Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Quest for Hope ❯ Clues ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

AN: Still don't own Digimon, and I have lost compete control as to where this story is going. Apparently Ken and Yamato are writing it, so blame them. ;p

Daisuke walked over to Ken's house. The other boys had gone to Jyou's house. Jyou was going to go through all of his research about the Fay in Vallen to try to see if he could find out what had happened. Daisuke was going to go work with Ken on their school project and try to get Ken to help them out.

Daisuke hopped up the stairs to Ken's house and knocked on the door. Ken opened it.

"Hello, Dai."

"Hi, Ken," Daisuke chirped. "See, I did come to work on our project." Ken and Daisuke walked into Ken's bedroom. Ken sat at his desk and Daisuke sat down on the bed.

Ken shook his head. "I'm sorry about earlier. I just don't like jokes."

"Why do you think it was a joke?"

Ken sighed. "Dai, you know how I feel about Fay. They don't exist and you are always saying that they do. So then you play a joke on me."

"Ken, I swear that we didn't play a joke. I have never seen Yamato and Takeru until today."

"Takeru is….." Ken looked down, "different from other people. Where did he come from?"

"You really are stubborn. I don't know. All I do know is what they told us. They are Fay who have come to Vallen on a quest."

Ken looked at Daisuke angrily. "Stop playing this game. The Fay do not exist. They are just fairy tales made up from some long past time. Why are you continuing to play this game?"

"Then why are you so attracted to Takeru?"

Ken stood up and walked around the room "Why do you think that?"

"Because of the way you are acting. Any other day you wouldn't have given them another thought. You would be getting me to start working on our project. Instead, you are asking me questions about Takeru."

"So? He's new."

"So is Yamato. And you're not asking me questions about him."

"Yamato is Takeru's brother. If I know more about Takeru, I'll learn about him."

"I can see that you can rationalize very well."

Ken sat back down at his desk and started working on his computer. He changed the subject quickly. "OK. Where were we on this project?"

Daisuke shook his head and stood up and walked over to the desk. He sat down in an extra chair by Ken. "I think that we were working on the conclusion." Dai realized that he had pushed Ken as far as he was going to go, but Daisuke wasn't going to give up yet on his friend.

**************************************************************** ******************

At Jyou's house, Takeru and Koushiro were going though Jyou's research on the Fay while Yamato and Jyou were looking though the books the two Fay had brought with them.

"You have a lot of information here," Jyou said looking at Yamato. Yamato was sitting very close to Jyou. He was looking over Jyou's shoulder. Jyou couldn't help but think that Yamato really didn't want to do research. Well, maybe not research with books.

Yamato made affirmative noises while stroking Jyou's hair. "We may need it to fix the bridges. At least that's what Luana and Kia said."

"Luana and Kia?"

"The Fay who raised us after our parents died."

Jyou looked up at Yamato. "You don't have any family?"

"Just Takeru."

"You must have been very lonely."

Yamato pulled Jyou close to him. "But I won't be anymore." He kissed Jyou on top of his head. "And when Takeru convinces Ken that they are soul mates, he won't be alone anymore either."

"Yamato, we really haven't been alone. We have had Luana and Kia and our friends," Takeru said from the floor where he was with Koushiro.

Koushiro looked at Takeru. "Well, as soon as Dai gets Ken to see reason, you will have your mate too."

"Reason doesn't have anything to do with falling in love," responded Takeru.

**************************************************************** ******************

Unknown to the boys, in another part of Vallen, a man looked at his computer. "The program is almost finished. In less than a month, the Fay will be gone forever. We will no longer have to worry about their corrupting influence on our young."

Kazuki looked at his computer. "The program will complete its tasks in less than a month. Then those Fay will be out of Vallen forever. I will have completed my father's wishes for there to be no more Fay. It will have taken many generations, but we will have won. There will be no more silliness about magic. Everything will be proper and orderly just like it should be."

What was unknown to him, was that the program had already been found, but not the purpose of it.

******************************************************************** **************

Koushiro logged on to his computer. "It's been two days of searching, but we haven't found anything."

Daisuke was laying down on Koushiro's bed. "And two days of me trying to talk sense into Ken. But I haven't been able to do anything about getting him together with Takeru. He is very insistent that nothing is going on between them."

"I'm not sure how much longer Takeru can wait on him. Jyou and Yamato have gotten closer and closer. In fact, Jyou's parents are out of town right now and Yamato's staying over."

Daisuke grinned. "I wonder how long it will take for Yamato to get inside Jyou's pants."

Koushiro through a pen at Daisuke. "Dai, please, let's not talk about my best friend's sex life."

"Do you want to talk about ours instead?"

Koushiro ignored his boyfriend and looked though his computer files. "Do you remember that interesting program I showed you before?"

"Yep. The one that you had me met you at the library for."

"Yes. Well, I found an interesting coincidence. It will end in about a month. That's the same time line the Fay gave us for the bridges collapsing."

"That's interesting. But I can't see the connection. Magic doesn't have anything to do with computers and vice versa."

"But you do know that sufficiently advanced technology appears no different than magic. So maybe magic can be affected by sufficiently advanced technology."

"But who would want to do that? Who would want the Fay to just disappear?"

"That is a good question. It would have to be more than one person. If what we are suggesting is true, then it would have taken generations to accomplish."

"Maybe Jyou might know. He's been collecting information on the Fay. Maybe he knows who would do something like this."

"We will see him tomorrow when we meet up with the group. Is Ken going to be there?"

"I'm going to sleep over at his house tonight. So I'll drag him along. He's avoided Takeru enough."

*************************************************************** *******************

Ken was reading though his new books. He had been to an out of the way bookstore and had found a couple of books that he was interested in. He started reading. An hour later he sat up and reread what he had just seen. He got up and went over to the phone. He quickly called a familiar number.

"Dai?"

"Yes. I'm going to be there in about an hour. I didn't forget."

"I'm not calling because of that. I just read something that might be what you and the others are looking for."

"What?"

"Come over. I'll show you. You might as well bring the others."

"Even Takeru?"

"Yes. Even him."

"See you soon."

"We'll be there"

Ken hung up the phone and went to sit down on his bed. In the last two days he had reconsidered whether or not the Fay existed. The fact that he had met Takeru and Yamato had made him come to the conclusion that it was possible. And he wanted to see Takeru again. He wanted to figure out what attracted him so strongly.

Ken looked down at his book. And it looked like he had found a clue to the mystery. So he had to tell them, right? Even if it was just a fairy tale, he couldn't keep this information to himself. People had a right to know.

****************************************************************** ************************

Ken heard the doorbell ring. He went to answer the door.

"Hi, Ken. I brought Koushiro and Jyou. What's up that you need to talk to everyone tonight?" asked Daisuke.

"Ken, it's nice that you invited more friends over." Ken's mom walked out of the kitchen. "Are we going to have more of your friends staying the night?"

"No, ma'am. Jyou and I have to go home later. We just came to talk to Ken," answered Koushiro.

"Well, that's fine. You boys go talk. I'm sure that Ken will enjoy your visit." Ken's mom went back into the kitchen.

Ken led the group into his bedroom. He sat down on the bed among the books that he had just bought. "Where are Yamato and Takeru?" he asked.

Daisuke went to Ken's dormer windows and opened them. "We can't exactly have boys with wings walking in the front door, can we?"

Yamato and Takeru flew in. Yamato flew right into Jyou and knocked him into the wall. "Hi. Miss me?"

"You weren't gone long enough for me to miss you," answered Jyou.

Takeru stood in front of Ken. "Hi. How have you been?"

"I've been fine. I found something that you and your brother might find useful."

Yamato had gotten Jyou in his lap with his back against the wall. Koushiro looked at them. "Not now boys. You can do all of that stuff when you get back to Jyou's. We need to do some work." Jyou blushed while Yamato pouted.

Daisuke sat down in Ken's desk chair and spun around. "Well, what did you find?"

Koushiro sat down on another chair next to Daisuke. Takeru had gotten comfortable on the floor in front of Ken. Ken picked up one of the books on his bed. "I found a story about a group who didn't like magic. They wanted all magic to be banned from Vallen and all Fay to be banned also. According to this story, they were prevented from passing a law by the governor and went underground."

"You said this was a story?" asked Takeru.

"It is an old tale meant to teach children about fearing the unknown. But if such a group existed, they may have found a way to prevent the Fay from coming to Vallen."

"That's a leap of logic," said Koushiro. "I'm not sure how that would help us."

"A lot of folk tales are based on some facts. This one struck me as being something that may have happened in the past and was used to teach children."

Yamato nodded. "We have stories that way. It's easier to teach using history. That way we know our history as well as the lessons that we should learn from it."

"So where does that get us?" asked Jyou. "We have Koushiro's program and Ken's story. That's not much to act on. None of my research has an organized group against the Fay. There have been conflicts on and off, but nothing that would lead to a massive organization."

"Koushiro's program?" asked Ken as he put his book back on the bed.

Koushiro nodded. "A program that I found. It will end its run about the same time as Yamato and Takeru say that the bridges will collapse."

"So maybe the organization is using the computer network to carry out their plan," mused Ken. "That's assuming that everything that we have found is correct. I would guess that our next step is to find out what exactly the computer program does."

"Well, I've already started on that. The problem is getting at the programming. Whoever put this together has a very good security system attached to it. It's going to take me a few days, at least."

Daisuke gave his boyfriend a kiss. "Then that gives us a few days to figure out what this organization is."

Koushiro gave Daisuke a kiss and stood up. "I need to be getting home. Are you coming, Jyou?"

Jyou stood up. "I'm right behind you. I'll meet you at my house Yamato. I'll leave my bedroom window open."

Yamato stood up and walked to the window. "I'll see you there" He winked at Jyou and flew off.

Jyou shook his head and started out the door with Koushiro. Daisuke went out after them. "I'll be right back, Ken."

Ken looked down at Takeru. "Where are you going to be tonight?"

Takeru shrugged. "I'll probably find an old tree. They have some of the best places to sit and think, as well as sleep."

"You've been sleeping in trees? That doesn't seem safe."

"Why not? I live in a house in a tree at home. What's the difference?"

"I just don't like the idea of you sleeping in trees. Why don't you stay with Jyou or Koushiro or Daisuke?"

Takeru looked at Ken with a smile on his face. "Yamato wouldn't want me bothering his fun with Jyou, Koushiro needs time to work on his computer, and Daisuke…Well, his sister scares me sometimes. It's just easier for me to sleep in the trees."

"Well, I can't let you do that."

"And how are you going to stop me?" Takeru was almost giggling now. "According to you I don't exist or I am only here to annoy you. You really need to make up your mind about me. Do you care or not?"

Ken looked down at his hands. "I care about you. I'm just not sure about you being my soul mate."

"That's an improvement then."

"So you will be finding a different place to stay."

Takeru shook his head. "Where exactly would you suggest?" He shook his wings. "I don't exactly fit in. And I don't want to answer a lot of questions."

Ken sighed and looked up at Takeru. "Then you'll have to stay here with me. I'm not going to allow you to sleep outside. It's just not done."

Daisuke entered the room carrying a plate of cookies. "Sorry. Your mother stopped me to talk as usual. She sent in some cookies for us." He looked at Takeru. "You haven't left yet?"

Takeru shook his head. "Ken won't let me. He wants me to stay here with him."

Daisuke gave Ken a look. "So he did did he?"

Ken blushed and threw a pillow at Daisuke who easily dodged it. Takeru laid down on the floor and giggled. Ken smiled at Takeru. He really had a pretty laugh and he wanted to hear it more often.