Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The Real Me is Not the One You See ❯ The Meeting ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

The Real Me, is Not The One You See

Chapter One

"Who do you think they are?" asked Zeboramon. I peered through the bushes at the group of children walking by. "Well, they could be the digidestined we were warned about," I said uncertainly, "or they could just be normal kids." I finished, not knowing how I was supposed to tell. Zeboramon flattened her ears and snorted. "I doubt it." she said. I looked at her, surprised. "Huh? Why?" She looked at me with disgust in her voice, "One of them is wearing a pink cowboy outfit in broad daylight, another is wearing goggles, and all the boys have huge hair. They sound normal to YOU?" I tried to supress a giggle. If they found us, we could get in major trouble. "Okay, so what do you think we should do, Miss Know-It-All?" I asked. She looked at me, and tossed her head cockily. "Well, I'M here, so I say we confront them!" "Eight to one aren't good odds." I pointed out. "When your name is Zeboramon, it's the others whose odds aren't that great." she told in that 'I'm-so-bad' type of voice, and started to walk out of the trees. I grabbed her tail, and pulled her back. "R u crazy!?" I hissed, looking cautiosly out of the trees to see if the kids had noticed, and was relieved to see that they had not. "If they ARE the digidestined, that could be suicide!!!" I hissed at Ze (Zeboramon's nick) One of the younger members of the group stopped, and said loudly, "Did you here that?" Ze and I both freezed, hardly daring to breath. The group stopped for a while and listened, and then one said, "Nah, I don't hear nothing. Come on TK, let's keep moving." When they resumed their steady pace, we both breathed again. "Come on Lana, we don't even know if they ARE. How will we find out, huh? Just act all, like, BAD GIRL and stuff, it works on everyone else!" I looked at her doubtfully. "Trust me!" she said with a grin. "How come I always know we're toast when you say that?" I moaned, but made the nessasary adjustments on my outfit. When I was done I looked goth, in all black, and an arrogant look on my face. Ze nodded aprovingly and said, "Okay, we'll follow them for a while to see if they look dangerous. Come on, we've got to catch up." Ze led the way through the woods, and was just about to come out of the woods when a sudden thought struck me. "Hey Ze, they weren't going that fast, wouldn't we be past them right now?" She rolled her eyes at me. "Come on Lana, give me a little credit! I'm not THAT dense!" and then she slipped out of the forest. I sighed and followed, except when we got out, they weren't in front of us. "Where'd they go?" asked Ze, confused. "What th heck is THAT?!" shouted a voice from behind us. I growled and whirled around, and sure enough, there they were. Twenty feet behind us. I swore, and swung myself onto Ze's back, but while I was jumping, I felt something slip from inside my shirt, and fling around with me. "She's got a crest!!!" I heard a suprised voice yell. "Stop her!!!" another voice yelled. This time it was Ze who swore as she whirled around and began galloping away. "Stop! Wait!" a voice yelled. Fat chance. I thought as we tore like heck away from the eight kids. "Gabumon, digivolve!" a blond boy told his digimon. "No!" I screamed, fully aware he'd over take us in seconds. Ze gave a loud neigh, unfolded her wings, and took to the sky. "Tentomon go!" I looked back and a Kabuterimon finish digivolving, and jump into the sky after us. I screamed, and flung my arms around Ze's neck. Ze gave a neigh of terror, and beat her wings harder, keeping the distance between us and the digimon. If you're asking yourself, What the heck is your problem??? take a good look at a picture of Kabuterimon sometime. A mouth full of teeth that never seems to close, and an insect like exo-skeleton that will send shivers up your spine. Then make that thing bigger than a human, full grown. Scary much? Oh yeah, also the fact that we thought this thing was going to rip us to shreds to get to my crest, and that someone had told us these people were murderous helped a lot too. "Don't hurt her!" A boy yelled. Aw, want me alive do ya? Well sorry we can't stay. I I thought with sarcasism. "Let's lose this bug, Ze!" I yelled, getting a better grip on her mane. "You got it girlfriend!" she yelled back, and dived into the forest below, expertly weaving through trees. Kabuterimon tried to follow, but he ended up crashing into a large tree and de-digivolving. Ze and I looked at eachother, and through unspoken agreement, did a U-turn to go back to help the thing. It was, after all, not entirely this things fault that its master was blood-thirsty. We landed softly next to it. It appeared to be unconcious, and looked really banged up. I sighed, and took out my crest. I lightly touched him with it, and he began to glow in a turquiose light. He stirred, and looked up at me. "Wha?" was all he could say as he tried to get his bearings. I smiled down at him, and was about to tell him he was going to be all right, when I heard something crashing through the forest towards us. "Kabuterimon! Where are you?" I started to jump on Ze's back when someone grabbed my ankle. I snarled and turned around to see the blond haired guy. "Let go!" I yelled. "Guys! I've got her!" he yelled to the others. "Not for long." I snarled, and rammed my foot into his chest, knocking him flat, giving Ze time to take off. She began to flap her wings, but a large orange dinosaur blocked our path. "Hold it right there!" said the guy in the goggles, and stepped out of the forest. "Sorry, but we've got other plans." I said, and Ze wheeled around, and charged the other way, and took into the air. "I hate to have to do this, but..." said the guy with the goggles, and ordered his digimon to attack us. The last thing I saw, was Ze falling, and the ground before I blacked out.