Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Great 7 Kingdoms ❯ Let Your Heart Speak, Not Your Mind ( Chapter 16 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Lord Patamon helped me make this chapter so if you find that one part of the story has a different style from the rest then that's the part Lord Patamon wrote! Credit belongs to both of us!
"Thoughts"
"Telepathy"
Chapter 17: Let Your Heart Speak, Not Your Mind
 

"Man..." Henry groaned, "My head is pounding!"

"Henry? Why...why are you a Shadow Creature?" Lucy asked as she took a step forward.

"Wha...you...you know my name?"

"Of course I would know your name, you're my best friend"


"What are you waiting for?! Transform back into a Shadow Creature and eliminate her!"

"But, Master..., she knows my name"

"So!"


 
Meanwhile on the other side of the room, the other girls were trying to figure out what was going on.
 


"Henry?" Yolei scratched her head

"He's Henry? But why is he a Shadow Creature?" Sora wondered

"AAAHHH"

"Lucy!"

< /div>
 
They turn their attention back to the couple to see that Henry had unsheathed his sword. He had Lucy pinned to the wall and held the sword to her chest.
 


"Henry!" WhiteGatomon yelled, "What are you doing!"
 
Lucy looked at him in fear.
 
"Henry..." She whispered as she looked into his eyes trying to reason with him.
 
Henry just glared back.
 
"My Lord opened my eyes to the truth! You're all a menace to the kingdoms!" He yelled slowly pressing his sword further into her chest.
"That is not true! He lied to you, Henry you have to believe me, he lied to you!" Lucy said desperately as tears rolled down her cheeks.
"Hope's Paw!"
 
WhiteGatomon charged at Henry but he easily whacked her away and returned his attention to Lucy.
 
"I will not believe your lies! Now I will finish you all in the name of my Lord!"
 
He was about to drive the sword deeper into her chest but something stopped him. He started to struggle as the symbol of hope on his armor was glowing faintly trying to stop him.
 
"W-What the...? Why can't I finish her?"
 
Henry lets her go as he grabbed his head. Lucy looked at him and touched his shoulder but he whacked her hand away and got up to then walks up to the window but stopped and looks back at them.
 
"Consider yourself lucky today! Next time you won't have the same luck!" He said and then he leaped out the window and landed on a digimon's back and flew off.
 
"Henry! Wait!"
 
She called for him but was too late, he was gone. Lucy just slumped on the floor with tears on her eyes. Sora, Yolei, and Mimi went to comfort her, everyone was confused about all this, and how could Henry become a Shadow Creature?
 
SkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydrago n
 
"So, Reppamon, what does this scarf do?"
"We aren't sure but we think it's able to contain the powers of darkness"
"Contain..."
"The powers of darkness?"
 
Louis and Amber stared at the scarf then to the fox digimon.
 
"But..."
"But what, Louis?"
"Why is it in the form of a scarf?"
 
Louis was reward with a hit from the back of the head thanks to Amber.
 
"You shouldn't ask why!"
"I just wanted to know!"
 
Reppamon couldn't help but laugh
 
"It's alright, Amber! A for your question...well I'm guessing it's because it would be least expected and the last thing the Dark Lord would think of"
"Oh! I get it!" Amber said snapping her fingers
"You do? Could you explain it to me then?"
"Well... let's see. What's the first thing that comes to mind when you hear 'contain evil'?"
"Sword"
"Really? I was hoping you'd say light"
"Why I take over Amber?"
"Thanks Reppamon!"
 
Reppamon gave a nod
 
"It's like this Louis you know how a sword is used to protect the ones you love?"
"Yeah"
"Well, the Dark Lord is looking for things that can protect the light. Weapons, digimon, crests, digieggs. He's eliminating anything that he thinks can fight back, but a scarf..."
 
Louis' eyes widen
 
"A scarf is a piece of clothing"
"That's right."
"So how does it contain the power of darkness?"
"That's what were going to find out"
 
SkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydrago n
 
"Where are they, Tk?"
"I'm not sure! But right now, we should focus on the situation we're in. Sphere of Light!"
"Fate's Path!"
 
Unfortunately, while sneaking into the palace a guard spotted Tk and Lionmon and had called backup. Now the two guardians were fighting off countless Shadow Creatures.
 
"Geez! They just keep coming!" Tk shouted as he saw more Shadow Creatures heading their way.
"We can't stay here! We have to find Melanie and Kevin!"
"I know!"
"Fate's Path!"
"Sphere of Light!"
 
SkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydrago n
 
Kari opens her eyes as a beam of sunlight hits her face. She stretches her arms and glanced out the window. The sun was beginning rise. Kari's eyes went over to her friends who were still sound asleep. Sora, Yolei, Mimi and the digimon were sleeping peacefully; but Lucy... she a grim expression as she slept, as if the princess was having a nightmare.
 
"You're awake, Kari?"
 
Kari turns her head to see Gatomon stretching.
 
"Yeah..."
"You're worried about Tk, aren't you?"
"And you're worried about Lionmon."
 
Both girls sighed.
 
"I wonder why they had to go to the Kingdom of Hope."
"I just hope they're alright"
"Same here, Kari"
"Morning Kari, Gatomon"
 
The two holders of light turned their attention to Sora, who was rubbing her eyes.
 
"Good Morning"
"Sora?"
"Yeah, Gatomon?"
"What happen here?"
 
Kari and Gatomon just noticed that the room they're in was trashed. (talk about oblivious to the obvious) The other girls shifted in their sleep to get a comfortable position.
 
"Why don't we talk outside? We don't want to wake them up."
"Sure"
"Ok"
"Come on. I'll explain on the way"
 
Sora and Kari changed out of their pajamas and into a casual outfit and headed outside with Gatomon following. Unknown to the three WhiteGatomon had awakened a while ago and heard the conversation.
 
"So...they miss Tk and Pata. This she be interesting"
 
With that she ran off to follow staying out of sight but within earshot.
 
SkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydrago n
 
"Sphere of Light!"
"Fate's Path!"
"They're getting on my nerves!" Tk shouted as more Shadow Creatures kept coming
"I agree!"
"Need a hand!"
 
The two guardians turn to see a boy in armor with a sword strapped to his waist and a crown on his head that had the symbol of Knowledge. He had blond hair with green highlights and blue eyes, it was Kevin. Beside him was Melanie, wearing a tiara that had the symbol of Reliability, unlike the other princess Melanie wasn't wearing a dress instead she was wearing a pair of blue jeans and a blue shirt with what looked like the design of a sea dragon starting from her chest to her waist. She had black hair with blue streaks reaching just past her shoulder and brownish eyes.
 
"Kevin! Melanie!"
"We found you!"
"Don't you mean we found you!" Melanie corrected smirking
"She's right!"
"You won't get out easily!" a Shadow Creature said
"We'll see about that!"
"SHADOW FORCE!" all the Shadow Creatures fired their attacks
 
Kevin drew his sword and pushed Melanie behind him. Some light formed Tk's sword and he grabbed it once it was formed. Lionmon got down low and starts growling
 
"Ready you two?"
"Ready!"
 
Kevin smirked
 
"Then let's have some fun!"
 
SkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydragonSkydrago n
 
"After that Lucy broke down crying"
"So that's why she looked like she was having a nightmare"
 
Kari and Sora are now in the palace garden; they were sitting on the fountain ledge with Gatomon on Kari's lap fast asleep. In the center of the fountain were two angels spitting water through their mouths and atop of the angels was the symbol of Light.
 
"So what happen to Tk and Lionmon?"
"...."
"You don't want to talk about it, huh? I understand"
"Sora... I... I'm so confused"
"What do you mean?"
"It's Tk"
"What about Tk?"
"It's this feeling I get when I'm with him"
 
The older girl gave Kari a confused look.
 
"Feeling? Are you uncomfortable around him?"
"No... I actually feel happy"
"So why are you confused?"
"Because... I can't describe the happiness... and it's not just the happiness I feel"
"Really?" Sora smiled as she caught on
"Yeah, I have all sorts of different feelings but I don't know what they are"
"It's love"
"Huh?"
 
Kari gave Sora a look that said 'what are you talking about'.
 
"Kari, love is a path everyone takes but the route we take is different"
"What do mean, Sora?"
"Love is something that can't be explained. The way it feels to be loved, the way it feels to love someone, and the reason you love someone is unknown."
 
Sora smiled as she picked a rose and twirled it in between her fingers.
 
"Like I can't name a reason why I love Matt."
"Sora..."
"Oh! Sorry Kari! Guess I got carried away for a moment!"
"It's alright!"
"Kari the way you described how you feel when you're with Tk... is the same way I still feel when I'm with Matt."
"So you're saying I love Tk?"
"That's up to you"
"Butt part of me is telling me I love Tk, while the other says I love Davis"
"Do you know which part is your heart and mind?"
"Huh?"
"Do you know which part is your heart and mind?" Sora repeated
"...No"
"Kari all I can tell you is to figure out which is which and listen to your heart."
"But what if my heart is wrong?"
"It won't be wrong because your won't lie"