Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The New adventures of Masked Rider ❯ Fire in the Water ( Chapter 12 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

EPISODE TWEVLE
 
Davis' family swore to keep his identity secret for exactly the same reason he kept it from them the whole time.
 
-“Super Heroes like me cause a lot of collateral damages, and I don't wanna get my butt sued.”
 
-“If my identity gets out, every bad guy in the city will be after me, or people I care of.”
 
The also mean that Jun could forget about asking Davis if he and Veemon could give her lifts to the mall. His Veemon-Vehicles were strictly for battle only, and if anyone else saw her riding in them then it would blow his cover.
 
All but that, Davis was safe, and ready to continue the fight against Count Dregon and his insectotrons.
 
 
Another Spring day in Obadia. School was closed, the streets were packed. Just about everything. It was even pretty warm that day. So warm, that some people were sweating like it was summer, and everyone knew what that mean…
 
POOL PARTY…!
 
The community pools weren't all that packed, but still Davis and his family went. Just about all his friends were there, and Cassie invited Davis to swim with her. It was fun for Davis spending time with his girlfriend like this… they even shared a kiss under the water.
 
Cassie thought Davis looked cute wearing his goggles. Davis blushed, but suddenly it turned into laughter when he saw Jun trying to flirt with the lifeguard, only to get seriously rejected. “I'm just like… ya know… not interested in a girl who's… BOR…ING.”
 
Jun felt like she was going to explode. “Ah! Ugh? Boring…?!”
 
Davis and Cassie both laughed, then they were suddenly SPLASHED by TK, then joined by Ken and Yolei, even Cody was there. “Cool day for a swim, eh?” TK smirked.
 
Davis lifted up his goggles. “Hey, where's Kari?” he asked.
 
Yolei pointed, “There on the high-dive.”
 
Kari stood elegantly up there. Her soft pink swimsuit almost shimmered in the warm sunlight. Davis watched her excel a beautiful swan-dive into the water. Lost or people applauded her, Davis whistled, a little much to Cassie's dismay.
 
So she swam off to attempt an even better dive to keep Davis paying attention to her…
 
Kari swam over to the others. “Awesome dive, Kari.” Ken complimented.
 
“Yeah…” Davis added, “That was… beautiful.”
 
Kari felt a little nervous. “Thanks… I've been practicing.”
 
TK, and the others sighed softly realizing what this was becoming. Obviously Kari and Davis still had the hots for each other but it wasn't going to work out, not as long as Davis was with Cassie. “Where is Cassie…?” Yolei asked. “She was just here.”
 
Suddenly, a lot of the people began to turn their attention to the diving boards, “There, on the high-dive.” cried Cody.
 
Cassie waved to the crowd and especially to Davis. “Swan dive...? No sweat.” She thought cockily, but she had really never been on the high dive before, and as she got to the edge and looked over. “Ooh-ooh… I hope I'm okay.” she fretted slightly.
 
Then suddenly her legs twitched causing her to lose her balance, “Ah… AA-AAA-AAAAH…!”
 
“WHA-OA…!” KERSPLOSH! She landed belly-first. Davis and friends winced. “YIKES… That's gotta' hurt!” Davis peeped.
 
 
Cassie was then laying on a pool-chair with a small icepack resting on her stomach, which was pretty red from hitting the water that hard. Davis bright her a soda, and decided to stay with her. As sweet as Cassie thought of that, she rather her boyfriend swim and enjoy himself. “Just because I can't have fun… doesn't mean you can't either.” she kissed him softly.
 
Davis almost didn't know what to say. No one had ever said anything so kind to him before and passed up things just for him. Cassie insisted, and so, Davis jumped back in the pool to join his friends.
 
 
Meanwhile, Count Dregon had observed the situation. “How relaxing… a day at the pool.” he hissed, “Any suggestions…?” he asked him minions.
 
Nefaria suggested, “Perhaps we could freeze the water, and capture Masked Rider in a giant block of ice…?”
 
Double-Face disagreed, “You suggested that idea once before, we did not approve of it then, and we don't' now as well.”
 
Nefaria gritted her teeth.
 
“Sire, if you will permit me…” replied Double-Face. “I have come up with the solution that surely even Masked Rider cannot pass through.”
 
Dregon gave him his full attention, “I'm listening…”
 
Double-Face explained that his plan was to force Davis to surrender his powers by heating up the entire city. He picked up a special capsule. “Within here is the ferocious Shadratron. By sending into the bowels of the Earth below Masked Rider's home city, the temperature will continue to rise far beyond the point of tolerance.”
 
Gork thought that was clever, “The city in heat, you can bind…
…But the monster and source, Masked Rider will surely find.”
 
“Be quiet you bumbling pest!” snarled Double-Face, “And let me finish! What I was trying to say is this monster also possesses, psychic-waves that can block out any and all of Masked Rider's detection-powers. Even if he manages to find us, we shall be ready for him!”
 
“Which means, he won't be able to find Shadratron.” said Dregon. “You may begin Double-Face. I expect success for you, and nothing less!”
 
Double-Face bowed and released the capsule, and followed it.
 
 
Shadratron and Double face had instantly constructed a perfectly concealed hideout within the sewers. The perfect place to start turning up the heat. “Shadratron… you know what you must do, and no mistakes.” Double-Face warned.
 
“All right, all right! You don't have to tell me a-hundred times” the monster sneered, Then he started flapping his wings. “FLASH-BUSTER!” and things indeed began to heat up. “Hee, hee, eh, eh, eh! Hot, Hot, Hot!”
 
 
Back at the pool, Cassie was still dry-docked because of her stomach, but she still didn't mind that Davis was having fun with his friends. Though she wished he'd stop checking up on her every so and so to see if she was okay.
 
“You're really taking this boyfriend thing seriously, Davis.” Kari said.
 
Davis shrugged playfully, “Glad you noticed.”
 
Kari giggled. “Cassie sure is lucky to have a boyfriend like you.”
 
Davis gazed over at his girlfriend. “Yeah, I guess so.” But he sounded a little down about it, almost as if he regretted something. Then suddenly he began to feel a little stranger. “Is this water heating up?”
 
Kari couldn't deny that the bottom of the pool was starting to feel a little warm. “It's probably new heaters to keep the water warm.” Then she got a playful idea, “Why don't you… GO SEE!” and she pulled him under the water in playful manner.
 
Davis flailed around to break free from her gentle grip on him and managed to pull her down with him. They had quite a bit of a fun wrestle, but suddenly the water started to get even warmer.
 
Not just in the pool, but the pool-grounds were starting to feel rather toasty, and not as in the sun was shining on the ground. Some of the people, who hadn't brought their sandals or shoes were hopping madly to keep their feet off the ground and doing just about anywhere to keep off it.
 
The water was heating up faster than ever, that everyone was ordered out of the pool by the lifeguards. Still, even so it was still getting hotter. Davis didn't see his D3 beeping, but he believed he didn't have to. “I'll bet Dregon's behind this. he thought. “The temperature can't just rise up on it's own like this.”
 
Davis put on his shoes and dashed for the gate. “Davis… where are you going?” Kari called.
 
“Just look after Cassie for me!” he called back to her, then he was gone. He had run to the backside of the pool-center where no one could see. “Ectophase, Activate!”
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
“Veemon, Rev-up. Mode-Red!”
 
“Veemon, Rev-change to; MAGNO-VEEMON!”
 
Davis met up with his partner in no time. “All right, Magno-Veemon. Start scanning for any sings of an insectortron.”
 
“I'm on it.”
 
Magno-Veemon's scanners were scouting just about everywhere, “Davis… I can't lock on to any DNA, or genetic-code at all.”
 
“What…?” snapped Davis, “How can that be? You can't be having a malfunction.”
 
Magno-Veemon tried, and tried again, but he still couldn't detect anything. To makes matters worse. “Uh, Davis…? I don't mean to sound in a panic, but this ground is really getting hot. It's burning on my wheels.”
 
Davis fanned the smell of burning rubber away from his face. “You're right… the temperature's rising faster, but why?”
 
 
By this point, the are of the sewers where Shadratron was bright red. “Heh, heh, heh… oh I'm enjoying this.” he chuckled as he continued to pour on, “More heat! More heat!”
 
Double-Face, even though he was an alien, was starting to feel uncomfortable. “Masked Rider had better surrender soon. I can barely bare this heat.” he peeped.
 
 
Davis and Magno-Veemon were still having no luck in finding what they were looking for. Magno-Veemon's systems were all working perfectly. Whatever it was they were tracking was blocking them out. Worse than that, the heat was still increasing as they drove along. That's what gave Davis the idea…
 
“Follow the heat!” he said. “The hotter it gets, the closer we'll get. Think your wheel's can handle it?”
 
“I'll do what I can.”
 
Zooming along the roads, the heat began to increase. Soon, Magno-Veemon's wheels couldn't take it much more, but he was able to pick up senses of a strong heat-source under the ground ahead.
 
“It must be happening in the sewers.” Davis said, “I'm going in…”
 
“Good luck, Davis.”
 
Davis leapt into the sewers, and it was indeed hotter down there than it was above ground. He found what he was looking for immediately. “Double-Face!”
 
“Welcome, Masked Rider.” Double-Face sniggered, “I never expected you to find us, but have been well prepared for it.”
 
Davis flexed his fists, “Yeah? And just who is We?”
 
In the blink of an eye Double-Face blasted Davis with an energy-beam, “ARGH…!” and he fell to another level of the sewers. “UGH! It's even hotter down here! I can hardly focus.”
 
“That's just the point, Masked Rider.” hissed a voice. “I am known as Shadratron! Master of the flames, and not I'm here to melt you down to size as well.”
 
Davis managed to get to his feet. “Fat chance! I think you need to cool off a bit.” The battle was on, but he hadn't even gotten close enough for even one punch when, “PSYCHIC WAVE!” Davis was lifted off his feet, “What the-- how's this happening?”
 
Shadratron laughed and explained that he was also in possession of psychic energies. That explained how Davis wasn't able to track him down. “URR… Let me go!” Davis demanded.
 
“As you wish… HARGH!” Shadratron hurled Davis SMACK against the hot, hot, walls. “BLARGH… OW! Man, that's hot!”
 
“Ha, ha, ah, ah, ah…! Too cold for ya, well let me warm you up. FLASH BUSTER!” More flames blasted at Davis heating his suit up to the point of burning. “AAH… NO! TOO… HOT…!”
 
Double-Face was most pleased, “Excellent work, Shadratron.” he called down, “Remember, don't finish him off until you've claimed his powers.”
 
Shadratron agreed, and continued with his attack, but Davis had taken enough. “That does it! Masked Rider Super-Gold, Activate!”
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
“There! That'll protect me from the heat now.”
 
The battle resumed and Davis managed to turn the tables big time. “RIDER-PUNCH!”
 
ZAP! “BWAAA…!” The monster was smacked hard in the face and up into the wall. “Okay… come on! You want a piece of me?”
 
“Actually, I'd like pieces of you!”
 
“You DARE to mock me? Hah! Maybe you need another lift-- PSYCHIC WAVE!” and Davis was lifted up into the air again. “URGH! I forgot about this…” he groaned, but then he suddenly realized that he was still able to move, even in midair, and there was a water-pipe just behind the monster. “Yes, that's it!” he cried for Joy. “E-LASER!”
 
Shadratron couldn't help but mock at him. “Hah! Do you think you're little hot-gun can stop me? You're even more foolish than I thought.”
 
“It's really not YOU I'm aiming for.” Davis sneered, and he shot clear at the pipes causing them to bust and spill all over Shadratron. “GAAH… WATER…!” he shouted in horror. “No… I'm cooling down!”
 
The Red hot flames round his body began to fade, and he began to grow weaker and weaker. “Well, you know what they say. If you can't bet the heat… Chill out!” Davis said. “E-Laser… FIRE!”
 
KAPOW! “UUU-WAAAAOOOW…!” Shadratron EXPLODED, and the force threw Double-Face against the walls. “Oh! AAH! I'll get you next time, boy! COUNT ON IT!” and he was gone.
 
Davis stood tall and proud. “No one defeats Masked Rider.”
 
 
Double-Face faced severe punishment when he reported back to Dregon. Dregon kept zapping him over and over again. “This is for failing to capture Masked Rider!”
 
ZAP!
 
“This is for failing ME again!”
 
ZAP!
 
“And this is for, above all, YOUR INCOMPETENCE!”
 
ZAP! ZAP!! ZAP!!!
 
Double-Face would never feel the same again. “Masked Rider shall pay for this.” he grumbled, “As long as I survive, I will get him!”
 
 
With Shadratron gone, the heat rapidly dropped, and soon all was well again. Davis managed to get back to the pool without suspicion. “Davis, where have you been…” Kari asked. “Cassie's been going crazy wondering where you've been.”
 
Davis smacked his head and felt really stupid. “Where is she…?”
 
Kari hesitated for a moment feeling if she really could do this, but then she point back to the chairs where Cassie was reading a book. “Thanks…”
 
As soon as he was gone, Kari lowered her head in shame. The others saw her from the pool, and all exchanged the same feeling of pity. “When is she going to just wake up and tell him?” Yolei asked.
 
TK saw Davis having trouble with Cassie. He saw Cassie was a little ticked that Davis just ran off like that, and so she threw him in the pool, and walked off in a huff.
 
“I don't think Kari's are only concern.” he said.
 
Davis felt really embarrassed, even though only a few people were laughing at him. “Sometimes, being a hero really bites.” he groaned.
 
 
Will Cassie think of swimming alone from now on…?
 
Is Kari doomed to be without Davis…?
 
Will Davis get over his girl trouble…?
 
And will Double-Face decide to take a dip in the pool to cool from all that zapping…?
 
All this and many more, on the next exciting episode of… MASKED RIDER!