Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Summer Camp of Love ❯ Admit it ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
Davis woke up the next morning with an extreme headache. “Ohh…!” he groaned. Then he suddenly realized maybe he was just dreaming, and that Kari really wasn't gone after all. However, at breakfast Kari was still nowhere to be seen, and would you believe it…
 
…the rest of the gang was now denying that Kari was in danger. If anything they were acting as if everything was okay when only last night they were in as much a panic as Davis was.
 
Davis was so frustrated that he pounded the table which caused everyone to look at him in shock. “I can't believe you people!” and he stormed off to go look for Kari again. “Davis…?” TK called but he was already out the door.
 
The campers features' suddenly changed to sinister and they continued through breakfast.
 
 
Davis searched the camp inch by inch. “Ah, man… if anything happens to her, I'll never forgive myself.” he groaned. “I've got to find her.”
 
“Kari..?”
 
“Kari, where are you?”
 
He even stood at the top of the hill and shouted as loud as he could…!
 
“KARI---!!” he voice echoed across the grounds, but he still got no response. Finally he was starting to lose hope, and confidence. “Man! This can't be real.” He sighed hard as he rested up against a tree. “I didn't even get to tell her…”
 
For the next couple of days Davis seemed really bummed, and he didn't feel like participating in most of the activities. He didn't even write any postcards home, because what was he to say… that he was feeling in the dumps because of a girl?
 
What was really eating him up was the annual Ballroom night was the tomorrow-night, and he was practically the only camper without a date, and now it was really starting to get to him.
 
The others could see he was feeling bummed and tried to cheer him up over his worry over nothing, but Davis didn't trust anyone. Kari was missing, and everyone acted like she never even came to camp. “I think I'll just sit the ball-night out.” He said.
 
“You're not serious are you?” asked Yolei with concern, but that look in Davis' eyes told her and the others, “Yep… he's serious.” stated Ken.
 
Davis explained that he just couldn't go. It was more than just not having a date, but the fact that he could never have fun not knowing where Kari was and if she was okay. “I need a soda.”
 
The others watched him go, and then they had those same sinister smiles on their faces again.
 
As Davis lay on his bunk all day sipping his soda, he still tried to deduce where Kari could've run off to. What was he missing? He had checked possibly every single place he knew on the camp. Then suddenly… he had an idea…
 
“… Instead of searching places I wouldn't think to look. Why not look in places I'm not supposed to look.” he thought, and there was only one place on the entire camp that fit that category.
 
Davis was planning to head there at once, but he found Chloe at the door to the boys' bunk. “Chloe…?”
 
She smiled and fluttered her lids, and then just handed him a note and ran off, much to Davis' confusion. The note read…
 
Davis…
 
I can't hide it any longer, I am totally crushing on you, but I guess you've known that for a while.
 
I know you're feeling upset, but trust me, give me a chance. I can make you feel a whole lot better. Maybe we can even go to the dance tomorrow.
 
XXX Hopefully your new girlfriend: Chloe.
 
This made Davis angry! VERY ANGRY!! He hardly even knew Chloe, and here she was asking him to run round the bases? Now Davis was more determined than to go for his plan… but not now. Not while all the campers were still awake and the counselors were watching.
 
When the other got concerned about Davis staying indoors on such a beautiful day, they confronted him and saw him going through his belongings, most of which were some of his soccer-pads. “Davis… we need to talk?” TK said.
 
“Not now…”
 
“Yes, now!” snapped Cody.
 
The others tried to calm him down and assure him that he was just acting crazy. “Am I?” Davis snapped. “Well how would you feel if the one you love suddenly--” he stopped and held his hand over his mouth, “…Did I just say that out loud?”
 
The others nodded, and they were glad to finally hear Davis admit that he loved Kari. “Well why wouldn't I be…?” Davis asked rhetorically and he began to see beautiful images or Kari against a sparkling background.
 
“I've never known anyone like her. Sure she's teased me quite a lot… in ways she never should have… but how can I hold a grudge against her.”
 
The images faded, and Davis was twitching and breathing irregularly as a sorrowful, yet angry tear leaked from his eye, proving for anyone who was anyone that he was one-hundred percent in-love with Kari.
 
But when asked what all the stuff he was gathering was for. “I'm going into the forbidden bunk… tonight!”
 
“WHAT…?!”
 
As expected, the others tried to talk him out of it. What would the counselors think? He could get banned from camp. “Davis, think about it…!” cried Ken. “I have!” snapped Davis, “It's the one place I haven't looked, and I'm going. Don't any of you try to stop me… or else!”
 
He looked like a freaky angry demon with such determination in his eyes. To Davis… camp was nothing without Kari. If he got caught, he'd just take it. “I'm doing this for Kari… tonight!”
 
 
The others excused themselves so Davis could be alone, and they all decided to make plans to stay up and watch to make sure he wouldn't be going anywhere, but Davis had lied to them…
 
He was planning to go… just not when they thought.
 
 
All through the night, the boys, and Yolei stayed awake as long as they could, keeping a close eye out for Davis sneaking off, but he never showed up. It was well after midnight and he still wasn't seen. Finally, they all gave up and fell asleep.
 
At the first light of dawn, Davis woke up, and was very much awake. He was planning to head into the bunk now when the others were asleep. He had gotten a goodnight sleep while everyone else had been staying awake all night so they were sleeping like logs… the perfect time for him to sneak out.
 
With his pads, and headband, and his campers gear, not to mention his goggles to top it of, he looked like a pilot on a safari, like his Digital-world costume. Under the darkness of the dawn breaking, Davis headed for the forbidden bunk. “Here goes… he muttered softly as he creaked open the old door and stepped inside.
 
Using his D3 for light, he found there was really nothing inside the bunk but just a mess. Beat old beds, shattered windows, rotting ceiling… and no Kari. “Man, and I thought I couldn't sink any… LOWER---!”
 
The floor opened up beneath him, a trap-door, and he was gone!