Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The New adventures of Masked Rider ❯ Cold bug ( Chapter 14 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

EPISODE FOURTEEN
 
 
Count Dregon had not reported to the main-chamber of the castle that day, which worried some of them. They wondered if he was so incredibly furious and worried that he was running out of monsters.
 
The wall of insectotrons was almost bare. So many of them were sent to attack Masked Rider, and yet not one of them were able to bring success. However, Dregon was seemingly showing little concern towards this almost as if he were up to something.
 
Something really big!
 
The minions all decided they would have to act on their own. All they had to do now was determine which of the few remaining insectotrons to send.
 
Just then, Fact began to buzz and beep, “Database detects Masked Rider conversing over the phone with another human.”
 
“On screen!” ordered Double-Face.
 
 
Cassie was calling Davis, who was sick in bed that day. “Hey Davey. How're you feeling?”
 
Davis wiped his nose. “Awful!” he groaned. “I hate having a cold.”
 
Cassie hoped her boyfriend would get well soon. “I miss you already.” she playfully kissed into the phone, and left Davis to get some rest.
 
That's when Jun came into his room with a dish of hot-soup, a sandwich, and orange-juice. She was also wearing dish gloves, and a mask over his face. “Here you go squirt.” She said kindly, though.
 
Davis sat upright, and couldn't help but tease her, “That's a cute look for you-- Covering up your big mouth.”
 
Jun rolled her eyes, but knew her brother was just joking. “Hey, this is what I get for having YOU as a brother.”
 
Davis chuckled softly, then he sneezed, prompted Jun to leave quickly before she caught anything. Davis sighed and sat comfortably while he ate his lunch.
 
 
At school, Kari was making a “Get-Well” card for Davis, and got the others to sign it. Cassie made her own, and it was rather… well… overdone. Lots of hearts and, and lipstick smears from the many places she kissed the card.
 
It was also decided that Kari would be the one to give it to Davis after school. “Me? But why? Can't Yolei or Ken do it, they do live closer.”
 
Yolei and Ken shook their heads, saying they had stuff to do right after school. TK fibbed as well, as this was all an attempt to get Kari closer to Davis. Kari sensed they were all doing this deliberately. “Fine, I'll do it.” she said, “But if I get sick, you guys are going to be sorry.” she teased.
 
After she had gone off to her next class, the others began to feel a little strange about this. “Maybe we shouldn't have…” Ken said, “I mean… it won't really be romantic or anything like that if Davis is sick.”
 
Yolei disagreed though, “You came to see me plenty of times, with flowers, even when I had just a headache.”
 
Ken blushed a little in embarrassment.
 
TK knew that if Kari showed Davis she cared by dropping in on him with a card she made herself. “Something's bound to happen between those two. I just know it.”
 
 
Dregon's minions decided, that with Davis sick in bed, this would be the perfect opportunity to round up slaves.
 
Gork nodded his head, “Slaves will haven, and with Masked Rider sick…
…If he battles then he'll surely be kicked.”
 
Cyclopter nearly kicked him for that, “We know that, you little parasite! You're even more annoying than Fact is with her obvious commands.”
 
Fact buzzed, almost in a sign of outrage.
 
“Stop this bickering at once!” growled Double-Face. “I shall send the insectortron, Kongounite to Earth. Its many arms shall serve us well in the gathering of Earth's people.” Then he sent the monster on its way.
 
 
Before long, many people were being terrorized by a giant bug creature with six arms, the police tried to apprehend the beast, but to avail. “You puny Earthlings and your guns.” Kongounite mocked them. “Surrender to Count Dregon!”
 
Already he had pulled lampposts out of the street, punched holes in solid brick-walls with his, POWER SLAPPING!” even flipped and stacked cars over each other. “Bra, ha, ha, ah, ah, ah…!”
 
 
Davis sneezed again, “Ah, man… I hate this.” he groaned.
 
Veemon was barley able to sleep either in his basket-bed, what with all the sniffing and groping noises Davis made. “You think you can't shtand it…?” Suddenly, Veemon noticed Davis' D3 was bleeping. “Davish…?”
 
No response.
 
“Davish…?”
 
Davis still didn't' answer as his head was buried under his pillow. Veemon hated to do this, but he kicked the soccer ball on the floor and onto Davis pillow, he winced and groaned in pain “Veemon…!” but before he said anything else he saw his D3. “Oh, no! Not now!” he groaned.
 
He flicked on his bedroom TV, and the news confirmed there was indeed an insectotron, but unfortunately his parents saw it too. “Davis, don't you even think about it.” his mother said. “You're too sick, and you need your rest.”
 
Davis wiped his nose, “Mom… I can't just ignore this, people are getting hurt more than I feel like dirt already. I have to do something.”
 
His parents weren't sure about it, but of course, remembering there was no other way. “The moment you start feeling worse, you come straight home.”
 
Davis nodded, and shook himself awake. “Good luck, Son.” His father said.
 
“Thanks, Dad…” Davis said. “Ectophase, Activate!”
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
MASKED RIDER…!
 
 
More and more citizens were running in panic from an area of the city that was one big mess. “You can run, but you'll never escape me.” Kongounite hissed. Then suddenly, “A-YAH!” Davis leapt down from almost nowhere. “Stop right there!” he growled, and then sniffed.
 
“Well, well, Masked Rider. Shouldn't you be home in bed? Heh, heh, heh…?” Kongounite mocked.
 
“Shouldn't you be sliding back under the filth you crawled out of?” Davis protested. “Ah… Ah-choo!”
 
Kongounite's head throbbed in anger, “I'll make you wished you never got up for that.” and the fight was on, but just as Davis feared, his cold was slowing him down a little and making it hard to concentrate, but he kept on trying nonetheless.
 
“Pretty impressive, but maybe you should take your medicine. MULTIPLEARM BOMBS!” With his six-huge arms he fired thunderbolts, and not one of them missed. “AAH-- OHH…!” Davis felt sore. “Ah, man… that so did not make me feel any better! Ah-Choo...!”
 
He managed to get to his feet, and tried to perform his, “RIDER-KICK!” but his cold slowed him down badly and caused him to fall short. “Not, cool…!” he coughed.
 
Then he was grabbed by four of Kongounite's arms. “Well here…” he hissed, “Let me bind you nice and snug. Hee, hee, hee…” He tightened his grip, and Davis almost felt like his bones were breaking. “Ow… ohh… Now I know how a toothpaste tube feels.” he cried.
 
“Heh, heh… now to take care of that headache of yours, and with his remaining free two arms, he punched and pummeled Davis in the head, one, two! One, two! “Ah! Oh! Ah! Oh!”
 
Davis was in big trouble now, he was bound so tight he couldn't reach his D3 to contact Veemon, and his sickness was making him almost too weak to even see straight. “This can't be happening to me!” cried Davis. “Ah… Ah… AHCHOO! CHOO… AH-CHOO!”
 
“Blah!” growled Kongounite, “How dare you sneeze on me! Gross!”
 
Davis was confused, “A slimy bug like you worried about germs?”
 
Then suddenly it became clear to Davis. Digimon wee able to get sick too, and since insectotrons were made up from Digimon, and were above all, LIVING THINGS, they too could catch colds.
 
Davis began to cough and hack, almost purposely. “Eww… cut it out!” growled Kongounite. “If you don't wanna catch my cold, you better put me down.” chuckled Davis.
 
Kongounite thought that was ridiculous, I am a powerful insectotron! I MAKE people sick… I never… ne… ne… YEE-CHEAA!” That powerful sneeze and Davis was thrown clear from the arms.
 
“Uh oh… looks like someone's getting sick.” Davis mocked.
 
Kongounite didn't believe it. One little sneeze couldn't mean that. “I'll still get at you. Hah! POWER VAJARA!”
 
Davis felt, “Uh-oh! That can't be good…” and it wasn't good at all, for the monster was summoning forth three spirits, much like the Maggots to fight for him. “Ah! Four against one! AH-CHOO…! Talk about cheap.”
 
Nevertheless, now that he was free from those arms, he had a fighting chance at least, so the battle was on, but these spirits, as they were, were exceedingly difficult to attack, even if Davis wasn't sick.
 
“Whoa! These guys are fast.” he grunted. “I hope I can hold up! Ah… Ahchoo!”
 
As the spirits continued to battle with Davis, Kongounite felt stranger and stranger. “What's this tickling in the back of my throat?” he groaned. “And this clogging of my sense of smell… Ah… ah… AH-CHEEA!”
 
That sneeze proved it, “Haw-Haw! You did catch my cold.” He teased. “That's how it starts. First you start sneezing… then your throat acts up, and your nose gets blocked. Ah-Choo!”
 
Kongounite was not going to stand for this humiliation. “I'll make you wish you hadn't passed your filthy Earth germs onto me.” he roared. “MUPTIPLE ARM BOMBS!” he tried to unleash his thunderbolts, but they didn't fire very well this time… if anything they actually attacked him as well as Davis.
 
Both of them rolled to the ground. “What? How did that happen?” growled Kongounite.
 
Davis had a feeling he knew why. Usually when people had colds, their bodies didn't work as well as they did. “Your powers must not be working well either.”
 
The monster tried to strike Davis again, but he SNEEZED and his powers backfired on him, shocking him as much as he pounded Davis. “YEOW… AAHH!” Now he was finding it hard to keep his balance, just like how Davis felt when his cold fist started.
 
“Too bad… I think you need to take a good long rest.” Davis mocked, and his powers weren't quite of whack. So he pulled out his,“ELECTRO-SABER!”
 
“…FIRE!”
 
KAPOW! “NOOO… THIS CAN'T BE!” the monster groaned. “Ah… Ah… AHHH---!” EXPLODED with that last sneeze, and was really gone. Davis stood tall and proud, “That'll teach you to mess with Masked Rider. Ah-Choo!”
 
 
At Dregon's castle, you can bet your boots when Dregon found out about his minions sending a monster without his approval-- he was angry! It made him even madder to know that they weren't even able to beat Masked Rider will he was sick.
 
He had blasted each and every one of them with his scepter, and warned them all. “The next time anyone pulls off a stunt like this without my approval… their head shall roll!”
 
The minions all cowered in fear and almost even begged for forgiveness, but Dregon just stomped out of the main-chamber and went back to his quarters, leaving his minions feeling confused. What was he up to?
 
When Dregon got to his quarters, something very bright and glowing lay before him, but no one else could see it. “Soon…” he muttered, “Very soon, I'll have all that I need. Hmm, mm, mm…!”
 
 
Davis felt so relieved to be back home and in bed again. A hot-water bottle resting on his stomach and an extra-blanket to keep him warm. He was feeling a little better, but he still needed plenty of rest and a another day at least before he could go back to school.
 
As much as Davis liked being home from school, he'd much rather have a day off when he was well instead f being stuck in bed. He really wished he had a friend to talk to about now.
 
That's when there was a knock at the door. “Ooh… my head.” He moaned softly. “Come in…”
 
The door opened and Kari walked in. Davis began to smile as she smiled back at him. “Hi Davis. How're you feeling?”
 
Davis wiped his nose with his tissue, “A bit better, but… I'm still down for the count.”
 
Kari didn't blame him, for the way he looked she thought he was out and involved n some sort of fight… which was the truth, but she didn't know that.
 
Kari sat on the end of the bed, away from Davis so not to catch what was left of his cold. She gazed over at him and turned away giggling softly. Davis' face was red a bit, but that was probably his cold.
 
Kari gave Davis the “Get Well” cards, “The guys send their wishes.” Davis thought they were cute, and he chuckled a little at Cassie's… special… card with the lip-gloss smears. “Well… someone really misses me.” he joked.
 
Kari giggled at the joke, then gazed warmly at Davis, “We all miss you. I hope you get well soon.”
 
Kari was really showing a lot of concern for Davis, and she did just come herself to give him those lovely cards, and even made one of them herself. Davis realized if he was ever going to confirm about Kari's feelings, now was the perfect time.
 
“Kari…?”
 
“Yeah…?”
 
Davis was silent for a moment, “Uh… I wanna know… are you…” he paused, “If it's possible…” Finally he was about to say he magic words when there was another knock at the door. It was Cassie, here to help keep her boyfriend company. “Hi Davey.” She cooed.
 
No sooner had she come in did Kari quickly get up and leave without saying a thing. “What was that about?” Cassie asked. Her boyfriend simply referred to it as, “Nothing really…”
 
 
Kari was standing in the lift alone, with the doors closed, but she hadn't even pressed the down button yet. She didn't know what to say, feel, or even think. She was close there, so close but it slipped away again.
 
She wondered for the absolute millionth time why she was doing this. Sure she loved him, and wanted to be with him, but he was with that other girl sitting in his room right now. Plus she had no idea how Davis really felt about her.
 
Her situation was hanging by a small thread, and it looked ready to break. Kari wiped away her tears and started the lift down.
 
 
Is Davis more lovesick than plain sick…?
 
Will Veemon ever get his privacy back…?
 
What secret-plan is Count Dregon up to…?
 
And Is this really the end of the insectotrons…?
 
All this and many more, on the next exciting episode of… MASKED RIDER!