Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Vacation-Gone-Wrong ❯ Chapter 6/8 ( Chapter 6 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Digimon.

A/N - You learn the killer in this chapter. Be prepared.

Vacation-Gone-Wrong

By: Hopeful Writer

Chapter 6

Kevin got a little better. He started to speak again, but TK knew he would never be the same. He also knew that it wasn't Tai's death that upset him. It was Matt's and Cody's.

Kevin pulled TK aside one day with a curt, "We have to talk."

They slipped into the back room, where TK had done his writing. "What?" the older boy demanded.

Kevin took a deep breath. "What I'm going to say next I don't want to have to repeat, so listen carefully.

"I'm the murderer."

TK choked. "What?"

Kevin didn't repeat himself, merely continued, "I killed Yolei and Tai. Someone else killed Matt and Cody. And I know who that was."

TK couldn't believe this. And it was about to get worse. "Who?" he whispered meakly.

"Kari."

TK's face went pale. Great. His girlfriend and his brother were the murderers. He had been alone with both of them countless times, yet he was still alive. He looked at Kevin to explain further.

"I came here only to murder Yolei," Kevin began. "She's always made fun of me, called me a tagalong, looked down on me. So I killed her. Kari was close to Yolei; she was hurt by it. She knew it was me from the beginning. I'm not quite sure how she knew, but she did. To get back at me, she killed Cody. To get back at her, I killed Tai. Then she killed Matt. Now, I'm going to kill her."

TK was silent for a long moment. He had to collect himself. "What about Sora, Davis, and me?"

"Sora's sort of on Kari's side, someone I would kill to get back at Kari. Davis is on my side. You're neutral territory. Kari loves you and you're my brother. I would never kill a blood relative."

"But I'm not your blood relative."

Kevin laughed dryly. "Oh, yes, you are. Here's the story Mom and Dad never told you. When they were divorced, they met each other one night. One thing led to another and then Mom was pregnant with me. She went to her sister's house for nine months, remember? You lived with Dad and Matt. Well, you might not remember. You were only three. She claimed her sister was very sick and had to be taken care of. Dad didn't deny it, and neither did Aunt Patty, who was in on the pregnancy already.

"Mom had me then put me up for adoption, with the promise that she would return in a year or so. It wound up being nine years. Mom adopted me and that was the story. We all looked so alike, it was weird, right? I asked her about it, one time when she was kind of drunk. She poured out the whole story to me."

TK sighed, then sighed again. "This is crazy," he finally said. "This is just too crazy. When did this get so out of hand?"

"TK, I'm going to kill Kari, and I need your help."

TK turned a shade of red that cannot be identified in a 64 pack of crayons. "Why me?' he demanded, stricken with fear and anger. "Why the hell would I want to kill my girlfriend?"

Kevin turned on him, his eyes blazing with anger. "She killed Matt! She killed your brother. That's why." He glowered at TK with such ferocity that the older boy was scared.

TK covered his face with his hands. "I wish this was a bad dream," he mumbled. "I wish I would wake up."

"So do I," Kevin admitted. "This got out of hand. It's my fault. After I kill Kari, I'm going to kill myself. I made a mess of things and I'm going to pay the ultimate price."

TK felt his breath catch in his throat, a sure sign of tears to come. "Then I'll lose both of you. Dammit, Kevin!" His voice reached a shrill peak that reverberated throughout the room. TK could only wonder why the others hadn't heard him already, but he realized they were pretty secluded. "Fine," he whispered, hating himself. "What do you want me to do?"

"Distract her. Get her outside. I don't know how, but do it. I'll stab her in the back, just like Matt was killed. She doesn't deserve better." Kevin's voice echoed in TK's brain for a moment before the Digidestined of Hope nodded. Kevin left the room, leaving behind a boy who hated himself and his brother.

And TK, scared and defeated, sat down in the middle of the room and cried.

*END*

A/N - There will be another chapter.

TakariLight - Guessing is good, do you see where it got you?

PhoniexChild - See, I had to kill Tai. It all had a purpose.

TogetherAgain - No, it's not Joe or Izzy or Mimi. They won't make an appearance in this story. Not that I don't like them, it's just... that I don't like Joe or Mimi and I didn't like Izzy when I started this story.

anime mistress - Oh, yes, an excellent vacation I'm sure. The last for most of them. Yolei was first because... well, she bothers me, quite frankly.

PP - Yeah, the creepy landlord guy. Haha, it's a possibly, I'm sure (you can see I refuse to give any information out. Although by now you already know.).