Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Soccer Freak ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Sillie: Look! I updated! ^__^

Taichi: Oh joy…

Sillie : Oh, shut up you…

Yama: *roles eyes*

Sillie: I want to thank the people who reviewed: Anime Writer2, kaizer-sama, Lar-lar, I luv Yugi and Daisuke so :p, nEo-cHaN, Sanura-sama, Lil Yaten Fae, SillyJilly, Lady Kamiya, evilchild2, Redvind, PrinsessSwifty, Moonlit Eyes, takuya, Raku Ozzarian Princess, TLForever, Beta 4 Hire, Tinanit Enozym and Celestial Exalted. You guys are great!

Taichi: Oh man… how long is it gonna take before you're finished??

Sillie: Hmm… I think one more chapter after this one…

Taichi: *sighs in relieve*

Yama: *grins*

Sillie: I hope I did it right this chapter… I don't know much about soccer, so… anyway, Taichi, do your job.

Taichi: Right… disclaimer… *coughs* Sillie doesn't own Digimon or it's characters.

Sillie: Thank you Tai.

Soccer Freak (chapter 6)

It was the day of the game, and Matt was nervous. He was glad that he had the same lessons as Tai today, so he could keep a close eye on him. He still had a feeling that something would happen, so he didn't let Tai out of his sight.

The whole day they where held up by students who wanted to wish Tai luck. The team they had to play against was the same as last year. It had been an exciting game then, because they where equally matched. They had won, because Tai had scored in the last minute.

Matt looked at his side, where Tai was sitting. Matt sighed. Tai was zoning out again. Luckily, the teachers didn't mind that much. They all thought Tai was nervous about the game.

What worried Matt was that they where right… Tai WAS nervous. You could see it. He was really quiet, biting his nails… Matt sighed again. Tai was never nervous before a game… He could remember last year's game…

~~1 year back~~

Tai and Matt where walking through the hall. They where being greeted by nervous students and teachers. Today was a big day. It was the day of the championship game. Matt had to admit he was pretty nervous too.

He glanced at his side, where Tai was bouncing along. He was smiling and waving merrily at everyone, not a trace of nervousness surrounding him.

"Taichi… how do you do it?" Tai frowned and looked at him. "Do what?" Matt gestured with his hand at him. "That! Being so… not nervous…" Tai grinned at him. "You mean about tonight?" Matt nodded.

"Why should I be nervous? We're going to play a game tonight, and you can win or loose. If we win, we can be really happy. If we loose… well, that would stink. But then we'll have to try harder next year. All we can do is our best, right? Better have some fun while doing it…"

Matt blinked. He hadn't looked at it that way… Slowly, a grin crept on his face, and he poked Tai in the arm. "Well, you can have fun, but you better win tonight!" Tai laughed. "Of course we will. I'll make sure of that."

Matt smiled at him, and then they walked towards the classroom for their last lesson of the day…

~~ End flashback~~

Matt smiled at the memory. He looked back at Tai, and poked him in the arm. Tai blinked a few times, then he turned and smiled sheepishly at him. Matt smiled back, and then turned his attention back to the teacher.

~*~

After school they walked home together. When they walked past the park, Matt made a decision. He grabbed Tai's arm, and dragged him behind the bushes. Then he pushed Tai up against a tree, and stared into his beautiful brown orbs.

Tai blinked. "Yama…what are you doing?" Matt reached up, and stroked some hair out of Tai's face. He didn't answer his question, but asked one of his own. "Why are you nervous?"

Tai looked away. "I'm not nervous." Matt snorted. "Yeah… And I'm the queen…" Matt sighed. "Taichi…look at me." Slowly, Tai turned his head, and stared at him. Matt reached up, and placed his hand on Tai's cheek, stroking the skin under Tai's eye with his thumb. Tai leaned into the caress and Matt smiled.

"I'm worried about you…" He said softly, "You're never nervous before a game, and don't tell me you aren't nervous now…" Tai closed his eyes in defeat and nodded. "Is it because of your dad?" Again, Tai nodded.

"I… I'm afraid of what he'll do if we loose…" Tai whispered. "You are not gonna loose!" Tai opened his eyes at the determination in Matt's voice. "You're a great soccer player, and a great captain. I believe in you Taichi, and so does your team… Don't let your dad take away the fun you have on the field…"

Matt was desperate. He wanted Tai to be happy. He hated to see Tai being anything than the happy-go-lucky person that he normally was.

Slowly, a smile crept on Tai's face, and Matt felt relieved. "You're right Yama. We're going to whoop some ass tonight!" Matt grinned and pulled Tai into a hug.

"Exactly…" He said softly, "..that's the Taichi I know…" Tai hugged him back, and whispered. "Thanks Yama… I needed that…" Matt leaned back, and claimed Tai's lips, kissing him slowly. When they parted he leaned his forehead against Tai's.

"Just…just be careful, alright?" Tai smiled. "I will… I have to go now. Thanks again Yama." Matt stepped back from the tree and smiled. "Good luck tonight. I'll be on the first row to cheer you on."

Tai grinned. "Cool!" Then he waved. "See you tonight!" And then he was off.

~*~

When Tai got home, he went straight to his room. He didn't want to face his dad just yet. He still felt really tired. He let himself fall on the bed. He knew Matt was right… he shouldn't feel so nervous. His team needed him, and if they saw that even he was nervous…

No, that wasn't an option. His team needed him, so he would be strong…

Suddenly, the door of his room opened, and he heard the hesitant voice of his sister. "Taichi? Can I come in?" He turned his head in her direction and smiled at her. "Of course…"

She smiled back, and closed the door. Then she walked to the bed, and sat next to him. It stayed silent for a while, then Kari sighed. "What's going on Taichi… why won't you talk to me anymore? Don't you trust me?"

Tai's eyes widened and he stared at Kari. "No! Of course I trust you! It's just…" He swallowed, and turned his eyes to the ceiling. "Just what? Please Tai… I miss you…" Tai sighed and closed his eyes. Then he smiled. "You know… I have something to tell you… I wanted to tell you before, but something….came up…"

He opened his eyes again and looked at her. Kari was watching him, silently urging him to go on. "Yama and I… I told him how I felt… He felt the same…" Kari's face lit up in a brilliant smile. "Tai! That's wonderful!" She let herself fall on the bed, and reached over to hug him.

He hugged back, and smiled. Then he let go of her, and glanced at the clock. "Ah… I better get ready.. Dad will be waiting." He glanced at Kari. "You're coming to right?" Kari smiled, and poked him. "Of course, silly… Now get ready. I'll tell dad you're ready in a minute."

She got up and walked to the door. "Thanks Kar…" She waved her hand, and then disappeared through the door.

Tai sighed, and got of his bed. Only to sit down again as a wave of dizziness overwhelmed him. "Whoa… I stood up to quickly…" He shook his head, and stood again. Then he grabbed his sports bag, and bounded out the door too.

~*~

All the digidestened where sitting together, on the front row behind one of the goals. "This is so exciting!" Mimi squealed. The others nodded in agreement, and Davis waved with a flag in the colours of Tai's team.

Matt smiled, and turned to stare at the field. "He 'mato…" It was T.K. "…why are you so silent? Something the matter?" Matt shook his head. "No… nothing is wrong… I'm just nervous you know?" T.K. nodded, and smiled. Suddenly, Davis started to cheer. "There they are! " Matt smiled when he spotted Tai. He didn't look nervous anymore, and Matt was glad. He settled down in the hard plastic chair, and never let Tai out of his sight.

~*~

As soon as Tai entered the field, his nervousness vanished into thin air. He smiled when he saw Matt on the first row, and waved at him. He could feel the excitement rushing trough the air, and it made him feel alive.

He turned to his team, and gave them his famous Taichi- grin. "Okay guys… We're gonna whoop some ass! We won last year, and we'll win this year too! Okay?" All team members cheered, and Tai grinned again.

As soon as the game started, it was clear the teams where still equally matched. There where a lot of opportunity's for both teams, but to the horror of the Digidestened, the opposite team scored.

You could tell Tai's team felt extremely unsure after the goal, and the other team almost scored again. Tai had never been so relieved to hear the whistle for half time. The team entered the dressing room in silence. Tai's grin was long gone. He was actually kind of mad…

"What's wrong with you guys?" He muttered. "Coach won't be happy when he gets here…" One of Tai's teammates looked up. "It's no use… It's just as hard as last year… And they've scored once already…"

Tai couldn't believe his ears. "So you just give up? " He shook his head. "No member on my team is gonna give up… This is just a reason to work even harder! You'll just have to give it your very best. I came here to win, and I'm going too… You with me?"

Slowly, Tai's teammates nodded, and a small smile appeared on Tai's face. He whirled around when he heard someone clap his hands.

"That was an impressive speech Taichi…" Coach walked in, and Tai blushed. "Thanks…" Coach smiled at him, and then turned to the team…

~*~

The change in attitude was noticeable right away. It took the other team off guard, and within 15 minutes, the score had evened out again, as one of Tai's teammates scored. Tai cheered and pumped a fist in the air.

Then he stumbled a bit as a wave of dizziness overwhelmed him. He squeezed his eyes shut, and when he opened them again, it was gone. He shrugged, and threw himself into the game again.

By now, the other team had recovered from the change, and little chances where given away by both teams. Tai gave everything he had. He had to score…

Then, in the last minute of the game, Tai saw his opportunity. There was a small hole in their defence. Tai had a weird sense of déjà vu, as it was almost similar to last year. Although this time, the defenders saw way to late what was happening, and they could only watch as Tai kicked the ball with all his might.

The ball soared through the air, and went straight for the goal. The goalie never had a change, as the ball soared passed him, and connected with the net. A great roar of noise emitted from the fans, and got even louder as they heard the whistle, which told them the game had ended.

Tai felt really relieved when he heard the whistle, and all the tension he had felt for weeks drained from his system. Suddenly, he felt extremely tired and drained.

He blinked, and watched as his team members rushed up to him to congratulate him. He wanted to walk up to them, but it felt like someone had glued his feet to the floor. Again, a wave of dizziness overwhelmed him, but this time it wouldn't go away. He saw the grass rush up to him, and he heard someone scream his name.

Then everything turned black….

~*~

T.B.C.

Yama: O.o

Taichi: o.O

Sillie : *runs*