Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Soccer Freak ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Hi there!! Here we are for the second chapter… Thanks for all the reviews!!

glomps I luv Yugi and Daisuke so :p * You were my first reviewer! ^__^

I also want to thank: Me, KellyQ, The sad Blue Demon, Chessy Cat, PrincessSwifty, Keiji, Riviera, Catgirl Rahen, Anime Writer2, Colonel Sho, Splash-Yaoiluv (I wrote live?? >_<), Shadow Cat17 and nEo-cHaN. Your reviews keep me going! ^_^

Sillie: * looks around * Where is Taichi?

Yama: He doesn't want to come out of the room…

Sillie: Why?

Yama: He's wearing one off those outfits…

Sillie: Oh… ( * grins at I luv Yugi and Daisuke so :P*)

Taichi: * muffled * I'm not coming out looking like this!

Yama: You look cute in that….

Taichi: * muffled * … I do?

Yama: Yeah… you do…

Taichi: * opens door and steps out *

Yama: * drools *

Taichi: * is wearing a red sleeveless shirt, a short black skirt and high boots * Yama?

Yama: * glomps Taichi and drags him back into the room *

Sillie: -__-'' Right… let's start… Looks like I'll have to do the disclaimer myself this time….

I don't own Digimon or it's characters… * sighs *

Okay….let's start…

Soccer Freak ( chapter 2 )

The next morning, Tai was awoken by his alarm clock. He tried to shut it of by swinging his arm at it, but the only result he got was the alarm falling to the floor. Tai groaned, as the sound of the alarm continued to assault his ears.

"Alright! I'm up, I'm up!" he grumbled, as he lifted himself of off the bed. He quickly shut off the alarm, and flopped back on his bed. He had the feeling as if he hadn't been sleeping at all, and he still felt really tired.

He had almost fallen back to sleep, when Kari knocked on his door. "Taichi, come on, hurry up, or we'll be late to school!" Tai opened his eyes and glanced at his clock. Then he cursed.

He bolted upright, and quickly got dressed. He glanced in the mirror, and brushed his hands trough his unruly hair.

When he entered the kitchen, Kari was waiting for him. "What took you so long?" Tai shrugged. "I almost fell back asleep…"

When there was no reaction, Tai looked at his sister. She was staring at him with a worried expression. "What?" He asked.

"Are you sick?" Kari suddenly asked. "No… why do you ask?" Tai wondered. Kari shrugged. "I didn't see you last night, after your soccer practice. Normally you grab something to eat, but not last night. And you look kind of… tired…" Kari responded.

Tai blinked. "Oh… well.. I'm not sick. But I was late at practice yesterday, so I had to run some extra laps. I was just really tired, and went straight to bed. I didn't sleep to well though…"

Kari nodded. "Okay…" She smiled at him. "But we really have to go now… Come on."

~*~

When Tai reached school, Matt was waiting for him at his locker. "You are late." Tai roled his eyes. "Hi Taichi, it's so nice to see you" Tai mimicked Matt's voice. "It's nice to see you too, Yamato."

Now it was Matt's turn to role his eyes. "Okay, okay… It is nice to see you Taichi, but you're still late." Tai shrugged. "I almost fell back asleep after my alarm went off." Matt grinned. "You're such a baka at times."

Tai shrugged again, and opened his locker, to grab the books he needed. When he was finished, he turned to Matt. "So…let's go." Matt nodded, and they went to their first lesson.

~*~

It was almost lunch time, and Matt was worried. For the tenth time that lesson, he glanced at Tai, who was unusually quiet. He sighed when he saw Tai had fallen asleep… again.

It had happened at the end of their first lesson too, and had almost gotten him in detention. But his big brown eyes, and patented lost puppy dog expression had saved him again.

Now that Matt took a good look at Tai, he looked a little pale, and tired…

He leaned over, and carefully shook Tai awake. "Huh? Wha…?"

"Ssst!" Matt hissed, and glanced at the teacher. He hadn't heard them. Tai was looking at Matt, confusion written on his face. Matt sighed, and whispered: "You fell asleep again… Is something wrong Tai?"

Tai rubbed a hand over his eyes, and shook his head. "No…nothings wrong…" He whispered back, "I'll tell you later." Matt nodded, and looked at the teacher again.

After the lesson Matt pulled Tai aside. "Spill Taichi. Why are you falling asleep during class?" Tai sighed, and looked at Matt.

"You know I was late at practice yesterday… The coach let me run extra laps after practice was over… 20 minutes Yama! He let me run for 20 minutes. I've never been so tired in my life!"

Matt had a feeling Tai wasn't telling him everything, but he let it slip for now. "Come on, let's get something to eat… We've got gym later today…"

~*~

It was two hours later, and Tai and Matt where sitting in the locker room. "What are we doing today?" Matt asked, as he pulled his sweater off. Tai turned around to answer, but stopped dead in his tracks.

He stared at Matt's naked chest, and he felt his mouth go dry. He blinked when suddenly something waved in front of him. Matt was waving his hand in front of Tai's face, trying to get his attention.

"Taichi! I asked you something! " Slowly, Tai looked up at Matt's face, a blush forming on his cheeks. "Euh…" he stuttered, "we euh… we're playing soccer today…"

Matt groaned. "Not again!" He then pulled his t-shirt over his head, and looked at Tai again. "Shouldn't you change too?" Tai blinked, then grinned sheepishly. Matt smiled, and muttered: "Baka…"

Tai quickly pulled of his jeans, and put on his shorts. But when he pulled of his sweater, he heard a gasp. Matt was staring at his arm. Tai cursed inwardly. The bruise on his arm had a dark purple colour now. He had not wanted Matt to see it…

"What happened to your arm?"

Tai avoided Matt's gaze. "I-I bumped my a-arm at soccer training…" Matt snorted, but before he could say something, some of their classmates came walking in. Tai quickly put on his t-shirt and shoe's, and walked away.

Matt stared after him. Something was wrong… Tai was acting really weird, and it worried Matt. He was hiding something…and Matt was gonna find out what , or his name wasn't Yamato Ishida…

~*~

After school, Matt and Tai met at their lockers. "He Taichi… Wanna hang out at my place this afternoon?" Tai smiled. "Yeah, sure." He closed his locker, then turned to Matt. "Let's get out of here."

Matt nodded, and they walked to Matt's apartment. Once inside they settled on the couch. It was silent for a while, then Matt spoke. "So Taichi… what really happened yesterday?"

Tai looked up at him with wide eyes. "What do you mean? I already told you… I bumped my arm!"

Matt eyes narrowed. "That's bullshit Taichi, and you know it. Now tell me the truth!" Tai sighed, and looked away. He knew that Matt wouldn't let it go until he knew the truth.

"The…the coach called my dad… to tell him I was late at soccer practice… and that it hadn't been the first time too…" Tai started. Matt gaped. "He called your dad? Because you where late? "

Tai nodded. "Yeah… well, after showering and changing I went home. When I entered the house, my dad was waiting for me in the hallway…" Tai looked back at Matt. "He told me the coach had called, and that I was late again. I didn't reply. What could I say?"

Tai swallowed, and ran a hand through his hair. "So I put off my coat and shoes, and walked past my dad to put my bag away…"

Tai lowered his head. "He…he grabbed my arm, and spun me around…started asking questions, and lecturing me…" Tai squeezed his eyes shut as he felt tears pricking in his eyes.

"I said he was hurting me…" Tai whispered, "but he only squeezed harder… He cares more about soccer then about me…"

It was silent after that. Tai was biting back tears that wanted to fall. He didn't want to cry in front of Matt.

Suddenly, he felt a hand on his shoulder, and he looked up in Matt's concerned face. "Taichi…" he said with a soft voice. "I'm sure your dad loves you very much… He's always there for you, right?"

Tai nodded. "I think your dad was just a little mad, and wasn't thinking… sound familiar, ne?" Matt grinned, and Tai smiled slightly. "Your dad cares for you very much, you know that, right?"

"Yeah, I know…" Tai replied. Matt smiled, and spread his arms. "Come here…" Tai smiled fully now, and wrapped his arms around Matt's neck. Matt wrapped his arms around Tai's shoulders, and hugged him tightly.

"Thanks Yama…" Tai whispered. They let go of each other, and Matt grinned at Tai. "He, that's what friends are for, right?"

Tai grinned back at him. "Yeah…that's what friends are for."

t.b.c.

Hmm…I'm not completely satisfied about this chapter… I mean, It's okay, but still… * glares at writers block *

Dai: You're being vague…

Sillie: O.o where do you come from?

Dai: Well… Yama and Taichi are still euhm… 'busy', so I though, heck, I'll have a look at that story…

Sillie: ^__^ Nice to have you here.

Dai: ^_^

* sounds come from room where Taichi and Yama are *

Sillie: -__-'' Right… Well, let me know what you think… I'll try and update as soon as possible… Bye bye!! * waves *