Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Tale of the Original DigiDestined ❯ Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

You know the story of the Tai, Matt, Sora, Mimi, Joe, Izzy, TK, Kari, Ken, Davis, Yolei, and Cody. But they were not the first DigiDestined. When Tai, Matt, Sora, Mimi, Joe, Izzy, TK, and Kari returned to the Digital World after defeating VenomMyotismon, they discovered that they were not the first DigiDestined. Here is the story of those 5 brave individuals who fought the forces of Darkness on their own against unbelievable odds.

"Welcome to summer camp!" the counselor tells the 5 children. Well, 4 of them were a bit too old to be called children, but it was tradition.

"You are the smallest group here. All the other cabins are full, but you are mature enough to deal with it," the counselor continues, "for the time being, Mr. Plunk will be in charge when a counselor is not present."

"Me?" the 18 year old American asks, obviously bewildered.

"Yes, you Mr. Plunk," the counselor says, nodding his head, "you're the oldest so that responsibility to you."

"Fine," Jesse grumbles. He hated having leadership responsibility. It wasn't fun, it didn't leave a lot of time for free thinking, and people were always looking to you for answers even when it was obvious you didn't have them.

"Well, now I must be going," the counselor tells them, "have them in bed by 9 pm Jesse."

"Yes sir," Jesse says, giving the counselor a mock salute. After the counselor leaves, Jesse turns to the others. "

Okay, what are your names?" he asks,

"my name is Jesse Plunk, I'm 18 years old, and I'm from Jackson, TN."

"My name is Brian Tangit, I'm 15 and I'm from South Africa," the boy wearing the goggles replies.

"My name is Samantha Cruger, and this is my brother Daniel," the only girl among them says, "I'm 15 and he's 10."

Her little brother could only be described as cute. Samantha herself was rather pretty, but there was a look in her eyes that offset her beauty.

"My name is James Moyiyama," the oriental boy says, "I'm from Japan and I'm 15 years old."

"Well, now that we've all introduced ourselves to each other," Jesse says, "now what should we do?"

"How about go for a swim?" Brian suggests, pointing to the lake.

"Good idea," Jesse says.

As everyone heads for the cabin to change into their swim gear, a strange bright light appears over them. "Hey, whats happening?" Jesse demands.

"Its pretty," Daniel says. The light grows brighter and envelopes the 5 kids.

"Ooooooh shit!" Jesse cries out as the 5 kids disappear.

"Brian, wake up!" a small voice cries out. Brian slowly opens his eyes to see a small creature sitting on his chest.

"Who, no what are you?!" he demands incredulously.

"I'm Mikomon," the creature pipes up cheerfully. Brian looks around.

"I'm definitely not at camp anymore," he grumbles.

"You're in the Digital World!" Mikomon says, still cheerful.

"The Digital World?" Brian asks.

"Yes, and I've been waiting here for you Brian," Mikomon says.

"How do you know my name?" Brian demands.

"Like I said, I've been waiting here for you," Mikomon says, "so of course I would know your name."

"Why have you been waiting here for me?" Brian asks. "I don't know, I just have," Mikomon says in a puzzled voice.

"Hey Brian, you okay?" he hears Jesse call out. "Yeah, I'm okay," Brian yells back, "but there's some strange creature sitting on my chest!"

Brian looks up and sees another strange creature standing next to Jesse, who was standing just a few feet away.

"Hi, I'm Chosenmon," the creature beside Jesse says.

"Come on Brian, we gotta go find the others," Jesse says, offering Brian a hand to help him to his feet.

"You have one of those things following you as well?" Brian asks.

"Yeah," Jesse grumbles, "he says we're in the Digital World. Any clues as to what he's talking about?"

"You're guess is as good as mine," Brian says. They hear a scream.

"Um, I think that was James," Brian says.

"Let's go find out," Jesse says.

The two start running with Mikomon and Chosenmon following close behind them. They soon find James. He is up a tree, clinging to a branch, with a strange creature below him yelling for him to come down.

"Come on down James, I'm not gonna hurt you," the creature calls up to the frightened James. The creature spots them.

"Hi, I'm Lipomon," the creature says with as much a bow as its short legs could muster. Lipomon looks a lot like Motimon (Tentomon's In Training form) only its dark brown. Chosenmon looks a bit like DemiVeemon (Veemon's In Training form), only its silver and blue instead of blue and white. Mikomon looks like a cross between Koromon (Agumon's In Training form) but is brown instead of pinkish-white.

"Come on down James," Jesse yelss, "he's not gonna hurt you."

"Y-You su-sure?" James asks in a shaky voice.

"Yes, I'm sure James," Jesse says, "why would I lie?"

"Mind helping me down?" James asks.

"Sure," Jesse says," Brian, give me a hand here." Brian and Jesse go and shake James out of the tree. James falls with a resounding crash.

"Hey, I said help me down, not kill me!" James cries out, clutching his head. They hear a voice from behind them.

"There you are!" the definitely feminine voice says, "we've been looking all over the place for you!"

They turn around to see Samantha and Daniel, each with a creature beside them.

"Hi, I'm Yokomon," the flower-like creature beside Samantha says in a pleasant female voice.

"And I'm Mokumon," the creature in Daniel's arms says. Mokumon looks like Tokomon (Patamon's In Training form) but has fangs instead of human-like teeth.

"Say, where are we?" James asks.

"You're in the Digital World," Mikomon says, "File Island to be precise."

"File Island?" James asks.

"Yep," Chosenmon says.

"Say, what kind of creatures are you?" James asks.

"We're Digimon, Digital Monsters," the 5 creatures say in unison. Suddenly, the light returns, but this time in the form of 5 tiny specks that settle in the hands of each of the 5 humans. When the light disappears, strange little machine are now in their hands.

"What are these?" Jesse asks, holding the little machine closer to his face for better inspection.

"Those are Digivices," a booming voice says from behind them. They turn to see a giant man with the face and mane of a lion and a sword attached to its belt.

"Its Leomon," Chosenmon says in awe, "an animal type Digimon with great power. His Fist of the Beast King attack destroys his enemies."

"Um, he's not gonna eat us, is he?" Daniel asks, hiding behind his big sister.

"No, child, I am not going to eat you," Leomon says in a friendly voice. Jesse walks up to Leomon and offers him his hand.

"My name is Jesse," he says bravely.

"It is a pleasure to meet you, young DigiDestined," Leomon says, taking the hand and shaking it.

"DigiDestined?" the four younger humans ask.

"Child?" Jesse demands.

"Come with me," Leomon says, "Centarumon will explain everything. I shall protect you along the way." He turns and walks in the direction of the giant mountain.

"Hey, wait for me!" Jesse cries out. The other humans follow him, with the 5 young Digimon close behind them.