Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Alphabet of Despair! ❯ The Film Festival ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWO
 
The next day… the student-body committee was hard at work trying to come up with a great idea to hold a big special event for all the students in the school. However, most ideas were dismissed due to the fact that they had already been done, or just not the right thing to do.
 
Teacher's carnival was dismissed, as that was something for the teachers and not the students alone, and it was done last month too to help raise money for upgrades in the school.
 
“We need something… something that the students would want to do, would seem easy, and really worthwhile.” Yolei said. “But what?”
 
Kari didn't have an idea either. “It sure is hard to figure out something great when all the other ideas have been done.” she said.
 
They took a moment to peek at the year book, where most of the pictures were taken by Kari. “So many memories…” she said sweetly.
 
“And they'll last a life time.” added Yolei.
 
There we're all kinds of pictures…
 
One where TK's team had one the school the basketball championship, and another where Davis' team one the soccer trophy. Two of the biggest events in the school's P.E history.
 
There was even a picture of Ken and Yolei sharing their very first Dance since they began dating. They looked so cute, the students just couldn't stop talking about it.
 
“Hmm, mm… I wish we could've video taped it.” Yolei said. “If we had I could've watched it again and again.”
 
Kari giggled. “You know, I bet that video would be worth first prize in a dating clip show or something.” she said. Yolei though the same thing… but then suddenly they both had an idea.
 
“Are you thinking what I'm thinking?”
 
Kari nodded. “This is perfect.”
 
They explained their ideas to the rest of the committee, and then took their idea to the principal, who was more than pleased to approve with the idea.
 
The next day
 
Kari and Yolei were busy putting up posters around the school for the upcoming, “Obadia-High Film Festival.”
 
The students, or whoever wished to enter… they were to make a short film, about five minutes long or so. Then enter it in the contest and receive a special award in creativity, and computer-studies.
 
Most of the gang met at a cafe after school and talked about the festival which would be coming in three weeks time to let the students finish their entries. “What kind of video are you going do, TK?” Kari asked.
 
“I don't know… I've been having a lot of ideas, and I'm trying to weave out the best ones.” he said. “Maybe I could do a documentary on the Digital world.”
 
Everyone thought that was a great idea.
 
Ken and Yolei wanted to try and do a hero scene, whereas Ken, the hero rescues Yolei from certain death and is rewarded romantically.
 
Kari wanted to make a film about her Digimon scrap booklet she'd made over the years with her digital camera. “Maybe I can even add it to your movie, TK.”
 
TK liked that idea. “Maybe we can even get our Digimon to perform a little song and dance number at the end.”
 
“EEE!!” this is going to be so exciting!” cried Yolei. The all shared in with the excitement, but it was broken when they saw an upset Davis, who was drenched from head to toe, stomp in.
 
He slammed his money on the counter at the lady, “Give me a milk… Chocolate… hurry!” he growled. The young-girl moved fast, she knew Davis only ordered those when he was really ticked off.
 
Davis gulped down his milk in a few chugs, and began to feel slightly less miserable. “Davis… what happened to you?” asked Ken.
 
Davis told them, that he was going to his locker, and when he finally got it opened, a huge bucket of water poured all over him, and he was laughed at by girls and their boyfriend who set him up.
 
They called him rude things, and didn't even bother to clean up the mess. So Davis had to clean it up… as Detention for a crime he didn't even commit.
 
“Ouch!”
 
“Ooh!”
 
“Dang!”
 
Davis sighed hard. “I'm just going to go home.” he said and began to walk off.
 
“Oh, hey, Davis?” TK called. “We're all thinking of making Digimon movies for the festival, you want in?”
 
“We can stay at my place and order sick amounts of pizza…” added Yolei.
 
Davis usually jumped at invitations like that, but to today… “Uh… sorry guys, but not tonight, I got a lot of homework to do, but thanks anyways.” then he was gone, leaving the others all confused.
 
“Since when did Davis ever care much about doing homework?” Yolei asked.
 
“Yeah.” added Kari. “From all that I know, Davis never even liked doing school work of any kind. Why, would he start now?”
 
Meanwhile
 
Davis sort of lied to them a little. He didn't really have any homework to do, it was rather a little of his own special project which he stayed up way past his regular bedtime working on.
 
Veemon, all tucked-into his cute little basket on the floor, opened his eyes late that night and saw Davis was still lying awake in bed reading. No, it wasn't a comic book, it was a large book called. “Guide to Piano-playing”
 
He almost had the nerve to ask Davis why he was reading that, but then again… he didn't really want to know, and just went back to sleep, but Davis stood awake learning as much as he could from the book.
 
All the finger movements, all the different key-types, sounds, and steps in playing a piano. He was up to something, but he didn't want anyone to know what he was up to. Especially, not Kari and the others.
 
Eventually, it had gotten a little late for him… so late in fact that he just dropped right off to sleep, letting his book hit the floor. He had done enough work for one night…. but there was still much more he needed to get done.