Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The New adventures of Masked Rider ❯ Power Search ( Chapter 15 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

EPISODE FIFTEEN
 
Today was a very special day at school. It was a special event arranged by the students to raise money for charity and new school equipment and supplies. Many classes and student-groups had all formed together to hold special events of their own to raise money.
 
Some sold chocolates. Others arranged video-game tournaments, Davis and Ken would've loved to participate in those, but they and the others all got this cooler idea to start their own outdoor carwash, and bike polish.
 
Yolei was the one who got the idea, form all the dishes she had been washing back home the past week for staying out after curfew. “Hey, I've already got dishpan hands.” She joked.
 
Nevertheless, everyone was ready. They were all wearing old clothes they didn't wear so often instead of their school-outfits so as not to get wet. Yolei even gave Kari a bandana to keep her hair dry.
 
With their buckets, hoses, and other cleaning tools, they were ready to go. Davis put up their sign. “Ahh… that should do it.”
 
The others at first were questionable about the name he chose. “The Big Garage?” asked TK. “What kind of name is that?”
 
Davis explained he figured it would help attract people to them, not just the name but a cheerful song he remember that went with it. He pulled out a boom-box, and played the music for his friends. “Hey, I know that song…” Ken said. “Sam I and used to sing it all the time when we were little.”
 
“I never forgot the words…” added Kari.
 
TK and Yolei were in for it too, and that's when their first customer drove up to them. “Come on, Big Garage crew.” Davis said, “Let's get scrubbin'.” He started the music and the whole team began to sing along which actually made it fun to work to.
 
Since it was Davis' idea for the music, the other let him be the main singer while they all act as a choir.
 
BIG, BIG, BIG GARAGE…!
 
Time to get those wheel's a-rollin'
(BIG, BIG, BIG GARAGE…!)
Time to get those horns a-blowin'
(BIG, BIG, BIG GARAGE…!)
`Cause the best time of the day is here…
Let's get goin' to the,
(BIG, BIG, BIG GARAGE…!)
Big Garage---(BIG-BIG, BIG-BIG, BIGGARAGE…!)
 
Turn left. Turn Right. You know the way.
(BIG, BIG, BIG GARAGE…!)
Around the bend, but don't take all day.
(BIG, BIG, BIG GARAGE…!)
We'll see many good friends we all know…
`Cause we're goin' to the,
(BIG, BIG, BIG GARAGE…!)
Big Garage---(BIG-BIG, BIG-BIG, BIGGARAGE…!)
 
Big Garage---(BIG, BIG, BIG GARAGE…!)
Big Garage---(BIG-BIG, BIG-BIG, BIGGARAGE…!)
 
 
That wonderful music, and a good team of hard working teens, The Big Garage really did raise a lot of money, and it also gave Count Dregon a sneaky idea. “This is the only insectotron I have left.” he hissed to his minions. “And it won't even matter if this plan fails or not. In the end I will surely gain all that I need.”
 
The minions were confused. “Sire… might I ask, what is so important even if you fail to capture Masked Rider's power?”
 
Dregon turned to her fiercely. “You most certainly many not!” he growled. “All will be made clear to you soon in any case.”
 
He left the capsule on the table and left the main-chamber, leaving his minions to dispatch the creature within, Searchtron. “Database confirms Searchtron has the ability to detect and block any, and/or all signals from electronics, and mechanical resources.” Fact chirped.
 
The minions began to catch on. “Perfect! Masked Rider will never detect this creature, and neither shall any other sources.” Cyclopter growled. “I must assist this wondrous creature into battle.”
 
Gork was displeased, “Don't be a fool, what are you thinking…?
…You'd be discovered faster than I'm blinking.”
 
Double-Face silenced the babbling nitwit. “What makes you think you can do any better, you rhyming roach!” he grunted. “Go now, Cyclopter, and remember, this is out LAST insectotron.”
 
Cyclopter took the capsule, and was on his way. “Careful, Masked Rider. We are coming for you.”
 
 
Searchtron was a creature that was a cross between a wheeled-vehicle and a metal insect. It could roll on four wheels, that doubled as four of his legs. This left his other two front arms free to launch attacks.
 
Cyclopter, on a super-bike of his own, drove down the streets near the edge Obadia, far away from Davis, and near the telecast stations. It was their first target. “You know what you must do, Searchtron.”
 
The monster hissed, “Yesss, I know.” The flat plate on his back began to glow, “HERTZ JAMMING!” At the sound of his voice the power-towers, and super-antenna's began to lose power as the energy was absorbed.
 
At once, radio-signals and television broadcast were interrupted. Nothing but static, and technical difficulties, much to the HUMANTIY of many couch potatoes who had nothing better to do, and those who placed best of big games.
 
…It was all dead!
 
“Sss-sss-sss… Ssso much energy, ssso little time.” hissed Searchtron. Cyclopter was impressed too. “With the broadcast stations all out of action, there can be no news of our presence, but what of Masked Rider himself?” he was referring to the fact that Davis' D3 always warned him whenever there was trouble.
 
Searchtron was already aware of this, and was well in control, “DEFLECT!”
 
 
His signal was so incredibly widespread, Davis's D3 wasn't bleeping…! He was hardly paying attention anyway as he and the others were taking a break from all the successful car washing they had done. They had made quite a profitable amount for the charities too.
 
Poor Yolei though, she was ready to throw in the towel. “I take it back! This is nothing like washing dishes.” she groaned while nursing her numb fingers.
 
Ken couldn't help but laugh at how silly his girlfriend sounded. This resulted in him getting a wet rag thrown at his face. “Aw, Yolei…!” he groaned playfully.
 
The others laughed.
 
As they all relaxed, for the very first time, the others all noticed Davis' D3 was on his wrist. “How'd you get it to do that Davis?” TK asked.
 
Davis sweat-dropped, “Oh, this… uh… it's nothing really. Just a little something I threw together.”
 
Yolei wanted to see how it was done, and asked Davis if he'd take it off his arm to show her. Davis had to think fast, or if they found out it couldn't come off his cover would blow. “Uh, you can't… I uh… I used too much glue, and it's stuck to me.”
 
The other's believed him, and Kari rolled her eyes, “Davis, don't you ever be careful...?”
 
Davis acted as if he had it coming to him, “Mmm…!” he grunted, and then he got up “I'm gonna go check out the other displays.”
 
After he was gone, TK wanted to hear the lottery results, and maybe he would win this time. “TK, you know just as well as we do what the odds are of you winning.” Kari said.
 
Yolei remembered that her family's convenience-store sold lottery tickets and never had any winners. Not even five out of six. TK didn't care, “It's a fun sport, and a hobby.”
 
He turned on Davis' boom-box, but he couldn't seem to find the station or anything else at that either. “What's going on?” he asked. He kept trying, “Yolei… come get a look at this.”
 
Yolei noted TK's problem, but even she as an electronics-expert couldn't figure it out. She even took it apart, with the help of her pocketed multi-tool. “It's no good, TK.” She was sorry to say, “The boom-box is perfectly fine. Something must be wrong with the radio station.”
 
TK thought that really weird, yet he didn't know it was about to get even weirder.
 
 
Davis checked out some of the other charity workings, and his favorite by far was Cassie's. Apart from being a cool cheer-leader, she also had a great voice too, and was singing pop-songs for charity money. She made just as much as Davis did with his Big Garage.
 
She did look kind of hot in that new outfit she had on, Davis began to wonder how Kari would look in an outfit like that…?
 
He imagined her there on a stage and giving a smooth performance and then winking down at Davis in a hinting gesture, but this was not real, and Davis was snapped out of his trance by Cassie. “You okay, Davey…?” she asked.
 
Davis gazed at his girlfriend and smiled, “Of course I am… sitting with you… why wouldn't I be?”
 
Cassie smiled and they shared a kiss, much to the frustration of Kari who saw them, but she let it go quickly.
 
Still, as the day went on more and more strange things began to happen. Cell-phones were dead, street and traffic lights were going haywire, and many more electronically signals and power lines were messed up.
 
“Something must be seriously wrong.” Ken said, “I've never known an electrical surge this big before.”
 
The others agreed, because even their D3's and D-Terminals were going wacky. Only Davis was having a really feeling about this. “Something's not right here. He thought, “Why would everything electrical suddenly go haywire… unless…!”
 
It was beginning to fall into place, this was all Count Dregon's doing, but his D3 was messed up too, he didn't like the look of this. What if he wasn't able to transform, or contact Veemon?
 
Davis got up and began to leave. “Davis, where are you going…?” Kari asked. “I uh… just remembered… I forgot something.” he lied as he dashed into the school. This was only a diversion so he could slip out the back exits and into the alley where he wouldn't be seen.
 
He tried to transform. “Ectophase, Activate!” but it didn't work, his voice didn't even reverb. This was not a good sign. Luckily, Veemon was over in the playground with the other Digimon. Davis motioned for him to come over. “What'sh the matter, Davish?”
 
Davis showed him his problem, and Veemon realized the seriousness. “Does thish mean I can't rev-up either?”
 
Davis wasn't sure about that. Veemon was able to transform on his own without the aid of his D3, and the D3, itself, was only used to warn him. “Well you can try.” Davis said. “Veemon, Rev-Up! Mode-Red!”
 
Veemon tried all he could, and it was working!
 
“Veemon, Mode-Change to; MAGNO-VEEMON!”
 
“Well, that sure is a relief.” Magno-Veemon. “But I feel a little strange.”
 
Davis hopped in and could see the controls and computers were all scrambled. This confirmed for sure that Dregon was behind this power surge. “But how are we going to find anything like this?” Davis wondered, “I can't even transform, let alone, use my tracking-radar.”
 
Magno-Veemon couldn't find anything either. “Well, we'll just have to carry on the hard way.” he suggested. Davis agreed, and they were off.
 
It was a good thing Davis had Magno-Veemon so people wouldn't be able to see him, not being transformed in all. Right now, their first problem was finding whatever it was they were looking for, and the only way they could was to scout for one thing that couldn't be blocked; this interference itself.
 
Somewhere in the city the interference would be amazingly strong, “And that's where we'll find our bug.” Davis believed. He and Magno-Veemon continued to drive through the streets carefully.
 
Davis then suddenly realized that even if he would manage to find the bad guys, he still couldn't transform. It was bad enough he wouldn't be protected, but he would need something to protect his identity as well.
 
It was going to be dangerous, but he had no other option. He ripped of a segment of his jeans turning them into shorts. “Davis… what are you doing?” asked Magno-Veemon. “Trust me.” was all Davis could say, and before long he had wrapped his head like a mummy using the fabric of his jeans. “Well… it's not perfect, but it'll do.”
 
Suddenly, Magno-Veemon began to feel funny, “I think my computers are going to burst.” he cried. This lead Davis to believe that they had found the exact place, and suddenly, his answer was confirmed as he looked out the front-view. “Cyclopter!”
 
Cyclopter looked ahead, “What's this?” he grunted. “Masked Rider…!”
 
Davis leapt out from his car, “So I was right!” he snapped. “Whatever you're up to this time Cyclopter, it won't do you any good.”
 
The evil biker only chuckled, “I think you're about to be proven otherwise.” Then he motioned behind him, and much to Davis' shock, tons of people were walking like zombies with their arms sticking out in front. Then he saw why…!
 
Searchtron was at the head of the zombie brigade. “Ssso nissse to sssee you Masssked Rider.” he hissed. “What do you think of my humanoid army? Hmm, mm, mm…!”
 
Davis wasn't sure, but it was defiantly possible that Searchtron was able to use the energy obtained from the TV stations and elsewhere to control the humans nearby. This meant that the only way to set them free was to destroy Searchtron, “But how can I do that when I can't even transform?”
 
“You can't!” snapped Cyclopter, “Now you shall feel the wrath of an army of humans!” he motioned at Searchtron, the monster agreed, and concentrated hard. “BUSY-STATUS!”
 
The brainwashed peoples' eyes began to glow madly, and they all began to dash towards Davis with their fists up. “Uh-Oh!”
 
He dodged, and leapt out of the way of all those oncoming attacks, but he knew he couldn't fight back innocent people being controlled. Then it got way worse with Cyclopter and Searchtron firing bolts of energy at him, BOOM! Big explosions, “WHOA…!” Davis managed to dodge it, but if he didn't find a way to transform soon, he'd be finished.
 
“Uh… Bosss…? cried Magno-Veemon. Davis turned and saw his car racing straight at him. “Watch out!”
 
Davis leapt out of the way just in time, “Magno-Veemon…” snapped Davis, but then it became clear that it wasn't his fault. “He is under our control now, Masked Rider.” growled Cyclopter. Searchtron nodded, and controlled Magno-Veemon to try and run Davis down again.
 
“Sorry, I can't control myself.” cried Magno-Veemon, “I can't even change back.”
 
Davis couldn't believe this was happening. He couldn't transform, he couldn't fight back, and now his friend was being forced to attack him. For the first time, Davis realized he had to run, but not from the fight.
 
“Quick! After him!” growled Cyclopter, then he and his army of followers, including Searchtron and Magno-Veemon chased after Davis.
 
Davis was running, but not from the fight, no, no! He always found ways to win even when the most outstanding odds were stacked against him. Then he suddenly realized where he had run, “An automated power plant…?” Where there was a power plant, there was electricity, and where there was electricity, “I've got it…!” and he dashed off to hide, and prepare a plan.
 
Cyclopter's army stopped before the entrance. “Where did he go?” he sneered. Searchtron offered to begin searching with his army of people. “We shall find him sssoon.” He hissed. “He cannot be far...”
 
The power plant was a big place though, Davis was likely to be anywhere, and there was a lot of energy surges and powers left disrupting any sensors they had, even Magno-Veemon couldn't find him even if Cyclopter let him.
 
“He's around here somewhere…” Cyclopter growled. “We'll tear this place apart with we have to until we find him.”
 
Searchtron suddenly felt a strange source of energy. “He is clossse… I can feel it.”
 
Then, by surprise, Davis came swinging on a loose wire. “A-YAH!” and with a swift move, he knocked Cyclopter off of his bike. “OHH…! What…?!”
 
Searchtron was Davis' actually target, and Davis managed to latch the wire onto his antenna. “What is the meaning of thisss…?” the monster demanded to know.
 
 
“Oh, you'll see… once I turn up the juice!” Davis hinted as he pulled a switch, “HIGH VOLTAGE!” was marked near it. Searchtron SCREECHED and ROARED in pain as powerful volts of electricity began to shoot into him, far too much for him to handle all at once.
 
In almost no time, KAPOW! He took on too much and overloaded, which shorted out his powers. This, of course, released all the people from his control, Magno-Veemon too. “Way to go, Boss.” and all the stations and networks were back on the air.
 
“No! This can't be happening…!” roared Cyclopter.
 
“Oh, but it is, Cyclopter, and now that your power-block is no more-- Ectophase, Activate!”
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
Davis first jumped into battle with Cyclopter, who wasted no effort in fighting back. “I'll get you, yet!” he growled. “That's what you think.” Protested Davis. “RIDER-PUNCH!”
 
POW! Right in the chest, Cyclopter was knocked into a ton of empty barrels. Then Davis turned to the monster, “All right, Searchtron, you're next! ELECTRO-SABER!”
 
“…FIRE!”
 
KAPOW! “OHH-AAAH…!” The last of Dregon's insectotron's EXPLODED, and was gone.
 
“NO!” growled, Cyclopter. “Masked Rider, mark my words. You've won the battle today, but this is far from over!” then he vanished and was gone, leaving Davis to stand tall and proud. “It'll take more than that to beat Masked Rider.”
 
 
Dragon was mad that all his precious insectotrons were gone, “Cyclopter… you have failed me again!” he growled.
 
Cyclopter bowed, almost in a beg for forgiveness. “Yes, my count. I am to blame, but I…”
 
“But you also have helped me a great deal.” Dregon cut in.
 
“Sire…?”
 
The other minions were confused. Then it became obvious the Dregon had been able to use the energy Cyclopter had collected to help him go deeper into his oncoming master-plan. “Soon Masked Rider will come to me… and when he does… I shall be ready. Heh, heh, heh…!”
 
 
Davis had never had such an exciting adventure before. Just the same he was able to pull it off without transforming at first. He just glad it was over, so he headed back to school.
 
The first question asked, “Davis what happened to you pants?” Kari said.
 
Davis realized that his jeans were now short, due to him ripping off the legs to serve as his mask. “Oh, I was running fast to get back here… uh… and I guess the fell apart. They are old jeans.
 
The others believed him, and so did Kari, though she did sense Davis was lying.
 
Davis suddenly felt someone tap his back. It was Cassie, and she didn't seem pleased “Davey… we need to talk.” she said. Davis remembered he had run off and didn't make it back in time to see Cassie's closing act which he had promised her the day before the charity drive.
 
“Oh, Cass… look I'm sorry, but there was something really big I had to take care of.” He said to her. “Can't you forgive me… again… anyway?”
 
His girlfriend hesitated for a moment, and then her arms curled around him. Davis assumed she was pulling him into an embrace, only to have a bucket of water dumped over him soaking him from head to toe. “I can forgive you now.” Cassie giggled.
 
Davis lifted the bucket off his head with a straight look on his face. The others laughed at him, and as embarrassed as Davis felt, he picked up a second bucket full that was near him. “Uh, Davis…?” Ken asked.
 
“Hey, now… take it easy.” added Yolei.
 
SPLOSH! Davis soaked all his friends. Now they ALL were wet, and laughing at each other. A fitting end to a fitting day.
 
 
Will Davis remember to get a real substitute mask…?
 
Will Veemon even get his computers fixed…?
 
Is Dregon finally ready to put his Master-Plan into action…?
 
And will Cyclopter consider becoming an electrician…?
 
All this and many more, on the next exciting episode of… MASKED RIDER!