Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ War Diaries: Adventures Zero-Three ❯ Guidance ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
War Diaries - Adventures Zero-Three

Entry 7: Guidance

By Lord Archive

Digimon belongs to Toei Animation Inc., Saban Entertainment, Fox Kids and others. They are used without consent. And since Toei doesn't want them anymore, I'm not giving them back.

----------------------

Koushiro smiled at Sayuri as she arrived at his apartment. "Hi, Sayuri. I'd like you to meet Kido Jyou and Tachikawa Mimi."

Sayuri fidgeted and then bowed. "Hello." Her digimon partner bounced in behind her.

"Tsunomon?" Mimi chirped.

"Yes?" Tsunomon replied with a feminine voice.

"That's Sayuri's digimon. That's what she turned into after using up too much energy and devolved from Psychemon," Koushiro explain.

Mimi nodded. "I see. Had the same problem with Steve's Gabumon. I was shocked when it turned into Frigimon... and that they called him that instead of Yukiduramon."

"Well, Frigimon is more American," Koushiro ventured.

Mimi's eyes flattened slightly. "Oh, and Sayuri, be careful how you approach digimon. Sometimes it's possible to avoid needless fighting by talking things through with them."

Sayuri laughed nervously. "Right." She bowed. "Sorry."

"Don't worry about it. Just keep an open mind," Mimi commented.

Gomamon hung over Jyou's shoulder while chuckling. "Gee, they're both cute, Iori. You've got a hard choice ahead of you."

Iori blushed and fidgeted.

Yume blushed and scowled slightly.

Palmon flicked Gomamon off Jyou's shoulders with her vines. "Stop picking on him."

Sayuri gave the group a questioning look.

Jyou shook his head. "Gomamon has been giving Iori and me a hard time since he got here."

"So what brings you all here?" Sayuri asked.

"They're coming with us to the Digital World," Yume answered.

"Is there some kind of trouble?" Tsunomon asked.

"None that we know of," Koushiro answered, he turned toward Jyou and Mimi. "So, any particular place you want to go?"

Mimi looked at Jyou.

"Some place that we're needed," Jyou replied.

"In other words... a random location." Koushiro typed into the computer.

"Random?" Sayuri questioned. "Why random?"

Jyou pushed up his glasses. "Because, as Chosen we go to where we are needed. If we aren't needed, then we'll go somewhere relatively safe and have a nice day. If there is trouble somewhere, that is where we will be."

Mimi folded her arms. "It's part of his Crest of Seijitsu. He has faith in how events will guide him and us. He believes things happen for a reason and he will do as is required of him."

"I suspect that we are needed somewhere though. This is the first time I have free time during the day in a long time and Mimi is here as well." Jyou slouched. "That may not seem like much of a coincidence, but little things like this tend to foreshadow the bigger things."

"Like when I fell into icy water and Jyou had to stay behind to help me," Iori mentioned. "Because we had stayed behind, we became decoys for the other members of the second group to destroy a Dark Tower. We might not have succeeded if the Digimon Kaiser had been able to concentrate all of his forces against us correctly."

"Though be worried when you start noticing bigger coincidences. Things like a large number of Chosen gathering somewhere that wasn't planned or a series of events that seem to build off each other and yet should be unrelated. Then something really bad is about to hit." Jyou shook his head. "There are some digimon who have god like power and can manipulate events. To them we are pawns."

"What? Are you saying some digimon are playing with our lives?" Yume squeaked.

"Not exactly," Koushiro replied. "There are a few forces of light that work to guide things. They tend to nudge us in certain directions, but we don't have to follow them. The ones we know of for the side of light are Qinglongmon, Gennai, and Jijimon. The last is more active in American and European areas. However, I suspect that there is at least one other entity that affects us."

"You mean the one that possessed Hikari and told us about how we became Chosen?" Jyou asked.

"Yes. I don't think she's gone." Koushiro nodded. "Anyway, for the side of darkness, we can only suspect that Dagomon is involved. I'm sure there are others, but he's the only one we know of."

Yume rubbed her forehead. "This is hurting my head."

"Why don't we go to the Digital World and see what's going on?" Mimi suggested.

Iori nodded and went to Koushiro's computer. "Digiport open!"

----------------------

Sayuri blinked. "You evolved."

Psychemon looked down. "Guess I have."

"It's easier to be a higher evolution in the Digital World. I use to evolve like that all the time," Armadimon informed.

Mimi frowned looking at the desert like scenery. "Anyone know where we are?"

Iori slouched noticing a nearby group of buildings. "A wild west town, don't remember the name of the place."

"So who lives here?" Jyou asked.

"Starmon, who basically acts as if he was a sheriff, and Revolmon, his supposed deputy who's a bit... proud," Iori answered.

"Proud?" Jyou asked.

"Don't ask," Iori replied.

Jyou shrugged. "Might as well see if there's a problem."

"Are you sure?" Iori fidgeted. "They're not exactly bad guys, but they're... different."

"Different how?" Mimi questioned.

Iori sighed. "They like games, we won't be able to leave until we've played for a while."

"A few games would be nice," Yume commented.

"What about several hours of games?" Iori returned.

Sayuri blinked. "That could get bad."

"Trust me. It will get bad." Iori trudged forward. "Might as well see if we are needed."

----------------------

Iori blinked seeing a multitude of various digimon. "There's more digimon here."

"You here to join the posse! Great!" greeted Starmon, a silver star shaped digimon with a cowboy hat and blue arms and legs.

"With your help we're sure to get the scoundrel," added Revolmon, a walking revolver with a head and arms. "Do you want to check me for evil rings?" He took off his hat.

Iori blushed. "No! That's all right. No one has had an evil ring for well over a year now."

"If you say so." Revolmon reluctantly put his hat back on.

Iori sighed in relief.

"What was that about?" Yume asked.

Sayuri shrugged.

"What's going on?" Jyou asked.

"There's a thief that's been taking stuff from all of us." Starmon clenched his fist. "He even took my favorite toy I had when I was Hagurumon."

Revolmon nodded. "He's been taking personal items from all the local towns. And we mean to catch that hombre."

"So, who is he?" Jyou asked.

Starmon and Revolmon exchanged looks. "We don't know."

Iori blinked. "You don't know?"

"Sorry, pilgrim, but no one has seen the guy. Though we have figured out all the crimes committed have been within a half day's walk from that there mountain." Revolmon pointed. "He could only be there."

Iori nodded. "That would seem to be the best place to look then."

"Just what do you plan to do if you find him?" Mimi asked with concern.

"Give him a trial and then delete him," Starmon replied simply. "Assuming he doesn't die while resisting arrest."

"How horrid?!" Mimi screeched.

"Why such a fierce penalty?" Yume questioned. "It's just theft."

"Just theft?!" Starmon yelled. "He broke into the sanctity of our homes and robbed us of our priceless possessions. Deletion is too good for the scoundrel."

"Ahem." Jyou cleared his throat. "Why don't you let us handle this? We'll deal with the thief and get your items back, as long as we're the ones to decide what happens to him."

Starmon and Revolmon went to the posse of digimon to talk it over. They returned with their verdict. "You have until tomorrow morning. If judge Super Starmon gets here and he's still on the lose, you can kiss the mountain and the thief good-bye."

Iori sweated nerouvsly. "Isn't that excessive?"

"When it comes to justice, that's all Super Starmon knows," Starmon replied.

"That isn't justice," Iori muttered.

"Do you know of potential hiding places on that mountain?" Jyou asked.

"There are a few caves he could be using," Revolmon mentioned.

"Can someone show us where they are?" Jyou questioned.

An Airdramon, a giant serpent like dragon, moved closer to them. "I spotted a few on my way over. I could take you to them."

Jyou approached the group. "We don't have any flyers in our group. Sabirdramon, can you help us as well?"

"I suppose so. Just be sure to get my toy too," Sabirdramon replied.

Jyou scratched the back of his head. "Did all of you have only toys taken?"

"Toys and food," was the general answer.

"Is something wrong?" Mimi asked.

Jyou glanced nervously at the mountain. "Just a bad feeling."

----------------------

"Cave number four," Mimi whined. "I always hated this part of the adventure."

"More than the killing?" Sayuri questioned.

Mimi shivered.

"We didn't kill if we could help it," Palmon stated flatly.

"I read on Koushiro's disk how you were involved in that war, and would like to know what it was like," Sayuri said.

Mimi looked up. "I hated it. It took me away from my family, my friends and made me do things I never wanted to do. The friendship I gained with the other Chosen and basically gaining a sister with Palmon are the only things I truly cherish from that time." She sighed. "But that's also the time I felt most alive."

Jyou stared on ahead. "We were needed to fight and sometimes kill. Mimi was the only one of us who found ways of not killing her opponents when they were grunts. I have always been raised to be a doctor and I tried to avoid killing, but Gomamon and I weren't very successful at that. I've come to terms that killing is sometimes necessary."

"Have you ever gone after someone with the intent to kill him?" Sayuri asked.

Jyou swallowed. "Yes. Metal Etemon mortally wounded a friend of mine and I wanted him dead for it."

Yume pointed ahead of them. "Look. What's that?"

"A jack-in-the-box?" Iori questioned.

Maniacal laughter emanated from it.

Jyou's eyes dilated. "Get down!" He jumped on top of Mimi as the box sprung open revealing an M-16 assault rifle, which sprayed the air with bullets.

"It can't be...." Mimi's body shook in dread.

"Stay away from my toys!" someone yelled who sounded like a little boy.

Jyou stood up and swallowed hard. "It certainly looks like that it's him."

"Who?" Armadimon asked.

"Pinnochimon," Jyou answered.

Mimi unsteadily got to her feet. "Palmon, we'll need some more power if it is him."

"Right. Palmon evolve!" A pillar of light formed briefly, and when it finished a two story cactus with boxing gloves stood there. "Togemon!"

"Togemon evolve!" Light flared around the giant cactus digimon. The top of her head flowered revealing a petite pink flower pixie with leaf like wings, as the rest of her cactus body dissolved. "Lillymon!"

"Should we evolve too?" Yume asked.

"Hold off for now," Jyou suggested. "Pinnochimon is an Ultimate digimon. Being a child or an adult wouldn't make much difference."

"Yes! I'm Pinnochimon, the Dark Master. Leave now or face my wrath," the child like voice threatened.

"Are you sure?" Yume asked. "That sounds awfully hollow for a threat."

"Something doesn't add up here," Jyou commented.

"Besides the fact that Yamato killed him?" Mimi asked.

"Digimon have been reborn with most of their memory intact," Lillymon pointed out.

Jyou studied the area ahead of them. "It's just that if this was Pinnochimon, he wouldn't threaten us, he'd force us to play some sadistic game."

Mimi blinked. "You're right."

"Maybe he's afraid of us?" Gomamon commented.

"Not likely. If Yamato was here, then maybe. But not just us," Jyou returned.

"Well, there's nothing we can do but go forward. Flower Canon!" Lillymon fired off a shot down the cave, taking out the jack-in-the-box and setting off three bladed traps.

Gomamon sweated nervously. "Hate to see what he does to door-to-door salesmon."

"If you know what's good for you, you'd be quiet," Lillymon warned.

Gomamon gulped. "Yes, dear."

Lillymon lead the group down the cave, launching her attack every so often to clear out any traps.

"I said STAY AWAY FROM MY TOYS!" the child like voice yelled. A rumbling sound emanated from down the cave. A large boulder was rolling toward them.

Lillymon shrugged at the attack, blowing up the boulder with a single blast. "You have to try harder than that."

"Why don't you come out here and make us!" Gomamon shot back.

"Don't tempt him," Jyou hissed.

"I'm not seeing much of a threat," Sayuri commented.

"That's what's troubling me," Iori said.

The group came to a door at the end of the tunnel.

"Should I blast it open?" Lillymon asked.

"Allow me." Iori stepped forward. "Digimental up!"

"Armadimon armor evolve!" A yellow sphere encased the armadillo like digimon. It then shattered revealing a three meter tall yellow insect with drills for hands and another drill for a nose. "Digmon, the wisdom of steel!" He stepped toward the door. "Big Crack." He pressed his hand and nose drills to the floor.

The door collapsed kicking up a cloud of dust. When it subsided a room filled with various odd toys like items were on shelves. Standing before them was a golden gear like digimon. "Please stay away from my toys!" he begged.

Mimi blinked. "A Solarmon?"

"I'm not familiar with that digimon," Iori stated.

"It's a mechanical child digimon, a vaccine child at that." Mimi scratched her head. "And I was sure he was Pinnochimon."

"But I AM Pinnochimon, or at least was. You two were those dopey Chosen who wouldn't play fair," Solarmon commented. "Where's Takeru? I want ta play tag with him again."

Jyou shivered. "He won't be coming to the Digital World for some time."

Solarmon slouched. "Darn. I wanted a rematch. This time for sure I'd touch him first. But keep his brother away. Okay?"

"You wouldn't use a gun while playing tag, would you?" Mimi asked.

"No. That wouldn't be fair. Guns are to protect my toys," Solarmon replied.

"Well, he's not exactly the same," Jyou commented.

"But, those aren't your toys," Sayuri said.

"Yes they are. Those adult digimon wouldn't play with them, so I took them. They're mine now," Solarmon insisted.

"But those digimon valued those toys. They're reminders of times past when they were younger. You didn't just steal an unused toy. You stole their memories that they have tied to them," Yume told him.

"They may be adults now, but those toys help them dream of when they were children," added Bakumon.

"Eventually one or two of them might have a child of their own and would like to give their toys to their kids," Lillymon explained.

"But, but, but... I want to keep them." Solarmon pouted.

Lillymon put her face in front of his. "They are NOT yours to keep. They belong to other digimon. Stealing is wrong."

"They're my toys!" Solarmon whined.

Lillymon slapped him. "They are not yours," she said coldly. "You will return them and apologize for your actions."

Solarmon sniffled. "Why should I?! I won't give them up. I won't! I won't! I won't!"

Lillymon glared. She squatted down and forced Solarmon to lie face down on her lap and began to spank him. "You. Will. Give. Them. Back."

Solarmon cried out in pain with each hit.

"Now what do you have to say," Lillymon demanded.

"I'll give them back. Just stop doing that." Tears poured from his eyes.

Sayuri shifted. "She's acting like a parent."

"He could certainly use the guidance," Psychemon commented.

Mimi looked over at Lillymon. "That wouldn't be a bad idea."

Lillymon took a step back. "Are you suggesting I adopt him?"

"He could use a strong digimon to raise him," Iori commented.

"I don't need-" Solarmon shut up with a glance from Lillymon.

Gomamon looked away. "You have been commenting on how you'd like to be a mother."

Lillymon's mouth hung open. "Are you sure?"

Gomamon nodded. "Besides, we can help him make friends. He wouldn't be lonely."

"Friends... I'd like to have friends," Solarmon said meekly.

----------------------

Revolmon blinked. "This little feller caused all this ruckus? Here I was suspecting some mean hombre."

"As you can see, he's really sorry," Palmon mentioned.

"Couldn't you stay as Lillymon, Mommy? You're prettier that way," Solarmon said shyly.

"I wish," Gomamon commented.

Palmon blushed and scowled. "No I can't. That takes up too much power."

"At least you still have access to your perfection form," Gomamon said.


Sayuri leaned over to Mimi. "Are those two... together?"

Mimi nodded. "It's something you'll notice with your digimon as your bond deepens. Psychemon will likely develop feelings for Armadimon because you have feelings for Iori. It works the other way around too, where it's the digimon that brings their partners together."

"My feelings for Iori aren't like that." Sayuri blushed. "Which way was it for you?"

"Not sure." Mimi shrugged. "A bit of both. Though Palmon liked Michael's Betamon more than I liked Michael."

----------------------

Koushiro didn't pay much attention when a portal flashed open on his computer.

"Hello. Want ta play a game?" squeaked a childlike voice.

Koushiro nearly jumped out of his skin, recognizing that voice. He blinked. "Who are you?"

Palmon hugged the golden gear digimon. "Meet my son, Solarmon, formerly Pinnochimon."

Koushiro's jaw dropped. "You're going to raise Pinnochimon?!"

"All he needs is loving parents to set him straight," Mimi informed sweetly.

Yume was being helped into her wheelchair. She gave the group a sad smile. "It was nice working with you. Come on Bakumon, let's go."

"Is she okay?" Mimi asked.

Jyou sighed. "I suspect that's something she'll have to work out, herself."

"Can I see Takeru?" Solarmon asked.

"NO!" was the chorused response.

----------------------

Author's Notes:

There is a reason why there won't be a fourth member in Iori's group any time soon. In the next ten chapters, only two of them won't have older Chosen directly involved in it. They won't be on their own like the Zero-Two kids were most of the time.

I was hoping to involve Yume and Sayuri more, but there wasn't much I could use them for this time. Oh well.

Coming soon:
Entry 8 - Soul Reaper.
Hunter becomes the hunted as while Takeru hunts for a job, a portal opens and what comes through leaves a trail of corpses and has set his eyes on Takaishi.


For the ADULT readers, Red Digivice Diaries Entry 12 is next in the continuity, then back to War Diaries 8.