Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Should Life be Cruel, or Good? ❯ From bad, to Worse. ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

 
CHAPTER THREE
 
 
The next morning Kari had woken up her son, eaten and fed him breakfast, and the two were already heading for school.
 
Since Kari was also Koji's teacher, Kari just drove her son with her to school, however Koji noticed that his mother was looking sad again.
 
“Mommy, are you alright?” he asked, his mother snapped out of it. “Oh, I'm alright sweetie, don't worry.”
 
Kari had told her son that she had been getting numerous headaches from working too hard, but she didn't tell him, it was because that he was not really her actual son, and she was feeling quite lonely in life.
 
Kari pulled her car into the parking lot of the Obadiah Preschool, right beside a black limousine.
 
* * *
 
Inside the school, Davis had agreed to walk his son into class. Davis nervously looked at his watch.
 
`Good', he said to himself, `Class doesn't start for at least another 5 minutes. I can't let Kari see me here.'
 
Davis almost wondered why he was thinking that, but he didn't care. Suddenly Davis felt his son tap his leg. He looked down, and saw his son, and familiar young boy with him.
 
“Daddy this is my friend Koji Kamiya.” He said, Davis bent down and shook Koji's hand, “I've heard so much about you” he said.
 
Koji however was staring at Davis face, “Say, Is your name Daisuke?” he asked, Davis smiled, “Yes, how did you know that?”
 
“My Mommy keeps telling me about people like you.” Replied Koji, Davis almost went nuts at the mention of Kari's name.
“Really?” he said in an attempt to keep his cool, “What else?” Koji held out an envelope to Davis.
 
“She asked me to give this to Musuko, but since it's for you…here.” Davis took the letter, and gave the kid a smile, but inside he felt like he was going to burst.
 
It was another one of Kari's letters, asking him to meet up with her, and tell her why he had been avoiding her. Koji asked Davis to read it to him, but luckily the bell rang, it was time to start classes.
 
Davis looked down at the boys, “Sorry kids I have to go now. I'll be late for work.” He said.
 
Musuko and Koji were confused, “But Daddy I thought you were the President?” said Musuko,
 
“I am the President”, his father answered. “But Presidents have less freedom than anyone, and they don't have any fun either”. Davis picked up his brief case and was out the door.
 
* * *
 
Kari was still pondering her thoughts of her messed up life, `Things weren't supposed to go like this'. She said to herself, she was still thinking about it when she bumped into a man in the hall way.
 
“I'm real sorry about that.” Said the Man. `That voice' said Kari's mind, then she realized who it was… “DAVIS?”
 
Now it was Davis' turn to look up in shock… “KARI…OH NO”, like lightning Davis got up and ran out the door so fast that he forgot his brief case. For he had dropped it when he bumped into Kari.
 
Kari thought that was pretty rude of him to just run away from like that. Still she wouldn't let him get away. She had waited so long to see him again, and yet he was avoiding her.
 
Kari got her feet, and ran after him. She ran out the school doors, and just saw him hastily get into his limo.
The long black car began to pull out of the parking lot, but stopped a t a red light. Kari quickly got into her car, and began to follow the limo just as the light turned green.
 
The chase was on.
 
* * *
 
Davis could see Kari's car right behind him, and so could Ikki. He also noticed that there were no other drivers at all.
 
“Shall I hit her with the oil slick sir?” asked James.. Davis was one of the most famous men in the world, and he needed to be ready for anything.
 
Davis' limousine was armed with awesome defenses Including, Machine guns, Oil slick, Smoke screen, even rocket boosters…he rarely used those.
 
Davis' features hardened; “You Dare Ikki!” he growled, “If You So Much as lay a finger on Her, I cut you instead of you pay check!”
 
Davis immediately regained his sanity. “Oh, I'm sorry Ikki, I didn't mean to yell at you.” “Yes sir” said Ikki.
 
“Don't hurt her just keep driving!” said Davis, “She can't follow us all the way”. Davis knew of something that would make Kari stop following him.
 
* * *
Kari Continued to follow Davis' limo up the road. She even tried to get his attention by blowing her car's horn, but he wouldn't answer her.
 
Suddenly Kari's eyes widened at what was up ahead. It was a large 40 story high building, and at the top in flashing letters it said… `Motomiya Noodle Plant'
 
`Wow this must be that building I saw on the news' Kari thought to herself, but then she heard the sound of a guard's whistle.
 
She looked up ahead, and saw that she had nearly driven right through the front gate. While Davis was safely on the other side of it…Out of her reach.
 
One of the guards had gestured Kari to roll down her window. She did as was told, and the guard confronted her.
 
“This is a restricted area madam,” he said “Please keep 5 yards back from the fence!” Kari still wasn't about to give up.
 
“Please you have to let me in there!” she cried, but the guard had to carry out his orders. “Sorry madam, but there is absolutely No admittance. Only authorized personal are allowed in beyond this point”.
 
“That can't mean Davis' friends.” Argued Kari,
 
“If you're referring to the President Madam?” said the guard, “He distinctly told us that he has no friends, even if he had he still would not allow them through”.
 
Kari couldn't believe what she just heard. `Davis said he has no friend, this can't be like him at all' she thought to herself.
 
“Now Madam I'm asking you nicely, please leave. Please don't make me ask you again!”. Said the guard, Kari knew she was finished, and sadly began to drive back to the Preschool.
 
* * *
 
Up in his office window on the top floor, Davis sighed in relief that she was gone, and sat down at his desk.
 
He decided to do something to take his mind off Kari. “I think I'll donate my money to my favorite charities again”. He said.
 
Well he would have, accept when he looked over his chair, he realized something was missing…
 
“MY BREIF CASE!” he shouted out loud. “I must've left it at the preschool…DAMN IT!”
 
Knowing that he wouldn't stand a chance of finding it now if he went back to the preschool, but what he really hoped, is that Kari wasn't the one who picked it up.
Davis mainly stashed away in that brief case his check book, his paid bills, the blue prints of the building's design, and his money balances, but there was something else he kept in their that he did not want anyone else to see.
 
What could it be?
 
* * *
 
Kari rode back to school, feeling all upset in her failure to communicate with Davis. “Why Davis?” she said to herself, “Why won't you talk to me?”.
 
Kari walked towards the front door, but along the way, she saw the principal and the superintendent of the school waiting there with angry expressions.
 
“MS . KAMIYA, WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN!” the principal shouted. Kari suddenly remembered that she had left her class unattended for an hour and a half. She was in big trouble now.
 
 
Kari found herself sitting in the Principal's office, with the him and the Superintendent, pulling out a record of Kari's reckless behavior since she became a teacher.
 
“Ms Kamiya,” said the superintendent. “Of all the teachers I have met, you are the strangest of them all”.
 
Kari's eyes cast downward, for this was not the first time she had been disrespectful to the school policy.
 
She had run off leaving her class unattended to, several times in the past, and yet she refused to reveal why she did.
 
It was because of her long lost feelings for Davis that was causing this to happen, but Kari couldn't tell the two gentlemen that. So instead, she just lied about it every time.
 
“WELL…” roared the superintendent, Kari remained silent. Inside her mind was telling her.
 
`Don't lie like this, tell them'
`No, I can't'
 
`Too bad, can't help you then'.
 
 
“Mr. Orikami.” Said the superintendent, “I expected you to hire a reliable teacher, and instead, you give me THIS!”
 
The principal stood up “But Sir, I…” “SILENCE!” Mr. Orikami sat back down, and the superintendent headed for the door.
 
“I was going to present you with the school of the year award, but now I'm going to be sick!” he slammed the door and was gone.
 
The principal stared Kari dead in the eyes. “There is no reduce of salary this time Ms. Kamiya, This is the end!” he said deeply as Kari nearly fell out of her seat.
 
“You are FIRED, Now Get off my property or I'm calling the police!” He stomped out of the office, and left poor Kari taking what was said so hard.
 
Kari had just enough strength over her emotion's to get to her car, and make it home. Then she went to her bed room, threw herself on the bed, and burst into tears.
 
She had lost her job, her whole world was really ready to crumble!
 
* * *
 
Soon afterwards, Kari stopped crying. Her face was stained with tears of loss. She decided to get a breath of fresh air.
 
She sadly walked out to her mailbox to get her mail, but on the way back to the house, she noticed through her car windows, there was a black brief case, with a note hanging on it.
 
She picked out the case, and read the note. It said…
 
Ms. Kamiya…
You forgot to take your brief case home when you left.
 
It just goes to show how ruthless you really are.
 
So take the case and go home.
Principal. Orikami
 
 
Kari just looked confused. `I never brought a brief case to work' she thought to herself. She also noticed that it was unlocked.
 
She took the brief case into the house, and opened it up. Inside she found a check book, and paid for bills and taxes that added up to over 1 million dollars.
 
She even found blue prints of the same building she went to today, and realized; “Oh man, this is Davis' brief case”, she said to herself. “He must've left it behind while he was running from me”.
 
She was about to close the case, when a small black Video case slipped out from the back. “What's this?” Kari asked herself. There was only one way to find out.