Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The New adventures of Masked Rider ❯ The Sound of defeat! ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

EPISODE FIVE
 
Davis woke up early, and he and Veemon headed to Edenoi to take part in a small training session from Dex and Lexian. Dex helped show Davis some new moves, and how to keep a calm frame of mind.
 
“Very good, Davis…” said Dex, “You are beginning to understand more and more each time.”
 
Davis and Veemon smiled. They couldn't wait to find out what other new strengths and abilities they would have, but for now, they were just glad to be of help to Earth, and Edenoi.
 
Davis looked up at the red skies of the planet, and began to wonder what if his friends would be able to see this, what would they think? “Especially Kari…?”
 
Lexian was able to see what Davis was thinking, but figured it best not to mention it. “All good things come to he who waits, Davis. You may one yet find that all your dreams will become realties, and some of your realties shall become dreams.”
 
 
Soon, Davis and Veemon teleported back to Earth, a little about a few minutes before it was time to get up, Davis' parents were still asleep, but Jun was wide awake and making her coffee in the kitchen. She never did anything until she got her coffee.
 
She was suddenly distracted by a bright flash of light emitted from her brother's room. She opened the door without even knocking. “Hey, Jun, what do you think you're doing?” her brother snapped.
 
“I… I saw a flash of light and--”
 
“There was no flash…” said Veemon, “You've been sheeing thingsh again.”
 
Jun wasn't sure about that. She knew she defiantly saw a flash of light, and what boggled her even more was why her brother was up at this hour. “Sometimes I think this family is really weird.” She muttered to herself.
 
 
Meanwhile, Cyclopter had a new idea for Count Dregon. “This new idea of yours had better work, Cyclopter.” Dregon said, “My patience is wearing thin.”
 
Cyclopter assured him, “It will succeed My lord.” and he showed everyone images on the screen of an insectotron he himself had made. “The Flyborg. he called it. “It's supersonic wings not only allow it to fly through the air at immense speed, it can generate a deafening high-pitched tone.”
 
“This will distract the Masked Rider, and leave him vulnerable to attack.”
 
Dregon approved this idea, but warned Cyclopter, “Don't fail me, or I guarantee your fate will not be merciful.”
 
Cyclopter grumbled under his helmet.
 
 
Soon Davis was off to school, one more day before the weekend. As Davis made it to school, he saw a lot of the school's cutest couples with sweet new rides and stuff. It made Davis wish he could impress the ladies with Veemon.
 
Chopper-Veemon, and Magno-Veemon would make him the envy of everyone. Girls would want him, and men would want to be him…but… that wouldn't be fair or right. He and Veemon were given their powers for a reason, and it would only be right to use them in times of peril.
 
Just then, Cassie wandered up to Davis from behind, “Hi, Davey...” she flirted.
 
“Hey, Cass…” he responded kindly.
 
She asked if he could walk her to class, and while on their way she asked him, “So, about that Pizza invite? You think you're up for it?”
 
She was still on about that date, which made Davis realize maybe her crush on him was more than it seemed, but before Davis could even speak, Mina butted in before them, “Cassie, are you crazy?” she sneered, “You can't go out with this… this… geek? He's way below you.”
 
Davis' features hardened, “Who are you callin' a geek?”
 
“I'm calling you a geek, so hands off her, Geek!” Mina protested as she tried to get Davis to let go of Cassie's hand. “Mina, lighten up!” snapped Cassie.
 
Mina was shocked to hear Cassie say that, “You can so much better than him. You should be dating a guy like him…!” she pointed over at Ryuji, who was trying to impress some of the other ladies, without much success.
 
That's when he caught sight of Cassie, “Hey there, Princess, what'cha hangin' around this kid for? Care for to take a free ride with the Ryuji-man?”
 
Cassie paused for a minute. “Mmm…uh-- No!”
 
Mina and Ryuji were shocked. “You heard the girl.” Davis said, “And to be honest, Ryuji, I'm not surprised she'd turn a bully like you down.”
 
Ryuji's eyes narrowed, “What did you say?”
 
“You heard me.” replied Davis. “All you ever were famous for was throwing the winning touchdown in last year's football playoffs, but ever since I've known you all you ever do pick on those who make it through life by studying and actually making an effort, just to feel good about yourself.”
 
“Ryuji… you are pathetic, and just lain not worth my time of day. Let's go, Cass…” then he and Cassie walked off together. Lost of the students were laughing at Ryuji, he felt so humiliated, that during his gym period he wouldn't stop punching the punch-bag and almost actually knocked it off its chain.
 
“That goggle-headed--” BAM! “Spiky-haired little--” POW! “GRR! No one humiliates me. He's gonna pay for that.” That was what he wanted, but how to do it was the killer.
 
 
After Davis walked Cassie to class, she pecked him on the cheek, and said, “See ya at the mall after school.” Then she ran off before Davis even had a chance to speak.
 
“Oh, man… what am I gonna do now?” he wondered as he wandered down the hall. He was so lost in his thoughts about his first date, that he bumped into Kari once again, their books fell down, they said sorry, and bonked heads again.
 
As they both headed down the same direction, Davis couldn't help but gaze at Kari, and he caught a quick glimpse of her gazing at him before she quickly turned away and pretended nothing was wrong.
 
Kari was lost in her thoughts, “What am I doing? I should be telling him, but I just can't/ She was suddenly snapped out of her thoughts by Davis asking her, “Kari, is everything okay? You don't look like yourself.”
 
Kari stuttered a little as she spoke, and reached for a doorknob, “Uh… I—I feel fine. Why do you ask?”
 
Davis chuckled a little, “Well, you're about to go into the boy's washroom…”
 
Kari cheeks turned bright red, “Oh!” she giggled a little and then went through the opposite door, into the girl's room. Davis just stood there gazing at the shut door, but then shook himself awake again and headed to class.
 
“Man, that was weird.”
 
Yolei, Ken, and TK saw the whole thing. “They're defiantly into each other.” TK said.
 
Ken and Yolei nodded, but neither one of them knew what to do.
 
 
In class, Davis was really confused. It became obvious that Cassie liked him, much to Mina's dismay, and he still loved Kari. “What am I going to do? What should I do?
 
 
Off near an abandoned skate-park, Cyclopter appeared. “The time has come.” He hissed, and he set his capsule down on the ground and opened it wide which unleashed the monster.
 
“I am… Flyborg!” he screeched. “All will fall at the sound of my SONIC-WINGS!”Fluttering his wings rapidly, the sound was just unbearable. Even Cyclopter couldn't stand this. So he quickly vanished, but reminded Flyborg, “Remember, we need Masked Rider alive!”
 
Flyborg hissed, and took off into the sky with his sonic-sound whining louder than ever.
 
 
Back at school, only one class was left before lunch, when suddenly everyone began to hear a soft screeching sound which began to grown louder and louder, until he students were covering their ears. Some even fell tot heir knees groaning. “AA-AAH!”
 
“What's that sound?”
 
“My ears!”
 
The noise was so unbearable, nothing could be done. The teachers couldn't teach, the students couldn't work. Even Davis was struggling to dim the sound. Then a quick sight of his D3 beeping told him this was no sonic-boom. “Here we go again…” he said.
 
At least with everyone held back by the sound, no one really saw him leave the building. The sound was even more unbearable outside, but it finals topped when Davis had left the school boundaries and saw where it was coming from. “I was right! It IS an insectotron.”
 
“Ahh, Masked Rider…” Flyborg grumbled. “I suppose you know why you are here. So let us drop the speeches and you hand over your powers to Count Dregon.”
 
“In your dreams, Flyborg.” Davis sneered. “Sooner or later, even Dregon will be defeated, just as you will be.”
 
“Wrong answer!” snarled Flyborg, “BROWN STINGERS!” powerful stingers were fired from his backside, and exploded on hitting the ground. “WHOA!” Davis cried as he leapt out of the way.
 
Davis leapt up onto the seats, and decided to kick things up. “Ecto… phase… Activate!”
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
As soon as he was transformed, “A-YAH!” he leapt into battle. Punching and kicking to no ends, and even getting battered a few times himself. “RIDER-PUNCH!”
 
KAPOW! “B-LARGH!” Flyborg rolled on the dirt, and then got up to see Davis charging at him. “Oh, yeah? SONIC WINGS!” his wings began to flap again generating that deafening sound.
 
Even in his suit, Davis grabbed the sides of his helmet, “OH! AAH…! MMM…! That noise!” he groaned. He fell to his knees shaking with pain in his head.
 
This made it extremely difficult for him to get close enough to continue fighting. “Gah, ha, ah, ah… what's the matter? Can't stand the sound?” mocked Flyborg. “Well here… maybe this will make it better-- POISON POWDER!”
 
A noxious cloud of spores blasted right at Davis. He coughed a little and tried to fan it away, “Ugh! What is this stuff?”
 
Flyborg explained that the spores would usually affect Digimon passing by him, “But thanks to Cyclopter's tinkering in my construction, it will slowly start to sap away at your powers, and leave you with nothing to defend yourself.
 
Davis looked at his D3 through the cloud, “He's right! I'm losing power steadily.” He had to think of something and fast…!
 
 
For that matter, Dregon ordered Cyclopter to do something fast too. “Idiot! Fool!” he thundered, “I cannot capture the Masked Rider powers if they have been drained out! The will be useless.”
 
Cyclopter knew he was in trouble now. “I shall think of something, Count. Cyclopter is on the job.” And he began to tinker with the controls. “But first, Masked Rider must get out of the way.”
 
 
Davis tried to fan away the smog, or get out of it's path, but it was everywhere. Plus he still couldn't get close enough to attack Flyborg with his sonic-screech. “I need some protection.” Davis realized. His power had gone down, but he was still strong enough to call Veemon.
 
“Veemon, Rev-up! Mode-Red!”
 
Far across town, in Davis' room, Veemon could somehow hear his call for help, and he immediately teleported and transformed. “Veemon, Rev-change too; Magno-Veemon!”
 
He rushed onto the battle scene instantly, and scooped Davis into him. “You alright, Davis?” he asked. Davis admitted that he was a little weak, “But at least I'm protected from the poison and the noise.”
 
“Nice ride, Masked Rider. Too bad it won't save you.” sneered Flyborg, “BROWN STINGERS!” His stingers were launched, causing a big explosion that blew the cloud away, but Davis and Magno-Veemon had disappeared under the ground.
 
“GRR! So, you think you can delude me do you?” he growled. “Lucky for me I can detect sonic-waves emitted from underground.”
 
He leapt up high into the air, and listened carefully, but continuously flapped his wings causing more sonic-sounds. While under the ground, Davis and Magno-Veemon, using the onboard scanners, could spot Flyborg, but had no clue how to get at him.
 
“Well I can jump out that high.” said Magno-Veemon, “Not in this forum anyway.”
 
Davis couldn't think of a way either, but he knew he had to do something quick or everyone he knew would probably suffer permanent hearing-damage from the sound-waves.
 
Just then, however, “Wait… look!”
 
Flyborg was suddenly losing height, and his wings were flapping slower and slower as the sound began to die out. “Hey! Hey, what's going on!” he cried.
 
 
It was Cyclopter, sending powerful energy-waves from the castle in the Digital-World. They were draining Flyborg's strength “I never thought I would actually one day help to save the Masked Rider.” he muttered in disgust.
 
 
“Davis…” cried Magno-Veemon, “My sensors indicate he's getting weaker. I'll bet you can try and go for him now.
 
Davis wasn't too sure, but, “Let's do it.”
 
POW! They burst through the ground and Davis hopped out. Flyborg turned and saw him. “There you are!” he growled, “SONIC WINGS!” he tried and tried to flap his wings, but no sound was produced. “Come on! What's the matter with these wings.”
 
He wasn't even able to use his “POSION POWDER!” No spores came. “What?!”
 
“Well, it looks like your plan has gone down the drain.” Davis mocked him.
 
“Don't sell me out just yet.” protested Flyborg, “I can still fight you hand-to-hand.” And that's just what he did too. Punches, kicks-- the works. Only, without his sound to protect him, Davis had a better chance this time.
 
“HUGH! RIDER-KICK!”
 
BAM! “EYAH…!”
 
“RIDER PUNCH!”
 
POW! “OHH…!”
 
Flyborg decided, “He who fights and flies away, lives to fight another day.” And he tried to escape into the air. “Oh, no you don't!” growled Magno-Veemon as he raced forward, “MAGNO-CANNON!”
 
BOOM! He fired powerful new cannons on his hood which blew Flyborg down like a plane. “Get him, Davis!”
 
“With pleasure. ELECTRO-SABER!”His sword, once pulled out, he leapt up high, “FIRE…!”
 
KAPOW! “B-WHOA-AAAAH…!” Flyborg was hit, EXPLODED, and was gone. Davis stood proud and tall. “Yet another monster stopped from spreading Dregon's dreaded evil.”
 
 
Despite the fact that Cyclopter had stopped his own monster from destroying Davis, he still failed in his overall objective to take Masked Rider's power… and Dregon still punished him by blasting him continuously with his scepter.
 
“Dummy! Nitwit!” he growled. “I cannot tolerate this incompetence. Your mediocrity exceeds even my lowest expectations of you all!”
 
The minions were shocked to hear that they were being blamed for something Cyclopter failed at, but decided not to argue, especially when Dregon ordered, “Out of my sight! ALL OF YOU!”
 
 
School was canceled for the rest of the day as a lot of the teachers, and even the staff were suffering from bad migraines from those sound waves.
 
Davis headed over to the mall for a much needed soda. He always got incredibly thirst after a good fight with Dregon's creatures. So did Veemon.
 
Kari was there on a shopping spree with Yolei, and poor Ken didn't know how many more bags he could hold-up, he was relieved when they stopped at the food-court for a break. That's when Kari saw Davis sitting by himself.
 
Yolei nudged her slightly, “Go on. What are you waiting for?”
 
Kari twisted her foot back and forth a little, while blushing. “Mmm…! Okay, please don't screw up.” she began to pace towards Davis' table, but someone beat her there; Cassie!
 
“Thought I'd find you here.” she flirted.
 
Davis smiled, “Oh, you did, eh?”
 
Cassie noticed that Davis and his little friend seemed tired. “Think you guys could use a pizza…?” Cassie playfully asked while placing the pizza box she had onto the table.
 
Davis and Veemon's eyes lit up and sparkled for joy. “Has it got pepperoni and anchoviesh on it?” Veemon asked.
 
“Well it's got pepperoni, but we'll have to do without anchovies.”
 
Davis and Veemon dug into it anyways. “Hey? You already took a bite.”
 
Cassie giggled, and three of them all ate up together, but Davis did catch a quick glimpse of Kari just standing there and gazing at them, even though Davis had his mouth full, she smiled at him… sadly though, and walked back to her own table.
 
“Everything okay, Davey?” Cassie asked.
 
Davis shook his head, “No, no… I'm alright.” He said, but he wasn't sure about that. The way Kari had been acting around him, “Is she actually falling for me?”
 
He just didn't know.
 
 
Will Ryuji find a way to get back at Davis…?
 
Will the teachers remember to bring headache pills to school…?
 
Will Cyclopter improve on his new designs of monsters…?
 
And will Kari ever show Davis how she feels…?
 
All this and many more, on the next exciting episode of… MASKED RIDER!