Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ The ultimate battle ❯ The beginning... ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hi! Please try not to flame. This fic takes place in 02. Torie Adams, Fiona Takeru, Corrie Andrews, and Kathy Ciela are in a band. They join the digidestined and find new powers. I hope you like it! Btw, the band's name is Beauty within.
Disclaimer: I don't own digimon and all the other stuff like that. I do own the song 'I'm not your average girl' though.
Ages-
Torie: 16
Fiona: 16
Corrie: 16
Kathy: 16
Rose: 15
Kit Kat: 16
others: 02 ages

The band was having a practice one day, they all needed to work hard for a big show. Torie, of coarse, was working them harder than ever to make the perfect dance. All the girls were looking quite worn out. Torie is smart, funny, sweet, sarcastic, a little strange, and pretty strong. Fiona is smart as well, has a good sense of humor, and understands you (most the time...). Corrie can sometimes be sarcastic, is in touch with reality, sometimes acts strange (you know you do, Cor. Remember the 'Me Viking' thing?), and is faithful to the end. Kathy is smart, sporty, and doesn't care much about fashion. One thing they all have in common is they're best friends. Something is going to happen to these girls that will change their lives.
"Let's take it from the top!" cried Torie. All the other girls groaned in response.
"Can't we stop now? It's getting late, we need to get our sleep." said Corrie. thought Torie.
" I guess so, as long as you practice tomorrow. I want us to look good for our first appearance on stage." Torie said. Everyone gave a sigh of relief.
"I didn't work you that hard." said Torie. The others just ignored that and got ready to go home. thought Torie, as she picked up her bag.
"Hey, Tor! Want to walk home with me?" asked Fiona.
"Sure, Fi." Torie ran up to Fiona.
"I just have one question, why do you have to be such a perfectionist?" This was a very shocking thing to hear from Fiona. (yah, I would have thought Corrie would have said that)
"I guess I don't want to mess up. My mom is really strict about everything I do. I guess that's why I skipped a grade." Torie said. (she's not telling the truth!)
"I thought you were just lucky and it came naturally."
"It does, sometimes." Then things started to quiet down the rest of the walk. They said their good-byes as Torie went into her house. The first thing she did was call Rose. The phone rang, soon a voice was on the line.
"Hello?"
"Sup, Funkie? Are ya gonna be at the festival tomorrow? My band's playing there." said Torie.
"Ya, I'll be at the festival. I wanted to sing there too."
"Maybe I can let you in on a song or two."
"Thanks."
"Well, that's all for now. Bye, Rose."
"Bye," Rose said, as she hung up the phone. Torie then called Kit Kat and had a similar conversation. Frescamon, a little wolf-like digimon entered the room.
"TORIE! TORIE! TORIE!" cried Frescamon. She ran up and hugged Torie around the legs.
"WHAT? WHAT? WHAT?" asked Torie.
"Matt Ishida called!" a really big smile came across Torie's face. She has had a crush on Matt since as long as she could remember. Torie then leapt for the phone (literally). She dialed Matt's number in less than 3 seconds flat.
RING RING RING!
"Matt Ishida speaking. Who is this? If you are Tai, please jump off a cliff."
"Hey! It's Torie. Having problems with 'the Tai' again?"
"He won't talk to me. Even if he does, he always acts like I'm low insignificant life form." said Matt angrily.
"I know, Matt. I think he might be too late, in getting Sora back."
"How do you know about Sora? Anyway I told him I only want one girl in my life."
"And she would be?"
"......." there was silence at the other end.
"Matt?"
"Umm....." Torie decided not to bother him about the subject.
"I gotta go, Matt. Bye!"
"Bye, Torie-chan!" he hung up. She decided to go to bed, she needed her sleep.
The next day...
The girls were getting ready for their first appearance. thought Torie. As always, she wanted to make a good impression. Torie started rummaging through her closet. Finally, she picked out a Blue princess belly shirt and dark blue flare jeans. She went over to the mirror to fix her hair, it was extra curly today. Her eyes were more brown than green and her skin was as tan as usual. Torie sighed in defeat, since she couldn't manage to bush her long, thick, curly, brown hair. Putting on the finishing touches she was ready.
Corrie was having some problems of her own, it was a fashion crisis. "Nothing goes together." Corrie sighed. She tried on several outfits before settling on baby-blue hip huggers, and a dark, two toned spaghetti strapped shirt. She brushed her dirty blonde hair and put on her shoes.
Fiona didn't have many fashion problems though. She wore bell bottoms and a purple T-shirt to match her purple and white laptop. She put her wavy, brown hair up in a pony tail.
Kathy, of course, doesn't care much about fashion and wore whatever she could get her hands on. She didn't really do much with her hair. (It's wavy, blonde with a tinge of brown. And she has dark blue eyes. Just in case you wanted to know.)
Torie walked out into the living room to say 'good-bye' to Frescamon, but was surprised at what she saw. Frescamon was watching Jerry Springer.
"JERRY! JERRY! JERRY!"
"I'm not even gonna ask." said Torie, walking out the door.
At the festival...
"Hey Kit, Rose!" yelled Torie from up on stage. The band was getting ready for the concert. Rose is a pretty girl that is in love with Davis. Today she was wearing bellbottoms, a bellybutton halter top, and really high platforms. Then there was Kit Kat, she is 16 and has a boyfriend named Max "Thed" Thedris. She was wearing a black short skirt, a red halter top, and black shoes with knee socks.
"Ya guys havin' fun?" Torie asked.
"Uh-huh," said Kit Kat.
"Yuppers." said Rose.
"That's good." Torie said.
"TORIE! It's almost time to go on." yelled Corrie.
"Mmkay! I'll be there in a sec." Torie said buh-bye to Rose and Kit Kat, then went on stage. Torie was the lead singer, but the others sang some songs too. And soon they began to sing....

"Oh, oh
Yeah
I'm not your average girl!

I'll tell you now
That it's not just me (baby)
I'm different, can't you see?
I'll be better than the rest

I'm not a movie star, but no matter where you are
I'll be there
Don't give up on me
I'll stand by you
Don't wanna see you cry (Oh)
Don't wanna say good-bye
You can trust in me because
I'm not your average girl

Do you see it in my eyes?
(I'll be true to you)
No matter where you are
Just look for our star
I know your somewhere out there
And I'm gonna show you how great you are

I'm not a movie star, but no matter where you are
I'll be there
Don't give up on me
I'll stand by you
Don't wanna see you cry (Oh)
Don't wanna say good-bye
You can trust in me because
I'm not your average girl

I've been waiting long enough
I need to tell you how I feel
Forever together is how it's meant to be...

I'm not a movie star, but no matter where you are
I'll be there
Don't give up on me
I'll stand by you
Don't wanna see you cry (Oh)
Don't wanna say good-bye
You can trust in me because
I'm not a movie star, but no matter where you are
I'll be there
Don't give up on me
I'll stand by you
Don't wanna see you cry (Oh)
Don't wanna say good-bye
You can trust in me because
I'M NOT YOUR AVERAGE GIRL!"

"Arigato!" exclaimed Torie, as the song ended. They ran off stage to meet their friends.
"You were almost as good as my band." said Matt.
"Ya right! We were much better than your so called 'band'." Torie retorted.
"Whatever!" Matt said, rolling his eyes. The other digidestined sighed.
"Where's Tai?" asked Torie, looking around the crowds.
"I have no idea. I haven't seen him all day." said Kari. Torie looked a little disappointed.
"He promised me he'd come. Kari, how could you not know where he went?"
"He didn't tell me!"
"Sounds like someone has a crush on Tai." said Corrie.
"Who?" asked Torie. The other digidestined sweatdroped.
"It's Corrie." exclaimed Torie.
"NO! It's not me."
"Then who?"
"YOU!"
"NO WAY!!!!"
"Whatever." said Matt. Torie glared daggers at him, making him turn away.
"Well, at least Matt is here." said Kathy.
"How do I get so many fan girls?" Matt asked himself.
"I'm not a fan girl...I was just..um....well...." mumbled Kathy.
"Yuppers. We believe you totally." Torie said.
"You better not try and take away Matt, Kathy!" yelled Sora.
"Oh shut up, Sora." said Fiona.
"Since when was I yours, Sora?" asked Matt. Just then Tai walked in.
"TAI!!!" Torie ran up to Tai and hugged him.
"I came too late, didn't I?" asked Tai.
"Afraid so," Torie said.
"Gomen nasai" he said, hugging Torie back.
"Forgiven!" exclaimed Torie, Corrie, Fiona, and Kathy.
"Good." Tai smiled.
"Guys, where's Davis?" asked Rose.
"He was right behind me a minute ago." said Tai, turning around.
"AHHH!" yelled Davis. He ran up and stopped in front of Kari. (why was he screaming?)
"I got these for you!" Davis said, handing Kari a dozen roses. (Awww.....that was really sweet....)
"Oh, Davis! This is so sweet." exclaimed Kari. Fiona, Corrie and Torie made gagging noises, while TK twitched.
"How come boys never give me flowers?" asked Yolei.
"Isn't it obvious?" asked Torie, snickering. (Snickers!)
"That's rude!" said Sora.
"Put a cork in it!" Torie said. (no Sora bashing intended, Torie and Fiona just don't like her)
"We better be getting home." said Kit Kat.
"Yes, it's almost closing time." Izzy said. Everyone nodded and agreed to go home.
"Can you walk me home, Matt?" asked Sora.
"Uhh....sure." Matt said. Torie frowned.
"Tai, walk me home." Torie said.
"It that a command?" Tai asked.
"Yes." said Torie, dragging Tai out. As soon as they got out of the park, where the festival was held, Torie stopped Tai.
"I really hate the way you're acting." Torie said.
"By acting the way I do, it helps stop the pain of losing Sora." Tai looked at the ground.
"But she's not totally lost yet! Stop acting as if this never happened and fight for your girl."
"I can't, Torie. I want her to be happy, if I ruin her relationship with Matt...she'll hate me."
"She'll regret being with Matt though."
"How do you expect me to get Sora back, Torie?"
"Make her jealous." Torie said, punching him in the arm. "There are more girls that have crushes on you than I expected, Tai."
"I don't think so, Torie. I don't know anyone Sora would get jealous of. I mean, the girl has to be attractive, smart, popular..."
"Well....." Torie said.
"I just don't know anyone who fits that description." Tai said.
"If you haven't noticed, Tai, I am a girl, I'm all those things."
"...OH YEAH!....I forgot that you were a girl."
"Should I be offended?" asked Torie.
"I don't think so. I meant....I-I didn't really take a look at you until now." Torie raised an eyebrow.
"What do you mean by that?"
"Eh....well....you do look sort of ...."
"Really?"
"Yeah," Tai blushed. "I think you look pretty."

"HA! I knew it. Kathy owes me $50." said Fiona, from a near by bush.
"Shh! If Torie catches us spying on her again..." Corrie trailed off.
"You're right," Fiona said, "Do you think they really like each other?"
"They might. I mean look at them now." said Corrie pointing to Torie and Tai.

"How 'bout you go to the dance with me this Friday to make Sora and Matt jealous. I know they'll be there." Tai said smirking.
"It's a fake date." said Torie. She turned around and headed off for home.

Fiona and Corrie got out from behind the bush. Corrie picked a few branches out of her hair.
"Next time, remind me to find a better spying place." Corrie said, brushing her pants off.
"There really shouldn't be a next time." said Fiona.
"I know. It's just fun to spy on her." Corrie waved good-bye, and went home.

"I'm home!" exclaimed Torie, when she got home. (duh!) Since her mom was still at work, Frescamon was the only one home. Torie felt something land on her head.
"TORIE! I had another nightmare of when foodpoisoningmon almost ate me." said Frescamon, trembling on Torie's head.
"Whatever, Frescamon." Torie said, falling onto the couch. Then the phone rang.
"Hello?" asked Torie, picking up the phone.
"Torie? It's Tai. I think th-"
"Tai. Write a letter to Sora. Mmkay?"
"OK. How'd you know?"
"I just do." Torie hung up the phone.

"Dear Sora,
I know I've never told you my true hearts desire,
I don't expect you to understand how much you mean to me. Sora, You are the only one that can brake the spell, that can win my heart with a smile or even your laugh. You don't know how long I've been waiting to tell you this. I wish you didn't have to go to another heart, and I wish you'd give me another chance. All I can do is hold your memory now. I'll love you always and forever, Sora.
Love,
Taichi Kamiya"
That's what Tai wrote on the E-mail in front of him. He thought it sounded good enough, so he sent it to Sora. He hoped it would work. Then he wouldn't have to go to the dance with Torie. Not that he didn't like Torie, it was just.....he loved Sora. I mean, he had crushes on a few girls, but they didn't compare to the way he felt about Sora. Tai thought before going to bed.
The next day....
Sora woke up because of a loud ringing. Sora turned off her alarm clock and got up. She got dressed and ate breakfast. Something wasn't right, she could feel it. Sora walked to school with that feeling, and for the rest of the day in fact.
Tai kept glancing at Sora, trying to act normal. Torie handed Tai a note, It read:
I think I should tell you something. Meet me after school. It's really important!
-Torie

Tai nodded to show that he could make it. Then Tai was pulled from his thoughts as the teacher asked him something.
"Come again," Tai requested.
"I said, is there any reason you keep staring at Ms. Takenouchi?" asked the teacher. Tai blushed a deep red.
"She has something in her..." Tai had to think of something quick.
"Yes?" Torie smiled and quickly put something in Sora's hair.
"In her hair." Tai finished. The tiny bit of paper that Torie had put in Sora's hair fell on to the ground, as Sora shook her head.
"Not anymore." Tai stated. Torie giggled. She couldn't help it. Sora gave Torie a cold, threatening look.
"Eek!" exclaimed Torie. She bit her lip, trying to look innocent. Over on the other side of the classroom, Matt smiled to himself. He shook his head, and went back to concentrating on his work.(or not...)
At the Jr. high, Davis was trying to stay awake during math class. (I don't blame him, that guy is such a snore)
"I can't stay awake...." Davis fell over, and went to sleep on the floor. (*snore*)
"Oh brother," sighed Kari, as she tried to wake Davis up. TK came over and helped her pick him up.
"Davis should really cut back on the cupcakes." TK said placing Davis back on the chair.
"No kidding," giggled Kari.
"I don't have an ounce of fat under my neck..." mumbled Davis.
"Is something wrong?" asked the math teacher. (AKA Ogremon...get it? Anybody? First episode.)
"Huh..?..." Davis squeaked, waking up from his dream of Kari. ( Figures...-_-')
"Never mind. Now let's get back to the exciting word problem." said the teacher.(*snore*)
After school...
"Kathy! Wait up!" yelled Fiona. She caught up with her just in time. (For what? Eh...I'm MSTing my own fic.)
"What is it?" asked Kathy.
"You owe me."
"There was no proof."
"I'll get you proof!" with that Fiona walked away, thinking of ways to get proof. (Remember the bet they had? My fics are confussing.)
At the park...
"Hey, Torie! What did you want to see me for?" asked Tai. When Torie looked up, Tai relized that she had been crying.
"Are you alright?" He asked, putting an arm around her.
"My brother died." Torie whispered.
"When?" Tai asked, looking her in the eyes.
"Last night." She said. (Ha! She did have a brother...he just died. Eh, never mind.)
"You seemed alright this morning."
"I just found out an hour ago." sobbed Torie.
"Oh...." Tai didn't know what to say to make her feel better.
"The only family I have left is my mom and sister." cried Torie. She looked down at the ground, crying some more. (Reminds me of the squealer...AKA chibi Takeru..) Tai had never seen Torie cry. Suddenly, he got an idea.
"I got a surprise! Just stay here." said Tai. He left to go find someone.
At Izzy's house...
"So, you're saying I should find Torie's dad?" asked Izzy.
"Yeah. I mean, he never was reported dead. He could still be alive." Tai said. Izzy thought about what Tai was asking him to do.
"I will do it on one condition." said Izzy.
"Yah?" Tai asked.
"Ifyougetmeadatewithfiona." Izzy mumbled, very fast.
"Say what?"
"If. You. Get. Me. A. Date. With. FIONA!" yelled Izzy.
"How am I going to do that?" Tai asked.
"I dunno." admited Izzy. (*gasp* Izzy doesn't know something!) Tai sighed and picked up Izzy's phone.
"What are you doing with that phone?" asked Izzy.
"I'm calling Fiona, smart one." Tai said, as the Fiona picked up her phone.
"Hello. Takeru residense." (*falls over laughing* Sorry, but Fiona saying that is funny.....will everyone stop thinking that! I'm not nuts.)
"Hello, this is Tai. You have a date for the dance?"
"No."
"Good. Go with Izzy."
"Ooookay..."
"Bye!" Tai hung the phone up. "She said 'okay'. Now, can you find Tor's dad?"
".....yah..." Izzy still was a little shocked at what Tai had done. (I don't know how they would be able to find Torie's dad.....so, I'll just skip that part.)
A few hours later...
"You won't believe this, but...."
"But?" asked Tai.
"Torie's dad is Gennai." finished Izzy.
"Nice joke, Izzy. Tell me the name of her real father."
"I'm not joking. Gennai is Torie's dad."
"Do you know who her real mom was?" asked Tai.
"It says here that her mom was a digimon." responded Izzy.
"Wow! Really?" Tai asked.
"Yeah, she was a Fairywomon. A kind of humanoid digimon, that looks some what like Angewomon only with reddish-brown hiar, green eyes, and butterfly-like wings. It is said to be one of the most beautiful and strong digimon." said Izzy.
"I didn't know humans could mate with digimon." mumered Tai.
"TAI!"
"What?!" demanded Tai. Izzy shook his head, and rolled his eyes.
"Never mind. Maybe you should tell Torie about this." suggested Izzy.
"Good idea!" Tai said good-bye, and went to the park.
Back at the park...
"WHERE WERE YOU?!" yelled Torie.
"I guess I lost track of time. I have some good news though." said Tai.
"It better be good, you were gone for four hours."
"I found out who your real mom and dad were."
"Were?"
"Well, I don't know if your mom is gone. Anyway, your dad is Gennai and your mom is a Fairywomon." Tai said.
"...." Torie was speechless. Then she smiled, and hugged Tai.
"Is that your way of thanking me?"
"It is if that's what you want." said Torie.
"Hmm...." Tai wondered if he could use this in some way to his advantage. "Well, you could kill someone for me." joked Tai.
"Very funny."
"You could! You can digivole you know."
"Really? Maybe I can." said Torie.
"Try to do it."encouraged Tai.
"First of all, I don't have a digivice. Second, why would I have a digimon if I can digivole?" reasoned Torie.
"Point?"
"Oh brother." sighed Torie.
"Your brother's dead." reminded Tai.
"Don't remind me." groaned Torie. (well, he just did.)
TBC...