Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The New adventures of Masked Rider ❯ Sweet and Foul! ( Chapter 10 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

EPISODE TEN
 
Another day in Obadia, and Davis was walking to the café when Cassie approached him from behind and pulled him into on often those playful spin-walks. They both laughed together, but someone else wasn't laughing-- Kari looked as if she had lost half of her heart…
 
Cody was with her, “What's going on with them?” he asked about Davis and Cassie.
 
“Oh, didn't you hear…? They're officially a couple now.” Kari said softly, yet sadly.
 
Mina stormed by, angrily of course. “Oh no they're not! Not when I'm through with them.” Kari and Cody rolled their eyes. Mina still hadn't gotten over TK dumping her, but now she was madder that Cassie chose to be with a geek like Davis.
 
It was in vain that Mina tried to break them up and get Cassie to come to her senses. “Cass… you can't! I won't let you do this! It's bad enough you won't help me get TK back, but--”
 
Cassie just rested her head on Davis' shoulder, “Mina, lighten up, and let me be happy? It's not just me and Davey, but a lot's going on, it's the first Saturday before Spring-break.”
 
Davis hushed his girlfriend, “Easy, Cass. Let's just go somewhere more private.” Cassie agreed, and they walked off holding hands, but Mina still refused to let it go. “Oh, now you're holding his hand… you're ruining the image of cool-kids.”
 
Mina suddenly stopped when she saw TK. “Mina… back off!” he sneered at her, “And you wonder why I dumped you…” and he began to walk off with Davis and Cassie, leaving Mina feeling so humiliated.
 
“Hey, thanks, man…” Davis said, “Oh, you remember Cassie? We're… uh…”
 
TK smirked, “Yeah, I heard. Congrats.” He sounded a little more as if he was shocked than happy, but that's when Cassie pulled Davis by the arm, “Come on, Davey. Movie starts on five minutes.”
 
“Whoa!” Davis began to run as his girlfriend pulled him along, “Later, TK…!”
 
TK waved until they were out of sight, but figured maybe Kari would need some comfort now.
 
 
Meanwhile, Count Dregon was holding another meeting. “If it weren't for Masked Rider, I'd be absolute ruler of all by now.” he hissed for the umpteenth time. “I want that meddlesome boy destroyed, and his powers for my own soon! Well…! Any suggestions?”
 
Cyclopter stepped foth, “I have one, Sire.”
 
“Well… get on with it.” Dregon bellowed.
 
Cyclopter explained that he had been working on an insectotron with the power to not only make the opponents woozy, “But one prick of its stinger will paralyze anyone. Even Masked Rider will not be able to move.”
 
Cyclopter then turned to face the big doors which were creaking open, “May I present… Honey-Beetron.
 
The monster hovered in, and as cue as she first appeared, she was really a wicked being with nasty sting indeed. “Honey-Beetron, at your service.” She snickered as she bowed to her Count.
 
Gork couldn't help but laugh, “Ha, ha, ho, ho, it is rather funny…
… but what good is a monster that deals in honey?”
 
Honey-Beetron didn't like the sound of his laughing. She felt so insulted, “PARALYZE STING!” she shot Gork with a powerful shot, and he froze instantly, to everyone else's amazement.
 
Gork tried and tried, but he couldn't seem to move. “I… I am stuck…
…What horrible luck!”
 
“Humph!” sneered Honey-Beetron. “Now that we're through with the appetizer, I'm still hungry for a main course.”
 
Dregon chuckled with wicked glee. “You may proceed, Cyclopter.”
 
Cyclopter bowed, “I will not fail you this time, My Count.”
 
 
Kari felt pleased that all her friends were showing their support for her, but she really wished they'd stop fretting over her. “Really, you guys, I'm okay.” she said.
 
Yolei didn't believe her, but, “If you need us, we'll all be here for you.”
 
Everyone nodded, and Kari actually smiled. She felt glad to have such good friends, and she never planned to be mean to Davis or anything. It wouldn't be fair. “I wonder if he really is enjoying time with Cassie now?” she wondered
 
 
Davis and Cassie were at the movies as they planned, and Cassie up for some super-romance flicks, the kind that would normally, and effectively DID put Davis to sleep, but Cassie figured it was cute, the way Davis would struggle to stay awake, and then suddenly his eyes would close again.
 
She pecked him long on the cheek. “You okay, Davey…?” she whispered.
 
Davis rubbed his sleepy eyes, and creased her face, “Sorry… you know how I get with these movies.”
 
Cassie giggled, “Well, if it bothers you that much, you could at least get us some snacks.” She flirted with him. Davis smiled slyly and got up to head for the lobby, but he decided to hit the rest room first.
 
While on his way, he smelled something pretty sweet. “Mmm… whatever that is, it smells wonderful.” Then he went inside, only to come out again to notice all the people were walking around and looking kind of dopey, and groaning with goofy looks on their faces… as if they were going t faint any second. Even the people at the stands, and ticket-counters were already down into some kind of drunkenness.
 
“What's with everyone?” Davis wondered, “Whoa…!” suddenly he began to feel a little light headed. “Hey!” he groaned as he tried to hold his breath, “It's… gotta… be the smell!”
 
Whatever the smell was, it was so sweet that it was consuming the air, sending everyone into a dopey-daze. “I… gotta… get outta' here!” and he dashed outside where the air was cleaner. He panted heavily trying to catch his breath.
 
Then he suddenly realized, “Oh, no…. Cassie still in there.”
 
That's when someone called to him, “Your friend is perfectly fine, Masked Rider.”
 
Davis gazed up above and saw, “Ah! An insectortron…!”
 
The monster sniggered wickedly, “My name is Honey-Beetron, and I've come to destroy you and take your powers with me to Count Dregon.”
 
Davis clenched his fists, and at first thought he couldn't transform because there was too many people around, but he suddenly sniffed the air, and realized the sweet smell was outside too making everyone around him fall into a daze. A perfect opportunity “Ectophase, Activate!”
 
MAKSED RIDER…!
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
As soon as he was transformed, “HI-YAAH!” he leapt up, up, up to the roof of the theater, with the monster following him, but Honey-Beetron only laughed, “Run, run as fast as you can…” she mocked, “You can escape my SWEET-SPRAY!”
 
So many pollen-spores flew at Davis, “Ohh…! Ah!” it didn't hurt him at all, but it did start to make him feel hot, and drowsy. “Ah! Not, again!” Davis groaned, “Gotta be strong…!”
 
He tried to dash forward and attack with all his might, but he already fell to his knees. “Oh! Mmm!”
 
“Ha, ha, ah, ah, ah…! Oh, this is so easy.” Honey-Beetron snickered. “And just to make sure you behave yourself.-- PARALYZE STING!” CLANG! Davis got stung right in the leg, and he went completely stiff. “I… I… can't… move!” and he finally blacked out.
 
 
He awoke awhile later, no longer in his suit, he was chained to a rock wall, in a dark cave. He knew he was still in his own world, but exactly where was yet to be revealed. As his vision cleared up, he could see Dregon's minions, even Fact was there, chirping, “Alert! Sensors indicate Masked Rider coming through to his senses.”
 
the man himself was there.
 
“Hmm, mm, mm. Welcome, Davis Motomiya.” He hissed at him.
 
Davis' eyes narrowed in anger, “So finally we meet, Count Dregon!”
 
The evil man approached Davis and gazed him from head to toe, “Such a spirited mind, yet a soul filed with courage. You remind me of my Nephew, Prince Dex.”
 
Davis struggled to break free, but the manacles bound his tight. He couldn't' even reach for his D3 to transform. “Look, pal… I may not know you personally, but I know Dex and the others would smack you for mentioning their names.”
 
The minions all laughed at Davis' sport, until Drgeon ordered them to “Leave us! I will deal with him on my own.” The minions obeyed and left the two of them alone to chat. Dragon kept his horrible green eyes fixed on Davis, “You are indeed a unique Earthling. You and I are not so different as you think.”
 
Davis gritted his teeth, “I think that mask of yours is way too tight. I'm nothing like you. You hurt people, and other innocent creatures!” he sneered, “I know what you've been doing to the Digital-World.”
 
Dregon gripped his scepter softly. “Hmm! Well, perhaps you need another demonstration.” he simply said, and using his magic he began to show images of all of Davis' glorious past battles with Veemon, including the fight with Maylo-Myotismon, an dhow if it weren't for him… all would be lost.
 
Dregon explained that Davis, too, hurt creatures who only wished to go about their own way, and make their dreams come true. Even if it meant destroying other-- This of course made no sense at all to Davis.
 
“We are both fighters, Boy. It is that which separates us from other beings. I could just squash you like the insect you are... but seeing you in action has burned my inner instincts. So I'm going to offer you a deal. Join forces with me, and fight as my warrior, and imagine the things we can accomplish together.”
 
Davis felt almost too angry to answer that, and his expressions already told Dregon his answer was “No!”
 
“I see.” Dregon hissed, “Very well then, you leave me no alternative…” with a wave of his scepter the entire cave began to rumble and break up. “What's happening?” Davis asked as rocks began to fall from the ceiling.
 
“In a few moments this entire cavern will bury you alive, and I shall return to take your powers for my own.” Dregon sneered, “This is your final scene, Masked Rider. Ha, ha, ah, ah, ah!” Then he and all his minions had vanished and were gone, leaving Davis still stuck with no way to break free on his own.
 
Luckily, he had an idea…
 
His arms were stuck, but his legs weren't. He slipped out of his shoes, and balanced one of them on his foot. “Just like soccer…!” he kicked his shoe towards his D3 which hit the switch to call Veemon. Davis shouted as loud as he could, “VEEMON, REVV-UP, MODE-RED!”
 
“Veemon, Rev-Change to; MAGNO-VEEMON!”
 
He set his scanners to locate Davis, “Hang on Davis, I'm coming!” then he tunneled under ground and burst into the cave in no time. “All right! It worked!” Davis cried.
 
“Hold still, now…” Magno-Veemon cautioned as he used his lasers to cut Davis out of the chains. “Come on, let's get outta here!” Davis hoped inside, and they escaped from the cave just as if fell in everywhere.
 
 
Dregon saw everything, from his castle. “URR… Masked Rider has escaped again!” he thundered. “Cyclopter! Send your monster after him!”
 
“As you wish, Sire.”
 
 
As Davis and Magno-Veemon drove to safety, “Davis, I'm picking up strong waves of an insectotron.”
 
Davis checked the computers, and it was, indeed, Honey-Beetron. “Well, I've a got a little hunch to take care of her.” he said cockily. He brought Magno-Veemon to a halt and leapt outside. “Ectophase, Activate!”
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
“A-YAH… HUGH!” He leapt right to where Honey-Beetron was. “What? You again…?” she sneered. “Don't you heroes ever learn…?”
 
“It's you who never learns, Bee-Brain.” Davis growled, “So I'm just gonna have to break you down.”
 
Honey-Beetron laughed he little head off, “You, break me? You make me laugh! SWEET-SPARY!” and she unleashed her spores again, but Davis was ready this time. “Masked Rider Super-Blue. Activate!”
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
Once transformed Davis used hit, WATER WARP!” and flew all over the place like a super-ball, and waving all the spores away, while he, himself, didn't feel a bit sleepy. “What? But how is it so?” cried Honey-Beetron.
 
Davis appeared back in physical forum. “Care to try anything else?”
 
Honey-Beetron flapped her wings angrily, “You dare to question me! Hah! Then taste my PARALYZE STING!” She fired her stinger, but Davis just stood there as the stinger hit his suit, but strongly he just grabbed it and pulled it right out of him, much to the monster's confusion.
 
“Guess you didn't count a few things…” Davis explained. Water helped wash away the sweet smell, and as Masked Rider Super-Blue, Davis' armor was much more thicker, and able to prevent the stinger from getting close enough.
 
Honey-Beetron felt most insulted, “Very clever… but now you'll see how strong I really can be!” and she began to hover right towards Davis who was shaking his head. “Guess you never learn. SUPER ELECTRO-SABER!”
 
His sword appeared and he directed the lightning right at the charging monster. “Huh? Uh-Oh!”
 
“May this teach you never to rely on just powers alone.” Davis sneered, “…FIRE!”
 
BAM! BOOM! KAPOW! “AAA-YAA-HA-HAAA---!” Honey-Beemon EXPLODED, and was gone! “Way to go, Davis!” chirped Magno-Veemon as Davis stood tall and proud. “That'll teach you to mess with Masked Rider.”
 
 
Cyclopter was put to hard work scrubbing the entire castle as punishment for his failure. “Next time I tell you to beat Masked rider, DO IT THEN!” he yelled.
 
Cyclopter grumbled under his breath as he continued to mop. “I understand, Sire!”
 
“You had better…!” replied Dregon, “I'll get Masked Rider's powers… EVEN IF IT TAKES A MILLENIUM!”
 
 
With the monster, the sweet-spores had vanished, and everyone began to awaken. Cassie awoke as well, and realized the movie must had ended and hour ago. “Waky, waky sleepy head.” Davis said playfully.
 
Cassie felt as if she had been asleep for ten years. “Ohh… what happened?” she groaned. Davis couldn't rightly tell her the truth, so “Well, well… and I thought I was the only one who feel asleep during Romance flicks.”
 
Cassie felt a little embarrassed. “I'm sorry, Davey.”
 
Her boyfriend forgave her, and then he offered to walk her home. On the way though, he saw Kari shopping at Yolei's family's convenience store, and their eyes met again. He smiled softly at her, and she… actually smiled back at him.
 
Yet, deep down, she was a little depressed. Still, she figured Davis was happy, even if he wasn't showing it too well.
 
 
Will Cassie ever take Davis to another romantic-flick again...?
 
What has Dregon done to the Digital-World that only Davis seems to know…?
 
Will Cyclopter think of taking up a house-cleaning job…?
 
And is Kari really willing to let Davis go without a fight or something…?
 
All this and many more, on the next exciting episode of… MASKED RIDER!