Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Souls ❯ Activation ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

To some, we all have souls. They believe that humans, being intelligent creatures, have something inside us that determines are final fate when we die. They also believe, however, that un-intelligent creatures, like dogs, cats, birds, have no soul. They also believe the same thing about artificial creatures like robots. However, with the development of artificial intelligence, does this mean that robots now have a soul? Its intelligent right? Well, if a robot has an artificial IQ, can't it too have a soul?

**************************************************************** ********

Inside of the Robitictech, two technicians were working quickly on a new robot made for their customer, a Tai Kaymia. However, there is a storm outside, and they are working against the wishes of the other co-workers.

"Hair, red. Eyes, brown. Height, 5' 7''. Skin tone, tan." One technician said.

"So, what's this one supposed to be?" The other asked.

"A multi-tasker." The first one said.

"Another one?" The second said. "They're getting very popular."

"What do you expect? Ever since the first AI robot was created, people have been ordering robots to do different things until they came out with a robot that can do everything. Plus, these things have their own power supply, so they don't need recharging like most of the robots out there." The first said. Just then, the two heard thunder. "We better hurry before something bad happens.

But it was too late. The most unlikely of all things had happen as a lightning bolt crashed through the window and struck the bot.

"What the hell?!" The second tech yelled.

"What's even more unbelievable is that there's no damage that anyone can see." The first one yelled.

"And only minor damage on the insides, nothing important." The second tech said.

"We should tell someone." The first one said, then they noticed the time.

"Its too late. We have a deadline to keep." The second one said. "Besides, what's the worst that can happen?" However, no body was prepared for what would happen.

**************************************************************** ********

A few days later, Tai Kaymia, a tan skinned 23-year-old man, with spiked brown hair, black eyes, and goggles is walking with his best friend, a 26-year-old, light skin blonde named Yamato "Matt" Ishida.

"So bud, when are you going to get that robot?" Matt asked.

"Today." Tai said. "Even thought of a name."

"Cool. What's it going to be?" Matt asked.

"Sora." Tai said.

"Nice name." Matt said.

"Wait until you see what she looks like. Perfect face, gorgeous body, and looks to die for." Tai said. Just then, they saw two more friends. One wearing goggles like Tai's, only shaded, with a red oriental shirt with black sleeves and gold circles, and dark brown kakis.

"John, hey." Tai said.

"Hey Tai, yo Matt. Anything new?" John asked.

"I'm getting my multi-tasker today." Tai said.

"Congrates dude." John said. "Maybe its at the apartment right now. So, how's Cathrine?" Tai then grumbled. "Wrong question?" John asked.

"All she wants me to do is get her stuff, and who what she wants." Tai said. "I love her, but I'm starting to think she doesn't love me, I'm even starting to think she might be using me. The one thing that I don't get about her is that she doesn't laugh at my jokes."

"Maybe she's a soulless…" Matt started to say.

"Don't go there Yamato." Tai said.

"Matt has a point Tai. They say that `Laughter is a window to the soul.'" John said. The three of them then laughed at John's little joke.

**************************************************************** ********

At Tai's apartment, they found the deliveryman there waiting and Tai signed for the crate that was in his front door. After the three friends carried it in, Tai opened the crate and saw a beautiful read headed woman with tanned skin, dressed in a green school fuku.

"A fuku?" Matt asked.


"Kinda kinky, isn't it?" John said.

"Guys, that was the only outfit they had for her. I'll get her a new one." Tai said.

"Not even activated, and you're addressing the robot as a human already." Matt said.

"Nothing wrong with that." Tai said.

"Oh, I agree, but I'm just saying… I don't know what I'm saying." Matt said.

"That's not surprising." John said. The three then laughed and then Tai got the instructions.

"It says here just to type in the name and then press activate." Tai read. Then, he typed S-O-R-A, and pushed activate. Then… nothing happened.

"What the…?" Tai asked.

"Says it takes 5 to 10 minutes to warm up." John read. "You're going to have to wait. But I can't. I got to go. Davis'll get mad if I'm late getting to my cart again." John said.

"Why doesn't he get a multi-tasker?" Matt asked.

"He prefers the human touch." John said. "See ya." He said as he left.

"I got to go too Tai. The band needs me. Good luck with the bot babe. Bye." Matt said as he left.

"Looks like it's just you and me." Tai said. The bot however, was still silent. "Right. 4-9 minutes to go."

**************************************************************** ********

A few minutes later, Tai was watching a TV show that he really wasn't getting into. It was a show about a boy and a little yellow rat traveling the countryside.

"Oh god, not the bad guy speech again." Tai said. "I think the writer was drunk when he wrote it." He then heard someone laugh. "Huh? Who's there?" Tai said.

"I did." The voice said. Tai turned around and saw Sora was activated.

`That's weird. These units aren't supposed to laugh.' Tai thought. `Probably my imagination.'

"Who are you?" Tai said.

"Sora. A multi-task bot designed to serve Tai Kaymia when ever he needs me." Sora said.

"Very good." Tai said. Tai then heard his stomach growled. "Uh, Sora… could you please make me a pepperoni pizza?" Tai asked.

"Okay." Sora said as she got to work.

`Well so far, so good.' Tai thought. `I still can't get the laughter out of my head. Was that really Sora that I heard?'

**************************************************************** ********

Sometime later, Tai finished the pizza and had a big smile on his face.

"That was the best pizza I ever had." Tai said.

"I'm glad you liked it Tai." Sora said with a smile, witch caused Tai to be shocked.

`What?! Wait a minute… they're not supposed to be happy or glad about anything.' Tai thought.

"You're… glad…?" Tai asked shocked.

"Yes. Is that a problem?" Sora asked.

"Uh… no. Not at all." Tai said. "I got to get some sleep right now Sora. See you in the morning." Tai said as he left the room.

"Good night Tai." Sora said.