Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The New adventures of Masked Rider ❯ Ground Zero ( Chapter 11 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

EPISODE ELEVEN
 
One night, a lone car was driving along the streets of Obadia. Davis' parents had just picked up Jun from the mall, because she had maxed out her credit-cards and had no money for the bus, and right now she was heavily annoyed by her parents going off and on about her brother.
 
“Isn't Davis a good kid.” said the mother.
 
Her husband disagreed, “No he's not. HE'S A GREAT KID!” he cheered. “His grades are going up, he's maturing. He's even got a girl of his own now. Just like his old-man.”
 
Jun sighed in a mope. “Blah, blah, blah…” she muttered.
 
Suddenly, her father stopped the car hard! “Honey, what's the matter?” asked his wife, but she could see the reason why. Those giant Maggots were in the street again, and just leapt out of nowhere.
 
“Everybody out!” cried the father as his family jumped out, and ducked into an alley away from the car. The Maggots began to hack and thrash the car to bits, but then help arrived.
 
Chopper-Veemon and, “It's Masked Rider!” Jun shrieked for joy. “Ooh… what if he sees me. What if he doesn't like me?” Her parents hushed her and forced her to stay down as they saw the fight begin.
 
“Look there, Chopper-Veemon…” Rider said, “More of Dregon's Maggots.”
 
“Well, you know what to do with them.” Chopper-Veemon said.
 
Masked Rider nodded and leapt into battle kicking and punching. “HUGH…! A-YAH!”
 
He missed a shot and got kicked by one of the maggots hard into a garbage pile. “WHOA! ARGH!”
 
The Motomiya's saw that, and the ladies hid their eyes in fear. The father, however, began to feel, “That guy's voice sounds awfully familiar.”
 
Masked-Rider got up while holding his arm. “Okay… that does it! ELECTRO-SABER!” With his sword in hand, he stood by Chopper-Veemon. “Ready, partner…?”
 
“You got it, Boss. HEAD LASERS!”
 
“…FIRE!”
 
Those Maggots were toast, and gone in a flash. The Motomiya's were glad they were gone, but suddenly, Chopper-Veemon changed back into. “Hey… isn't that, Veemon?” asked Jun.
 
Her parents agreed, and then… to their biggest shock…
 
“Masked Rider, Deactivate!”
 
All three of them were shocked, “Davis…?!” The father choked. His wife and daughter couldn't believe their eyes either.
 
Veemon noticed Davis had a little bruise on his arm from when he was thrown in the trash, “Davish… are you alright?”
 
Davis held his arm, “Whew… that's a beauty.” he said, “How am I gonna explain this to my parents? I've already told a lot of lies already.”
 
Veemon decided that one thing they could do was get home quickly before they do. “At leasht you can shay you fell off the bed.” Davis thought it would do. “All right, let's go.” Then he vanished/teleported out of sight completely unaware that his parents and his sister had just witnessed everything.
 
“I can't believe it!” growled his mother. “I can't believe that boy has been lying to us the whole time.”
 
Jun was the most devastated, “My dreamboat Masked Rider is… My own brother?!” she fainted. As for her father, “I think we're going to have to have a little talk with him.”
 
 
When the family got home, they found Davis and Veemon lounging on the sofa. “Welcome, home…!” Davis called to them.
 
“Hey there… sport.” His father said calmly. “Uh… did anything happen while we were out?”
 
Davis just stretched out, “Nah… nothing much.”
 
Suddenly, his mom looked frightened, “Oh my gosh! Look at his arm.”
 
Davis saw the bruise too, “Oh that… heh… it's nothing. I fell off the sofa while I was watching TV.” He lied, hoping to fool them, but to his surprise, his family didn't believe him this time.
 
“Are you sure it was just that…?” his father asked, “And now… a heard of GIANT BUGS?”
 
Davis' features changed to concerned. “Giant bugs? What's that about?”
 
“We saw you, squirt.” Jun sneered, “We saw you change from that suit of yours.”
 
Davis was starting to lose his nerves and it was in vain that he tried to cover up his tracks. His mother was really upset. “You look us all right in the face and lie like that, over and over again! How could you?”
 
Finally his father grabbed Davis' arm, exposing his D3. “Ah, man… I got some explaining to do, don't I?”
 
 
Davis, using images from his D3, showed and told his parents everything, about Edenoi, the Edenites, and about Count Dregon and the insectotrons, and pretty much everything. “I was chosen by Dex and his grandfather, King Lexian, to do battle with Count Dregon's evil forces and stop him from ruling the Earth. To that… they bestowed great powers upon me.”
 
“I became… The Masked Rider!”
 
“A-YAH…! H-UGH…!”
 
The images faded, and Jun looked like she was going fade into oblivion for crushing on her own brother. “OMG! And wanted too-- UGH!” she was too shocked to finish.
 
“And this became your job, when?” asked his father.
 
“A… little over a month ago.” Davis answered. “I've been running off without explanation to fight these monsters, and not to blow my cover for fear of danger.”
 
His father stopped him, “I don't wanna hear this anymore.” he growled. “It's bad enough you've been so mixed up ever since you got sucked into that ridiculous computer-world, and now THIS?”
 
“It's not ridiculous…!” Davis protested, “It's a matter of life and death. I'm the only one who can do this, my D3 doesn't come off my wrist.”
 
Davis father got that look his eyes…
 
Before Davis knew it, all his fathers saws and clamps were busted trying to get it off his wrist. “I don't believe it! Not a scratch.” He said in utter disbelief. “Well… I may not be able to get it off, but as if this moment young-man, you are forbidden from ever turning into that thing again.”
 
“What?!” Davis exclaimed. “Dad, you can't do this.”
 
His father shot him a deep look, “I already have. I won't have you foolishly risking your life, driving vehicles without even a learners permit, or anything else that you've been up to. Understand?”
 
“But--”
 
“Understand…?”
 
Davis gritted his teeth but said nothing as his father left. “Wow… he gave it you hard.” Veemon said. “You think…!” Davis snapped at him. Veemon winced, but Davis apologized quickly. “All this time and Dad still treats me like a kid, and won't let people live their own lives. When is he going to realize I can take of myself?”
 
 
Count Dregon had observed the situation. “Oh, poor Masked Rider. Halted by his elders. How sad.” he sniggered.
 
Double-Face agreed, “With Masked Rider out of the way, this will be a perfect opportunity for us to start recruiting slaves to serve you, Sire.”
 
“Really…? Now why didn't I think of that. Since it's so obvious!” Nefaria sneered.
 
Cyclopter and Gork were not convinced though, and neither was Dregon. Davis still had a mind of his own, and his parents were, in fact, powerless to stop him from going off on his own. “Probability of Masked Rider going off on his own is, more than ninety-percent accurate.” chirped Fact.
 
“That's what we had just said, you floating tin-can!” growled Cyclopter.
 
“That's enough!” growled Dregon. “We cannot miss up on this opportunity. We shall take the chance, but we'll need an insectotron with the power to round up as many humans.”
 
“Sire…” Double-Face interjected, “Might I suggest the Mothible? All of his many wonderful qualities can strike many victims at once.”
 
Dregon grabbed the capsule. “Yes, of course. With this insectotron, and the Masked Rider incarcerated. Victory shall be mine!” and he sent the capsule on its way.
 
 
Meanwhile, Davis hadn't come out of his room for the rest of the night, nor for breakfast the next morning; on his own accord. Finally he decided to come out when his parents threatened to take away his dating privileges.
 
Davis came out, but his hardened features remained the same, and he sat by himself at the table, away from his family. “Davis? Have you been hanging out with a bad crowd?” his mother asked, “One that tells you its cool to change into giant bugs?”
 
Davis clenched his fists. “It's not that.” he said deeply. “I was granted my powers, and I have to use them.”
 
“Out of the question!” snapped his father. “I won't have my son foolishly risking his life, and fighting monsters from that stupid computer world.”
 
“Digital-World!” Davis protested, “And it's not stupid, nor foolish.”
 
Before long a total argument had broken down, until Davis was grounded for the rest of spring break by his father, and his mother agreed. “What?! You can't… you'll endanger us all!”
 
“Enough!” yelled his father, “Go to your room, Right now! You are not to leave this house until you've proven to us that we can trust you again. But the bottom line, Davis… you need to grow up.”
 
Even Jun wasn't on her brother's side, “You better do as he says, Squirt.”
 
Davis threw down his fork and took one last gaze at his father. “I have to grow up? Then why don't you let me, old man!”
 
Davis father looked as if someone had really hurt his pride. “Did you hear that?” he asked the others. “The nerve of that boy.”
 
“And I'm NOT a boy!” Davis shouted from his room. “I'm sixteen!”
 
His father slapped his napkin on the floor, and had that look in his eyes to pound some sense into Davis. He ran to his room, and yelled Davis the worst lecture he had ever given him.
 
Davis tried to explain that if he didn't do what he did, the whole world would fall, but in vain. Until at last his father continued to deprive him of his privileges, and restrict him to staying in his room… he had gone much too far.
 
Davis stood up right, and SOCKED his Dad right in the mouth and sent him out the door and skidded into the wall outside. Jun and her mother peeked their
Heads around the corner when they heard the crash.
 
Davis' father just lay there on the floor looked deeply at his son with wide eyes, and his lip was split and bleeding a little. Deep down, Davis was shocked too at what he had just done, but he also felt his father deserved it.
 
His father, who would've wanted nothing more than to kill his son with his bare hands for he had just did, stood up and spoke softly, “I just don't know what to do with you.”
 
That was all he said.
 
 
Meanwhile, there was danger happening.
 
A lot of people in town were just going about their Sunday, without a care in the world, until some other people came along, walking like zombies, and starting to kidnap them off the street.
 
Soon the streets were full of people walking in rows, and groups all chanting. “Hail Count Dregon! Hail Count Dregon!”
 
This was all the work of Mothible who had sprayed everyone with his “POISON DUST!” Anyone who breathed in the spores became paralyzed, and this gave him the chance to suck their positive energy out with his “ENERGY-SUCKING!”
 
This resulted in all his victims becoming mindless zombies to serve Count Dregon. “Ha, ha, ah, ah, ah! Everything is going according to plan.” Mothible laughed, “Once I have all the city under Dregon's control… I shall continue to spread the poison throughout Japan, and then… THE WORLD! Ha, ha, ah, ah, ah! AHH, HA, HA, HA…!”
 
 
Davis had not come out of his room, for fear that his father would kill him for splitting his lip like that.
 
Right now, his father was in the kitchen holding an icepack to his bruised jaw. “Ohh…! I can't believe he did that to me.”
 
For once, Jun stuck up for her brother, “Dad, I hate to tell you this, but you were way too hard on him.”
 
Her father didn't care. He just wished he could really make Davis understand that he was concerned about his son's life, and why couldn't someone else do the job?
 
Jun rolled her eyes, and flicked on the TV, but to her surprise, her show was interrupted for a breaking news story about the people in the city acting abnormally strange. “What's going on…?” shed said aloud which caught the attention of her parents.
 
They saw the images on the TV of people walking like zombies chanting away. “Hail Count Dregon!”
 
The father was most shocked, and confused, “Why aren't the police doing anything about this.” Then much to his stupid gaze, the police were part f the zombie brigade. Then, he and his family saw why… a giant flying moth creature.
 
“An Insectotron!” Davis yelped from the hall. His family turned to face him. “Did we say you could leave your room, young-man?” snapped his mother.
 
“Not now, Mom!” Davis snapped back, “I knew something like this was going to happen.” he reached for his D3. “Davis…!” yelled his father through his aching jaw, “I forbade you from ever using that thing again.”
 
“So did I…” added his mother.
 
Davis didn't care. He figured it would be better to be in trouble with just his family than along with the rest of the world. “You can't stop me!” he said deeply to them. “I have to do this.”
 
“Davis…” sneered his mother, “Don't you dare…!”
 
Davis didn't stop. “Ectophase, Activate!”
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
Jun had never seen anything so far out in her life. “No offence, but that was kinda cool.”
 
“Davis, no! You can't!” cried his mother.
 
Davis clenched his fists, “We'll talk about this latter.” Then he vanished, and was gone, and there was nothing his family could do now… except continue to watch on TV.
 
 
Mothible by now had twenty-five percent of the city under his influence. “Heh, heh, heh… so many people, so little time.” he sighed. “Who's next?”
 
“You're next, Mothible!” growled a voice. Davis leapt onto the scene, “A-YAH…!” and kicked him hard to the ground. “YAAA-- OOF!”
 
 
Davis' saw that on the newscast. “Whoa… what a jump.” Jun exclaimed.
 
“He's good…” added the mother.
 
 
The battle had already begun, kicks and punches. “Oh yeah, try this!” growled Mothible, “MULTIPLE BLASTER!” The machine gun attacked to his body fired madly. Sparks, and small explosions went all over as Davis got hit. “OOH… ACK…! WHOA!” he rolled to the ground.
 
“Now for my next trick…” chuckled Mothible. GAUSS POWDER!” Unlike his paralyzing spores, these spores burned and flared! “AH… UGH! I need back up” Davis shouted. “Veemon… Rev-up, Mode Blue!”
 
 
Davis' family watching as Veemon changed right before their eyes.
 
“Veemon, Rev-change to; CHOPPER VEEMON!”
 
Then he vanished before everyone's eyes. “Now, a bike too.” Jun said with envy. “Davis is so lucky.”
 
“No he's not…” her father said, much to the ladies' surprise that he was starting to see, “He really is a great ki-- No, not a kid. A great guy.”
 
 
Davis hopped onto his bike, “Glad you could drop by, Chopper-Veemon .”
 
“Anything for you, Boss.” Chopper-Veemon replied, “Now let's get that creep.”
 
Davis nodded, and took them to full-speed. “Come and get some!” growled Mothible. “MULTIPLE BLASTER!” Davis steered fast through all the open fire and escaped unharmed. “What the--”
 
Davis leapt high up off his bike “Time for RIDER-KICK!” he shouted. “U-AAH…!”
 
POW! Right into Mothible's gut. “AAA-AAH… That's smarts.”
 
Once Davis landed, ELECTRO-SABER!” he pulled out his sword and was ready for the kill. “…FIRE!”
 
KAPOW! “NO---! AAA-AAAH…!” Mothible was gone, in a HUGE EXPLOSION. With him gone, now all the people he had infected were coming to their senses. Davis stood tall and proud, “No one defeats Masked Rider.”
 
 
At Dregon's castle, Fact was giving of serious alerts. “Sensors indicate Mothible has come to defeat and the human are regaining their mental stability.”
 
Dregon spun round an aimed his sceptre at the floating piece of junk. “If you remind me of this blunder once more… I'll tear you apart and melt you to A BLOB!”
 
Fact, though she was just a droid, quivered in fear.
 
Dregon vowed that this wasn't over yet. “Somehow… someway… I will get MASKED RIDER'S POWERS!”
 
 
Davis and Veemon managed to make it home without anyone seeing them transform to their normal selves. The first thing Davis saw when he got home was his Mom and Dad glaring at him deeply. “Oh, boy…!” he muttered. “Here comes the beating.”
 
But to his surprise, his parents suddenly smiled and hugged him. “Honey… you were wonderful out there.” his mother said.
 
“Mom…?” Davis asked in confusion.
 
His father gazed down at his son, “I'm sorry, sport.” He said to him. “I guess you really can take of yourself, and so many others too. I've seen you in action, and I know what you can do now.”
 
Davis' eyes lit up, “So… does this mean…?”
 
His father nodded, and even though he was still mad at Davis for hitting his mouth, he knew he was going to say the right thing. “From now on, Davis… I trust you.”
 
Davis never felt so happy, and he hugged both his parents, and soon Jun joined in the hug too. Veemon felt like crying. “It'sh jusht sho beautiful!”
 
 
Who will Jun decide to fall in and out of love with next…?
 
Will Davis' father's mouth ever heal from that knockout…?
 
Is Davis' secret finally going to be known to the entire world…?
 
And will Dregon think about replacing a Fact with a new computer…?
 
All this and many more, on the next exciting episode of… MASKED RIDER!