Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Summer Camp of Love ❯ First day ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER THREE
 
It was pretty hot in the afternoon, so everyone decided to swim in the lake. “Cannonball…!”
 
The water was perfect, not too cool either as it was said to be specially insulated from deep, deep under the ground for comfortable swimming temperatures. Some of the kids were even having splash fights, but what some of the guys liked most of all was when the girls came out in their hot swimsuits. Some even made whistling sounds to admire the girls in their looks, which really flattered them.
 
Some of the campers got a laugh when Cody wouldn't jump off one of the diving boards and into the water. “Come on, Cody. You can do it.” TK called to him, but typical Cody, even all the times he spent in Submariemon, was still not fond of swimming. “Uh… I don't so.” Cody whimpered.
 
“Cody, there's nothing to be afraid of. The water's not going to hurt you.” said Ken. Cody wasn't dumb, he knew that… but it was water, and you could drown in it. “Look I really don't think I'm ready for this yet.”
 
Cody was so flipped out he didn't notice that Davis was sneaking up behind the diving board and gave it one heck of a flick. Cody began to jiggle about, “Whoa-oa-oa-oa-oa…! Davis, No!” cried Cody, but Davis flicked the board and again, and Cody fell right off and into the water. A lot of the other campers laughed at Cody.
 
Despite the fact that Cody was alright, he was feeling very annoyed as he just stood there with half his face poking up through the water and blowing bubbles before him. Davis jumped into the water with him. “Nothing like getting a little wet, eh Cody?” he asked, but his response was Cody playfully spouting up to spit water in his face, causing the four boys to engage in a splash fight. This was interrupted; however, When Kari and Yolei came out for all to see. Yolei looked like a really hot babe without her glasses or bandana on as the breeze slowly blew her hair around, and her black shiny swimsuit hugged her body.
 
She gracefully walked into the water, and overheard a lot of guys thinking how cute she was, but to their disappointment, “Sorry, Boys… I'm taken.”
 
Kari looked pretty smooth too; Davis eyed her the longest out of any of the guys. “Whoa…!” He eyed Kari without even blinking, not even when she climbed on the diving board and executed an elegant swan-dive.
 
He didn't move as he was enraptured by those feelings dwelling inside him. The boys waved their hands by his face and snapped him out of it. “Whoa! I was… really far away.” He sighed.
 
“I'll say you were.” said Ken. “What's up?”
 
Davis shook himself awake, “Ah… it's nothing, really.”
 
Yolei saw the whole thing, and she didn't need anymore evidence. Davis was still into Kari for sure. She swam over to the gang hoping to help the two of them realize that, but as soon as she got near the dinner-bell rang. The campers practically stampeded past her. Despite that no one ran into her, Yolei still felt dizzy, “Uhn…!” and she fell backwards into the water.
 
 
For a welcome to camp dinner, it was an all-you-could-eat buffet. Yolei practically was gorging down the food. “Wow! Someone's recovered fast.” Cody said hinting that Yolei had nearly been trampled on by all the campers.
 
Yolei had already finished three complete dishes while the other had barely finished half of their firsts. “Remind me never to invite her over to dinner.” Davis whispered to the others.
 
TK nodded in agreement, but then he gazed over at a lineup by the dessert-bar, and noticed Mina, the girl he met on the bus. She looked disappointed because there was no cheesecake left. TK then gazed down at the slice of cake that was on his plate which he grabbed in advance, and excused himself from his friends.
 
The others saw what he was doing as they watched him offer Mina his piece of cake, to which she accepted warmly and invited TK to sit with her, to which he did. “Gee… TK's really starting to get attached to that girl.” Ken said.
 
Cody and Yolei agreed, but Davis wasn't exactly enlightened, “Please! It's not like anyone else would've given her their piece of cake.”
 
The others then gazed at him with horrid expressions, “Davis how can you say that? That was a nice thing TK just did.” Yolei said. Davis was aware and had nothing against it, but he was still in upholding his opinion about the whole camp and couples thing. “I'm telling you, this camp had nothing to do with it.”
 
The others were about to argue when that girl, Hitomi came along. “Hi, Cody.” She said.
 
“Ho, Hitomi.” He answered back. She had come to tell Cody that she had brought her Kendo gear to camp and was intending to do a little practicing, but she thought it would be much cooler to have someone to spar with. “And… I was… sort of hoping that… well… would you like to come with me.”
 
Cody blushed softly, but he agreed to go. Hitomi smiled and wrote down the location where she would be. Yolei and Ken hooted softly and playfully at Cody. “Look who's got a girlfriend.” Yolei teased.
 
“Hey… it's not like that.” Cody said trying not to sound embarrassed. Davis said nothing but just folded his arms and slumped back in his seat wondering, “Is everyone at this camp crazy except for me?”
 
 
Dinner ended soon, and the campfire was out and instead of traditional marshmallow roasting and camp songs. There were several fire-pits and campers were allowed to sit around or get up and get to know other people.
 
Kari was sitting alone while other campers seemed to have fun, and through the flares she could see Davis sitting by himself way over by another fire pit with his back facing her. She was thinking about getting up and asking to sit next to him, but just as she was getting ready to get up, Chloe got there first.
 
Kari slumped back down and sighed hard.
 
Chloe and Davis laughed, possibly at a joke one of them told. “So, um… Davis… do you, like… ya know… have a girlfriend or something?”
 
“Huh?” Davis winced, and then he answered, “N-- No… I don't. I never have. Why do you ask?”
 
Chloe giggled and playfully yet roughly hit him in the shoulder, “Ow!” groaned Davis. Chloe was pleased, “He's single! He's really single!” she thought giddily.
 
Bedtime of the first day approached fast, and Davis needed the rest. “Some first day this turned out to be.” he thought quietly to himself. “That girl Chloe's got something on her mind, and I don't like it one bit. Sure… she's pretty cute, but not my type at all if that's what she's thinking.”
 
He rolled over, “Come to think of it… I don't know who my type is. Well… maybe there is one person.”
 
 
In the girls' cabin across the way, Kari was sleeping very peacefully.