Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Soccer Freak ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

* is being chased by Taichi and Yamato* Aaaaahhh!! Guy's, stop it!

Yama: You better finish this story quick…

Taichi: Yeah… Here, I'll do the disclaimer: Sillie doesn't own Digimon or it's characters… Thank god…

Yama: Now, continue!! *tackles me*

Sillie: O.o Aargh!! Alright, alright… I want to thank my reviewers…

Taichi: * clamps hand over my mouth* You can do that later…

Sillie: mpf! *glares *

Soccer Freak (chapter 7)

Matt was shifting uncomfortably in the hard plastic chair. The game was well underway, and it wasn't looking good. In the first half of the game, the opposite team had scored, and it was clear Tai's team had a hard time dealing wit that.

Tai seemed to get more agitated as time passed. But when the second half of the game started, it was completely gone, and after 5 minutes, Matt knew why. Tai's team seemed to have found some new energy, and another 5 minutes later one of Tai's team mates scored.

Matt cheered, and grinned as he saw Tai punch his fist in the air. But Matt's grin faded as he saw Tai stumble. Tai squeezed his eyes shut, and opened them again. Then he threw himself back into the game, like nothing had happened.

Matt's eyes never left Tai's form running on the field, but his thoughts where elsewhere. "Why would he do that?" he mumbled.

"Why would who do what?" a voice interrupted his thoughts. Matt glanced at the owner of the voice. "It's nothing Takeru… I was just thinking." T.K. shrugged and turned his attention back to the game.

Matt sighed. The feeling something would happen had come back full force. He wished he could march up that field, and drag Taichi off, so he could protect him… He sighed again, and turned his attention back to the game, hoping that at least Tai's team would win.

It would spare them from a lot of trouble…

~*~

Matt was biting on his nails. There where only 2 minutes left, and the score hadn't changed… Tai had been running his ass off all game, and Matt was amazed he was still going. His face was set in determent concentration.

Matt sat up a little as he was Tai steal the ball, and head for the goal. He watched Tai intently, and a rush of excitement went through him as he saw Tai grin. Tai manoeuvred himself in front of the goal with a feline grace no one else possessed.

Then he pulled back a leg, and kicked the ball with all his might. The ball soared through the air at top speed, and seconds later connected with the net. A great roar of sound erupted from the crowd, and only got louder when they heard the whistle, which told them the game had ended.

Matt cheered with the rest of the digidestened, and felt proud. His Taichi had won the game for them again. He glanced back at Tai, and frowned. Tai was staring at his teammates as they where approaching him.

Why wasn't he walking up to them to celebrate their victory? His eyes widened as Tai stumbled again. But this time, he didn't catch his footing. Matt looked on in horror as he saw Tai collapse onto the field.

Then he was moving, jumping over the low fence and running, while screaming Tai's name.

"Taichi!"

He fell on his knees next to him, and turned him around. Tai's eyes where closed, and he looked very pale… He pulled Tai's head in his lap and with a shaking hand, stroked Tai's damp hair out of his face.

"Taichi…baby, please… Open your eyes for me…"

Tears filled his eyes, but he blinked them away when he felt a hand on his shoulder. When he looked up, he stared straight into the worried face of Tai's coach.

"I've called an ambulance. They should be here any minute now…"

Matt nodded, and glanced around. Tai's teammates stood huddled together, all with a worried and defeated look on their faces. Next to them stood the digidestened. T.K. was comforting a crying Kari, looking extremely worried.

Matt eyes narrowed when he spotted Tai's dad. He was approaching them, an unreadable expression on his face. He stopped when he reached Tai's coach. He looked down on Tai.

"What's wrong with him?"

Matt felt a wave of anger, and growled: "You've got no right to ask! This is your fault!"

Matt knew he didn't know for sure, but he was angry dam it! That man had made Tai's life hell the past couple of weeks.

Tai's dad was gaping at him, and Matt snorted. Then he turned his attention back to Tai, stroking his hands trough his hair, hoping he would wake up. He was relieved when the ambulance arrived, and to his surprise, Tai's dad let him ride with Tai.

When they arrived at the hospital, he had to leave Tai's side, and he watched as they wheeled him into a room.

~*~

Matt was sitting on one of the plastic chairs in the waiting room, twiddling his thumbs nervously. He was extremely worried about Tai. He wanted to know what was wrong. Why was it taking so long before some one came and told him what was going on?

Suddenly, there was a lot of noise, and Matt looked in the direction of the entrance. Then he blinked, and did a double check, a small smile slowly creeping his way on his face. Entering the small waiting room where not only the digidestened and Tai's dad, but also a worried looking coach and the entire soccer team.

When one of the players saw Matt's stunned expression he shrugged apologetically. "Hee…we want to make sure he's alright you know… And we didn't the change to congratulate him yet…"

Matt smiled, and turned when he heard Kari's voice. "So…any news yet?" Matt's face sobered as he shook his head. The little waiting room grew silent as they where all anxious to know Tai's condition.

Luckily, they didn't have to wait long, as a few minutes later a doctor walked into the waiting room. He blinked, surprised at the amount of people in the little room.

"Euh.. Who's here for Taichi Yagami?"

Suddenly, Matt felt extremely nervous as he said to the doctor: "We all are… Is he all right? What's wrong with him?" The doctor smiled reassuringly at him. "Taichi is doing fine. He's just extremely tired…"

Matt heaved a sigh of relieve, and saw that relieve mirrored on all the faces around him. Then Kari asked: "So…what happened? Why did my brother collapse?" The doctor adjusted his glasses, and looked at her.

"Well…basically, he simply ran out of energy. It looks like his body was using too much energy lately, and he hasn't been eating well enough to keep his energy level up. I know that because he looks a bit thin, and we tested his blood. Without energy, the body shuts down to protect itself. Tai just needs a lot of rest, and eat properly, and he'll be fine in a week or two."

Matt glanced at Tai's dad, and saw that he'd gone somewhat pale. Matt frowned, but then turned his attention back towards the doctor.

"So…can we see him now?" The doctor smiled at the eager look on all their faces. "Alright, but not to long, 'cause he really needs his rest."

They walked into the small room silently. Tai was lying in a bed (A/N: duh.. -__-'), looking way to pale and fragile. An IV was dripping fluid into Tai's system, giving him the energy he needed so much.

Matt walked to Tai's side, and carefully grabbed a hand. He stared at Tai's face as his eyes slowly fluttered open, and focussed on his face. He smiled down at Tai, relieved to see those beautiful brown orbs look at him, and he felt how his eyes started to water.

He furiously blinked them away. He wouldn't cry in front of all these people. He didn't trust his voice though, but Tai seemed to understand, and squeezed his hand. He then stepped back and watched as the others crowded around Tai, telling him how glad they where he was all right, and congratulating him on winning the game.

Slowly, the room emptied and after a while, only Matt, Tai's dad and Kari where left. Mr. Yagami had been standing in a corner all this time, staring at Tai as he was talking at the others.

It was clear it was taking Tai some effort, and now he was exhausted. Matt walked back to Tai, and sat on the edge of the bed. Again, he grabbed Tai's hand, and gave it a reassuring squeeze. Tai smiled up at him, but visually tensed as his dad said his name.

Matt could clearly see the fear in Tai's eyes, and when Tai turned to face his dad, it was obvious Mr. Yagami saw it to. His eyes widened and he whispered: "My god… You're scared of me…"

He slowly walked over to Tai and stood at the side of the bed opposite Matt. Matt felt how the grip on his hand tightened. Mr. Yagami lifted his hand, and ran it trough Tai's hair. Tai flinched visibly, and Tai's dad pulled his hand back, looking guilty.

"I'm sorry…" he said softly, "…this is my fault… I don't know what got into me… I'm sorry…" Tears started to form in his eyes, and he quickly left the room.

The 3 digidestened stared at the closed door in shock. Kari blinked, then she quickly hugged her brother, and then left the room to follow her dad.

Tai and Matt where alone in the room now, and the silence was working on Matt's nerves. Tai was still staring at the door, and Matt couldn't see his face.

"Taichi…are you alright?"

Slowly, Tai turned his head, and Matt saw that Tai's eyes where glistering with unshed tears. Matt pulled Tai into a tight hug, and let him cry on his shoulder.

"I don't u-understand…" he whispered between sobs, "..that was my d-dad…"

Matt hugged Tai tighter against him. He knew what Tai meant. Mr. Yagami hadn't been acting like himself the last couple of weeks. But the shock of seeing Tai in a hospital bed had shook whatever it was off of him, and he seemed to feel very guilty about it…

That must have meant he was his old self again… Matt shook his head. This was all so confusing…

He ran his hand trough Tai's hair in a soothing motion, and whispered: "It will be alright… You have to get some sleep…" He looked down at Tai's face, and stared into his gorgeous brown eyes.

"Stay with me… please?" Tai whispered. Matt felt his heart grow warm at the trust that shone in Tai's eyes. He smiled, and settled down on the bed. "Of course… I won't leave you alone…"

Tai smiled in relieve, and snuggled closer against him, almost instantly falling asleep. Matt stayed awake for a while though, brushing his fingers trough Tai's hair. Everything would be fine now… He smiled and closed his eyes, slowly drifting off to sleep.

~*~

"Ah! Yama, stop it!!" Tai squealed.

It was two weeks later, and Tai was almost back to his old self again. He still got tired pretty quick, but it was getting better by the day.

They where currently at the Yagami household, sitting on the couch and watching TV. Mr. Yagami was at work, and Kari and Tai's mom where shopping. Tai had been channel surfing, and after about 15 minutes of continuously changing channels, Matt had enough.

He'd attacked Tai, tickling him everywhere he could reach. The remote fell to the floor, momentarily forgotten, as Tai was squealing with laughter, and gasping for air.

Tai was now lying on the couch, with Matt straddling his tights, tickling his abdomen and under his armpits.

"Do you surrender?" Matt asked, grinning. "Yes!" Tai gasped, and Matt's grin grew even bigger. "And another victory for Yamato Ishida…" Tai rolled his eyes, and tried to get his breathing back to normal. Matt snuggled against him, burying his face in Tai's neck, kissing the skin there lazily.

Tai sighed happily, and closed his eyes, wrapping his arms around Matt. They lay like that for a while, basking in each other's warmth and enjoying the closeness. Then Matt leaned up, placing his arms on each side of Tai's head, and stared down at Tai's face.

Tai had his eyes closed, a happy smile on his face and for a moment Matt thought he was asleep. But then his eyes opened, and he stared back at him. Matt reached up and brushed some hair out of Tai's face.

"I love you…" He whispered. Tai pulled Matt down to hug him tightly, while whispering: "I love you too…very much…" Then he let Matt lean up again, only to claim his lips seconds later.

Matt joined in happily, treading his fingers trough Tai's rich brown locks. Matt's tongue explored Tai's mouth thoroughly, and Tai moaned softly. Things could have gotten really interesting, but suddenly they heard a gasp and a thud.

They tore apart, and Matt slowly looked up. Tai's dad was standing in the doorway, staring at them with a shocked expression on his face. His briefcase had fallen to the floor, and was lying at his feet.

"Shit.." Matt whispered, and looked down at Tai again. Tai was staring at him with wide eyes, clearly scared. He couldn't see who was standing in the doorway, but Matt's expression had said enough.

Tai sat up slowly, and turned to face his dad, trembling slightly. Matt sat behind him, wrapping his arms around Tai's waist, and putting his chin on Tai's shoulder. He stared at Mr. Yagami, daring the man to say something.

Mr. Yagami slowly recovered from the shock, and he blinked a few times. Then he seemed to remember something, and a small smile crept on his face. He grabbed his suitcase, and walked over to them, sitting on the chair next to the couch.

Matt followed him with his eyes, a bit confused. Tai's dad didn't seem angry…

Mr. Yagami stared at them for a while, then shook his head and said: "I should have known…" Matt frowned. "Should have known what?" Tai's dad looked at him and answered: "That you love my son. Now that I think of it, it was pretty obvious…"

Matt's eyes widened slightly. "I-it was?" Tai's dad nodded. "Yeah… The way you looked at him…Always hanging around each other…And especially the way you where holding him on the soccer field…"

It was silent for a while, then Tai broke the silence. "So… Y-you aren't mad?" His voice was soft, and he was looking at the floor. Mr. Yagami sighed sadly, and reached out a hand. He put one finger under Tai's chin and lifted his head, so they looked each other in the eye.

"Taichi… No, I'm not mad…" He sighed again, and carefully grabbed Tai's hands.

"Listen…I'm really sorry I betrayed your trust in me. I don't know what got over me. But I promise you it's over now. I don't mind what you do, as long as you're happy…" He squeezed Tai's hands and smiled at Matt.

"Actually… I'm glad it's Yamato. I know he wouldn't hurt you on purpose. And it's clear he loves you very much, so I'm happy for you."

Slowly, a smile crept on Tai's face, making his eyes sparkle. Then, to the surprise of both Matt and Mr. Yagami, Tai leaned forward and hugged his dad. Mr. Yagami blinked, surprised, but then a smile came on his face and he hugged back.

"Thanks dad…" Tai whispered, before letting go. "No problem." Mr. Yagami said, before standing and walking to the door.

"I'm going to take a shower." He announced. Then a mischievous twinkle appeared in his eyes and he added: "Behave yourself, you two. We don't want your mom to have a hart attack when she gets home, now would we?"

Tai blushed furiously, and Tai's dad disappeared to the bathroom, chuckling to himself. Matt grinned. Tai looked adorable when he blushed. He stretched his arms and pulled Tai towards him. Tai snuggled against him, twining his fingers with Matt's.

"Taichi?" Matt asked softly. Tai cocked his head to the side, and looked at him. "Hmm?"

"Are you happy?" Tai blinked, then a serious look came on his face. "Yes," He stated, "I'm happy. I've got a family who loves me, and a wonderful boyfriend… I've got everything I need. I'm very happy."

Then he smiled at Matt, and grabbed his hand. "Come. Let's go to the park. I want to enjoy the sun as long as I can." Matt let Tai pull him to his feet, and ten he pulled Tai into a quick hug.

"Okay, tell your dad where we're going and then we'll go." Tai nodded, and after sharing a quick kiss he bounded down the hall. That made Matt smile. He was glad to see Tai got his energy back. A calm and quiet Tai was just to weird…

A few minutes later, Tai came bounding back, and they left the house, holding hands, and feeling perfectly happy…

~* Owari *~

Sillie: Mffpf! Mpfff mfpepfff!!

Taichi: Eh?

Yama: Taichi…you might want to let go of her mouth now… -__-'

Taichi: * blushes* I knew that…

Sillie: I said… Here, it's finished… You can get off me now…

Yama: Alright… * stands up, pulling Taichi with him*

Sillie: Thank you… Now, if you don't mind, I want to thank my reviewers… I mean, 107 reviews!! Did you see that?

Yama: Yeah… they're crazy…

Sillie: * glares* Don't insult my reviewers… All right, here we go…

I luv Yugi and Daisuke so :P : :D *glomps * I continued see? * huggles talking Taichi plushie*

Takuya: Heh… I know, I'm evil… but I updated, so you don't have to search my house…

KellyQ: Thanks! I hope you liked the new chapter. ^__^

Iba: ^__^

Lar-lar: Well…did you like my ending? I'm a really happy ending kind of person, so…

Tyson FoxFlame: XD * nibbles on chocolate rose* Look, Taichi's alright now…

Coey-sama: Heh…now it's really over… I hope you liked this chapter too..

Anime Writer2: * feels honoured* I'm glad you like my story's… ^__^

NEo-cHaN: * ducks to avoid stones* :P Heh.. I updated..

Lady-Kamiya: Cookies!! :D Here… I updated.. ^__^

Tinanit Enozym: Heh… Yama did kiss it better… ^__^ I hope you liked this chapter…

Tsuki no lomelinde: I updated… ^__^

Sanura-sama: O.o Calm down! Look, Taichi's all right now… :P

Last Samurai: I continued…

Shadow-seraph: You don't have to wait any longer… hope you like it.

Angel Reid: * pokes back* I continued…

Evilchild2: Hehe…. Cliffhangers are evil, aren't they? Well…I continued. Hope you like it.

Shaman of stars: O.o don't die… I finished it…

Beta 4 Hire: O.o * runs and tries to avoid getting hit by the frying pan* I updated! I updated!! ^_~

Black Mirror: XD I continued…look… * puts you back in front of computer screen*

absolute tai lover: Look…Tai's okay… ^__^

Kurochan: Heh.. I continued…

Raku Ozzarian princess: Heh… thanks. I finished it. I hope you like it. ^__^

Jessica: I updated. I hope you like it. ^__^

Sillie: There… ^__^

* Taichi and Yamato have snuggled together in a corner*

Sillie: Aww… cute! Well…. I better let those two alone… See you all later! *waves *