Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ To Freedom ❯ The Dream ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Wings

A/N : This story's based off Swan Lake. I like basing stories off fairy tales - although it's not a fairy tale is it, it's a ballet. I've changed the ages slightly, `cause I don't think I could write them as 21. It's shounen-ai, so if you don't like it, don't read it. But I would prefer if you did :) The song for this fic is Lover, You Should've Come Over by Jeff Buckley.

Digimon, and it's characters, do not belong to me. They belong to some companies that I am most certainly am not. I'm just borrowing the characters and playing with them. I like to do that.

Prologue - The Dream

It was night in the forest, and they were running. Daisuke wasn't sure what they were running from, him and the blue-haired angel, but he knew it would kill them.

They were running and running, but Daisuke knew their death was getting close. They couldn't outrun it. They couldn't stop it. They would die, and Daisuke could do nothing to save them.

Daisuke stopped. The angel looked at him - his towncast head, hiding the tears in his eyes. He had failed his love. Then the angel turned his head to wear their death was cathching them up. Dai-chan, he whispered, and Daisuke looked up.

The gazed at each other a moment, before kissing, and final kiss, the last ever. A goodbye kiss as their tears mingled together and their hearts broke.

Then, their deaths caught up.

Daisuke woke up with sweat stinging in his eyes and tears running down his face. It was that dream, that dream. The one he'd dreamt the night before, and the night before that. Months and months of strange dreams - not all the same, but they seemed so. He could barely remember a time without the dreams, a time when he actually got a good night's sleep.

Cheer up, Daisuke, he told himself. It's just a dream. Daisuke wiped his eyes, and sat up.

He'd heard once if you dreamt a dream three times it would come true. In that case, who would be spending a good portion of his life running away.

Daisuke didn't like to run away. But it seemed in the dreams it was run or die, run and die. Not just him. He couldn't even protect the boy, the one he loved. He died too, Daisuke could feel him die.

"No," Daisuke said. It's just a dream. None of it's real, it's just a stupid dream. There's nothing real about it. So stop thinking about dreams, and think of real life.

It was his birthday today. He'd be turning 18.

That wasn't a comforting thought.