Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Betrayal ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Several days later Valeri was Instant Messaging Beelzemon as she worked on her Algebra homework.

“So, how much longer will you be in the hospital?”
“Not much longer. I’m actually goin’ back to the house taday. Your mom said she’d help fix me up there.”
That’s great! How are your wounds?”
I got ta see some of ‘em when they bandaged me again. It wasn’t a pretty sight let me tell ya. The wounds were deep and even though I am a Digimon, they’re still taking a long time to heal. So how’s college treating you? Make any friends yet?”
Actually, yes. Skylar and Natasha.”
Skylar wouldn’t happen to be a guy now would it?”
Valeri giggled. “That’s so like you.” “Yes. Now I know what you’re thinking and no, I’m not getting any ideas, love.”
“Oh, alright. I wasn’t actually gonna say that.”
“Yeah, right Beelzemon. I know how you are.” Valeri chuckled as she typed. “Well I need to get going. Have to finish my homework. Besides, you need to rest. Bye, Beelzemon.”
“Bye, Val, Talk to ya soon.”

Valeri watched as a notice popped up, indicating that Beelzemon had logged out. She returned to her homework, not even bothering to close the window.
There was a knock at the door. Valeri got up and answered it.
Natasha stood in the doorway, smiling, her hands clasped behind her back. She wore a sleeveless dark green top that matched her eyes, and blue jean shorts with flip-flops. Her dusty black hair was put up in a ponytail. “Hi, Val!”
“Hello, Natasha. What are you doing here?”
“Just dropped by to say hi and visit. I’m bored.”
Valeri moved away from the door so Natasha could enter. “Oh, well. Come on in, I’m just finishing up my homework.” She walked over to her desk and sat down.
Natasha was watching her over her shoulder when she spotted the chat window open on Valeri’s screen.
Curious, she read it. “Who’s Beelzemon? And what kinda name is that?” she asked when she finished.
“It’s my boyfriend’s name, so please be nice.”
“Did he get hurt?”
“Yes, terribly. But he’s better now.”
“Well, that’s good. Hey, what’s this?” Natasha picked up a picture that Valeri had been coloring, so it was only half done.
It was Beelzemon. He was leaning against a wall, thumbs tucked in belts and a smirk upon his lips. His tail was loosely coiled beside him and his jacket and shirt were off, showing off a detailed version of his tattoo.
“Wow! What’s this? Some kinda creature you made up?”
“Nope. That’s Beelzemon. Although I probably could’ve made it look a bit better. I think he’s out of proportion. That’s the first time I tried to draw him as he is instead of like a dragon.”
Natasha’s jaw dropped. “So you mean that…this is your boyfriend?! He**, he’s hot! Even if he’s not human. That’s not fair! You get a sexy guy and I’m stuck with some stooge!” Valeri shrugged. “I can’t help it. Besides, what’s wrong with Yuki? He seems like a nice guy.”
“I wanna meet him!”
“Sorry,” Valeri said, shaking her head. “He can’t come here. He’s not supposed to, he needs more time to recuperate.”
“Awww, damn. Oh well,” She set the paper on the table and sighed. “Classes start up in an hour. You wanna walk to class together?”
“Sure. If you want to, in the meanwhile, play a game or something, my computer is free.”
“No thanks.”
“Well, just gimme two minutes and I’ll be finished, and then we can go get lunch before going back to class.”
“Sounds like a good idea. I’m starved.”
“Where do you want to go?” “Well, there’s a sandwich restaurant just up the street. We could go there.”
“Alright.”
Soon the two young women were at the restaurant eating their food. After they finished they went to their dorm rooms to pick up their books before walking off for the classrooms.
As they were walking, Dagger came up to Valeri. He had a new batch of goons with him since the others were unable to go to collage. Dagger liked to harass Valeri, trying to get her to go out with him.
“Hi, babe,” he said. “Where you off to?”
“Go away, Dagger,” Natasha said, glaring at him. “We’re going to be late. Just leave us alone.”
“Oh, why should I?’ Dagger grinned at Valeri. “Your boyfriend’s not here to protect you anymore, Val. Why don’t you just save yourself the trouble and go out with me already?”
Valeri shook her head. “No. I’m staying with Beelzemon. You don’t like it, talk to him about it, but I doubt you’d walk away from the conversation, if there was one.”
Dagger growled. He knocked the books from Valeri’s hands and grabbed her wrists. “You little bitch! Fine, if that’s the way you want it, well then.”
“Hey! Let go!” Valeri cried, struggling violently.
Natasha rushed to help but was grabbed by two of Dagger’s friends.
Dagger grabbed Valeri roughly by her throat.
“D-Dagger…please stop….” She coughed.
Dagger cackled gleefully. “Aww, you want me to stop? Well, that’s just too bad, babe. Go out with me then I’ll stop.” He twirled a strand of her hair around his finger before yanking down hard on it, causing her to wince.
“Why would you want me to go out with you if all you do is hurt me…? You’d never make a good boyfriend to anyone, except to someone who enjoys being hurt.”
“Oh, and you don’t? Val, you are so stupid. Pretty, but stupid. But there’s something about you that I like.”
Tears sprang in Valeri’s eyes as Dagger caressed her face with his free hand, brushing his lips against hers. She tried to pull away but Dagger tightened his grip on her throat and pressed his lips harder against hers, bruising her lips, and causing her to whimper and shut her eyes.
Natasha struggled violently. “Stop it! You’re hurting her! Dagger, you idiot, let her go!” One of the two young men slapped Natasha brutally across the face. “Shut up!”
“Ow!” She spat out a mixture of blood and spit, right on the guy’s shoe.
“Eww! She spat on me!”
“Oh, quit yer whinin’!” Dagger snapped, glaring at him.
The man cringed.
Dagger turned his attention back to Valeri. “So, Val. What’ll it be?”
Valeri glared at him defiantly, trying to suppress her disgust and fight back the hot tears stinging her eyes.
Dagger smirked. He started to say something but stopped. Valeri noticed that he was looking past her, eyes wide with terror. Suddenly he bolted, the others in close pursuit, all screaming with fright.
Valeri watched them with confusion as she rubbed her bruised throat and wiped her hand across her mouth. She looked at Natasha and saw that she was staring at something wide-eyed. She turned around to see Beelzemon walking towards them, his face set in a frown. She ran into his outstretched arms. “Beelzemon!”
Beelzemon grimaced at the impact, but forced a smile. “Hi, Val.”
They exchanged hugs and kisses before Beelzemon set her down.
Valeri smiled, relieved. “I’m glad you came when you did.”
“Dagger, that bastard! I get my hands on him, I’m gonna kill ‘im!” Beelzemon snarled as he surveyed Valeri’s bruised throat.
“Beelzemon…violence doesn’t solve anything.”
“So? It’ll solve our Dagger dilemma. He’s not going to hurt you anymore, Val. I’m gonna make sure of it.”
Valeri smiled sadly.
Beelzemon leaned down and gave her another brief kiss before looking at Natasha. “Who’s that?”
“Natasha.” Valeri replied as she looked over at her.
“Looks ta me like they got ‘er too.”
Valeri nodded. “Natasha! Come here!”
Natasha walked over to them, not taking her eyes off Beelzemon as she came up beside Valeri. “Whoa, so this is Beelzemon huh? Wow! He really does look a lot like the picture!”
“Picture?” Beelzemon looked down at Valeri quizzically.
Valeri blushed lightly. “Um…well. I’ve been working on a picture for you…it’s not a dragon. I thought I’d try drawing more human-ish things, so I thought I try it out with you first….”
“And it turned out to look so awesome!” Natasha interjected excitedly.
Beelzemon smirked. “Oh really? I wanna see it.”
“Alright. But I really have to go to class. I’ll take you to my dorm room.”
Beelzemon shrugged, then winced slightly. “Fine with me.”
Valeri walked over to where her books were scattered and started picking them up. Beelzemon bent down to help but Valeri stopped him.
“No, love. You shouldn’t be doing that.”
“Why? I’m fine.” He bent down and picked up one of the books, gritting his teeth. He straightened up quickly, exhaling through his teeth sharply.
“See? I told you,” Valeri said, taking the book from him. “Beelzemon. You need to take it easy. Those wounds aren’t going to heal well if you keep stretching the skin.”
Beelzemon sighed. “That’s what the doc said. But you’re right. Come on. Let’s get goin’.” He took Valeri’s hand and walked along beside her as she led him to her room.
Valeri got Beelzemon set up in her room then went off to class with Natasha.
Beelzemon was just settling down to take a nap when a knock came at the door. He opened his eyes. “Oh, what now?”
He stood up and walked over the door, grumbling under his breath. He opened the door and was greeted by the sight of a young man with silver hair streaked with red highlights and sky blue eyes. He wore a faded out dark blue shirt and black shorts.
Beelzemon watched as the young man’s jaw dropped and a book dropped from his nerveless fingers.
“What do you want?” Beelzemon demanded, putting on his scariest face as he folded his arms and leaned against the doorframe.
The young man just stared, too frightened to do anything else.
“Come on, ya little miscreant. Whatcha doin’ here?” Beelzemon asked, his gruff voice softening slightly in spite of himself. He was quite taken by the fear in the boy’s eyes.
“I-I-I-I came to see…if Valeri c-could help me with…my…homework….” the young man managed to whisper.
“Well, she’s not here right now, she went to class.”
“Oh. Um, I guess I could come back later….” He picked up his book and turned to leave.
Beelzemon reached out and put his hand on the boy’s shoulder. The boy jumped violently and turned to look at Beelzemon, the fear flickering in his eyes.
Beelzemon unintentionally felt guilty at frightening the young man. “What’s your name, kid?” “I-it’s Skylar.” Beelzemon nodded understandingly, pulling his hand away. “Valeri told me about you.”
The boy looked horrified. “She did? She said she wouldn’t tell anyone! Oh God!” He bit his knuckle.
“What are talking about?”
Skylar looked up at him, tears filling his eyes. “She told you didn’t she? Admit it!” he demanded.
“Admit what? All she told me was that you two are friends. In addition, I’m gonna add something ta this. You even think about dating her, I’m gonna pummel ya!”
Skylar sighed with relief. “Thank God!” He covered his face with his hand and let out a shaky laugh.
Beelzemon was now completely confused. “What?”
Skylar shook his head, removing his hand. “It’s nothing. I just overreacted, that’s all. Well, I’d better leave now. Tomorrow she isn’t doing anything. I’ll ask her then. Can you tell her I came by?”
“Sure. If you want.”
“Thanks, I’ll be back sometime in the morning.”
Beelzemon watched as Skylar walked down the hall and turned a corner, disappearing from view. There’s something…strange about that kid. He almost has the same kinda effect on me as Val does. Why is that? He’s a guy and I’m a guy. But he as such pretty eyes…Beelzemon shuddered. What the hell has gotten inta me? He shook his head and went back inside, closing the door behind him. He walked over to the bed and slowly lowered himself down so that he was lying down.
Later when Valeri returned, she saw that Beelzemon was awake and staring at the ceiling. “Hello, love. How are you feeling?”
“Sore and tired. Oh, yeah. Yer friend Skylar dropped by, said something about help with homework.”
“Oh, he did? Oh yeah! Duh. I told him I’d help with his homework. What did he say?” Valeri asked as she sat down beside him.
“Said he’d be back in the morning.”
“Oh, alright. You didn’t scare him too badly, did you?”
“No! Of course not! I did no such thing!” Beelzemon folded his arms. Valeri gave him a skeptical look.
“Alright, alright! I might have scared him just a bit.”
Valeri shook her head. “Beelzemon! You know better than to do that.”
Beelzemon shrugged. “So? I still think it’s funny.”
Valeri smiled and kissed his cheek. She lay back on the bed and stared up at the ceiling. “Well, tomorrow I have one…two classes. But that’s in the afternoon. So that means we can do something together tomorrow after I help Skylar, then after class I’ll take you out to get something to eat.”
“Sounds like a good idea. But I really should get back soon. Yer mom’s gonna be mad that I didn’t come home first.”
“I know. But she’ll understand.”
“Yeah.” Beelzemon leaned over and kissed her neck.
Valeri winced slightly. “Please don’t do that. It still hurts.”
Beelzemon quickly pulled away. “Sorry.”
Valeri smiled at him. “It’s alright.”
Beelzemon smiled grimly. “That’s going to be the last time he hurts you, I promise. If he even tries to, I’m going to strangle him!”
“Don’t worry about it, Beelzemon.”
Beelzemon sighed. “Hmm, alright.” He rested his head on her shoulder.
“I think I have a good solution for your sore body. Why don’t you take a bath? That should help a bit.”
“Yeah, gotta get cleaned up anyway. But you have to help, I can’t move all that much.”
Valeri blushed deeply at the thought. “Alright.” she said reluctantly.
Beelzemon bit his lip as he realized exactly what he said. “You don’t have to if it’s too embarrassin’ for ya, love. I ain’t gonna make ya. Especially after what happened before….”
“I know. I know. But I’ll do it anyway, I want to help you anyway I can.”
“You’re a big help just bein’ with me.”
“But I want to do more. I’m tired of having to stand by and watch you fight. I don’t want to end up losing you because you’re trying to protect me. Maybe it would’ve been better if you had just found a female Digimon to be with instead of me,” Valeri said sadly, fighting back her tears. “At least you wouldn’t have to worry so much, and she’d be able to help you-”
Beelzemon put his hand over her mouth, cutting her off. “Stop that right now! How could you even think that? Valeri, I love you for who you are. I don’t mind having to protect you,” He propped himself up on his elbow on his side, removing his hand. “I won’t ever leave you, especially not for some stupid reason like that.”
Valeri looked at him in surprise. “Y-you won’t?” she asked, wiping her eyes with the back of her hand.
“I promise.” He leaned down and kissed her. A moment later, he pulled away and rested his head back on her shoulder.
Valeri sighed and closed her eyes. “It’s nice having you here. Too bad you have to leave.”
“It’s alright, though. I’m here now at least.”
The two drifted off to sleep.