Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The New adventures of Masked Rider ❯ Springing Spider ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

EPISODE SIX
 
It had officially been a week since Davis first received his new powers and responsibilities. He and Veemon had defeated plenty of Count Dregon's insectotrons, but who knew how many more would be sent?
 
The Digital world was still closed off, but Gennai was happy to report that no Digimon were in danger, but he was still working on the problem and preferred to tackle the situation alone-- but he still had no leads.
 
As for the Digi-Destined, and people of the city-- they were still intrigued by this Masked Rider character who always seemed to pop up in time and save the day when no one else could. Yet they still wondered who he was… and Davis was not up to letting that be known.
 
The worst person Davis had to deal with was Jun. She kept going off saying. “He's so cute.”
 
“I gotta' ask him out.”
 
This gave Davis nightmares for days, but he quickly got over them. Besides, he had other things to worry about now. Today was the first day of spring, which meant spring break was just around the corner.
 
One thing he was really looking forward too was the Annual First-Day of Spring Parade held once every year, but it wouldn't start until Noon, and at was still pretty early in the morning.
 
The Motomiya family was up and about, Jun and Davis were fighting over the last waffle. “Hey! Hands off, Squirt!”
 
“No way!” snarled Davis, “You already took more than me.”
 
“I need more, I'm bigger than you!”
 
“Yeah, you're big and round!”
 
Davis got slapped for that, but in the end, Veemon took the last Waffle. “Now let that be a lesshon to you both.” he mocked them as he hopped off the table with his mouth full.
 
After a while, the family had to start getting ready for the parade. Davis' father was going to be in it this year. His catering company had made a float in the shape of a giant loaf of bread with birds on it…
 
The theme represented people feeding crumbs to the birds in spring.
 
As Davis got ready, he began to think, “I wonder if Kari will be there.” So he got up his courage and reached for his D-Terminal, “Maybe I'll ask her to join us.”
 
Join the family, or join him was more like it, but he had no need to send her an email. The minute he opened his D-Termianl, there was already an invite from Kari.
 
“Hi Davis…”
 
“I was wondering if You'd like to hang out with me at the Parade today. Tai's home too, just for the weekend. Hope you can come.”
 
“Love, Kari”
 
She wrote the word “Love” Davis took this as a sign, he just had to say yes to this. It would also be awesome to see Tai again. It had been a long time since he and the Digimon Veterans all went off to college in America.
 
But just as he was getting ready to respond, his cell-phone rang. “Hello…?”
 
“Happy first day of Spring, Davey.”
 
“Oh, Cassie… What's up?” To Davis' surprise, Cassie was calling to ask Davis if he'd like to go with her to the parade. “Me and You? Well-- I, uh…”
 
“Oh, please, Davey.” Cassie begged, and even though he couldn't see it, Davis could tell she had to those lost girl eyes. Davis couldn't refuse and promised to meet her there. By the time he hung up the phone, the family was ready to go. Davis caught up with them, leaving his D-Terminal email unanswered.
 
 
Meanwhile…
 
Dregon and his minions were also observing the festivities. “Very clever.” Dregon hissed.
 
Gork agreed, “What a fool, and yet today…
…he think he can hide in the parade.”
 
Dregon clenched his fist tight, “You'll get away from me, Boy. You can run, but you can't hide!”
 
 
At the Parade, Davis caught a glimpse of Kari and Tai there. “Hey, Davis… what's up?” Tai said as they bopped fists and Tai gave him the traditional noggie. Kari smiled and shook her head in a typical manner.
 
“Some things just never change.” she sighed.
 
That's when Davis suddenly realized, “Aw, snap! I forgot to answer your email, Kari.”
 
Kari didn't mind, that much, “You were probably just too busy.”
 
Then suddenly it got worse, “Davey!” Cassie called as she dashed up to him and collided into him in a huge hug. “Aw, you really came.”
 
“Uh, yeah… just like I said.” Davis answered. Then Cassie began to lead Davis away from his friends, “Come on, I got a great spot for us.”
 
Kari's happiness slowly began to fade, and much to her brother's dismay. “You mean you two aren't even--” he didn't have to finish, the sad look in his sister's eyes was enough for him. Tai sighed hard. He was really hoping that Kari and Davis would've been an item by now.
 
“I don't think he likes me in that way, Tai.” Kari said. “He seems to prefer that girl, Cassie over me.”
 
Tai wasn't sure. Davis was acting a little nervous, and he did catch Davis glance over at Kari several items already. “Kari, you'll never know unless you actually ask him or something.”
 
Kari saw that coming. Almost everyone she knew was aware of her crush on Davis, and gave her the same lecture every time. “Make the first move. Make the First move.”
 
Well, at least she knew wit wasn't too late. Davis and Cassie weren't really dating. She figured maybe she should make her move before it was too late.
 
 
Fact was chirping over and over, “While the boy is at the parade, he is quite vulnerable to an attack.”
 
Dregon rolled his eyes, “Yes, Fact, thank you. Your command of the obvious has much to commend it.”
 
“Thank you.”
 
“Now, does anyone have any suggestions how to trap the boy.”
 
Double-Face has the perfect idea. “Begging your pardon, My Lord, but I believe the best way to capture the Masked Rider is to set a trap for him to bargain with.”
 
Gork sundered up to Double-Face. “A trap, the idea may be sound…”
…But bait for such a trap, you've not yet found.”
 
“Oh, put a cork in it you babbling loony!” snapped Double-Face. “As I was about to say, I believe the perfect bait for the trap would someone the boy really cares about. He would never be willing to risk another's life, preferably someone close to him.”
 
Dregon never heard of an idea so fiendishly clever. “Very well, Double-Face. You may proceed, but on the condition that you take Gork and the Dokogutron as back-up.”
 
“Oh joy with glee…
what a team we shall be.”
 
Double-Face was not impressed whatsoever, but obeyed his Master's wish.
 
“Don't come back unless you have the boy, or the Masked rider powers with you.”
 
 
Soon the parade was moving. Just about everything was there. Horses, Elephants, clowns, baton-girls. Even Davis' father and his bread-float. Jun waved at him endlessly, “Daddy…!”
 
Davis waved at him too. “Lookin' good, Dad!”
 
As soon as Davis got back down from waving, Cassie curled her arms around his arm and rubbed her head slightly on his shoulder. “You having fun, Davey?” she asked for what had to be the umpteenth time.
 
“Yeah, I am actually.” Davis said.
 
Cassie just couldn't stop smoothing him. “Ooh… being here with you on the first day of spring really brightens my day.” She was trying to hint him into a secret message, this made him feel nervous. “Well… how do you feel?”
 
Davis' stomach growled, “I feel like maybe I need a snack.” he said. Cassie giggled, “You and your stomach.”
 
Davis asked if she wanted anything before he ran off, and Cassie said she was alright, so Davis went off to the outdoor food-court by himself, and that's when he bumped into Kari… YET AGAIN!
 
Kari dropped her nachos and soda she just paid for. “Sorry Kari.” Davis said.
 
“Uh…!” Kari stopped him so they wouldn't bonk heads again this time. She still had busies from the first two times. “I'll get it.”
 
Davis still offered to help, but Kari let him go ahead and pay for his stuff. Davis was however kind enough to get Kari another set of snacks. “Um, Davis?”
 
“Yeah…?”
 
“So… are you and Cassie… you know… like… dating or other.”
 
Davis blushed softly, “Uh, no… but I think she wants to. She's been giving me a lot of hints.”
 
Kari felt a little upset that her only chance seemed to be fading. “So…? What if she asks you…?”
 
Davis never thought of it because no girl ever asked him to be their boyfriend before. Cassie was cute, and she was popular, but was she really what Davis wanted, or was he just trying to make her happy. “I… don't know what I'll do… but I better get back to her before she wonders where I am. You know how she gets…”
 
Then he was gone leaving Kari feeling “Stupid, stupid! Why didn't I go for it?” She was so lost in her own thoughts as she walked, she didn't realized she walked round the wrong building and was suddenly face to face by Double-Face, Gork, and a monster that looked like a Dokogumon, but clearly wasn't!
 
She tried to scream, but was grabbed by Maggots. “Scream all you like, little lost girl…
…Now that we have you our plan shall unfurl.” chirped Gork.
 
Double-Face actually agreed with him for once, “Dokogutron, you know what to do with her…?”
 
Dokogutron hissed, “Yes, Master… I will begin. POSION-COBWEB!”
 
“MMM---!” Kari screamed with her mouth covered ash she got wrapped by thick webs.
 
 
Davis got back to Cassie, “Hey, what gives, I missed you.” She teased.
 
“I've only been gone five minutes.” Davis chuckled. Cassie went back to smoothing him, which tickled him a bit, but that could also have been from him guzzling to much soda at once.
 
Just then, the balloon floats started to float through the streets. Giant flowers, bugs, and even Rainbows. Then, Davis gazed up at one of the rose-shaped balloons and could see someone hanging on what looked like Spider-webs. Ah! It's Kari!” he cried, this captured everyone's attention, and the parade was halted.
 
Gasp began to rise up from the crowd, “KARI…!” Tai yelled.
 
Then two figures hopped on the balloon which Davis recognized from the descriptions of Dex, “Double-Face and Gork!” He could tell where this was going to lead, so he began to head off. “Davis, where are you going?” asked his mother.
 
“I, uh… I'm going to go get extra help.” he said and then dashed off.
 
“But Davey…!” called Cassie. He was already out sight.
 
Then Double-Face called out to the crowds, “Now hear this, Masked Rider! Hear this well! We wish to challenge you to a battle, if you refuse then this Earth-girl will be destroyed, and so will others after which.”
 
Davis had peeked from behind an alley where no one else could see him. He knew it was a trap, but he couldn't let Kari fall into Count Dregon's clutches. “Ectophase, Activate!”
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
“Masker Rider! You're time is running out!” snarled Double-Face. “Come out wherever you are.”
 
Then suddenly, “A-YAH! HUP! Y-UP!” Davis came leaping across the other balloons until he reached the one just before the enemies. “You wanted me and here am.”
 
Jun's eyes were filling with hearts and sparkles. “It's him!” she cried. “Hey! Hey! Bug-man!” she called out to him, but Davis took no notice of her. His gazed fell down to Kari, she looked up at him, but couldn't speak with the web over her mouth.
 
“Take a good at her, hero…”
“Soon she will plunge ten yards below.” growled Gork.
 
“Silence you gibbering-jackanapes!” snapped Double-Face. “What Gork says is true, Masked Rider. Either you surrender your powers to Count Dregon, or the girl will be injured, if not destroyed!”
 
Davis gazed down at Kari again, but she was shaking her head trying to tell him, “Don't do it”
 
“Never!” Davis shouted. “I can see the outcome of this battle perfectly clear, and it's not good for you two.”
 
The two villains chuckled, “I never said there were two of us.” said Double-Face. Then he pointed behind Davis, “Huh.?”: he gazed round just in time. “POISON THREAD!”
 
“WHOA…!” Davis dodged out of the way as the blast hit the balloon he was standing on, causing it to fall to the ground and all the people down below began to evacuate the area.
 
Davis landed on the ground safely. “A Dokogutron! I should've known.”
 
The creature leapt down from the balloon she was on, and leapt into battle with Davis. “Surrender, Masked Rider!” she sneered, “What's a mere four limbs compared to eight?” She had a point two, with her extra limbs she was able to hold Davis down and pummel him endlessly.
 
Finally, she threw him hard into a pile of trash-cans. “AH…! OW!”
 
Gork couldn't stop bouncing, “Look at the boy, he's losing bad…
Never so much have ever I had.”
 
“Will you kindly cease that bouncing!” growled Double-Face. “It will only be a matter of time before he gives in. Dokogutron, continue with your attack!”
 
Dokogutron nodded, and then crawled towards the trash-pile, but suddenly. “RIDER-KICK!” Davis caught her by surprise. “ARGH-AAH…!” Dokogutron fell back hard.
 
Davis leapt up from the pile, but his eyes soon gazed up at Kari. The webs that were holding her up were starting to break under her weight. She was really getting scared, “MMM…! MM-MM…!” she groaned.
 
“Kar-- I mean… girlie!” Davis had be careful not to mention Kari's name, but he realized he had to hurry and save her before she dropped. He leapt back up along the balloons, but as he got closer.
 
“POISON COBWEB!”
 
“WHOA…!” he was snagged on his leg by more webs. “Going somewhere?” Dokogutron mocked. The webs were so thick that he couldn't pull free, and Kari's webs were growing even weaker.
 
“Hold on!” he called to her.
 
He thought quickly and discovered one way to get the battle going his way. “Hey Spider-Spit-- Bet you can't hit me in the face…”
 
Dokogutron's many eyes narrowed in anger. “I'll make you wish you hadn't said that, Boy!” she hissed loudly. “POISON COBWEB!”
 
“Now!” Davis cried and he bounded on the balloon, up and out of the way. The web missed its target, and struck Double-Face and Gork instead.
 
“UGH…!”
 
“OHH…!”
 
The villains were covered from head to toe in the goop. “Get this stuff off of me!” growled Double-Face.
 
“I am stuck! What luck!” cried Gork.
 
Not only had Davis managed to stall the villains, but he slipped out of the noose that was lathered round his legs, and not a moment too soon, because Kari's line had snapped “MMM…!”
 
“Hang on!” Davis called as he dove after her, and managed to catch her just before she hit the road. He broke her out of the webs, “Are you okay?” he asked.
 
Kari nodded, and right before she had a chance to thank him, he turned back to face Dokogutron who had leapt off the balloon. “You think it's over…?” she roared. “I'll show you over!” And she began to charge towards him.
 
“No! I'll show you…” Davis snarled. “ELECTRO-SABER!”
 
“Huh? Uh-oh!” cried Dokogutron.
 
“…FIRE!”
 
POW! “NOOO…!” Dokogutron fell over in the streets, EXPLODED, and was gone. Many of the people who had not yet evacuated cheered for joy, but Double-Face and Gork realized it was time to go.
 
“We shall get you next time!” Double-Face threatened.
 
Gork agreed, “We shall strike again somewhere…
…now that we know of the ones you care.”
 
Then they were gone, but Davis just stood tall and proud. “No one defeats Masked Rider!”
 
 
Double-Face and Gork wouldn't stop quarreling. One kept blaming the other for the failure of the mission, but Dregon decided. “As far as I can see, YOU BOTH are to blame!” he thundered.
 
The two minions quivered slightly, and Dregon shouted as loud as he could, “CAN ANYONE DEFEAT MASKED RIDER-----?!”
 
 
That night, The Kamiyas were all gathered at the Motomiyas for dinner. Despite the hard day everyone had, all was well that ended well. Davis, however, took a while to get off the phone with Cassie.
 
She forgave him for just running off and not coming back in time, but she believed him when he told her that he was just trying to help. Finally, he got off the phone, “Whew… that was awkward.” He sighed as he finally sat now… next to Kari. They gazed at each other and laughed softly.
 
Jun however was moping and on the verge of tears, “I can't believe Masked Rider didn't even notice me.” she whined, “I just wanted to get his email address.”
 
Everyone else found it cute, and funny that Jun had fallen for the hero, except Davis, who was still shuddered at that very though of his own sister crushing on him. “Davis…?” Kari asked. “Are you okay…?”
 
Davis turned to face her, and stared deep into her eyes for a moment, “Uh… yeah, sure… I'm fine.”
 
Tai rolled his eyes and sighed, but then he noticed. “Davis, where'd you get bruise on your arm?”
 
Davis's left arm had a small black-blue smear on it, from when he was kicked into the garbage. “Oh, that… I… bumped and scrapped my arm of the side of a building when I made a sharp turn running for help.”
 
Tai believed that, but Davis' family weren't sure it was really that, especially Kari, but she was in no mood for pointing fingers now.
 
A while after dinner the Kamiya's decided to head home. Kari was the last one out the door, and Davis was seeing her out. “You going to be okay?” he asked her, “I saw what happened, and you went through a huge deal.”
 
Kari thought it was sweet that Davis was showing so much care for her, almost as if HE had been the one who saved her. She was blushing softly, and twisting her heels back and forth again, “Yeah… I'll be okay. Thanks Davis.”
 
She began to walk down the hall, but she stopped, and remembered “Show him how you feel before its too late.” And she dashed back towards Davis and brought his lips to hers.
 
Davis was so shocked that he didn't even close his eyes. When Kari separated off of him, she jogged back down the hall to catch up with her family leaving Davis where he was. He just stood there…
 
Did she just kiss me?” he continuously asked himself. “She did…! She DOES like me. What am I going to do?”
 
 
Will Jun ever discover her brother's secret…?
 
Are Davis and Kari the new couple in town…?
 
Will Cassie find out about what Kari did…?
 
And what will Count Dregon be furious about next…?
 
All this and many more, on the next exciting episode of… MASKED RIDER!