Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Missing Millionaire ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]

THEMISSSINGMI LLIONAIRE

Sora entered her home & closed the door behind her silently. The redhead stood there silently for a few moments, relishing the cool air on her hot flesh the called out "I'm home!" A maid came running, looking distraught. "Oh," the women began. Sora held up a hand, indicating for her to stop. "Catch your breath first, then tell me whatever it is you're going to tell me." She waited until the maid's colour came back into her cheeks, & then was silent as the older women spoke. "It's terrible, Miss. Your father's gone!"

Sora started. Gone? She must have misheard. "I heard fighting in his room, & went to investigate. It was in disarray, & your father was gone." The maid explained. Sora shook off the urge to fall over. "Go back to your duties. I'll take over from here. You go home." The maid nodded, obviously relived, & left. Sora headed for the kitchen & grabbed the phone. After telling the police what happened, she hung up & sat down to sort out her thoughts. No sooner was she in the chair did the doorbell ring.

Growling a string of curse words, the girl answered it to see her friend Mimi there. "Hi!" the blond exclaimed brightly. The smile quickly vanished as Sora told her what had happened. "But who would kidnap him? He doesn't have any enemies, does he?" Sora shook her head. "As far as I know, no. And he tells me everything." The 2 were silent for a moment, then Mimi suggested "Did you search his room? Maybe there's something there." Sora got up to see instantly, but stopped when a car pulled into her driveway.

"That must be the police." She didn't notice Mimi go pale at the word `police', because her attention was focused on the handsome man who stepped out from behind the wheel.. The driver stepped right up to the girls & asked "One of you Sora Takenouchi?" Sora responded "Me." A look passed between them, a connection. Mimi interrupted it, saying "Shouldn't you tell him what happened Sora?" Sora looked away, flushed. "Right. Follow me, Mr…." "Yagami. Taichi Yagami. You can call me Taichi." The offer was directed at both girls, but was clearly meant for Sora.

The 3 walked up to Sora's father's room, Sora explaining what she knew to Taichi. When they arrived, he whistled. "I knew when you gave your name, it sounded familiar." Sora opened her mouth to say something, but closed it again seeing she had lost the brunette's attention. Mimi caught the disappointed look on her friends face, & was surprised. Sora usually had minimal interest in the opposite sex. Mimi also saw the humor in this. Usually it was men who stared at Sora, not the other way around.

The two girls watched as Taichi examined the room. "He's thorough, isn't he?" Mimi said. Sora nodded dreamily, watching Taichi. Mimi noticed the out-of-it expression her friend wore & grinned, deciding to have some fun with this. "And smart." Nod "And handsome." Nod. Taichi walked over. "Well, I've got some fingerprints, but I'll have to send to the forensics guys to identify, & that could take a few days. Sora asked "Could you speed it up some? The ransom note gives us 48 hours." Taichi looked at her. "I'll try." Gratitude sparkled in Sora's eyes. "Thank you." Taichi nodded. Mimi, feeling left out, piped up

"Well then shouldn't you take the prints to the for-whatever lab?" Taichi looked at her, annoyed. "Can I come?" Sora asked. Taichi nodded, & the pair left. Mimi blinked, surprised & annoyed at the speed with which she had been brushed off. Making up her mind, the blond headed to join Taichi & Sora only to discover they had taken advantage of her lack of presence as an opportunity to get to know each other better.

Taichi had Sora pushed against the kitchen wall, Sora's hands were entangled in Taichi's hair, & they were kissing hungrily. Mimi watched the show for a minute, amused until the doorbell rang. Taichi & Sora broke apart, Taichi swore, & Sora went to answer the door, not noticing how smeared her lipstick was. When she opened the door, a blonde man stepped in, saying "Sora, how nice to see… He trailed off as Taichi came out from the kitchen.

The two men stared at each other until Taichi asked "Who're you?" The blonde replied "Yamato Ishida. Who're YOU?" "My name's Taichi." Sora stepped forward. "Taichi's a….. business associate. My father's missing & he's here to help me find him." Yamato nodded coldly. "I'm sorry to hear that… nice lipstick." Taichi ran a hand across the back off his mouth then looked at the red smear. "I have to go give the fingerprints to the lab for analysis." Giving Yamato a curt nod, he stepped to the door, then turned back & said to Sora "I'll have the results in a day or two." Sora nodded, & the brunette left.

Sora turned around with a sigh. "What was that guy really doing here?" Yamato demanded angrily. Sora glared at him. "None of your damn business! You're not my boyfriend!" The blond grabbed her wrist. "Maybe I should be! Your father might not be in trouble if you agreed to date me!" Sora backed away from him. "Wha, what did you say?" The naturally pale boy went even whiter. "I just meant, if I were your boyfriend, I might have been able to protect him!" Yamato said desperately.

Sora shook her head angrily. "I'm not an idiot, Yamato." He lunged at her. "The I'll have to make it so you don't tell anyone!" Sora shrieked & ducked. Mimi protested as Yamato forced the redhead to the ground "Stop it Yamato! When I agreed to help you get her money you promised no violence!" Under Yamato, Sora stared at Mimi . "You helped him?" Mimi didn't have time to explain because a second later Yamato tackled her to the ground. Sora ran out the door as soon as Yamato was off her. Reaching her car she started it & tore out of the driveway, headed for the police station.

Pulling into the driveway the girl exited her car, looked around to make sure she hadn't been chased, then entered the policed station. Two men looked up as she entered. Sora walked over to them & asked "Have either of you seen Taichi?" "Yeah, he's in the forensics lab. It's down the hall, first door on the right." After thanking them, Sora left. Finding the forensics lab, she pushed open the door. Taichi looked at her in surprise. What're you doing here?" He asked her coolly. Sora told him what had happened. He threw down what he'd been doing & said "Let's go." Sora nodded & fallowed him. "We can take my car."

Pulling into Sora's driveway, the pair walked into the house slowly. Pushing the door open, Taichi walked in calmly, Sora fallowing suit. Yamato turned to them, grinning. Mimi looked at them, terrified, under the gun. Taichi said calmly "Put the gun down," pulling his own out. Yamato shook his head. There was a bang & a flash of bright light, & Yamato dropped both Mimi & the gun. Mimi promptly burst into hysterics. "Calm down," Taichi said, approaching him & pulling out a cell phone. "Calm down!" Sora echoed. `You just shot him!" Taichi shook his head. "Blanks. Make a hell of a lot noise & blood, but that's it." Both girls fell silent as Taichi called an ambulance.

********************************************************

Sora sighed as Mimi finished explaining everything to her. "I understand." Mimi breathed a sigh of relief. "Then everything's alright again." Sora shook her head. "Not everything. Both girls glanced at Taichi, who was talking to one of the men Sora had seen earlier, the one at the desk at the police station. "You really like him, don't you?" Mimi asked. Sora nodded, then left to talk to him without another word. Mimi crossed her fingers. "Good luck."

Sora approached Taichi & the other man. They glanced at her, & the latter left, grinning slightly. Taichi looked at her. "Yeah?" he asked. Sora gathered up her courage, leaned forward, & kissed him. Taichi returned it with a shrug. Both had been sweating, so they both tasted slightly salty, but neither cared.

When they finally broke apart, Taichi asked playfully "What was that for?" Sora returned his grin. "Fun." Then her smile faded. "Seriously, I was kinda hoping that after this was over, we could start a relationship. You saved my father, so I know he'd approve." Taichi hugged the redhead. "Was?" Sora arched her neck & looked up at him. "You can't dream about having something you already have." Taichi laughed, leaned down, & kissed her again.