Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sincerity ❯ Sincerity's Vow ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

"It's boring Arch." Kari lamented bouncing a ball off the wall. "I need something to do."

"She's right Arch." Iori said. "We need something new."

I tapped my chin a moment before spinning to face the keyboard. "We're writing a Takimi."

"What!" TK exploded before pitching back in a faint.

"TK! Talk to me!" Kari cried kneeling beside him.

"Iori. The usual please."

"Right. Disclaimer: Archangel Bloodraven does not own Digimon, Card Captor Sakura, Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, or Gundam Wing."

"They're all in there?" Kari asked still trying to revive TK.

"Guest appearances." Arch explained. "Robster's rubbing off on me."

"This fic is dedicated to Robster80, FF.N's premiere couple switching author." Iori said. "Run with it Arch."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~

Sincerity's Vow
By Archangel Bloodraven.

"I can't tell you how glad I am to have you back, Mimi!" Sora gushed.

"Not half as glad as I am to be back." The pink haired girl replied. "I can't wait to see the old gang again." She trailed off as the pair passed a familiar looking form sobbing on a bench. "Excuse me, but is there something wrong?"

"Don't stop on my account Mimi."

"Takeru?" Mimi gasped in surprise as she and Sora instantly sat on either side of the Digidestined of Hope. "What happened?"

"Matt was supposed meet me here and he was running late so I went to his apartment."

***

TK used his spare key to slip into his brothers apartment. He was about to call out to him when he heard moans coming from the bedroom.

"That explains why he didn't meet me." He chuckled waiting for Casanova to finish.

When the moans did subside and his brother still failed to appear, TK took a chance and opened the bedroom door.

That was the worst mistake he could have made.

Nestled in bed together were Matt and Kari both as naked as the day they were born, fast asleep.

"Kari." TK whispered trying to make sense of this double betrayal.

As if cued to drive the final knife into his heart, she rolled over closer to Matt and whispered almost too softly to hear. "Ai shigeru, Yama chan."

That was the fatal injury. Retaining just enough presence of mind to close the door, he bolted, at some point automatically locking the door behind him.

***

"I can't believe it." Mimi said awed. "I broke up with Matt because word on the street confirmed my suspicions that Matt was cheating on me , but I never thought in my wildest dreams..."

"When I get my hands on that little slut..." Sora said hands clenching into fists.

"No Sora. I'll settle with them when I'm ready. Until then this stays between us."

"I can't promise that TK. " She said.

"Can Tai keep this from Kari?"

"Yes. I'm sure he can."

"Then you can tell him. The rest stays between us." He said.

"I promise." The two girls chorused squeezing his hand.

"I'm heading over there now." Sora said. "I'm gonna try to be civil. For you."

"Thank you." TK said wiping his eyes. and standing up. "I should be heading home."

"Oh no you don't." Mimi said pulling out her cell phone and handing it to the younger boy. "You're going to call your mother and tell her what happened and then you're coming to my house."

"Don't you trust me alone?"

"Not with a broken heart. Besides, the rest of my family won't be arriving until tomorrow morning. We can spend the night alone together." The usually perky girl now wore a face deeply etched in pain and thought.

TK sighed and began dialing. "Hi mom. I'm gonna be spending the night at a friends house."

"You'll be with Kari then?"

"No mom. Kari and I are kinda on the rocks right now. I'll be with my friend Mimi."

"Ah I remember Mimi. Such a nice girl. I want you to do whatever make you happy TK, just as long as you don't regret it later. Can I speak to Mimi?"

"Sure mom. But Kari's not to know where I'm at. Matt either." He said handing off the phone.

"Konichiwa Ma'am."

"Call me Nancy." The other woman said. "Now is TK all right?"

"I'm not sure Nancy. Right now, he just needs someone to lean on."

"Just make sure my baby boy doesn't do anything stupid, okay?"

"Yes Ma'am. I'll have him home early tomorrow."

***

Twenty minutes later the two teens stepped into Mimi's empty apartment. "Home sweet home!" She said cheerfully. With another lonely heart to share it with.

"You have a very lovely house." TK said.

"Thank you." Mimi said. How come Matt never commented about anything like that? She thought frowning before shaking her head. She strolled over to the answering machine and turned it on. "Konichiwa! You've reached the Takichawa residence. We can't take your call right now so leave your name, number, and a message. We'll get back to you! Ja ne!" With that she turned the ringer off and stepped into the kitchen. "Come on in TK." She laughed. "I don't bite."

TK chuckled weakly and slipped quietly into the kitchen. "Sorry Mimi. It's just that this is the first time I've ever been alone at a girls house. It's a little awkward."

"Then don't think of me as a girl silly." Mimi laughed. "Just relax and think of me as a friend, hmm?"

"Hai." He said with a small smile.

"Do you like pasta?" She asked.

"Actually yes."

"Good, because between you and me..." She lowered her voice. "it's the only thing I can cook without burning it." She gave a rueful chuckle.

"I can only make salads," TK blushed with embarrassment. "so I won't tell if you don't."

"Deal." Mimi said putting on some water to boil as TK pulled some veggies out of the crisper. "And what do you think you're doing?"

"I am making a Takeru Takashi salad supreme." He said with a smirk.

"I am princess Mimi and this is my sovereign domain." She said haughtily. "The penalty for trespassing ..." She paused menacingly as she approached him. "is severe tickling!" She pounced on the squirming child of hope tickling him mercilessly and for the time being, taking his mind off his pain.

"Kuso!" She snapped pushing him away.

"Mimi? Did I do something wrong?" The perplexed blonde asked.

"No Takeru. We must have knocked the knife off the table." She said turning her hand over to show a shallow gash in the backside.

"Come on." He said pulling her to her feet and leading or rather dragging her to the bathroom.

"TK it's nothing."

"Sit." He commanded pushing her onto the toilette seat.

"I'm not a dog!" Mimi huffed.

"Please sit, Mimi." He said, blue eyes pleading. "I'm as responsible for this as you are, and I'd like to fix it. Hai?"

"Hai." Mimi said softly. TK smiled and got some antiseptic and bandages out of the medicine cabinet. Within a few moments he had the wound cleaned and wrapped. As he turned to replace the supplies, Mimi turned his hand over and gently kissed it. "Thank you. Matt would never do anything like that for me."

TK's eyes hardened a moment before he relaxed and returned the kiss. "I am not my brother." He said gently.

Mimi smiled a moment. "Race ya to the kitchen!" She grinned taking off through the narrow apartment. TK chuckled in spite of himself and followed her making no real attempt to catch her.

"Just be careful Mimi. I'm not a doctor." He said.

Mimi responded by slowing down and walking sedately into the kitchen. "You see? Just in time to add the noodles."

"And I'm going to try and set a new record for the TTSS." TK said picking up a knife. "Safely of course."

"Of course." Mimi said with a grin. The grin soon changed to an O of astonishment as TK began to spin and twirl the knife slicing and tossing the salad all at the same time in a magnificent display of culinary prestidigitation. "That was..."

"I'm glad you liked it. I worked very hard to become that good."

"Now what to drink." Mimi said opening a cabinet and peering inside. " This one I think." She said pulling out a bottle.

"Mimi that's wine."

"Mmm hmm." She said setting the table.

"I've never had wine."

"Well we're certainly not having pasta and water. Just have one glass, for me, hai?"

"Hai." TK sighed in resignation.

"Come on Takeru!" Mimi said brightly. "It's not gonna hurt you and you might just like it." She said serving the meal onto the plates and pulling out TK's chair.

"I thought the gentleman was supposed to be pulling chairs."

"What can I say?" She said pouring the wine. "Princess Mimi is far from predictable. A toast." She said leaning her glass across the table. "To new beginnings..."

"...and just desserts." TK finished chiming glasses and taking a sip. "You're right Mimi. I do like it."

"Just remember to to eat. I don't want to get you drunk."

But half a bottle of wine later they we're both very drunk. "Dance with me, Mimi!" TK said pulling her gently, though awkwardly to her feet.

"But we've got no music."

"Then turn on the radio silly."

"Hai!" She said hitting herself in the head. "Mimi no baka!"

"No you're not." TK said stroking her face. "You're ... you."

"Takeru!" Mimi blushed and turned on the radio as a slow song began to play and TK pulled her closer.

I believe in miracles
I believe in signs
And I believe that mountains move
One prayer at a time

If I could be an angel
I'd make your every wish come true
But I am only human
Just a woman
Lovin' you

Where your road leads
I will follow
When your heart bleeds
I'll be there for you
When your night grows dark
And you can't find your tomorrow
Then you can follow me

Someday we'll look back and see
Our footprints in the sand
Sometimes you would carry me
And sometimes you'd be in my hands

If we can love forever
That won't be long enough for me
I want to hold you tender
Be your shelter
All you need

Where your road leads
I will follow
When your heart bleeds
I'll be there for you
When your night grows dark
And you can't find your tomorrow
Then you can follow me

Oh, we can be each other's guiding light
Through this long and winding life

Where your road leads
I will follow
When your heart bleeds
I'll be there for you
When your night grows dark
And you can't find your tomorrow
When you've lost sight of your dreams
Then you can follow me

"That was Trisha Yearwood with Where Your Road Leads, leading us into another 30 minutes of slow jams." The DJ announced before starting the next song. Mimi reached to turn it off but TK had already heard the opening.

"That was our song." He said mournfully. "Me and Kari." Suddenly he buried his face in Mimi's chest and wept as the scar was ripped open anew.

"Shush." She soothed sitting down and rocking the younger boy. "It'll be all right."

"I give up." He sobbed. "I'm never letting anyone in my heart again. It hurts too much when they leave."

"Oh TK..." Mimi sighed as she felt the stirring of her crest's energy. TK meant it.

"Never again." He mumbled.

"Come on champ. Let's get you to bed. Maybe you'll feel better after a goods night rest." She said leading him to her bedroom and tucking him in. Moments later he fell into a deep and uneasy sleep.

Mimi felt her heart go out to this young boy. She stroked his forehead as she thought of everything he had gone through. "I swear to you Takeru, no matter how much you're hurting, I will always be there for you. I will always be waiting with a warm heart and open arms to heal you, and I will never ever hurt you this way. This I vow." She whispered fiercely, unaware of the warm glow of her crest beneath her shirt. She lay her head on his chest as his steady heartbeat lulled her to sleep.

***

Tai and Sora were walking down the street when Sora crumpled to the ground coiled up in pain.

"Sora! What's wrong?" Tai exploded anxiously.

"TK... so much pain."

"Get an ambulance!" He shouted. "Hurry! Stay with me Sora. What about TK?"

"I can feel... all of us." She moaned her face twisted in pain. "He gave up..." She whispered before passing out.