Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Great 7 Kingdoms ❯ My Freedom For Her Life ( Chapter 17 )

[ A - All Readers ]

"Thoughts"
"Telepathy"
Chapter 18: My Freedom For Her Life
 
"These guys won't quit!" Tk shouted as he dropped to his knee.
 
Apparently the Kingdom of Hope had Shadow Creatures to spare. As more and more Shadow Creatures came the weaker and weaker Tk and the others got. So far they've been fighting since last night and now it was morning.
 
"Stay strong Tk!" Kevin said as he hardened his grip on the sword
"Fate's Path!"
 
Lionmon took out a few, but a few Shadow Creatures jumped him.
 
"Get off me!"
 
The guardian lion gave a roar, shook them off and flew high into the air. Lionmon turned his gaze to Melanie. She was meditating in the corner of the room, there was also a small force field around her so the Shadow Creatures don't hurt her. Melanie took in deep breath.
 
"Lucy! Can you here me?"
 
SkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragon
 
"YOU GIRLS GOT ATTACKED!!"
 
Everyone was in the dinning area of the palace eating breakfast, and the girls decided to tell the boys what happened last night.
 
"Yeah" Yolei replied
"It's amazing you guys were able to sleep through all the noise we made" Mimi smirked
"Hey!"
 
The girls and digimon couldn't help but laugh.
 
"Lucy! Can you here me?"
"Melanie?"
"Yeah! Listen we need some back up here!"
"Back up? Sure! We're on our way!"
"Thanks!"
 
Lucy opened her eyes and glanced at Dark.
 
"Dark!"
"Huh? Lucy? Why are using telepathy when we're in the same room?"
 
Dark gave Lucy a puzzled look which Rose noticed.
 
"Tk and the others need back up"
"Oh"
 
Dark stood up, catching everyone's attention.
 
"Where're you going?" Rose asked
"I just remembered I forgot something back at my palace"
"What'd you forget?"
"Something!"
 
With that he ran out with DarkGabumon following right behind. Rose glanced at Lucy.
 
"Something's up"
"Hey Lucy!"
"Yeah, Rose?"
"Where's Tk and Patamon?"
 
Soon everyone noticed that the said two weren't present.
 
"Where did they go?" Davis asked
"Um... they're making sure everything is alright in the Kingdom!" Lucy answered
"Ok!"
 
Lucy and WhiteGatomon both sighed inwardly.
 
"Good thing we erased that memory from his mind!"
 
Lucy glanced at Kari.
 
"She didn't say anything about what happen between her and Tk. Wonder what's wrong?"
 
Meanwhile WhiteGatomon was sharing the same thoughts as she stared at Gatomon.
 
"She's probably wondering why Pata went to such a dangerous place. Ooh! I can't wait to play matchmaker!"
 
Meanwhile Kari and Gatomon were lost in their own thoughts.
 
"Tk... what did you mean you couldn't tell me? Tell me what?"
"Pata...why didn't you take me with you?"
 
Davis saw that Kari was depressed.
 
"Hey Kari! What's wrong?"
"Nothing"
"You sure?"
"...Yeah"
"Are you really, really, really, real-"
"I said nothing's wrong!"
"Geez Kari! You don't have to shout!"
 
Kari just glares at him. Davis was shocked to see this.
 
"Kari..."
 
Davis didn't get a chance to say what was on his mind seeing as how Kari ran out of the room with Gatomon close behind.
 
"Davis..."
 
Davis turned his head to see Tai, Mimi, and Yolei giving him a death glare.
 
"Aahh!"
"What did you say?"
"Nothing! I was just asking her what was wrong since she looked so down!"
"Davis..."
"Hey! Wait a minute!"
 
Davis was soon a punching bag for the three.
 
"She looked down huh?"
 
Lucy glanced at WhiteGatomon and smirked.
 
"You thinking what I'm thinking?"
"Yup! It's time to have some fun!"
 
Lucy and WhiteGatomon stood up and walked off in the direction Kari ran off in.
 
SkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragon
 
Aquamon and Lillymon eyes widened as a pair of feet landed near the edge of the lake. In front of them was none other then Henry.
 
"H-Henry?"
"Hi"
 
The greeting made a chill run up both guardians' backs. Henry's voice... held no emotion what so ever.
 
"And good-bye!"
 
Aquamon and Lillymon turned their heads to see a figure floating in mid-air. He was wearing a black cloak, it's hood over his head, and white fox mask hid his face.
 
"What do you mean good-bye?"
 
The figure points to Henry. The guardians turn their attention back to Henry only to see he was soaring through the air, his sword in hand.
 
"What the?"
"Henry?"
 
The two tried to escape but the cloaked figure stopped them.
 
"Shadow Paralysis!"
 
Aquamon and Lillymon both froze.
 
"W-what's going on?"
"I... can't move my body!"
 
The cloaked figure smirked.
 
"Shadow Paralysis, leaves your enemy stunned and open to attacks."
"Oh no!"
"Henry, snap out of it!"
 
But Henry wasn't listening, all he did was bring his sword down once he was in range.
 
SkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragon
 
"Melanie! What are you doing? Get back in the force field!" Kevin shouted as he watched her running up to him.
"Don't worry! I can fight too!"
"Fine but be careful!"
 
Tk and Lionmon smirked at Kevin's overprotectiveness.
 
"Someone's getting overprotective"
"Shut up"
"Touche!"
 
SkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragon
 
"Kari? Are you alright?"
"...Yeah"
"You don't sound alright"
 
Lucy sat down beside Kari. They were in the garden, a different part then where Kari and Sora were before. They were in an area with all sorts of flowers and digimon everywhere.
 
"Why did Tk go to the Kingdom of Hope?"
"He had to take care of some business"
"What kind of business?"
"Retrieve Kevin and Melanie"
"Retrieve? You mean they were kidnapped?"
 
Lucy nods her head
 
"Why?"
"They were really close to figuring out what the Dark Lord's been planning and he didn't want them to finish their research"
"Oh"
 
Kari picks a flower and hugs it close to her chest.
 
"Lucy, can I ask you a question?"
"Shoot"
"What were you dreaming about last night?"
"Huh? Why do you wanna know?"
"Well, this morning when I woke up, you looked like you were having a nightmare"
"Oh... I was just dreaming about... what happen the last time I was at the Kingdom of Hope"
"What happen?"
 
Flashback
 
"Another boring meeting!" Henry said as he fell dropped onto the garden grass
"Everything is boring to you!" Lucy smirked
"Same with them" Henry replied pointing towards the guardians
 
Lucy looks over and sighs. WhiteGatomon and Patamon are in Tk's arms, the three were sleeping in the shade of the tree Tk was leaning against.
 
"Oh well! Might as well join you"
 
She lays down beside Henry and places her head on his chest. The two were about to fall into dreamland when they heard an explosion, causing the guardians to jump up in shock.
 
BOOM
 
"What was that!"
"It came from the town"
"Come on!"
 
On the way to town, WhiteGatomon and Patamon transformed into Angelmon and Lionmon, while Tk and Henry drew their swords.
 
"Prince Henry!" a digimon called out, "Prince Henry there are these black things all over town!"
"Black things?"
"Um... you guys? I think he's talking about them"
 
The guardians and Henry turned their attention to where Lucy has hers. There were a few black figure that was high as Henry's chest, yellow eyes that stared them down, razor sharp claws, and was giving off a dark aura. (AN: I just noticed that I never described what a Shadow Creature looked like sooo... now you know!)
 
"What are those guys?"
"Call us Shadow Creatures"
"Shadow Creature?"
"Yes"
"What do you want here?"
"Nothing, just following orders!"
"Who's orders?"
"Mine!"
 
All heads turned to a figure standing on the roof of a building. He was wearing a black cloak, it's hood over his head, and white fox mask hid his face.
 
"Who are you? Why are you doing this to my Kingdom?" Henry demanded
"You may call me, Dark Lord; As for my reason being here, this place shall be my fortress, we just need to get rid of you."
"Fat chance!"
"Have it your way. Shadow Creatures, take them out!"
"Yes, sir!"
 
The Shadow Creatures advanced on them.
 
"Get ready you three! Lucy stay close!"
"Right!"
"Got it"
"Sure!"
"K!"
"Shadow Force!"
 
The combined attacks formed a huge black orb and was thrown at the five.
 
"Fate's Path!"
"Sphere of Light!"
"Hope's Arrow!"
 
Tk and Angelmon's attack cancelled out the Shadow Creatures leaving them wide open for Lionmon's attack. The Shadow Creatures disappeared as the attack made contact.
 
"Yeah!"
"Great job!"
"Don't start cheering just yet"
 
Dark Lord jumped of off the building roof and onto the ground.
 
"Dark Dream!"
 
Everything went black.
 
"What's going on?"
 
"STOP!"
"NO! DON'T!"
"CUT IT OUT!"
 
The darkness was soon lifted but Lionmon, Angelmon, and Tk were on the ground unconscious.
 
"Tk! Lionmon! Angelmon! What did you do to them?"
"Don't worry. They're just living out their worst nightmare, over and over again!"
"Why you-"
"H-Henry"
 
Henry turned around to see Lucy barely able to keep on her feet.
 
"Lucy! Are you alright?"
"Y-Yeah, I was able to cancel it with my magic but not completely" She said glancing at the guardians
"Magic? So you're Princess Lucy of the Kingdom of Light? I better get rid of you before you become a nuisance in the future" Dark Lord said as he approached
 
Henry pushed Lucy behind him and brought his sword up.
 
"Not another step!"
"Boy, you dare appose me!" Dark Lord shouted but Henry stood his ground, "Very well. I'll make you a deal"
"A... deal?"
"I spare your life and I take the girl"
"No" Henry didn't hesitate
"Then you parish"
 
He raised his sword and, as he did it glowed in black color then he-
 
"Stop!"
"Lucy?"
"I'll make you a deal!"
"What?"
"What!"
"I'll go with you just don't hurt Henry"
"Only a pure of heart would sacrifice themselves for those they love." Dark Lord smirked behind his mask, "Those are the ones I hate!"
 
He brought down the sword but it only hits the ground. Dust and wind kicks up as it hits the ground.
 
"Yes! Feel my dark aura!" Dark Lord exclaimed
 
Henry and Lucy sits up from where they laid, Henry pulled himself and Lucy out of the swords path just in time.
 
"Now what, Henry?"
"I have an idea"
"What is it?"
"Here
 
Henry handed Lucy an envelope.
 
"What do I do with this?"
"You open it when you get to your kingdom"
 
Henry stood up and walked up to the Dark Lord.
 
"What are you trying boy?"
"I'll make you a deal"
"And that is?"
"Take me and leave Lucy alone"
"Henry!"
"Why would I want you?"
 
Dark Lord then noticed the crown on Henry's head.
 
"Prince Henry of the Kingdom of Hope?"
"If I get a hold of this boy and destroy this kingdom then the prophecy might..."
 
"Do we have a deal?" Henry asked
"Henry! What are doing? Stop it!" Lucy pleaded but Henry kept his back to her.
"Well?"
"Deal!"
End Flashback
 
"... I had no idea" Kari said quietly
 
Lucy had begun crying halfway through telling the story.
 
"Lucy... I'm curious. What was in the envelope?"
 
Lucy hands Kari a folded piece of paper. Kari unfolds it and begins to read.