Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Betrayal ❯ Chapter 4

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Valeri awoke early and changed her clothes.
When Beelzemon awoke, he found her busily working on some homework at her desk. He got up and walked over to her. “What are you doing?”
“The rest of my Algebra homework. Today’s my Algebra and Art classes. I need to get this finished.”
Beelzemon nodded. “Alright. I’ll go start the bath water. I feel even worse than yesterday.” he said as he walked towards the bathroom.
“No. Let me do it. I don’t want you to hurt yourself,” Valeri said, standing up and following him into the bathroom. “Do you want bubbles, or no?”
Beelzemon gave her a skeptical look, then smiled. “Yeah, I guess so.” he replied as he watched Valeri run the bath water. He watched her for a moment, then walked out of the room.
Valeri watched the bathwater until it was finished, then called for Beelzemon as she added the bubbles. When he walked in, Valeri saw that he had his jacket and gloves off and his shirt unzipped, revealing the bandages underneath.
“Can you help get these off?” Beelzemon asked, pulling on one of the pieces.
“Of course.” Valeri replied, standing up and walking over to him. She helped to remove all his bandages, revealing the stitches on his body. After helping to get him undressed and in the tub, Valeri sat on the side, gently massaging his back with a washcloth.
Beelzemon sighed with pleasure, trying to ignore the small stabs of pain that shot through him every time Valeri hit one of his stitches. Suddenly the Digimon’s keen hearing heard a small, timid knock at the door. He groaned. “Oh, come on! He can’t be here now; I was just getting my massage!”
“Oh, it’s alright, Beelzemon. I’ll get him started, then come in here and finish. How does that sound?”
Beelzemon heaved a sigh. “Fine.”
Valeri kissed his cheek before standing up and going to the door. The sight of Skylar looking very nervous and holding his book tight to his chest, greeted her.
“Hello, Skylar.”
“H-hi, Val. Um, that guy from before wouldn’t be here, would he?” Skylar asked, peering around her.
Valeri gave him a sympathetic smile. “Yes he is. I’m sorry he scared you yesterday, he likes doing that. Well come on in.”
Skylar bit his lip. “A-alright.”
Valeri put her arm around his shoulder comfortingly. “Don’t worry; he’s not going to mess with you.”
Skylar nodded.
Suddenly there was a loud noise and a scream. “GOD DAMN IT!”
“Beelzemon!” Valeri cried, running towards the bathroom.
Skylar followed behind her.
They walked into the bathroom, splashing through the water that now soaked the floor and Beelzemon’s clothes, tainted with blood. Beelzemon was spread out in the tub, the shower curtain strewn over him, torn from where he had grabbed it. He was breathing heavily and spewing vile curses as he struggled to sit upright, his tail splashing water everywhere as it lashed about. Deep claw marks scarred the wall. The tub was full of bloody water and foam from the bubbles.
Valeri rushed over and knelt beside the bathtub, ignoring the water soaking through her pants. “Beelzemon, are you alright? What happened?”
“I was tryin’ ta stand up, but my legs wouldn’t let me and I slipped. Damn, I think I pulled out a couple stitches. Son of a bitch!”
Valeri gave him a quick look over and saw that several stitches on his shoulder and near his sides had pulled apart, blood seeped out of the holes.
Skylar stood transfixed, awed by the sight of the unclothed, angry Digimon thrashing about with pain and yelping as Valeri tended to his wounds. Wow, is this the guy that scared me yesterday? He’s hot! Wow.
Suddenly Beelzemon spotted Skylar. He glared at him. “What is he doing in here? Get out! No reason for him to be in here.” he muttered darkly, blushing lightly.
“S-sorry!” Skylar apologized as he hurried out of the room. He sat on the bed and listened to the two’s conversation. What would it be like to be with someone like that? I bet it’s wonderful.
“Please don’t be so mean, Beelzemon. I know you’re angry because you’re in pain, but please don’t take it out on Skylar.”
“I know, I know. I just don’t feel comfortable with him in here.”
“I understand, love. But please try to control your temper.”
“Alright, I’ll try harder.”
A few minutes later Valeri walked out of the bathroom. “Well, he’ll be alright. Now, what did you want me to help you with?”
Skylar handed her his book.
Valeri saw that it was Algebra. “Uh-oh,” She looked up at Skylar and smiled thinly. “I can’t help much with this. But,” she added, seeing his look of disappointment. “I can look up a site that can.”
Skylar watched as she went over to her laptop and started typing something as she set his book down. He walked over and stood beside her.
“There you go. This site can help with your homework. Just type in the problem and it will give you step-by-step instructions on how to solve it.”
“Wow! Thanks Val! You’re a real pal.”
“You’re welcome.”
Valeri went back into the bathroom to help Beelzemon while Skylar started on his homework.
Valeri and Beelzemon walked into the room a few minutes later. Beelzemon was wrapped in a bathrobe and a towel, since the bathrobe was a little too small for him.
“Try not to go into the bathroom unless you have to, I put towels on the floor to try and soak up the water.” Valeri warned as she helped Beelzemon to sit down on the bed and get comfortable.
“Alright, I’ll keep that in mind.”
“Now, Beelzemon,” Valeri said, turning to Beelzemon. “Would you like me to get you anything?” Beelzemon shook his head. “No, love. I’m fine.” He gingerly leaned back against the pillow she had propped up.
“Alright. I really should be getting off to class now. I’ll see you soon,” She gave him a swift kiss before walking over to Skylar. “You can stay here as long as you want. Beelzemon won’t mess with you, isn’t that right?”
“Beelzemon smiled innocently. “Yeah. I won’t, I promise. Too tired anyway.”
Valeri smiled, giving him a skeptical look. “Well, c’ya later, sweetheart,” she said, walking towards the door. “I’ll make you something nice in Art class. And when I get back, I’ll fix you up the rest of the way.”
“Alright.” After Valeri left, Beelzemon snuggled under the blanket and closed his eyes.
Skylar looked up from his homework every now and again to look at the sleeping figure of the demonic Viral. He looks cute asleep, maybe I could talk to him when he gets up. I wonder…maybe he might go out with me. If he wants, he might leave Valeri, just maybe. He’s just so cool!
Valeri examined the picture she had drawn in Art class as she walked down the hall to her dorm room. I’m sure Beelzemon’ll love this! She reached her room and opened the door to see Beelzemon standing by Skylar as he was working on the laptop. He was completely dressed, the bathrobe and towel strewn on the bed. “Beelzemon! Honey, I’m back. How are you doing?”
“Hi, Val. I was just watchin’ Skylar. He was showing me how to play a game.”
“Oh alright, well I made this for you.” She handed him the picture as she set her books down on the table.
“Thanks.” He examined the picture. It had him as a dragon, Valeri’s favorite way of drawing him, standing next to a waterfall, a cave opening behind it. The sun was glistened off the water, making it sparkle like a diamond.
“Wow!” Skylar said as he examined the picture.
Beelzemon heaved a sigh.
Valeri cocked her head to one side. “What’s the matter, darling? Don’t you like it? I’ll make something better if you don’t.”
“I do,” Beelzemon said, setting the picture down on the table. “It’s just; I have something to tell you.” “Really? What is it?”
Skylar and Beelzemon exchanged quick glances before Beelzemon looked at Valeri, sighing again.
“Val, I don’t know how best to say this, so I’ll come right out with it. I….” He looked down at the floor, kicking the carpet and thrusting his thumbs in his belt. He was afraid of her reaction to his news. I don’t want to hurt her, but I need to tell her. Val, I’m sorry. I wish you would forgive me.
“What is it, Beelzemon?” Valeri asked, walking up to him. “Come on, you can tell me, you know you can.”
“Val, I’m-I-”
Valeri was confused by his hesitation; he wasn’t the kind of person to hesitate to express his feelings. “Beloved?”
“Don’t call me that!” Beelzemon snapped, looking up at her.
Valeri blinked in surprise at his tone and lowered her gaze. “S-sorry. I can’t remember you having trouble with me calling you that before…I didn’t mean to….” She fiddled with the hem of her shirt, afraid she had upset him. Tears were gathering at the back of her eyes.
“Well, now I do, so stop.”
Valeri nodded. “Ok, I’m sorry.”
“Valeri, I decided I’m breaking up with you.”
Valeri’s eyes widened and she looked up at him. “W-what?”
Beelzemon shrugged. “I’m breaking up with you.”
“B-but what about what you said last night? Or before? You said you wouldn’t leave me, you promised! After all it took me to get you to stay the first time…did I do something wrong?” She bowed her head; tears trickled down her cheeks and nose onto the floor. He doesn’t want to stay with me anymore. I guess I’m not good enough for him. This only made her cry harder. She clutched the hem of her shirt tightly.
Beelzemon stared at her, crestfallen. “No. Please don’t cry. I’m sorry; I thought that maybe you’d understand.”
“Understand?” Valeri looked up at him, her sadness giving sway to anger. “You inconsiderate bastard! You aren’t sorry! If you were, you wouldn’t be telling me this. You promised you wouldn’t leave me, but that’s exactly what you’re doing! You lied to me!”
Beelzemon stared at Valeri, too stunned to say anything, his jaw dropping slightly. Valeri had never cussed in her whole life; she always thought the words to be very vile. He knew he had really upset her if she was calling him such a foul name, he could almost see her heart shattering as she stood glaring at him through tear-filled eyes.
Valeri bit her lip so hard that a thin line of blood trickled down her chin to mix with the fresh wave of hot tears. “So what does this mean? I’m not good enough for you anymore, hmm, is that it?”
“Val…I’m doing this ‘cause I’ve decided to try someone else.” Beelzemon said ruefully, dropping his gaze slightly.
“What? You heartless jerk. Fine I don’t care. You can go with whoever the hell you want. Wait, who are you going with? What’s her name?”
“Umm…well. It isn’t a girl.” Beelzemon mumbled, blushing lightly.
Skylar blushed deeply and looked away.
“What? I didn’t hear what you said.” Valeri said, her eyes narrowing.
“I said that it wasn’t a girl.” Beelzemon said softly.
Valeri’s eyes widened with shock. “S-so you’re…telling me that…you’re going out with a…guy? Oh, I bet I know who it is too,” She glared hatefully at Skylar. “Traitor! I thought you were my friend!”
Skylar ducked his head and lowered his gaze, shuffling his feet.
“Don’t be so harsh, Valeri.”
Valeri looked back at Beelzemon. “You hardly know him, you heartless bastard! Fine, whatever. You can go with him, not as if I care! You certainly don’t,” She folded her arms and looked away, muttering under her breath, upsetting herself even more. “After everything we went through. I gave you everything. I forgave you and tried to make you stay,” She shuddered and sighed. “But of course, you don’t care. I love you, I still do. Nothing could make me stop, not even if you raped me again,” She looked at him out of the corner of her eyes before looking back at the floor sadly, tears spilling from under her closed eyelids. “Nothing could. You just don’t love me anymore.”
Skylar looked at Beelzemon, shocked. “You did what?”
“Val-”
“No, shut up. Just get out. Go have fun with your new boyfriend.”
Skylar picked up his book just before Beelzemon pulled him away from the table.
As soon as the door closed behind them, Valeri fell to her knees, weeping broken-heartedly into her hands, her anger having suddenly vanished, replaced by her sorrow and grief. She ended up crying herself to sleep. When she awoke, she was freezing and her hair was plastered to her face by the dried blood and tears. She got on the bed, wrapping her arms around her knees. She wished that Beelzemon were there to comfort her. She already missed his voice and the taste of his lips, longing to hear him speak to her, powerful arms around her gently in a comforting, protective hug. She couldn’t help but wonder what Beelzemon was doing with Skylar. The thoughts made Valeri very depressed.