Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Dark Key ❯ It's Never Over ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]




Why now



OK this is my first fanfic ever. So please tell me what you think.
This story centers on Matt and Tai from digimon. It takes place right after season 2, but the season 1 characters appear the most. Davis, Ken, Yolie, and Cody may appear, but you want see that much of them. TK and Kari will be appearing a lot. So read and enjoy, I will try to have part 2 out in a week.
Disclaimer: I do not own digimon or any of the characters.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
The Dark Key
Part1: It's Never Over
Why now? I thought it was finally over, that I was finally free. Who was I kidding, freedom is something that I will never know again. The darkness that imprisoned my soul so long ago will never release me. It was my decision. I made the choose. I chose darkness over light, death over life. Sometimes I wonder, if I had it to do over again would I make the same decision? It seemed right at the time, but was it really? These are questions that I will never know the answer to. I couldn't help but fill like a traitor. I thought my past would never catch up with me, but I was wrong. This was something I could never escape. I cringed as the memories filled my head, as I heard the screams again, as I see the innocent blood on my hands. What would the others think of me if they knew the truth? Would they still be my friends if they know what I did, what pain I caused?
Knock….knock!!!
Yamato Ishida pushed aside the thoughts that were plaguing him. Who would be visiting this late? He forced himself up from his seat on the couch to answer the door. Matt stumbled around the dark apartment searching for the door.…Knock…. I'm coming! Matt thought to himself already annoyed by his visitor's impatience. He opened the door to revile a teen-aged boy with brown hair and hazel eyes.
"Tai?"
"Hey Matt."
"What are you doing here?" Matt asked. A little shocked to see his friend at this time of night especial with school tomorrow.
"I just came over to talk….. Aren't you even going to invite me in?" Tai said staring at his friend suspiciously.
"Uh sure, come on in." Matt tried to act casual, but it was hard because he knew what Tai had come to talk about. Matt was actually scared. Tai seemed to always be able to see right through him., and Matt was afraid that Tai already knew his secret. The one he had managed to keep all these years, but now it seemed to be coming out.
Tai walked in and looked around the apartment letting his eyes adjust to the darkness. It was a fairly nice apartment clean and casually decorated.
"Have a seat."
"Thanks" Tai set down in a recliner close to the door. Matt returned to his place on the couch across from Tai. Tai continued to stare at his friend. They both sat in silence for a little while. Neither of them needed to speak, they both knew what was on the others mind. But finally the silence became too much for Matt.
"So what did you come over to talk about?" Matt asked trying to sound like he didn't know.
Tai was silent for a few more seconds then spoke.
"Matt is there something wrong? You've been acting kind of weird lately."
"What are talking about?"
"Don't pretend you don't know what I mean. You missed school today, and TK said that you didn't show up at your band practice. I can understand you missing school, but you never miss your band practice."
Matt didn't answer. He just stared at the floor praying that Tai would just go away. Tai saw that Matt wasn't going to answer so he continued talking.
"Matt whatever is wrong you can tell me. I can help we will all help, after all that is what friends are for."
Matt wanted to die after hearing Tai's last remark. Friends, they are his friends and he betrayed them. But the worse part was he might betray them again. Matt finally answered.
"Tai there is nothing wrong, I've just been kind of stressed that's all."
"Does it have something to do with the dreams?"
"I don't know!!"
"Well do you want to talk about it? You were the only one who didn't share yours with the group."
"Tai it's really nothing. They're just dreams it's not like they're real."
"Well then why are you letting they getting to you if they don't matter? Is there something that you know that we don't?"
"Why are you asking that?"
"Because Matt I know you and I can tell when something's wrong."
"Tai I'm really tiered can we talk about this another time?"
Tai just looked at his friend annoyed. What was he hiding? Matt was never really open with things going on in his head, but lately he seemed so distracted and even a little haunted.
"All right Matt just tell me when you want to talk OK."
"All right I will."
Matt was exhausted; the conversation with Tai had really darned him. He headed to his room and fell into his bed. He really didn't want to sleep, but the exhausted was over powering. Matt's mind drifted off into thoughts he would rather forget. He felt even more ashamed. He was so angry with himself for lying to Tai. He wanted to tell Tai more then anyone about what had happened to him, about what he had done. He knew it would help the pain go away, but he just couldn't bring himself to do it. It was odd when they were younger you would have sworn that Matt and Tai hated each other, which some times they did. But now they are best friends. Tai was like a brother to Matt, they were even DNA digivoleve partners. You definitely wouldn't have guessed that if you were there that one-day, when Matt had metalgarurumon attack wargreymon. That day changed his life, after he made the choose to attack his friends he sealed his fate to darkness. He thought that he may have escaped it and spared his friends from it, but now they will face the darkness. Matt wasn't sure if this was an opponent that they could beat, but they would have to. The consequence are too great if they failed.
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
OK what do you think of it so far? A little weird a little stupid? Well I am going to start on part 2 and I hope to have it up very soon. If you have any comments or questions e-mail me at truthangel43322@cs.com
zoe