Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Soccer Freak ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Heeeeeloo there!! ^___^

Yama: O.o Oh god… she's back again…

Sillie: Did ya miss me? Did ya, did ya, did ya?

Taichi: Did you let her eat chocolate cookies?

Yama: No…why?

Taichi: It makes her hyper…

Sillie: * bounces *

Yama: Right… -__-''

Sillie: All right… I finally managed to squeeze a story out… I've been battling with my writers block for a long time.. * glares at writers block * …and it's still lurking…

Yama: So, what are you doing to us now?

Sillie: You'll see… * grins *

Taichi: I don't like that smile… Not at all…

Sillie: Oh, don't whine… just do your job… * pokes Taichi *

Taichi: Oh alright… the disclaimer: Sillie does not own Digimon, or it's characters…

Sillie: Thank you Taichi… Well, let's start!

Soccer freak (chapter one)

"Come on Taichi, you can do it!"

It was the last minute of the game, and Tai had the ball in his possession. It had been an exciting match. Both teams where equally matched, and both teams had a hard time scoring. If Tai wanted to win, he had to score now!

He was looking around franticly for an opportunity, when he suddenly saw a hole in the defence. Tai grinned, and raced to the goal. Finally, a defender from the opposite team saw the danger. He raced after Tai, but he was to late.

Tai kicked the ball just before the defender tackled him. The ball soared through the air at great speed, slipped through the hands of the goalie, and connected with the net.

Tai hadn't seen what had happened, but when he heard the great roar of sound that followed, he knew he had scored. He smiled, and looked up when someone tapped him on the shoulder. It was the defender who had tackled him.

"Are you alright?"

"Yeah, I'm fine." Tai replied. The defender smiled relieved, and helped Tai stand up.

"Congratulations! That was a wonderful goal!" The defender said. Tai grinned. "Thanks!"

Whatever he had wanted to say next was lost, when the rest of his team had reached him. They hugged him, and then took him on their shoulders. Tai waved at the cheering audience. When he spotted his friends, he had to laugh.

They where cheering and yelling loudly, and where dressed in the colours of Tai's team. They had flags, and Davis had even painted a flag on each of his cheeks.

Then he looked at Matt, his best friend, and suddenly he felt all warm and fuzzy inside. Secretly, he was in love with the other boy. But he'd never found the courage to tell him, afraid of how he'd react, and what it might do to their friendship.

Tai looked a little to the left, and spotted his dad. He always came to every game, and supported Tai greatly to become even better at soccer. He had a big grin ion his face, and gave Tai a thumbs up when he noticed he was looking at him.

Tai smiled back at him, thanking who ever is up there that he had such supporting friends and family. He felt really happy, but little did he know it would all change soon…

~*~

Tai was running down the road. He was late for soccer practice! He and Matt had been sitting at the lake in the park, and he totally lost track of time. Only when Matt had asked if he shouldn't be on practice, he noticed the time.

He had to kill Matt later for warning him so late. It wasn't the first time this happened too… Damn Matt for being so god damn sexy, and distracting him all the time…

When he reached the soccer field, he quickly changed.

"So, you decided to show up after all…" the coach said as soon as he saw Tai. Tai blushed, and shuffled his feet. "I'm not doing it on purpose… I just lost track of time…" he murmured.

"It's the sixth time you're late! It can't go on like this Taichi. You're a very good player, you aren't captain for nothing, but if you keep coming late… I'll have to put you off the team."

Tai's eyes widened. "What?! But… but you can't!"

"I sure can… especially as captain you should be on time… to set an example. I'll call your dad to tell him what's going on. Maybe he will help you to be on time next practice…"

Tai was speechless. He could only stare at his coach with wide eyes and his mouth slightly open. Call his dad… It wasn't that bad to be late, was it?

"Mr. Yagami. Close your mouth, and join your team mates. After training you'll do some extra laps."

"But…but…" Tai sputtered. "No buts." Coach said. "Now move."

Tai did as he was told, and quickly joined his team mates. He worked really hard, and did his very best, hoping the coach would go easy on him at the extra laps, and maybe he would forget to call his dad…

But Tai had no such luck. While the rest of the team was heading to the dressing room, the coach turned to him. "Okay, you just run laps until I tell you to stop. I'm going to call your dad."

Tai looked pleadingly at his coach. "Do you have to? I'll be on time next practice, I promise!" The coach shook his head. "You said that last time, and you where late again today…"

"Not this time! I'll pay attention, I swear!" The coach sighed. "Come on Taichi… just run your laps.. You've had your chance…"

Then he turned and walked away. Tai looked after him, and groaned. 'Well… I better start running my laps…'

After 20 minutes, the coach came back out again. "Okay Taichi, you can stop now…" Tai was panting heavily. He'd never felt this tired before…

When he reached the coach, he started talking again. "Your dad wasn't very happy.. Apparently, you never told him you where late at some practises…" Tai groaned. "Would you tell?"

"You just go and take a shower, and go home. I'll see you next time."

Tai sighed. "yeah…"

~*~

After taking a shower and changing, Tai reluctantly headed home. He was a little afraid of what his dad would say. When his dad was young, he had been a great soccer player too… But an injury to the knee had ruined a professional career. A career he now wished for his son.

Tai sighed. He loved soccer…but he wasn't sure he loved it enough to start a career… But he didn't dare tell his dad.

Finally, he arrived at home. He just wanted to crawl into bed and sleep… But when he opened the door, his dad was waiting for him in the hall. And he didn't look all to happy… Tai closed the door, and tried to ignore the slight tremble of his hands. When the door was closed, he looked at his dad again.

"I received a phone call from your coach…" Tai's dad started, "… and he said you where late for practice today…. Again."

Tai didn't reply. What could he say? He put off his coat and shoes and walked past his dad to put his bag away. Suddenly he felt a hand grab is arm tightly, and he was whirled around.

"Don't you ignore me…!" his dad hissed. Tai winced.

"Dad… you're hurting me…" he whimpered. His dad didn't react, and grabbed him even tighter.

"Why where you late at practice?" Tai could feel his dads breath on his face, and he swallowed.

"I… I just lost track of time…" His dads eyes narrowed.

"You know you had practice today… How can you lose track of time?"

"I was sitting at the park with Ya.. with a friend, and I just forgot to check the time…"

His dad growled. "Did it went like that the other five times too?" Tai nodded, and looked away.

It was silent for a while, then his dad spoke again. "From now on, on days you have soccer practice, you come straight home after school. No hanging out with friends, understood?"

Tai looked at his dad with wide eyes. "But dad…"

His dad growled again, and pulled him even closer, so their noses where touching. "Understood?" he hissed. Tai quickly nodded. "Understood…" he whispered.

"Good." And then his dad let go of Tai's arm.

Tai quickly went to his room. He wasn't hungry, he just wanted to sleep. He changed into his nightclothes, and walked towards his bed.

But when he walked past his mirror, he halted. A bruise was starting to form on his arm. He slowly touched it with trembling fingers. He felt how tears started to form in his eyes, but he furiously blinked them away.

He turned away from the mirror, and crawled into bed. He was dead tired, but sleep wouldn't come. He kept seeing his father angered eyes burning into his. He unconsciously stoked his arm and again, tears came to his eyes.

His father had really scared him… He had never hurt him before, but now it looked like he did it on purpose…

Tai clenched his eyes shut, and a tear slid down his cheek. He buried his head in the pillow, and swallowed a sob.

He always thought his dad loved him, but he started to doubt that now… It looked like his dad loved soccer more… Tai whimpered, and grabbed his pillow tight.

He didn't want to think about that… His dad loved him. He kept repeating it in his head, but every time the piercing stare of his dad surfaced in his mind.

Eventually, after hours of tossing and turning, he fell asleep, tears drying on his cheeks…

t.b.c.

Taichi: O.o Why are you always out to hurt me?

Yama: o.O Yeah…

Taichi: And my dad isn't like that…

Sillie: -__-'' I know that… It's all for the story you know… Oh, and sorry if I was wrong somewhere in the game… I don't know that much about it….

Yama: Right… why are you always hurting my Tai-chan?

Sillie: So YOU can save him, dumbass…

Yama: * glare *

Sillie: Okay, I know it's short… but I wanted to put something out… It's been so long since I posted something… Please let me know what you think… * wink wink, nudge nudge *

Yama: You're shameless… -__-''