Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Quest for Hope ❯ Meetings ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: We finally get to the good part, or one of them. That is assuming that someone has read this far.

"I still think that there's something up there." Jyou looked up into the trees surrounding the park. "I'm not paranoid you know."

"I'm not saying that you're paranoid," answered Koushiro. "But I don't see anything. And you spend way too much time reading all of those books about magic and the Fay. I'm just saying that I think that you are beginning to believe what you are reading."

"And you don't?"

"I don't think that the Fay are still around."

Koushiro and Jyou were waiting in the park for Daisuke and Ken. They weren't sure when the other two boys would show up. Ken had lately been more and more distant from the rest of the group. So neither boy was certain when or if the other two would show up.

Jyou sighed. "It's still possible that they are around."

Yamato looked down on the two boys from the tree.

"Takeru, he can see us. That might not be a good thing."

"Or it might be. Maybe he's what we're searching for." Takeru looked at his brother. "Why don't we go see? We can't just watch the humans. We have to find a way to get them to help us. That has to be the reason why we're here."

"I know. But it's been so long since a Fay has talked to one."

"Well, it's time for it to end." Takeru jumped down out of the tree and started to make his way over. Jyou and Koushiro had sat down on a bench facing away from the two Fay. Yamato followed his brother.

"Hi," said Takeru. "Why don't you believe that magic exists?"

Jyou and Koushiro turned around. What they saw surprised both of them. There in front of them were two blond haired boys. That in and of itself wouldn't be unusual except for the fact that both of the boys had wings. They were similar to butterfly wings except that they looked like they were made from soap bubbles in the way that rainbows seemed to dance around on them.

"What are you?" asked Koushiro.

"We're Fay," answered Takeru. "We've come to find something."

"Actually more than one thing, but we had to start somewhere," continued Yamato. "I'm Yamato, and this is my little brother, Takeru."

"I'm Koushiro and this is my friend Jyou," said Koushiro.

"I can't believe that you are actually here," said Jyou. "I never thought that I would see a Fay in Vallen."

"Well, we never thought that we would be here," said Yamato. "But we are."

"Can I touch you? That came out wrong, but I just have to know that I'm not dreaming this."

Yamato smiled and went over to where Jyou was sitting. He knelt down in front of Jyou.

"Why is your necklace glowing?" asked Jyou as he put a hand on Yamato's shoulder. "Am I doing something wrong?"

Yamato looked down at the amulet Luana had given him. It was glowing a bright purple color. He looked back up at Jyou. "No, I think that means that you're doing something right. Do you have anybody?"

"Have anybody?" Jyou was confused.

"Somebody that you love," explained Takeru as Yamato just looked at Jyou. He knew that his brother didn't know how to ask.

Yamato just stared. Here was the other half of his soul. But would he accept him? Would he understand how much he needed him?

"No. I've never dated anyone." Jyou was puzzled. Why was Yamato just looking at him like that? He felt like at any moment the Fay would fly off and leave him, and that was the last thing that he wanted to happen.

Yamato felt a great sense of relief sweep over him. He reached up and pulled Jyou on top of him. Jyou felt himself being pulled into a hug that felt like it would never end.

"I've waited forever and ever. Please don't leave. Please?"

Jyou didn't know what to do or say. "Why would I leave?" All of this was getting way too confusing.

Koushiro spoke up. "Can you explain what is going on?"

"I don't know if we can," said Takeru. "But I can try. The Fay mate for life. We find our mates when we have about ten years. Every Fay has one mate, their soul mate. For generations the Fay have always found their mates in the valley, with other Fay. However, both Yamato and I never found our mates because we don't have mates among the Fay. Our mates are here. That is one reason why were are here. The amulets that we have are to help us find them."

"I've waited so long," said Yamato. "So very, very long." He continued to hold Jyou and put his head on top of Jyou's head. "I never thought that I would find you."

Koushiro grinned at his friend. Jyou was torn between pushing himself out of the Fay's arms and staying there forever. He was very confused. Koushiro had never thought that there would be a time when someone latched on to Jyou and wouldn't let go, but someone had. He started giggling.

"What is so funny?" asked Takeru.

"I never thought that someone would just attack Jyou like that. He usually isn't interested in people, just books."

"Well, we did bring books with us. Do you want to read them?" Yamato wanted to do anything that would keep Jyou with him long enough to make Jyou understand how much he was needed by the older Fay. "I know that Kia and Luana wouldn't mind. And I've studied most of them, so I could help you."

Jyou looked into Yamato's face. There was such longing there, longing for Jyou's acceptance. "If you want to."

It was at that moment that Daisuke and Ken both turned up in the park. They looked across at the four boys.

"I don't think I've seen anything like that before," said Daisuke. "I mean, who are those boys. And why in the world is Jyou sitting in one of them's lap?"

"There is one way to find out," said Ken. And the two boys started across the field to where the boys were.

Ken started wondering why in the world two of the boys were dressed up in costume and why one had Jyou on his lap.

"Daisuke, what do you think is going on?"

"Ken, let's just go find out. Besides, I'm sure that you will find a reasonable explanation. Unless you're upset about someone else hugging Jyou?"

Ken sighed. "I don't feel that way. How many times do I have to tell you that I'm not interested in Jyou that way. In fact, I'm not interested in anyone."

"And so you're missing out on life."

"I'm not missing out on anything. There are many, many things to learn and I'm not missing out on anything. That just isn't part of me."

By this time the boys had made it over to Jyou and Koushiro. "So, where is the costume party?" asked Daisuke, "And who's attacking Jyou?

"Party?" asked Jyou. "And this is Yamato and his younger brother, Takeru."

"And as for why Jyou's being attacked," Koushiro started laughing. "Apparently, Yamato is Jyou's mate."

"And none of this explains why they are in costume," said Ken.

"Costume?" asked Takeru. "This is the way we are."

Ken looked at Takeru confused. "The way you are???"

"Yes, I've always been this way. We're from the valley."

"So you're Fay?" asked Daisuke.

Suddenly Takeru's necklace began to glow just like Yamato's had.

"Oh, no," said Koushiro, "Sorry, he's mine." Koushiro got up and walked over to where Daisuke was standing and put his arms around him.

"Not that I mind, but what was that about?" Daisuke asked while snuggling into Koushiro.

"It looks like Takeru has found his mate, and I'm not letting him take you."

Daisuke kissed Koushiro. "It's good that you're so possessive of me."

Ken rolled his eyes. "How can a necklace decide who your mate is? That just doesn't make logical sense."

"It's not that the necklace decides for us," said Yamato finally looking up at Ken. "Our mates are the other half of our souls. The necklace only points out who can make us whole." Yamato ran his hand though Jyou's hair. "It's very lonely only having half of your soul."

Takeru looked at Ken. "Haven't you ever felt lonely?"

Ken shrugged. "Feeling's aren't very important. They usually just get in the way."

Takeru went up to Ken. "How can feelings get in the way?"

"How in the world can you exist? Look, I'm tired to this silliness. I don't know how you got Daisuke roped into pulling this on me, but I'm leaving. This has become extremely stupid. Their aren't any Fay, necklaces don't tell you your future. I've gone along with this as far as I can, but this is getting too silly." Ken turned around and stalked off. "When you are finished Dai remember that we do need to work on our school project."

Takeru looked sadly as Ken walked away. "Why?"

Yamato helped Jyou up and walked over to where Takeru was standing. "I wish I knew. He's the one isn't he?"

Takeru nodded sadly. "And he doesn't even believe that I exist."

"Well, well," said Daisuke, "you want Ken?"

Takeru looked at Daisuke. "What do you mean?"

"I mean that you want to date him."

"I want him to stay with me forever."

"That would be a yes. Are you ready to work for it? He really is hard headed at times."

"Just like his friend," said Koushiro.

Daisuke turned around and stuck his tongue out at his boyfriend. "And what does that mean?"

"It means that you can be just as stubborn as he is. And in this case it might be a good thing."

Daisuke, Takeru, Jyou, and Yamato looked at Koushiro expectantly.

"Takeru is going to need some help to make Ken see how much he loves him. And you are just the person to do that. You now have a willing person to date him."

Daisuke smiled. "That is true." He looked at Takeru. "You won't let him scare you away will you? He can be very ummm……"

Koushiro finished for him. "Obnoxious and overbearing."

"He just needs to know someone loves him," answered Takeru.

"And you are just the person to show him that," said Yamato. "You have always been there for me, and I know that you have the strength to help him."

Takeru looked at his brother and smiled. "Maybe being your brother has prepared me for dealing with Ken. You are the moodiest Fay of all time."

"Well, I had reason to be. But not now." Yamato went over to Jyou and put his arms around him. Jyou started blushing.

"Why me?" asked Jyou.

"Why not?" said Koushiro. "You do deserve to be happy. And so far, he does seem to do that. Besides who else can help you learn everything there is to know about the Fay?"

"Then you can help us?" asked Yamato. "Do you know why the bridges are broken?"

"Bridges are broken?" asked Jyou.

"The quest that we have been sent on is to find out how to fix the bridges. It is believed that the way to fix them must be here. Without the bridges connecting Fay and Vallen, we will always be trapped," explained Takeru.

"So the reason that we haven't seen Fay is that the bridges are broken?" asked Jyou.

Takeru nodded. "All but one, and that one will break within the month."

"If we don't find a way to fix it, we'll be trapped here. That's why the Fay haven't come in a long time. We were sent because the Council believes we are the only ones who can find a way to fix them," said Yamato.

"That's a lot to put on you two," said Jyou. "Do you think you can do it?"

"With all of your help, I do think so," said Takeru.

"You never give up, do you?" Yamato smiled at his brother. "That's why I know you will make Ken understand."

"And you will learn how to cheer up," giggled Takeru. "Always believe in the impossible. Life is so much more fun that way."

****************************************************************** ****************

Ken walked into his room and sat down on his bed. Why had he done that? Why did he do a lot of things? That boy Takeru seemed very nice. In fact he was the first person Ken had seen who actually made him want to know everything about him.

Well, not exactly the first person. He did like Dai. But Dai didn't have the same aura that the new boy did. But what if things didn't work out? Ken laid down on his bed. Dai meant a lot to him. He didn't want to lose him. Dai and Koushiro didn't worry him very much. He knew that Dai would always be around as long as he needed him. But what if being around Takeru made Dai leave? He couldn't think about that. Dai had been around so long….

Ken knew that he was being paranoid. There are plenty of people in the world who have both best friends and boyfriends, he argued with himself. Just try to see if it would work. It wouldn't be so bad to have another friend. Maybe this one would be someone who would always be there. Dai did need to spend time with Koushiro. And Dai was right about there being more to life than books. He just didn't find anyone who intrigued him as much as his books.

Until now…..