Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The New adventures of Masked Rider ❯ Happy Birthday Davis ( Chapter 9 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Author's notes:
 
I'll bet you can all guess where I got the inspo for this one…
 
EPISODE NINE
 
The last week before spring-break was going by pretty quick, which indeed put a damper on some thing for Davis' friends. Friday was a very special, very important day for Davis. It was his sixteenth birthday and they wanted to throw him the biggest and best surprise party ever.
 
…Kari's idea of course, but was being planned by Yolei.
 
Already, all the Digimon veterans would be there, including their Digimon. Gennai had been emailed, and he was more than happen to let the rules slide just this once, but after which, nothing more… it was already growing more and more dangerous in the Digital-World already.
 
Whatever it was, he wouldn't tell them…!
 
The guys wished he would quit all this secrecy and let them help, but in the meantime they were still busy preparing for Davis' party. Yolei already got permission from the principal to use the school's gymnasium for the location.
 
Cody was invited too, even though it was a party strictly for teens, but he'd be a teen himself soon and there was no better time to start absorbing the culture. He was even helping with the decorations on the evening before the party.
 
The basics and essentials were being set up, balloons streamers, banners, real cool music. Snacks and treats for everyone, especially plenty of pizzas would be delivered. The cake, however, was proving to be a bit of a chore…
 
Nobody was particularly good at baking, and they all ended up burning at least three different cakes. The only of them who actually made a big difference was Cody. His grandfather taught him that baking was like martial-arts. “Sometimes you just gotta' feel what you're making, and calm yourself as you prepare.”
 
The others all felt those words just WHOOSH over their heads. That's when TK came back in. He looked as if he had just been slapped in the face, and he really had been. “That was intense.” he groaned, “But I finally dumped Mina.”
 
“How's she take it?” Yolei asked, all TK did was rub the red mark on his cheek where he got slapped, but it was worth it, to him. He came to realize that all she cared about was popularity and good looks, and not inner beauty, and talents. Things that make people special.
 
“I told her I'd rather have many good friends than one snobbish girlfriend anyway.” TK was proud to say. His friends felt touched but right now they had work to do.
 
One of the most difficult tasks they had to try and keep this a secret from Davis, so they never told Veemon about the party either. “He may be sweet, but he's no good at keeping secrets.” said Gatomon.
 
The other Digimon had all their eyes on her with strange expressions. “Gatomon… you just said Veemon was sweet.” Armadillamon teased her.
 
Gatomon winced softly, and blushed a little. “Uh… when I mean sweet… you know what I meant.”
 
“Oh, yes, Dear Gatomon… we all know what you inquire.” Hawkmon teased.
 
Over the days Gatomon acted a little as if she had feelings for Veemon, but it was almost nothing at all like Kari's longing to be with Davis. Gatomon could tell by the look on Kari's face that she was thinking about him right this minute.
 
She had noticed Kari had been really acting like a droopy person ever since her crush on Davis turned to the real thing. Frankly, Gatomon wondered how Kari could ever like Davis. “Guess I don't understand humans.”
 
Still, she wished there was something she could do to help Kari out.
 
 
Meanwhile, Count Dregon and his minions were observing the activates. “Well, now. What do we have here.” Dregon snickered. “A birthday-party for the Masked Rider, is it? How cute.”
 
Gork was jumping with glee. “A birthday for Masked Rider it may be…
…We must send a present, it seems to me.”
 
For once, Double-Face actually agreed with Gork. “Sire, I believe I have just the gift in mind for the Boy. I shall send the Roachenator, and wipe him out for good.”
 
Dregon approved of the idea, “Proceed, Double-Face, and it had better be good.”
 
“At once, Sire!” replied Double-Face as he grabbed the capsule and prepared for his plans the next day.
 
 
Friday at last, and the last day of school before spring-break, and Davis felt fresh as a daisy. Not just he fact that there would be no more school for a week, but here he was, sixteen years-young, and at the top of his league-- Whatever that was…!
 
But, the happiness wasn't to last all that much. He had no idea of what his friends were planning, and even when he called Cassie, she never answered, but Text him back saying that she was thinking of something really big right now, and she needed to think of it alone.
 
Then it got worse when he walked up to Yolei and asked, “Know what day it is?” he was trying hint her on about it being his birthday. “Sure Davis… it's Friday.” She teased, Davis still didn't go away, “No, no… try harder.”
 
Suddenly, Yolei looked real worried, “Oh my gosh! I totally forgot. Today's my third year anniversary since Ken and I started dating. I forgot to buy him a gift.”
 
Davis' lips curled into a-- how to put it… a sneer in the dumps. It was obvious to him that Yolei had forgotten it was his birthday. “Forget it…” he spoke softly, and then began to walk away.
 
Yolei could really feel the sense of pain and sadness coming from Davis, she hated having to lie to him like that.
 
TK, Ken, and Kari passed by him as they approached Yolei, and tried to say Hi to him, but all Davis could say was, “Whatever…!”
 
Ken knew that look anywhere, he remembered the times it happened the way his parents always fussed over Sam. “He think we've forgotten, doesn't he?”
 
His girlfriend nodded, “I never saw anyone look so bummed in my life.” she said.
 
TK knew how Davis felt. He always had his share of surprise parties. He always started out with a slump, but ended the day with a grin. “He'll be alright until tonight. I know he will.”
 
Kari gazed up the hallway, but she couldn't see Davis anywhere, but she did hope TK was right. She didn't want him to be gloomy like this all day.
 
Still, soon school was out, and Davis wasn't feeling any better as he walked through the lonely park and out onto the drylands by the dirt hills. “I don't get it.” he said to himself, “They've always known when my birthday was. How could they forget today…?”
 
Then suddenly he began to think that maybe they didn't forge. Maybe… they just didn't want to remember-- sort of a payback for all the times he ditched them to go fight Dregon's evil.
 
Davis sat on a rock and gazed at his D3 on his wrist. He didn't rightly know who was the bigger creep. Himself, or his friends not remembering his birthday. “I should've just stayed in bed today.” he sighed as he threw a small pebble.
 
The he was suddenly brought out of his dumps by the appearance of Dregon's minions. “Happy Birthday, from Count Dregon, Masked Rider. We've come to throw you a party!” Nefaria hissed.
 
Davis sprung to his feet, “Great! Just what I needed!”
 
Double-Face was given the signal, “Prepare yourself Masked Rider, for here is your gift.” He mocked him, “Come forth, Roachenator!
 
KAPOW! Down on the ground where Davis was, a monster in the shape of a Roachmon appeared. “Greetings, Masked Rider!” he hissed as he flexed his many arms. “You know what they say-- four arms are better than two. Eh, ha, ah, ah, ah…!”
 
Davis clenched his fists tight. “We'll see about that…!”
 
“Ectophase, Activate!”
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
Once transformed, Davis leapt for the monster. “KE-YHOA… AH!” But Roachenator easily caught his fist in two of his massive arms and with his other free arms, he gave him a swift, “ROACHENATOR EXTERMINATE!”
 
“AH…!” Davis rolled along the ground, but got right back up again, but the fight seemed a little one sided. With four arms always free, Davis was at a serious disadvantage. All his attacks were blocked off, while Roachenator always had at least one free arm to hit him back. Even when Davis managed to grab onto all four arms, “Give up yet?”
 
“Give up…?” Roachenator teased, “ROACHENATOR FLYSWATTER!” and he kicked Davis with his feet sending him rolling again. “AH-HOA-HOA…! More like Give down.” Davis groaned as he got up again.
 
“Aw, here Masked Rider… maybe a birthday gift will make you feel better.” Roachenator mocked him, YARD SALE BOMB!” At the call of his words, various objects fell from above and bombarded Davis like a meteor swarm. “WHOA… AH-OHH…!”
 
Dregon's minions had never had such fun and excitement since… ever! “Well done Roachenator.” Double-Face called.
 
Gork couldn't stop jumping, “I can't barely contain this glee…
…Watching Masked rider all to his knee.”
 
Davis felt a little dizzy and swayed a little as he got back up, “Ah, man!” he groaned. “This is so not the way I wanted to spend my birthday.”
 
Roachenator couldn't agree more. “Would rather have spent it in a pile of trash?” he hissed, “GARBAGE DUMP!” And he began to throw wads of sludge and other trash at Davis, who leapt up high and out of the way. “Not this time, pal!” he growled. “Time for RIDER PUNCH!”
 
WHAMM! Right on the head. “G-AAH!” Finally some damage was dealt back, and Davis had found his opening. “You may have four hands… but you don't have four long arms.”
 
Dregon's minions began to feel their chances of wining starting to drop, but Roachenator wasn't giving up yet. “You're sneaky, Masked Rider! Like on Birthdays, I'm full of surprises too.”
 
He rushed back into battle, and this time, things seemed a little more different. Davis managed to stay on his feet, and land many successful hits.
 
“This is not good!” Cyclopter growled. “Nefaria… send in some Maggots!”
 
Nefaria was planning to in the first place, “Don't ever tell me what to do again!” she growled as she unleashed her fighters. Roachenator was not impressed, “Hey! No fair, I was going to beat him on my own.”
 
“Well… it looks like you've just been crashed.” Davis teased, and punched the monster away from him, giving him a clear opening with the Maggots. “Ugh! I hate party crashers.” Davis growled. “Time to teach these guys a lesson for messing up my birthday. ELECTRO-SABER!
 
The Maggots took one look at the glowing sword, and began to back away cowardly. “Oh no you don't!” Davis called at them and he chased after them slicing through each of them as he passed. They melted to nothing.
 
Nefaria roared, “WORTHLESS CREATURES!”
 
“Don't worry… he's all mine!” growled Roachenator as he charged with his four fists flying rapidly. Davis turned, “Huh! Oh no you don't! A-YAH… HUGH…!” he expected Roachenator would think he was going to leap up and fire at his head again, but Davis actually skidded under his legs. “Hey! What the--” and aimed for his backside, “…FIRE!”
 
KAPOW!” “GLAAAAH… PARTY POOPER!” He fell over, EXPLODED and was gone. Leaving Dregon's minions to retreat. “We'll be back Masked Rider!” shouted Double-Face. “Mark our words!” added Cyclopter.
 
Then they all vanished leaving Davis to stand tall and proud, “That'll teach them to mess with Masked Rider on his Birthday.”
 
 
When the minions arrived back at the castle, Dregon didn't stop insulting them. “Dummies! Nitwits! INCOMPETENT FOOLS! You will all suffer dearly for this blunder!”
 
The other minions tried to vouch that it was Double-Face's idea, Dregon didn't care. “I'll get you yet, Masked Rider! Just you wait!”
 
 
That night, Davis got home to find that Veemon, and his whole family were not there. Just a note saying where they had gone, to the school, and he should meet them there. When Davis arrived, he made it to the gym to wonder. “Hey! What's going on? Why's it so dark in here?”
 
Then, suddenly, the lights flick on. “SURPRISE---!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, DAVIS!!”
 
Then Davis' friends jumped out from behind the door and threw confetti all over him. Davis felt like he was going to faint, “Ah, man…!” and he group hugged his friends warmly. “And hear I thought you guys didn't give a…”
 
TK playfully bopped him on the shoulder, “Oh, Davis… why would we want to do that to our best buddy?”
 
Davis was speechless for a brief moment, but then the music started jamming. “Let's party!” he shouted, and everyone began to dance like it was a grand festival. Snacks and pizzas for everyone… Cody's cake was the best part.
 
Davis even got to dance a little with Kari, and even a slow dance or two.
 
 
Later that night, Davis was at home all partied out. “What a night?” he sighed softly. “The best super-sixteen, any guy could have.”
 
 
As for Kari, she was a little wiped out too, but she really had fun that night. Especially getting to dance with Davis. It was then, that she decided to ask him to be her boyfriend…
 
So she called him on his cell, feeling it was better than an email. Davis answered it right away…
 
 
“Kari… what's up?” he asked.
 
Kari sounded a little nervous, and stuttered a lot as she try and spoke, but Davis had to put her on hold when a knock came at his bedroom door. “Cassie…?”
 
“Hey… Davey.” Cassie spoke softly.
 
Davis felt a little nervous having her come into his room like this, obviously Jun had let her in. “Say… what are you doing here so late. Won't your parents freak?”
 
Cassie assured him that would happen. It was the weekend, and spring break. She was allowed to stay up past her curfew. “Besides… I did a lot of thinking today, remember?”
 
“Well… yeah, and what about?” Davis wanted to know. That's when Cassie sundered up to him. “Davey… I don't care what other people think of you.” She moved closer towards his face. “… I wanna be with you.” and she kissed him.
 
Davis stood there almost completely frozen, and he had completely forgotten that Kari was on hold. Cassie broke away from Davis just to wish her new boyfriend “Happy Birthday, Davey.”
 
 
Is this really the end of all of Kari's hopeof a romance with Davis…?
 
Is Davis happy about having a new girlfriend…?
 
Will Dregon decide to ever through another party…?
 
And will Dregon's minions decide to become party animals from now on…?
 
All this and many more, on the next exciting episode of… MASKED RIDER!