Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Summer Camp of Love ❯ The cavern ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
Davis landed on a loft of hay in what appeared to be an underground cavern. He brushed the dirt from his hair, and realized there was no way back up. It was no wonder they called the bunk forbidden….!
 
Davis wondered what this place was, and why would it be under a camp?
 
Suddenly he saw foot prints in the dirt, he recognized the shoe pattern anywhere, and right at the start of the trail was a hairclip. “Kari!” he cried softly. He found where she had vanished too and had to be somewhere in the cave, but… exactly where?
 
Being brave and bold as usual, Davis trekked through the cave. The walls dripped with water and there were rats too. “Yuck…!” The rats didn't really give him any trouble though, but as he continued to go forth, he came to an area with four tunnels, and Kari's footprints had stopped…
 
“Which way now…?”
 
Davis didn't even bother to stop and think. Kari needed him now and the best way to find her was to pick a path. He tried the tunnel on the far right, but he found himself right back in the room with four pathways. “Huh?”
 
He tried the one on the far left, and ended up in the same room again, and again with the other two. “What's going on here…?”
 
He tried all the paths again, but still no success. He was hot and sweaty when he came back after several tries. “What kind of cavern is this?”
 
Then, he sat down to lean up against the wall in-between the two middle tunnels, and he fell right through. “WHOA…! …OW!” he fell through one of those scenery's painted to look like a cave wall revealing the true way to go.
 
Davis felt like a complete idiot, but he was grateful that there was no one watching him.
 
As he trekked down the tunnel it grew darker and darker. So dark… that it was hard to see even with his D3 light. “Man… I can barely see where I'm going.”
 
Suddenly he got that strange feeling… the feeling you get when you feel that something isn't right…!
 
Suddenly, the whole chamber lit up with fiery torches, and Davis saw many wholes in the walls the size of soccer-balls, and Davis could feel the place rumbling, “Uh-Oh!”
 
POW!
 
POW!
 
Round small boulders began to pop out from the holes like cannonballs. “Whoa!” Davis rolled and dodged out of the way like the skilled soccer player he was. Then suddenly he grabbed an ordinary rock the same size as the boulders and jammed it into one of the holes, causing whatever it was to shoot the rocks at him to blow out. “Goal…!” Davis cheered, and then he proceeded through the rest of the cave.
 
As he raced down the tunnel, his foot sagged on a kind of floor-switch. “Now what…?” He got his answer as a large boulder appeared and was rolling right for him. “YIKES!” and he dashed as fast as his legs could carry him, but the boulder was gaining on him, and suddenly there was a huge chasm in front of Davis. “AH, COME ON!” he shouted, but he had to think fast, the boulder was gaining on him. That's when he notices the vines all over the alcove he had come through. “That's it!”
 
Working fast, he grabbed all the vines and managed to tie them tight enough in a net around the alcove, and when the boulder slammed into it, it stopped dead in its tracks and didn't go any further. He sighed in relief, and then he noticed… there was ladder that led down into the chasm, and he could see a small light down below. Both of which he hadn't noticed before.
 
He climbed down, and followed the light… and at the end of the tunnel, he emerged in what had to be a cozy, comforting bedroom? It was a little being in a first class hotel, and it had all the usual things… There was a huge bed, wall to wall carpeting, a refrigerator, a fireplace, and even a hot tub.
 
Davis could barley believe it, and then he noticed something on one of the pillows of the bed, a hair clip. There was no mistaking it anywhere, “Kari!” She had to be here. “KARI…?” he called.
 
Suddenly he heard a door slam, and in walked a person in black clothing. She pulled her mask off, “Chloe? What are you doing here?”
 
Chloe fluttered her eyes and gave him a sinister grin, “Funny… I should ask you the same.” She said in a flirting voice as she slowly moved towards him, “Weren't you told to stay out of the forbidden bunk?”
 
Davis didn't care, “Where's Kari?” he demanded, “You better answer me!”
 
Chloe giggled, almost wickedly, “You can do so much better than her…” she said. Davis knew was she was getting into. “I mean it, Chloe… I'm already pissed! If you think I'm just going to forget Kari and leave her for you, you're crazy.”
 
 
Chloe only got more giddy than ever, “Ooh… I you look cute when you're angry.” she said seductively, and she tackled Davis so he fell on the bed. Chloe leapt on top of him
 
and licked and licked her lips. “Ooh… I bet you taste as good as you smell.”
 
Davis did all he could to stop her from kissing him. He even caught her head and pushed it back with all he had in him. “Chloe…! Stop it!” he growled. “Listen to me! I don't even know you… and I'm not interested…!”
 
“… I JUST WANT KARI!!!”
 
Chloe finally stopped, and she looked as if a knife had slashed her right down the middle. She sat down on the end of the bed. Davis got up. “I'm sorry if I upset you, but--”
 
“I'm not upset.” Chloe said. Then she turned to face him and was smiling! “I'm proud of you, Davis. You passed.”
 
“Huh?” Davis blinked twice.
 
That's when Kari came out from under the bed. “Kari?!” Davis gasped. Kari smiled at him and then tackled him to the bed and kissed him hard yet passionately. Davis really wanted some answers now, but Chloe decided to let Kari have a little fun with Davis, and she and the rest of the camp would explain, “… at the ball tonight.”
 
Then she left through a door which turned out to be a secret passage to the surface, which Davis could've taken the whole time. “Kari… what's going on.” Davis asked again.
 
Kari summed it all up that it was a test for Davis and her, and it worked. It proved that Davis loved her, “…Just like how I love you.”
 
Davis heart began to race. She said the magic words he had longed to hear her say. He didn't say a word but just wrapped his arms round her and pulled her down toward him, and they kissed again…!
 
Finally… they had become a couple!