Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Becoming ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
DIGIMON: The Becoming

By Himitsu the Hunter

Chapter 5: Let the sleeper lay awake and in your bed with fear do quake

~...Floating...~

~...Vast...~

~...A sea of red...~

~...Like an endless tide...~

~...Of Blood...~

Drowning, lonely, the fires taken. Fallen the servant for whom I pray.

The master's tide of broken light reaching endless under oceans of fiery longing.

I beseech thee. FREE ME OF MY BURDENS AND BRING MY SOUL TO THE ENDLESSsssss....







******************* ***********









|REAL WORLD: SOUTHERN QUADRANT|







Startled she awoke, the labored sound of her breath a welcome reprieve from the inhuman cries of the beast in her dream... the screams of a thing more desperate than any could bare... or should bare... but in the end it was just a dream... just another nightmare.

Black lace rustled against silken sheets, and the touch of memory faded ever so slightly into ill birthed imagery born of dream-like horrors... so alien... so strong. Cold sweat dripped from her pale brow and the perfume of fear still clung to her ever thought and motion.

"Alice?" she heard from outside of her own room, her father's voice, "Is every thing alright, sweetheart?"

Her breath was ragged and the sheets soaked with sweat... she must have been screaming in her sleep.

The door creaked open and her father peeked in, "are you alright honey? I heard you screaming from out side." he confirmed her suspicions.

Summoning the will to speak she answered, "I'm fine dad... it was just a dream." a dream, she sighed to herself, and the touch of something... something alien beyond her ken. A touch of cold fearful death. Shaking her head and calming her nerves she slowed her rasping breath and thought of comforting things... Dobermon pressed beside her asleep and protecting her from her world. With that soon she fell back into the world of dreams.







**************************** ************







It was funny how she could feel it, piercing, penetrating into her. The cold chill of death, its gloom befalling her and tearing her soul apart. Like starting over again in the womb she could feel the heat of the night plastered deep across her skin, pressed tight as a wombs fluid to her chest. If she could scream out the waves of agony she would... but at best she could achieve a muted murmur...

"Doctor, the patient continues to exhibit these symptoms... but none of the tests have returned positive for anything... its very strange..." she could hear a voice... far away... ever so very far away.

"This doesn't make any sense at all... her body temperature reads in the 60's; her pulse is going like a Humming-bird... It's as if she's got a thousand little hearts running all at once..." one more adding itself to the cacophony of confusing words and dire sound. It was maddening. With every moment they spent beneath her skin itched and ached, something... something wild... something lurking there... waiting to strike... waiting to be set free.

"Thus far the patient hasn't responded to anything we've done... not even the drugs to put her to sleep," spoke the first voice once more, "I really don't it would be wise to try anything else on her..."

The second voice paused then spoke its reply, "You're right, I really hate to leave her here like this... but it seems that we'll need to see if this will pass," She could hear them walk away closing the door behind in their wake. Dimly she was aware of her body's wild movements, its arms and waist strapped down in her lying position impairing those more erratic motions. But this mattered little, she could no more connect what was happening to her body with her self than she could understand a word of the sounds the two voices talked, her mind fogged over in red haze.

Through out the night the feelings of pressure and heat slowly increased as she tried to claw her skin open with her bound and curved fingers, red bleached her eyes and inhuman wails of anguish and pain uttered from her mentally detached body.

The Harvest drew near.









******************** ***************************









Rika curled her feet below her seat, she was scared... not for her self, no never that... but for her friend Jeri, even now she could still all but hear the wailings being uttered, sound so strange and inhuman in nature she could only cringe as she imagined them coming from that kind girl. Hadn't she endured enough? Weren't the forced emotions fed to her by the Reaper's desperate hunger been fair allotment of a pain for one lifetime? Pulling her legs up into the seat and curling into a ball was the most she could do against the torment, would Jeri die?

"Rika... Rika? Are you alright love?" Mrs. Nonoka spoke, concern evident in her voice. Rika's only reply was a single nod. Seating her self next to her troubled daughter she sighed then again spoke, "The doctors say that they have no idea what is going on with her... they've never seen anything like it before... they're baffled..."

Mrs. Nonoka snuck a look from the corner of her eye towards her daughter. She had not long flown into the country from her last photo shoot in the Caribbean and hoping to spend some quality time with her estranged daughter. It was always tough dealing with her child and its closed off ways, far easier it would have been to get her to admit anger than let any other emotion color her face. But the façade could not hide the sorrow and bits of fear shining through in her posture and demeanor. Once more Mrs. Nonoka sighed, her brow furrowing in bitter apprehension... It just didn't seem fair that these problems would be piled against those so young, but it seemed that the world would be forgetting to consider the allotment of fairness that these children, her daughter in particular, should be allowed. She had the deepest dreading feeling that this was just the beginning of something much bigger.

Once more she spoke to her daughter, "Honey, it's 2:00 am... You can come back and see Jeri in the morning, please Rika..." her urgings sounded hollow in her own ears but she could not stand to see her daughter so distraught... no it would be better to take her home to rest and recharge. Rika's affirmative nod was both a bit of a surprise and a relief.

"Alright mother, there's nothing I can do here anyway... even Akiyama's left already," she conceded. Her actions were defined with purposeful motion as she gathered her things to leave, the purpose of hiding her pain and hurt from the world.

Then for an instant her body grew rigid and deep within her something screamed. No words could describe the feelings of pure revulsion and fear which had so suddenly struck her down. Her eyes widening in response to the threat perceived... Something was deeply, utterly and truly WRONG.







***************************** ********************









It was hot... soon very hot... her skin feeling far too tight for her body, every movement liquid fire coursing thru her. Jeri could not but writhe against the soul rending torment, body screaming in its now ragged banshee's wail as her parents watched from outside of the room in bitter concern, tears trickling down each cheek as they tried to look on to the torture their daughter seemed now to personify...

Then suddenly it all came to a halt... the sudden silence deafening. But that was only the beginning, for something stirred thing the suddenly still air. Doctors rushed to the door, but to no avail... the door was jammed and the room began to fill with a fierce red glow.

~...The Harvest Nears...~

Every second stretched to an agonizing hour each minute an eternity in the warm embrace of death... It oozed from her pores relieving her of the sensations of burning tightness beneath her skin and bringing forth new agony as every nerve in her body was set alight with pain and pleasure to a narcotic high bringing her wails of torment into a new and fevered pitch. The seeping red liquid which poured forth from her skin soon congealed even as it grew to engulf both the bed and equipment

~...The sacrifice of the maiden spawns anew the Reapers Flesh...~

Jeri could no longer even feel her distant connection to her body... its form slipping from her ever farther and her broken self falling deeper into the abyssal red. No longer did she breathe no longer could she feel... her broken spirit a mirror of her bleeding flesh... strength slipping farther and farther, and a mind so alien to her own brushing across her soul. Then it took her into its own twining, twisting embrace.

~... And from her red rivers shall flow, A new testament to the power of death...~

No longer did she feel the pain and horror which to that moment had gripped her down to the bone. Instead warm comfort seeped into her core and that which felt at first alien was now no less natural to her than if it had been a child within her grasp.

~... Soon now shall the beast of the Apocalypse roam the earth, in doubt and guilt to finally rest upon the hill of Megiddo...~

Finally the red light flared in intensity, the viscous red liquid gathering itself unto her frail form and like the phoenix of legend seemed to bust into flame then like said same bird blossomed into a wild flurry of wings and light, burning away the last vestiges of cloth from her body and floating for a moment at the centre of the room. With a final burst of blood red fire rent the air asunder into a gateway of light... and then she was gone...

~The Reaper has ARISEN... Let the Ragnarok begin anew... the Harvest cometh nigh~







****************************** *******************









Rika was panicked. Her hands sweated, eyes dilated and reason for the moment overcome by the basic urgings of her deepest mind. She could almost not feel when the bag slipped from her slack fingers nor even the moment that she fell to the ground below her feet. Faintly she heard her mother yell before her crash into the ground but all that she could do was feel the deep sickening horror of the grave encroaching threatening to swallow her alive. And deep within her mind she heard the songs of children adding voice to the crescendo of revulsion, their sweet voices ringing clear the knell of deaths rebirth...







The dead has arisen, the dead is no more,

Old are those coming to settle the score,





But the godless are hungry for what was conceived,

They scour their world for the prize they'll receive,





But that prize it does come at a most terrible price,

Its the winner shall fall once and then thrice,





Then shall come the Strengthening feast,

Fit for the 3 who comprise the beast,





Ye touched by the bleedings of both dragons and gods,

Fear the Becoming... An end is at odds.









And the world grew in darkness as her head meet the floor.







***************************** ********************









|LOCA TION... UNKNOWN|









Once more it had begun, the creeping chaos would soon fully awake and drown the world in its congealed blood, soon... so very soon... It would be free... and with its bonds broken freedom would once more come to their kind.

For far too long the beasts of the digital had usurped the powers that had come before them, the very presence of the dammed beasts bleeding away the substance of their life-force and power... each successive generation of the digital beings becoming stronger and stronger in the essence of their dammed souls. They could feel their plans nearing sweet frutation and soon their subverted pets in both worlds would give them the gift of liberty and all would feel their rage and pain then shall learn once more to fear them... For in that fear laid great feasts and ever greater power.



But there seemed a snare in the progression of the plan... the child who held the Reaper survived its exodus from beneath her flesh, almost as if the bastard thing didn't wish her harm... But that was no matter of consequence, the pieces were now ever slowly falling into place... eventually it would follow its truest nature and devour her, all they had to do was wait... and they had all the time in the world to wait, watch and plan... All the time in the world...







*************************** ********************************************* ********************

********************************************* *************************** ********************







Ha-ha I did it!!! After months of being stuck in places with no com I've managed to get a chapter out!!!! HAHAHAHA!!!!

I'm now a freshman in Howard University and thus as a college person doing Business as a major and 18 credit hours of work I am a bit stretched for time to work on my own stuff. But no worries I'll be starting my writing up again at full tilt from now on.

Thank you, EVERYONE who has stuck with me thus far. I will over the course of the next month or so try to rewrite most of the chapters of my work here... they really need a big tune-up and besides I've gained new inspiration into where I'll be taking this fic... so till then. ~bows~ Please bare with me.

Hunt thou Horror's Hearts content. Shalt thou be my prey???

-Himitsu the Hunter