Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Key ❯ With Darkness Comes Hell, With Light Comes Peace ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




It was very quiet and dark



A/N: well it's the final chapter of my first fic. I hope you enjoyed reading it. I know I enjoyed writing it. I would like to say thank to everyone who reviewed, and thanks to everyone who shared their ideas with me or told me how I can improve my writing.

Disclaimer: I do not own digimon

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
THE DARK KEY

Chapter Ten: With Darkness Comes Hell, With Light Comes Peace


It was very quiet and dark. The world seemed to be in complete silence. On a normal day the sun would just be appearing from behind the earth. It would spread its beautiful golden rays on the world waking it from its blessed slumber to a warm and peaceful day. Yes on a normal day that is how it would go, but today was different the sun was there, though not a single soul on earth could tell. Dark clouds block all traces of the suns radiant light from shining upon the cold world. Cold, dark those are two words that describe me well. Silent now that is a word that people use to describe me. Always quiet, rarely sharing my thought or feelings with anyone, maybe that goes along with being cold. Despite what people think I hate the quiet and the loneliness that comes with it. When you're left with nothing but silence and loneliness it gives you time to think and realize just how screwed up your life is. It's odd what I normally hate seems to be the only thing that is giving me comfort. The darkness and silence means I don't have to see the many faces of the people whose lives I'm going to destroy, who's lives a part of me wants to destroy.

Matt left his thoughts were they where. They were just too troubling, too contradicting for him to dwell on them. He looked up as he heard the sound of a large vehicle stop. He had been waiting at the bus stop for a while, and it was relieving to leave the cold behind a board them warm bus. He paid the bus driver and took a seat in the back. As the bus began to pull away Matt reached in his pocket and pulled out a small golden object. It was a golden black key; it appeared to be old and resembled those bronze keys that were used for jewelry boxes. He studied the key closely. Somehow over the years this small key became a part of him. Now he has going to use it to destroy another part of himself. Matt knew that by midnight tonight he would have enough power to release his master, and that earth and the Digidesitned will be his first targets. If everything goes the way his master has planned then Tai will already be destroyed and then the others will be picked off one by one.

The bus came to a stop and Matt stood up. He put the key back into his pocket and excited the vehicle. His apartment was a few blocks away, but this was the nearest bus stop. The wind was blowing hard and the air was still very cold, but Matt didn't really notice. His thoughts were on anything but the weather. He watched as people went along with their dally routines, and a sense of envy came across him. He wished he lived like them, so clueless to what was really going on. He wished he didn't know about other worlds and how strong evil can be.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tai rode the subway home from Heighten View Terrace, but he still didn't arrive at his apartment till seven in the morning, of course the fact that he had fallen asleep and missed his stop once could have had something to do with his getting home so late.

When Tai entered his apartment he was shocked to find Kari and TK snuggled close together asleep on the couch. He smiled smugly; this would give him a way to bribe Kari for life. Tai know that Kari and TK where just friends for the time being, but he could still use this against her. Tai walked over to here they rested and yelled at the top of his lungs. "WAKE UP!!!" his shout quickly awoke the two and they rose to their feet.

"Tai you're back! I was so worried." Kari said as she swung her arms around her brother and hugged him.
"Where were you?" TK asked as he approached the two siblings.
"That entity that spoke through Kari came to me, and told me what Matt is up to and a way to stop him." Tai replied as he released his sister.
"Okay so how do we stop him?" Kari asked while see headed back to the couch and sat down.
Tai kind of snickered bitterly before he answered. "Well actually I'm still not sure how to stop him, but I think that I must fight him, then use the Digivice to somehow destroy the bond he has the that stupid key."
"What key?" TK asked as he joined Kari on the couch followed by Tai.
"The entity told me about this key that he has, that opens the gate to where this dark force is. This key will allow this virus to spread through all worlds a eventually destroy them." Tai replied with sorrow in his voice.
"Wait was this key by any chance bronze with a design on the top that resembles a star being stabbed this a dagger?" TK asked quickly.
"Yeah that's right. How'd you know?"
"I remember the night after the Digi-Port opened again I went home with Matt and spent the night there. He was really quiet and kind of nervous. At about two in the morning I got up to get a drink of water, and saw him on the balcony. I was concerned so I went to see what was wrong. He didn't seem to notice when I walked on the balcony, he was too busy looking over this small golden like object. I didn't get that good of a look at it because he hide it quickly in his pocket when he realized it I was there. I tried asking what was wrong, but he wouldn't talk he just left and went to bed. The next morning he was in the shower so I went into his room to try and find what he was looking at last night. I found the key on his desk I was so busy studying it that I didn't realize he was there. When I turned around and saw him he seemed really angry he yelled at me and told me never to come near his stuff again. We didn't talk after that until the day of his concert when Gabumon was in danger." TK finished his story and looked at the two Kamiya siblings. They both seemed to be deep in thought especially Tai.
"I wonder how he managed to keep it hidden for so long?" Kari asked out loud.
"He's always been good at keeping things hidden for us, and I think that this proves it more then anything." Tai answered. "But we will worry about all of that later. TK I want you to call up the others and get them over here. I want to address all of you at once." Tai ordered as he walked into his room to lay down. He had been up all night and he just wanted to rest until the others arrived.
TK went straight to work on phoning all of the other Digidesitned, while Kari went into the kitchen to make some snakes for when her friends arrived.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Matt had gone to his room to rest, and fell into a disturbing sleep. The images of his past came flooding back. All the fearful screams that were to be the last sound that most of those digimon would make, echoed in his ears. Even after all these years the sight of those defenseless creatures begging to be spared still stood out in his mind as though it were yesterday. All the distortion and pain came back in full techno color. He could remember every detail of every battle. The eyes' of every digimon he destroyed. It all came crashing back at with the strength and speed of a freight train, causing him to viscously wince as the pain of those dreaded days came rushing back.

The sound of his phone ringing brought him out of his restless sleep. Matt really didn't feel like talking to anyone so he let the answering machine take the call. After three rings the sound of his father's voice came on as the answering machine recorded his message. Of course the message was just the same as always, he'd ask if Matt was okay then tell him he wouldn't be coming home that night due to work and to call if he needed anything.

Matt had really gotten tired of hearing that message, but today he was thankful for it. The message meant that he'd be alone today, and that was what he wanted, to be alone and think things through. His reasoning with himself only lasted about thirty minutes before exhaustion took over and he surrendered himself to sleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Would you like a cookie Sora? They're chocolate chip." Kari asked as she handed some snakes around for the other Digidestined to have.
"Thanks Kari they look really good." Sora answered as she took one of the cookies and sat down next to Tai. Sora was the last to arrive at the Kamiya's apartment so Tai was really anxious to discuss what they were going to do with the current situation.
"So what do we do now?" Mimi asked looking very depressed over the whole issue of having to fight one of her friends.
No one knew exactly how to answer so Izzy decided to take the opportunity to address the group. "It's obvious that we need a plain on how we can stop Matt. The only problem is we don't know what we are stopping him from doing." Izzy was now typing viciously away at his computer looking for answers that weren't there.
"He's going to try to open the gate that keeps the dark virus confided and realize it on earth." Tai answered quietly, but his voice was caught by the others and they stopped what they were doing to focus on Tai.
"How did you come up with that Tai?" Joe asked for the group.
Tai ran a hand through his long brown hair and exhaled deeply then realized the air. "Look I didn't call you here to discuss the problem. I already know what the problem is. What I called you here for is to find a solution." Tai answered calmly. He didn't feel like telling about his tripe through time if they found away to fix this problem then he'd have plenty of time for that. "Izzy I need you to tell me how you can help someone who is already possessed by a virus."
"Well um first you have to determined the cause or the source of the virus." Izzy answered confused by the question.
"Okay here's the deal Matt is possessed by this dark virus, and its power comes from this key. He plains on using the key to open the gate to a Digiworld that serves as a prison for the dark force in our dreams." Tai explained to the others.
"Tai how do you know all of this?" Sora asked.
"The entity came to me and gave me a little history lesson on what is going on. Izzy I need you to tell me how I can use the digivice to destroy the darkness in Matt." Tai said getting straight to the point. It was already getting late and he didn't want to waste time explaining everything.
"Well I haven't done much research on the matter, but I suppose it would work the same way it did with the back gears." Izzy explained as he began typing at his computer bringing up the files on Devimon and the black gears. "Okay here is something. Our digivices are made of pure light. They contain the vaccine for every virus we've encountered so far, but there is no way to tell if they will have any effect on the darkness inside Matt." Izzy stated as he looked up from his computer.
Tai was silent. He was going over every option in his head. The entity said that his digivice would be able to stop Matt. "Izzy would you go through my digivice and see if there is anything unusual." Tai asked as he handed his digivice to Izzy."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Matt woke with a startling scream. His nightmares where getting worse, they drained him till he was timid and weak. Every night his mind was left screaming with the haunting memoirs of his past mistakes. He feared the dark because with it came the time to rest, but for him a peaceful night's rest was out of reach. He was a slave to himself to the darkness inside him. The demons of his mind were constantly taunting him, never ceasing their laughter at his misery.
Matt shook out of his state of self-loathing and look around. He had fallen asleep on his couch in the living room. He looked out the glass door that led to the balcony. He forced himself up and walked to the balcony stepping into the evening air. The sky was different from what it had been earlier. It was still dark, but now had a verity of colors. Navy and other dark blues along with deep purples and fire oranges streaked the sky making it look mysterious in an eerie short of way. The wind was blowing softly now, casting a chill in the air, and the street where empty. Most people where at home with their families watching TV or eating an early dinner.
Matt had to wonder what his family was doing. He knew his father and mother were probably working, but he had to wonder about TK. He imagined that all the Digidestined where gathered at Tai's discussing Matt's rouge like behavior, and trying to find a way to save the world. Tai was a little too heroic sometimes. Always trying to do the right thing, and do what was best for everyone instead of worrying about the real issues. Tai was convinced that the problem was Matt, but the real problem is what is going to do. He was any kind of a leader or hero then he would have killed Matt the moment he discovered the truth. Only a fool would leave an enemy, who is set out to destroy him, alive. That's what Tai is a fool who cares too much. Eventually that courage and compassion of his will get him killed.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Prodigious!" Izzy exclaimed attracting the attention of everyone in the room.
"So does this mean you found something?" Mimi asked as she approached him from where she was stranding in the kitchen.
"I may have. You see after analyzing the data from Tai's digivice and cross reversing it with the data stored in my digivice I have discovered that Tai's posses a unique feature that my doesn't. It's some kind of defense mechanism that becomes activated whenever Tai becomes overwhelmed by the quality of his crest." Is explained.
"That's great now we have a way to save my brother." TK said with enthusiasm and relief.
"Well actually I have some bad news." Izzy's tone of voice brought down the sprits of his friends quickly. "The power from Tai's digivice is very powerful, I don't think that even a digimon could handle such an immense about of power attacking them, let alone a human." Izzy said sadly.
"What are you saying Izzy?" Tai asked afraid of the answer.
"Tai, I don't think we can stop Matt without killing him." Izzy said with regret.
Everyone was quiet after that. TK could no longer hold the tears back and let them fall freely. Kari and Sora tried to comfort him, but it was hard because they felt like crying too.
"We need to find him." Tai finally said bring the others back from the sorrowful state. "We can't let him release that dark virus, billions of lives depend on it." Tai said. He hated having to be the one to say that, but after what the entity had showed him he was determined to bring an end to this. This fight against the dark force has been going on since almost the begin of the digiworlds and there was no way he was going to let the light lose.
"Where do you think he is?" Joe asked not expecting anyone to have a real answer.
"Izzy why don't you try to located his digivice's signal." Tai said to the redheaded genius.
Izzy didn't, but went straight to work looking for the signal for Matt digivice. It took a while, but finally Izzy looked up from his computer with a triumphant grin. "I believe I've found him Tai. My computer indicates that he is at is apartment." Izzy told the leader of the group.
Tai quickly got up and went to his phone. He dialed the number that had become so familiar to him over the years that he knew it by heart.
Tai waited first one ring then two, finally on the third ring someone picked up.
"Hello?" a voice asked it sounded deep and slightly stressed.
"Um hello Mr. Ishida." Tai greeted nervously. "Is Matt at home?" he asked.
"I'm sorry Tai but he just left." Mr. Ishida answered.
"Oh, you wouldn't happen to know where he went do you?" Tai asked anxiously.
"Well I think he said he had something important to do and he would be home till late, but he didn't say where he was going."
"Okay thanks." Tai said and hung up the phone
"Well anything?" Sora asked as she came up behind Tai.
"No he's not home. He must have left his digivice there." Tai answered.
"So what do we do now?" Kari asked looking at here brother for instructions or least an encouraging word.
"We go hunting." Tai answered addressing the group. "Sora and Joe you two will go to Heighten View Terrace and search there. Izzy and Mimi you tow need to get on a bus and head down to where we had summer camp. TK and Kari you'll stay here. I want you to call Kyoto and have the other be on the look out. If anyone finds him call back here at once, but don't try to play heroes and fight him on your own, he hits harder then you may think. Also check up here every half hour so we know everything is all right."
"Okay I guess that's a plain, but why those places and where are you going to be Tai?" Kari asked her brother.
"Those are all the places in Japan that a gate to the Digiworld has every been successfully opened without using the digiport." Tai explained. "And I'm going down to Aqua City. That the area where the tv station is, and where we used our digivices to go to the Digiworld a second time." Tai said as he grabbed his coat and headed for the door.
"We haven't got a lot of time so lets get to work." The others nodded to Tai's remark, and began gathering their coats and followed him to the door.
"You guys be careful." TK called after them as the older kinds exited the apartment building. And please save my brother. TK thought to himself sadly

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Tai walked along the road quietly. He hadn't realized how far Aqua City was from his apartment until he had to walk the distance. It had to be at least a thirty-minute walk, and he still was a few blocks away. He looked down at his watch, the little digital numbers dipping ten o two. It was already ten o'clock that meant he only had two hours to find Matt and stop him.
Tai's thought began to drift to the others, he felt bad sending them out there, but it wasn't because he thought they'd run into Matt it was because he knew they wouldn't. He couldn't really explain it, but something it him told him that Matt would go to Aqua City. Maybe it was the dream that Tai had, had about walking with Matt by the tv station and seeing the bodies, or maybe it was because this was the place where he and Matt finally put their differences aside and worked together. The memory of the two standing hand in hand waiting for the arrows of hope and light to strike them made Tai smile. That was the first time he saw Matt as a friend and not just some jerk that was always arguing with him. Something about having Matt there with him and not having to take that arrow alone caused Tai to feel that no matter what happened he and Matt would be able to win if they worked as a team.
"So many memories huh."
"Yeah a lot of good ones." Tai answered. Even when he was against Tai, Matt was still able to read Tai's thoughts or at least give really good guesses on what they might be.
"I have to give you credit you knew where to find me." Matt said braking through Tai's thoughts. Tai looked around he was at aqua city right in front of the tv station. Matt was leaning against a wall to an old building while studying a shiny object in his hand.
Tai turned his eyes to Matt's face. Matt's eyes where empty they didn't even hold anger in them they where just vacant of all emotion.
Matt stared into Tai eyes for a moment then broke away. Tai's eyes where so full of compassion and sympathy.
"Matt you don't have to do this you know. We can help you if you just let us." Tai tried to reach Matt, the real Matt, not this empty soul, but the bearer of friendship who fought once to save this planet.
"I think you should leave Tai before I do something that we're both going to regret." Matt threatened coldly.
"No way I know what you're trying to do and I'm not going to let you. I can't allow you to let that virus enter earth." Tai said as he took a few steps closer to his rival. He looked at his watch and it read ten thirty. He didn't have much time now.
Suddenly his thoughts were interrupted by a fist slamming into his jaw causing him to fly backwards and fall to the ground.
Tai looked up to see Matt smiling smugly at him with a murderous glint in his eyes. "Don't you know, never let your guard down when you facing an opponent." Matt mock cruelly.
"You're not my opponent Matt you're my friend, and your confused." Matt didn't really respond to Tai's reasoning, but he did zone out for a second. Tai deiced to use the opportunity to get the key away from Matt. He brought up his foot and slammed it into Matt's abdomen in a roundhouse kick. Matt took a few steps back and clenched his chest in pain. Tai then rose and tackled Matt sending them both flying to the concert ground landing with a thump. Tai tried to pin Matt, but wasn't quick enough Matt brought up his fist up and punch Tai's nose causing blood to appear form the impact. Matt then punched Tai again much harder in the stomach throwing Tai off of him.
They both rose to their feet quickly. Matt was smiling as though the fight was something to be enjoyed and revealed in, but Tai's face held only determination. He was going to win one way or another. Matt put the key back in his pocket and stood in a fight ready position. Tai took a defensive position waiting for Matt to charge.
They both charged and this time Matt over powered Tai with a tackle. Matt then picked up Tai and through him into the air. Tai gasped in pain as he collided with a garbage can knocking it over and sending the content of the can scattered on the pavement. Matt the came up to Tai with that same mocking smile and Tai looked around desperately until his eyes caught sight of the led to the trash can that he had just knocked over. Acting fast Tai reached for the trash can led and slammed it into Matt's head. Matt fell to the ground in pain, but then looked up his eyes fierce and unforgiving.
"You're going to regret that guardian." Matt said coldly then he stood and attacked Tai with punches and kick.
Tai fought back with all his strength. The two's battle lasted for over half an hour, consisting of hard punches and swift kicks. Tai could feel his bones braking from the force of Matt's attack. Both Matt's and Tai's knuckles where now a deep crimson, bleed from the constant blows they gave each other. Tiny scarlet pools made of the friend's blood falling from their open wombs and merging together, where scattered on the deserted road that had become the two's battle field.
Finally exhaustion began to take them. Matt raised his clenched fist about to strike his friend with another heavy blow, but Tai raised his arm and black the punch. Matt then brought his leg up and it collided with Tai chest this time forcing him to the ground. Tai could tell that his ribs broke for the force of the kick.
Matt walked over and stood triumphantly over his opponent. "I win." Matt said coldly.
The only time Tai could remember Matt's voice sounding so cold and full of rage was when he had come back and attacked him and Agumon after mysteriously disappearing when they we're fighting Puppetmon.
Tai looked at Matt and saw that he now had the key that could open the gate in his hand as though he were about to use it, but that wasn't as upsetting as what was around Matt. There was some kind of dark shadow or dark light that seemed to be radiating from Matt himself.
"Matt you can't do this. Do know how many lives you will be destroying." Tai demand trying to reach his friend.
"That is what makes it so satisfying." Matt replied with a hint of madness in his voice.
Tai was running out of ideas. It was obvious that reasoning was not going to work. Matt reached in his pocket and pulled out the key that would open the gate. He held it in his hand and closed his eyes. The key began to glow a dark light that resembled the light produced by black lights. Tai could feel the wind picking up as the air grew much cooler. Flashes of light would streak the sky then fad followed by the sound of heavy thunder. Tai was so caught up the wonder of the whole ordeal that he almost forgot about his digivice.
Tai garbed his digivice and looked at it. He still wasn't sure how this was supposed to work.
Matt was completely focused on opening the gate, so he didn't realize that Tai was standing right behind him. Tai held up his digivice and a strong light appeared from it.
"What the?!" Matt shouted and turned around ready to strike Tai, but was stopped by the intensity of the light. He fell to the ground dropping the key when he hit the earth.
"Matt I don't want to hurt you, but I can't let you destroy everything that we have worked to protect. You have to fight the darkness inside you, you have to be stronger then it." Tai answered as he bent down to look at his friend.
"Give it up Tai. The only way to stop the darkness is to destroy me. Do you think you can handle that Kamiya? Do you think you can destroy one of your friends." Matt almost threatened.
"No." Tai answered while lowering his hand that held the digivice, the light from it instantly fading. "I won't destroy you Matt." Tai answered back strongly.
Matt lifted his head a dark smile was painted across his face. The shadow that had formed around his body grew larger. He held out his hand and the shadow around him formed the shape of a spear. The spear went flying at Tai piercing his heart with pure darkness. Tai fell backwards to the ground, his hand let go of the digivice and it slid about ten feet from where he had landed.
Tai screamed out as pain began to over take his body. He was exhausted and knew that there was no way he could get to his digivice in time.
Matt walked over to where Tai laid on the ground. He held out his hand the clenched his fist shut. Tai was able to see that the shadow had taken on the form of a dagger and Matt held it high ready to send it piecing through Tai's heart.
"It's over." Matt said as he came down with the dagger aiming right where Tai's heart.
"Over for you maybe!" a voice shouted.
Tai looked up to see Matt step back from him, a powerful light was striking him from the front. The dagger shape faded into nothing as the first light was joined by another coming from behind. Soon four more light joined causing Matt to stop his assault on Tai completely.
"Tai catch." Tai stood up and saw TK through his digivice to him. Tai took the digivice and allowed it's light to join the others. Soon the other light began to fade and only Tai was left. Matt was still standing, but he looked very weak, and the shadow around him still had not disappeared.
"I'm sorry Matt." Tai whispered quietly. He rose his digivice and a strong golden, orange light appeared and stroke Matt in the heart. Matt fell to the ground screaming and laughing in pain and insanity. The other digidestined had formed a circle around the two blocking Matt from any escape. The lights from the digivices began to glow the soft color of their crest sending power to Tai's digivice.
Tai held up his digivice and the orange light grew stronger and brighter, attacking Matt from all directions. The light began to force out the shadow that had taken Matt prisoner. The light was so bright that the other Digidestined had to shield their eyes. All they could here was the sound of the heavy wind, the roaring thunder, and Matt screaming. Soon the air became very still as the winds died to nothing. The roaring of thunder could no longer be made out and the light no longer flashed, but the worse part was that Matt's screams had subsided. Tai opened his eyes as the light radiating from his digivice began to disappear into nothing. The others also diverted their eyes to where they had last heard Matt's voice. Silent tears began to fall as all of their eyes lay on the same thing. Matt was lying on his back motionlessly. As far as Tai could tell he wasn't breathing.
Tai walked slowly to where his friend laid and bent down searching for a pulse or any sing of life from his friend. Tears began to fall from his eyes as he realized that Matt his best friend was dead.
Tai was soon joined by TK while the others gathered around them. "Is he…" TK broke off afraid to finish the sentence.
Tai just nodded in response. Tai zoned out after that. It was like the rest of the world had just faded from his mind. Some where in the back of his mind he thought he heard TK cry quietly while Kari tried to comfort him through her own tears. Sora and Mimi were both weeping with Izzy and Joe trying to calm them down, and keep themselves from braking down.
Tai slipped deeply into his thoughts. This couldn't be happening. It wasn't right. Matt didn't deserve to die like this. He was a hero, someone who risked it all to save this world. He deserved to day an old man married with lots of kids, not on a dirt back street at the hands of his own friends. Tai snapped back to reality when he heard everyone stop crying.
The others where all starring at the digivices in awe. Tai turned his eyes to his digivice and saw that it was glowing a very light orange. Then he noticed something else, his chest as well as the others were glowing with the symbol of their own crest. Soon Tai's body seemed to be taken over by some unseen force. He acted pearly on instinct, bringing his hands together and laying them on Matt's chest where his crest would be. Tai closed his eyes and a strange sense of peace over swept him. He didn't notice when his body became covered in a radiant orange light. He also didn't see that Matt's body had become engulfed with a brilliant blue light. His crest of friendship glowing brightly with the others.
As the lights began to fade the other Digidestined noticed that the injuries that the two had acquired during their fight had vanished not even leaving a scare to prove that they once existed. Tai came out of his trance when he felt Matt's chest rising and falling in an even rhythm. Tai opened his eyes and looked down at Matt removing his hands from his chest.
Suddenly a slight moan could be heard escaping from Matt's lips as his eyes began to flutter then open. Matt didn't sit up, but he looked around blinking a few times. "Is this heaven?" he asked quietly with a small smile. Then his eyes fell upon Tai. "Oh, no, I got sent to the other place." Matt said jokingly as he sat up and rubbed his head.
Tai smiled at Matt's joke. "Very funny. Are you okay? You had us worried." Tai said while helping his friend stand.
Matt nodded, but looked away. They shouldn't worry about him. This was all his fault.
Tai noticed that Matt was upset. "Hey don't worry it's over. That darkness isn't inside of you anymore, and even if it was it wouldn't matter because we can help you through anything." Tai said smiling.
Matt looked up with an unsure smile, and reached out his hand. "So does this mean that we're friends again?" Matt asked still ashamed.
Tai reached out his and grabbed Matt's with a huge grin on his face and security in his eyes. "There was never a time when we weren't." Matt smiled and the two wheres joined by the others. They all began to talk. The relief of having Matt safe was comforting. While they were talking Matt's eyes caught a glimpse of something shining. He left the group and walked over to where it was. When he picked up the object the other Digidesitned stopped the celebrating and look at him.
Matt began to zone out as memories began to fill his head. He was brought out of his troubling trance by the feeling of a hand on his shoulder.
"Hey if you ever want to talk about it, I'll listen." Tai said compassionately.
Matt didn't turn around to look at his friend, but answered him quietly. "Thanks Tai, and maybe someday I will."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Well that's it. I do apologize for the terrible ending. This was the first time I ever wrote a fight so I wasn't sure how to go about doing it. I tried to make it interesting, but oh well maybe I'll get better. Please tell me how I can improve my writing when/if you review. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed it.
zoe