Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Summer Camp of Love ❯ Welcome to camp ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
Kari was dreaming one of those mushy fantasies where she was in a boat on a beautiful lake, wearing a white gown and holding a parasol. The guy who was rowing the boat, his face-- for that his whole head area wasn't seen as he rowed the boat while admiring Kari, and saying how much he loved her.
 
“There is no word that describes what you mean to me, Hikari.” he would say in a handsome, low voice. “I would have to invent a word, and then even it would not explain you.”
 
Kari would feel her heart beginning to race, and then… the couple would lean in for a kiss… when Kari woke up! “Huh…?” she would gasp softly. Then she would sigh and lay back down softly.
 
Gatomon opened one eye from her basket, and deduced Kari was dreaming about him again. “She can do so much better.” she thought to herself, “But who am I to judge.”
 
 
The next morning… the families and friends around the way gathered at the bus-station, bid their final goodbyes for the next few weeks, and then hopped on the bus bound for Camp Ai-Tsuki. The Digimon were sad to see their partners go off like that, but it was defiantly something everyone could good with… after all… there were times in which child was separated from Digimon, or vice-versa.
 
Besides… Veemon had a little plan up his sleeve for his own summer bash...
 
 
Meanwhile, on the bus… Davis was looking for a place to sit, and found it amazing that pretty much every pair in a seat was boy and girl. Then suddenly, “Davis…?” Kari asked. “You can sit next to me if you want.”
 
Davis blinked once, “Uh… sure… thanks.” he said as he said down next to her.
 
On the way to camp, Kari was amazed to see that some couples were starting to get along already. TK was sitting next to a blonde girl who lived just across buildings from him. She was real pretty. Her hair was long and wavy, and her smile almost warmed the air around her. “You're one of those Digi Destined aren't you?” she asked.
 
TK did his best not to blush, “Yeah… I'm TK. Who are you?”
 
“My name's Mina… Mina Tanaka.”
 
“Mina…? That's kind of pretty.”
 
Even Cody was starting seemingly to like the girl sitting next to him. Hotomi Katsuriki. They were both surprised to find that they were both reading the same textbooks on kendo, and they both seemed to have to the same attitude-- stubbornness.
 
Davis couldn't believe it. “You've got to be kidding Me.” he muttered. Kari herself could hardly believe it, and they hadn't even reached camp yet. She yawned softly, “You sleepy…?” Davis asked.
 
Kari nodded a bit, “I couldn't sleep well, and I kept having weird dreams of…”she paused, “…Never mind.”
 
Davis wasn't sure what she was talking about, but he decided to stretch out and get a little nap himself. It even helped that he had long since controlled his snoring and slept peacefully. Kari couldn't help but gaze at him softly and smile…
 
…noticed by Yolei.
 
“Yolei… don't peek.” Ken whispered. His girlfriend couldn't help it. “I was hoping she'd tell him here.” she said.
 
...
 
A while later the bus pulled into a beautiful landsite. Lushing green grass surrounded by small forests, hills, and a small lake. The view was practically breathtaking already…
 
Davis gently shook Kari awake, “Hey… wake up, Princess.” He teased. “We're here.” Kari rubbed her eyes, and was almost swept off her feet by the sight of the landscape. “Wow…!” was all she could say.
 
One by one, the campers all exited the bus with their luggage, where the head counselors, a young married couple was there to meet them. “Hi… how are ya? I'm Junta, and this is my wife Ami. Welcome to Camp Ai-Tsuki.”
 
All the campers stood in one big group, and Ami noticed the potential couples already and gave the lecture that that was what the camp was well renowned for. “There hasn't been a single year that at least a few campers walk out of here as couples, but it's not our job to force you into it or anything like that.”
 
Her husband agreed. “It's our job here to give you all a first few weeks of summer you won't forget. Anything you guys want, we got. Anything you want to do… do it. Dig what I'm sayin'?”
 
The campers all cheered, but we're well aware that Junta didn't mean they literally had everything, and the campers were really allowed to do anything they wanted. The Counselors went over the basic rules and then assigned everyone to their bunks…
 
Four large cabins were on opposite sides of the grounds from each other, girls on one side, guys on the other. A white line was marked as a boundary point, but pretty much only in the cabin areas. Other than that, the entire camp was all theirs. During free hours, the campers would be allowed to go anywhere they wanted, do whatever the camp had to offer… but kept well in mind to keep an eye on the camp schedule for events and special days for special activities. “Including our ball-room night. One of our most fun, and exquisite events.” Ami said. “I look forward to it myself.”
 
Apart from all this, and counselors would be assigned to watch over most things, there was one rule that everyone was to be aware of. There was an old run down cabin on the grounds near the entrance to the woods, The Forbidden Bunk it was called… and exactly for that reason--no entry. “Well… that's all.” Junta said, “Why don't you all unpack and get yourselves ready. Welcoming campfire's at 20:00 hours.”
 
Some of the campers were confused…
 
…”That means… 8 pm. Shesh… some people.”
 
Girl counselors were in charge of the boys, and guys for the girls. The bunk councilor was an eighteen year-old girl named Chloe. She had black hair, and some of the boys thought she was cute, but Chloe took a shine to one boy who wasn't even looking at her… a boy whom she knew very well, and had dreamt of meeting…
 
…Davis!
 
She got her first chance to meet him when all the other boys dashed out of the bunk and headed out for some fun, and Davis was still unloading his luggage, and his favorite soccer-ball rolled out and bounced along the floor, “Ah, man!”
 
The ball rolled by Chloe and she kicked it up and over, for she had mad soccer skills too. Davis was impressed, especially when she flawlessly kicked the ball up to his bunk and it landed in his suitcase. “Whoa…!” was all he could say. Chloe winked at him and walked out of the cabin, “I think he likes Me.” she said to herself.