Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Alphabet of Despair! ❯ Davis' Depression ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER ONE
 
A few years after Maylo-Myotismon was beaten, and the Digi destined had grown-up a little more…
 
Tai and his gang had all gone to college, and Davis' gang were in their second year of High-school, except for Cody who was still in grade eight. He was still in junior high, but would you believe it… he actually had a girlfriend.
 
Her name was Hitomi, and she was really into kendo, and she also had a bit of sensitivity in her.
 
As for the others, in high-school. Yolei and Ken started dating right when they got home, after Yolei finally admitted her long kept feelings from him. Davis even Joked about the time Yolei wanted to shake his hand just because he had touch Ken's hand.
 
Kari… well she did have a boyfriend at one time, but he moved away to America, and they had to break-up. She wasn't really up to dating anyone new yet as she hadn't decided who.
 
Besides, she and Yolei were on the school student body team, and they were in charge of organizing fun events. Dances, field trips, fundraisers… all that stuff. They sure were busy those days
 
TK was dating, Mina Anio. (The Sailor Venus girl) She was a an incredibly pretty blonde cheerleader TK had a long time crush on, but never had the nerve to ask her out. No one quite remember how it happened, but they were now dating for 6 months and counting, and they really seemed to be getting along well.
 
Yeah, the all seemed to be getting through their days quite well… all except Davis that is.
 
Davis had also been acting very strange lately. For one thing, he wasn't his usual up-right boasting self anymore, he preferred not to attend any of the school dances that Kari, and Yolei's committee had arranged, and he even started to stop coming to regular fun Digi Destined meetings.
 
At times, he would just run off to the Digital world, and not tell anyone where he was going, and why, and he also ignored people's suggestions of how he should get his act together, and gave them a very sad and gloomy expression.
 
Kari and TK even tried to perk Davis up a little. By perking up, they did their little, “Let's make Davis Jealous.” thing again! Even though they weren't even a couple, they still liked to tease Davis a bit… and usually it burned his fuse brightly, and gave him energy…
 
Somehow, even that wasn't helping…
 
After school… Yolei and Ken were going to see Cody at his Grandfather's dojo, and invited TK, Kari and Davis to tag along. They would visit him, and then head off to the Digital world for some more fun…
 
Only, Davis didn't feel like going… “Sorry, I can't… I, uh… got stuff to do.” And so he left in a hurry as if he was trying to get away from the others as fast as he could.
 
“That was weird.” said Yolei.
 
“Yeah… what would Davis have to do that's so important?” TK wondered.
 
 
When Davis got home, all he did was just go to his room and lie down on his bed, he looked as though he was melting away to nothing.
 
“Tough day at shchool, Davish?” Veemon asked.
 
“Plenty.” Davis answered. “Why can't people understand…”
 
Davis was almost 16, and he still never made any attempts to find his own girlfriend. Well… of course he still liked Kari, everyone knew that. even Kari herself.
 
Everyone, claiming to know Davis, just assumed he was probably just being stubborn. Refusing to choose a girl just because he couldn't have Kari… but no, that wasn't it at all, but no one bothered to ask him what was wrong.
 
The truth was, no one was into him at all!
 
Davis, with his old obnoxious attitude, girls had always thought of him as a total loser. A Dork! A geek! All Davis ever seemed to care about was soccer, and doing things his own way… he didn't even get quite the good grades back then.
 
No matter how hard he tried to show it, no one other than the Digi Destined, believed that Davis actually had true inner feelings. That he could be soft, and gentile… and especially kind.
 
Even when he, with his sense of obnoxiousness proved well…
 
When all others backed down, he and Veemon kept going, and eventually they had saved they saved the day. Why if it wasn't for Davis… the whole world would've been destroyed by Malyo-Myotismon.
 
It was his inspiring people to follow their dreams… his courage, his friendship, and miracles that brought victory against the dark forces.
 
… As a result, Davis didn't get much redemption for his actions. Girls still thought him to be a dorky, and obnoxious brat who had to do things his own way, and he even became a popular target for the tough guys making fun of him and saying mean things…
 
“This little runt, saved us all, you got to be kidding?!”
 
“Let's see your powers get you through this, kid!”
 
“Get a life you dweeb.”
 
All those horrible voices, and nasty comments followed Davis in his mind everywhere he went, and to that very day, nothing had been the same for him. All this shakiness was starting to get at him.
 
He felt unloved, unappreciated, unwanted… and most importantly… he felt unhappy.
 
Despite what everyone said or thought of him, he was only human and like all humans, he had feelings too. Feelings that no one seemed to take any notice of. That's why h preferred to be alone.
 
No one gave him a chance, no one intended to give him a chance. So Davis' chances of ever finding someone were somewhere between in his dreams to impossible.
 
Even so… he wasn't so sure he was ready to go for anyone anyways. After all, he still liked Kari, and wished to at least have a little chance with her, but who was he kidding. Kari was just like everyone else to him.
 
Her and her little jealousy pranks with TK only proved to Davis more that she wasn't into him and she never would be. Even though Kari, like the others saw Davis as a friend, he didn't think she was being very friendly with all the teasing and making fun of him. That was just being plain mean! Not that she cared anyways, that was what he thought.
 
“Boy, just once…” he thought to himself. “Just once, I'd like everyone to know just how I feel. Show them, that I can have my soft sides, or show them that I can feel pain too. Yeah… then they'd feel sorry for beating me up like this.”