Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Sleepover ❯ Sleepover ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimers: I don't own Digimon. I'm simply using the characters for my and my muses entertainment.
Notes:
"blah"=speaking
'blah'=thoughts

Sleepoverby Yaoi Girl

"Are you staying or not?" Yamato asked the brunette, for at least, the 10th time in the 15-minute phone conversation they were currently sharing.

"My mom still won't answer me," Taichi sighed. "She's such a wench sometimes."

"Well, call me if you can. My dad needs to use the phone and I have some stuff to do."

"Alright, I will. Bye!"

"Later."

Taichi sat down on the receiver, and then headed into the kitchen to find his 'wench' of a mother.

"Mom, can I…"

Sighing before he could finish, she said, "Take out the trash and put your dirty clothes in the hamper before you go."

The brunette beamed as he raced to the trashcan, pulling out and tying the full bag. He then replaced the can with a new bag, picked up the old one and tore through the apartment to the front door, setting the bag just outside so he could take it down to the dumpster when he left.

He then booked through the apartment to his bedroom, collecting all the dirty clothes off the floor, into a pile, then ran to the bathroom and tossed them carelessly into the hamper, not noticing as half of them totally missed and landed on the floor or hung off the side of the hamper.

'Why am I so excited to get to Yamato's house? I've never been this anxious to get there. It's probably because I haven't seen him for a month since school let out. But why do I miss him so much?' he thought as he packed his overnight bag, cramming and wadding his clothes into the backpack.

He threw the bad onto his back, ran to the phone, quickly dialed Yamato's number, told the boy he was on his way, hung up the phone, and ran to the front door, quickly stepping into his shoes.

"See you tomorrow, mom! Bye dad and Hikari!" he called out as he opened the door and stepped outside, nearly tripping over the trash bag.

By the time Yamato was done with his chores, it was nearly 10:30 pm and Taichi was beating on his door.

"Dad, could you get it?" Yamato groaned, his head leaned against the armrest of the couch as he was splayed across it, an arm over his eyes while the other hung over the edge.

"Aw. Poor Yamato tired after all that work?" his dad teased as he opened the door to see Taichi, who was standing there beaming.

"Hi, Mr. Ishida!" Taichi said happily as he stepped in, toeing off his shoes and tossing his backpack near them, an old habit he never considered breaking.

By the time the bag hit the floor, Yamato's dad had greeted him and had disappeared.

The brunette ran into the adjoining living room, leaping in the air and onto the resting blonde.

Yamato made no major effort to remove Taichi, who was sitting on his stomach. He simply removed the arm from over his eyes, lifting his head every so slightly to glare at the boy.

"What do you think you're doing?" he snapped.

"Is that any way to treat you best friend that you haven't seen in a month?" the brunette smiled.

The blonde attempted to sit up, but to no avail, as Taichi wouldn't move.

"Get off me, will ya?"

"Only if you cook me dinner."

"Didn't you eat before you came over?"

"Whose cooking would I rather have: your delicious food, or my mom's creations that always involve the word 'surprise'?"

Yamato rolled his eyes with a smiled. "Fine. But don't expect a three course meal."

Taichi relented and stood up, holding out his arms.

Yamato accepted the gesture, placing his hands in the brunette's so the boy could haul him to his feet.

When the blonde was standing up, however, he didn't let go of Taichi's hands, nor did Taichi try to let go of his.

The two simply stood there for a moment until Yamato unlaced their hands and wrapped his arms around Taichi's waist, resting his head on the boy's shoulder, hugging him, whispering, "I can't believe how much I've missed you, Taichi. You just don't know how glad I am to see you, your face and eyes, your ridiculously large head of hair…"

Taichi's eyes widened the moment Yamato had begun to hug him, not responding to the embrace until he heard Yamato's heartbroken voice, only then did he wrap his arms around the blonde, content for the moment as they held each other in the silence that followed.

"I've missed you, too, Yamato," he finally said.

"As touching as this is, Yamato, you still have some dishes to do," his dad said, leaning against a wall in the living room.

Both tensed in the others arms, eyes wide, before pulling away from each other.

"How long have you been standing there?!" Yamato demanded, his eyes narrowing darkly.

"Long enough. I think a few minutes more, you would've confessed your love for each other," his dad chuckled as he walked down the hall.

Yamato glared at his dad's retreating figure while Taichi blushed furiously, neither wanting to comment on the subject.

"C'mon. Let's get you fed," Yamato said, heading off towards the kitchen with a sigh.

Taichi stopped the boy by grabbing his right hand, forcing him to turn around. "I was just kidding. Of course, I ate earlier."

"Good! That means I'll only have those couple pans left to finish up in the morning."

"And they had better be done by the time I get home," Yamato's dad said from the front door, pulling on his jacket and shoes. "Don't destroy the house and no sex on the new couch."

"Dad!" Yamato flushed, totally embarrassed his dad would say such a thing, Taichi's face matching his own. "It's not like we're that stupid!" 'That didn't come out as planned…'

His dad walked out the door, laughing to himself.

"Where's he going?" Taichi asked, regaining, for the most part, his normal composure, taking a seat in the recliner.

"He worked the mid-night shift now. And you're in my seat," Yamato said as he stood at Taichi's feet, hands on his hips, staring down at the boy.

"I don't see your name on it."

"Fine then. If you won't move, share!" he said as he scooted the brunette over and sat beside him, pulling the lever for the footrest.

"We're pathetic."

"Huh?"

Taichi gestured to the couch. "Brand new and begging to be broke in, while here we are fighting over an old recliner."

"That's because this old baby's already broke in and comfy, so why not sit here?"

Taichi shrugged, grabbing the TV remote and turned it on, flipping through the channels, shifting in the chair at the uncomfortable tightness between Yamato's body and the arm of the chair.

"Problems?" the blonde chuckled, noticing Taichi's discomfort cause by the menacing chair.

"A little," he replied, putting the remote down after he had put it on a music station.

Yamato lifted himself up slightly with his arms. "Move to the middle."

"Why?"

"Do you want to be comfortable or not?"

"You're giving the chair to me?"

"In your dreams. Now move."

The brunette shifted to the center of the chair, Yamato then lowering himself to sit on Taichi, sitting at an angle, wrapping his arms around the boy's neck.

"Better?"

The brunette could only nod. 'No he's not sitting on you like this because he likes you, Taichi! He's doing it so we can both have the chair, be comfortable, and not fight,' he told himself while he unconsciously slipped an arm around Yamato's waist.

"Will you change it, Taichi?" Yamato pleaded.

Taichi picked up the remote and started flipping through the channels until Yamato told him to stop, the channel now on some romance movie.

"Into sappy stuff, are we?" Taichi laughed, Yamato blushing ever so slightly.

"No one said you had to watch."

Taichi rolled his eyes, knowing he wouldn't win this argument, leaning his head back into the chair and closing his eyes.

Yamato kept an eye on the TV and the brunette, waiting to hear him snore.

When the sounds of slumber started to emerge from Taichi's slightly parted lips, the blonde cautiously shifted a little, lowering his head and kissing the oh-so-cute-while-he's-sleeping Taichi on the cheek.

"Are you acting out those sappy romantic movies now, Yamato?" Taichi giggled, having been faking sleep.

Yamato flushed, pulling away quickly from Taichi's face. "I…I, um…no!" was all he could stammer, not making eye contact with the other boy.

"Sure…like I believe that," he said, smiling and rolling his eyes.

The blonde suddenly became serious, glaring at Taichi sadly.

"What?"

"You have no idea what it's like, do you?"

"What's like?"

He lowered his head to Taichi's shoulder, trying to keep his tears from the brunette's view. "Just forget it. You can change the channel if you want."

Taichi hit the power button on the remote with a sigh. "I'm ready for bed. How 'bout you?" he asked as he gently shrugging the shoulder Yamato was resting his head on.

"Whatever."

"What's with the attitude all of a sudden?"

"I'm just tired and frustrated right now."

"About what?

"Just drop it, Taichi," he said as he crawled off the chair and headed to his room.

'You don't know what it's like to be in love with your best friend, that's what,'Yamato thought as he stalked off to his bedroom, flicking on the light, his eyes widening at something he forgot.

The brunette now stood in the blonde's room behind its owner, his backpack over one shoulder.

"Taichi…"

"Yeah?" he said as he sat his bag down on the end of Yamato's bed.

"Do you want my bed or the couch tonight?"

"Where's my bed?" he asked, confused as to where his usual trundle bed was.

"Takeru has it. He borrowed it last week for a sleepover and he hasn't brought it back yet. So what's it gonna be?"

"I'll take the couch, I guess."

Taichi picked up his bag, turned to Yamato, kissed him on the cheek, making the blonde blush, then headed toward the living room. "There. I've returned the favor."

~*~

TBC

My first stab at a Digimon fic, but I hoped you liked it. R&R please!!!