Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Warriors of Time ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]





Disclaimer: I do not own Digimon Tamers. If I did, there would've been some MAJOR changes *Cough* More RUKATO *Cough*, and I'd be rolling around in cash right now instead of writing fics. However, I do own the characters you don't recognize, like Akira Circe, Azuramon (And her evolutions), and so on.


Author's Note: This chapter/Prologue is a remake of my previous one, as mentioned at the bottom. Hope you enjoy! ^_^




***



Prologue

< /u> (Ten Years Earlier)




“So, let me get this strait… some teenager with a twisted sense of humor has decided to take over the Digital World?”


Unfortunately, this was just one of the many questions that were racing through the Tamers’ minds as they listened to Yamaki and the Monster Makers speak.


It had been three years since their adventures had first begun. Three long, calm, and quiet years, with the occasional, confused Digimon that happened to bio-emerge in the real world by accident. However, despite the recent conflicts that had been occurring lately, the small group of Tamers still managed to get along. However, it was getting a lot more difficult doing so. They were now in High School and had other friends and different interests. Takato Matsuki hated to be the one to admit it, but… they were falling apart, without a doubt.


The sixteen-year-old sighed loudly, catching the attention of his two closest friends; Henry Wong and Rika Nonaka. As the years progressed, the three had become nearly inseparable.


Out of all of the Tamers, Henry and Rika seemed to be the only ones who weren’t drifting away. In fact, they, like Takato himself, seemed to be trying to keep everyone together.


Not much had changed about either of them. Henry was still the calm and collected, “Think-Before-You-Act” kind of guy, and Rika was still a “Look-At-Me-The-Wrong-Way-And-I-Swear-I-Won’t-Hesitate-To-Beat- You-To-A-Pulp” kind of girl. Although she had continued to keep her tough-girl attitude, Rika had definitely become a lot more open and friendly. She also had a better relationship with her Mother, which was a good thing in Takato’s opinion.


Takato was drawn out of his thoughts when he heard Yamaki clear his throat, ready to explain the situation.


“I’m afraid so,” Henry’s Father, Janyuu Wong, who was also an original Monster Maker, said, as he adjusted his glasses on the bridge of his nose and fixed his gaze on the Tamers, “I know this seems like such short notice, and believe me, we thought we could take care of this problem on our own by sending a few volunteer members from Hypnos to the Digital World to stop this crisis from happening, but they never came back. Once again, Tamers, the fate of both our world and the Digital World rest in your hands.”


“Well, do you know anything about this guy?” asked Rika, narrowing her eyes and glaring at the ground, “How old is he? What does he look like? Why does he want to take over the Digital World? Some basic information might help us if we encounter him.”


“Well, I can tell you right now that ‘he’ is, in fact, a she.” Janyuu said, “As for her age… my guess is that she’s probably about a few years older than you. And as for why she’s doing this… we have yet to determine the reason.”


“What’s her name?” asked Suzie, “Is she a Tamer, like us? Does she have a Digimon?”


“Her name is Akira Circe, and yes, she is a Tamer.” Yamaki explained, “She also has a Digimon named Azuramon.”


“Azuramon.” Henry repeated, closing his eyes and thinking, “I’ve never heard of a Digimon named Azuramon.”


“I don't suppose you would have,” said another fellow Monster Maker, Dolphin McCoy, “You see, like Takato, Akira came up with the idea for Azuramon through drawings. Apparently, she was also very fond of the card game. We’re not entirely sure how she received her Blue Card or D-Ark, but she did. Her D-Ark scanned Azuramon’s information and evolutions before creating her entirely.”


“Aw man!” groaned Takato, “And here I thought I was an individual!”


“Relax, Takato. I’m sure that the only similarity between Guilmon and Azuramon is how they came to be what they are now.” Jeri chimed in, smiling at her crimson-eyed friend.


“We’re going off topic,” said Yamaki, interrupting the two Tamers, “We need to know your answers right away. Will you go to the Digital World and try to talk some sense into Akira? If not, defeat her before she does any more damage?”


“Of course we will!” exclaimed Takato, thrusting his fist up into the air to express his enthusiasm and optimism, “Right everyone?”


“Right!” The other Tamers replied in unison.


***


“So, where is Akira supposed to be, anyways?” asked Terriermon, who was perched on Henry’s shoulder as the group made their way through the desert, determined to find and stop Akira Circe’s plans before they went too far, “We’ve been walking for hours!”


“And to think… that would only be a few seconds in the real world,” said Kazu, “But I’ve got to admit - it is pretty darn hot out, not to mention that we have been walking for a long time. Why don’t we stop and rest for a bit? Maybe have a bite to eat? I’m famished!”


“Oh please,” sneered Rika, rolling her eyes.


“What do you mean “we’ve” been walking for hours?” asked Henry, as Terriermon climbed onto his head and became the unofficial lookout, “You haven’t done any walking at all since we arrived here, so I wouldn’t be talking!”


Terriermon pouted like a three-year-old and stuck out his tongue, while folding his arms across his chest and sticking his nose up into the air.


“And don’t forget,” added Takato, “Evil villains… especially female villains… are very smart and cunning. They build huge fortresses and armies, and can appear at any given time! We have to be very careful.”


Rika snorted with laughter.


“And where, may I ask, did you get this bogus information?” She asked.


“It happens all the time! Did you ever notice how female villains always have the best ideas? They could come up with the perfect murder and never get caught!” exclaimed Takato, “It’s weird. And a bit scary, when you think about it. I don’t know what it is with chick villains, but I always ask myself, why can’t the guys have what they have?”


Rika coughed loudly to cover up her laughter, while Jeri, Suzie, Ai, and the rest of the Tamers, burst into uncontrollable fits of laughter.


“You want what girls have, Gogglehead?” asked Rika, as she caught up with him and flashed her trademark smirk, “I’ll tell you one thing. It is not fun being a girl. First of all, you have to deal with these annoying body parts…” Rika trailed off and glanced down at her full-heart t-shirt, where she had filled out in the past three years due to puberty, “Not to mention the fact that you have to deal with a certain visit from Lady Flow every month! And, to top things off, you have to give birth to children! I don’t know about you, but I’d like to see the men try to give birth to a child!”


Takato’s face paled instantly. Images of himself trying to give birth to a child flashed through his mind. He gripped his head tightly, trying to erase the thoughts. Apparently, the other boys in the group were experiencing the same problem, for their faces had also turned a deathly white afterwards.


“Ah!” squeaked Takato, shaking his head, “The images! Make them stop! Make them stop! This is not the kind of idea you should implant in our minds! We men should not have to endure this torture!”


“What a bunch of babies,” muttered Rika, rolling her eyes and glancing over at the girls, who were practically rolling on the ground laughing.


She smirked. However, the smirk instantly faded after she heard an explosion from up ahead. The Tamers stopped what they were doing and glanced over, just as a black tiger with purple stripes and flames erupting from it’s tale and it’s ankles and neck, came into view, racing - or rather, from the looks of it, flying - towards them.


It wasn’t long before the gigantic tiger was close enough so that they could scan it’s information. Takato was about to pull out his D-Ark when he noticed a figure sitting on the tiger’s back. She appeared to be around eighteen or so from the looks of it. Takato shook his head and quickly found his D-Ark, before holding it out and scanning the tiger’s information.



Flaremon


Level: Champion

Type: Virus

Attacks: Flame Fist, Blazing Tail



“Hello Tamers!” The girl sitting on Flaremon’s back greeted, “We’ve been expecting you.”


The Tamers watched as she jumped off of Flaremon’s back and landed swiftly on the ground, before standing up strait and allowing them to get a better look at her. She was quite a beautiful young lady, with neck-length indigo hair and flawless, snow-white skin. She wore a rather revealing blood red dress that reached just above her thighs and exposed her midriff and legs. She also wore a pair of knee-length black leather boots and a long black trench coat, topped off with a strange amulet that dangled from her neck.


“Are you Akira Circe?” asked Henry.


“I might be…” The girl replied, giggling as she took a step towards the half-Chinese Tamer and caressed his cheek with her hand, “You know, you’re pretty cute for a sixteen-year-old.”


Takato and Rika watched in disgust as Henry’s cheeks flushed a deep shade of red.


“Just answer the question already, will you?” snapped Rika, obviously getting very impatient with the matter as she watched this strange girl attempt to seduce one of her best friends.


Flaremon snarled at Rika and took a step towards her, but the girl held up her hand for her to stop. Flaremon nodded and obliged, and watched as the girl sighed dramatically and stepped away from Henry, before turning to face the rest of the Tamers, her lips curling into a creepy smirk.


“To answer your question,” she said, “I am Akira Circe. I knew those Monster Makers would catch onto my plan sooner or later, and send you idiots here to try and stop me. Pathetic fools. They should know by now that I am far stronger and more superior than you morons will ever be!”


“I’m sure you are, Girlie.” Rika muttered, rolling her eyes in annoyance and pulling out her Modify Cards, “Are you guys ready?” She glanced over her shoulder to see the other Tamers’ reactions before fixing her gaze on Renamon, who nodded in approval. Rika smirked and held up her D-Ark, “I’m gonna make you eat those words. Digi-Modify! Digivolution, Activate!” She swiped her Modify Card through her D-Ark, and watched as a bright light engulfed Renamon.


“Renamon digivolve to…”


As the light grew brighter and brighter, the smirk on Akira’s face only got worse. Rika growled angrily and clenched her fists together, trying to stop herself from slapping (or rather, punching) Akira’s smirk off her face.


“Kyuubimon!”


The digivolution process was complete. Rika smiled as the light disappeared, leaving Kyuubimon in Renamon’s place.


“Ooh. How intimidating. A Champion level Digimon.” Akira mocked, “I’m practically trembling in my boots. Flaremon?”


Flaremon nodded and jumped forth, her tail lashing out in the process.


“Blazing Tail!” She bellowed, as flames flew from her tail and headed towards Kyuubimon, who managed to dodge the attack while sending her own “Fox Tail Inferno” attack towards the tiger.


“Talk about fighting fire with fire,” said Kazu, watching the fight intently.


“Shouldn’t we help her?” asked Lopmon.


“She’s doing just fine.” Terriermon assured his look-alike, “Kyuubimon’s a tough fighter. It’ll take a lot more than a freakishly large tiger with an attitude to get her down.”


‘Ugh. This is getting absolutely NO WHERE! Where’s the action? This fight is so boring, and Flaremon’s losing!’ thought Akira, as she watched her own Digimon and Kyuubimon attack each other once more. Akira sighed and took out her own Modify Cards, her eyes settling on one in particular, ‘I didn’t want to use this one until later… but now, I think I will.’


“Hey Circe! You look a little upset! Could it be because Kyuubimon is making Flaremon eat dirt?” Rika sneered.


‘That little - argh! Oh, I’ll make her regret saying that!’ Akira thought, as her lips once again curled into a smirk.


“Flaremon, let’s show this bitch and her friends a thing or two about how it’s really done.” She said, holding up her black D-Ark, “Bio-merge, Activate!”


A dark spiral of wind swirled around Akira and Flaremon, before consuming them in a dark purple sphere. The Tamers watched in awe as Akira and Flaremon became one. A few minutes later, the sphere surrounding them, which appeared to be made out of some glass substance, began to form jagged lines. Black light shot out from the lines as the damage got worse, making a cracking sound, before finally bursting into shards of glass, leaving a human-sized Digimon standing in it’s place.


It was a female, without a doubt, with long blonde hair, wearing a light gray t-shirt with a dark purple, armor-like, sleeveless top over it. She also wore a dark, armor-like gray skirt that reached just above her knees, a pair of black, knee-length boots, and a long black cape with the inside purple. She wore a silver crown that covered her eyes, and had long, black demonic wings. To top off the look, she carried around a silver shield with a black star on the front, and a sword.


“Who is that?” asked Kazu, staring dreamily at the strange, unknown Digimon.


“Pathetic fool.” The Digimon drawled, and the Tamers couldn’t help but catch a hint of Akira’s voice, as well as Flaremon’s, “I am Cavannamon! Bow before me!”


Immediately, both Kazu and Kenta were on their hands and knees, bowing before Cavannamon like cowards, while the rest of the Tamers kept their pride at peak and refused to do so. This action did not set well with Cavannamon. In fact, it enraged her so much that she took out three throwing knives and threw them at the youngest Tamers; Suzie, Ai, and Mako.


Impmon and Lopmon jumped in front of their Tamers, ready to protect them at any cost, just as the pink D-Ark in Suzie’s hand and the purple D-Ark around Ai’s neck began to glow.


“Lopmon Matrix digivolve to…”


“Impmon Matrix digivolve to…”


Two lights formed around Lopmon and Impmon, signaling the Digivolution process.


“Antylamon!”


“Beelze mon!”


“Oh. How very frightening. One Champion, one Ultimate, and one Mega.” Cavannamon drawled.


“You were about to harm three innocent children!” spat Beelzemon.


“So?” said Cavannamon, “What’s the problem?”


“That’s it!” growled Beelzemon, pulling out his gun and pointing it at Cavannamon, “Corona Blaster!”


Cavannamon smirked and waited until the attack closed in on her, before moving out of the way. Beelzemon cursed under his breath, angry he had missed.


“Impressive. Now, it’s my turn. Arrow of Fire!” Cavannamon bellowed, as she pulled out a bow and arrow, which had a black flame erupting from the tip, before pulling it back and releasing it.


Beelzemon dodged the attack in time, but it still managed to slice through his leather jacket.


“DRAGON WHEEL!”


Cavannamon’s attention was drawn towards Kyuubimon’s attack (or was it simply an attempt to save Beelzemon?). She smirked and held up her hand, creating some kind of invisible force field, which stopped the attack dead in it’s tracks and caused it to dissolve.


‘I don’t believe it! She managed to block Kyuubimon’s attack!’ thought Rika, ‘And what about Beelzemon? He just scarcely dodged Cavannamon’s attack! I think it’s time for Sakuyamon to make another appearance.’


“Kyuubimon!” She called out, “I think it’s time for us to Bio-merge!”


Kyuubimon nodded and de-digivolved back into Renamon. Rika sighed and glanced over at Takato and Henry, who grinned at her and took out their D-Arks. Rika looked over at Ryo also, who smiled and winked at her, causing her to scowl as she watched him take out his own D-Ark. She smirked and held up her D-Ark.


“Bio-merge, Activate!” The four Tamers cried out in unison.


A red light formed around Takato and Guilmon. A green light formed around Henry and Terriermon. And finally, a blue light formed around Rika and Renamon, and Ryo and Monodramon.


A few minutes later, the lights disappeared, leaving Gallantmon, MegaGargomon, Sakuyamon, and Justimon in their place.


Cavannamon laughed wickedly, her lips curling into a sadistic smile.


“Fools. Do you really think you have the strength to defeat me?” She asked.


“We don’t have to think. We know we can.” Ryo told her from within Justimon.


“Is that so?” Cavannamon asked, “I beg to differ. ARROWS OF FIRE!”


This time she took out four arrows, all with flames erupting from the tips, and shot them.


“Shield of the Just!” cried Gallantmon, jumping in front of his best friends and using his shield to protect them.


‘Hmm…’ muttered Akira from inside Cavannamon, ‘Gallantmon managed to block our attack with just the use of his shield.’


‘What do you suggest we do, Akira?’
asked Flaremon’s Rookie form, Azuramon, who happened to be a black cat similar to a Gatomon, with purple strips and flames erupting from her tail and paws.


‘The answer is obvious, Azuramon. If we destroy Gallantmon, the rest of those lousy Tamers and their Digimon will be helpless. They won’t stand a chance!’ exclaimed Akira, ‘However, we have to catch him off guard.’


“She’s just floating there!” said Justimon, “Now’s our chance! Let’s attack!”


‘That’s a stupid idea!’ snapped Rika, ‘She’s probably trying to trick us!’


‘Whatever you say, Pumpkin!’
chuckled Ryo.


‘Don’t call me that!’ growled Rika.


“Ugh. While you two fight like an old married couple, I’m going to attack!” yelled Beelzemon, “CORONA DESTROYER!”


Cavannamon placed both of her hands in front of her and stopped the attack in midair, before sending it back in Beelzemon’s direction. Beelzemon gasped as he was hit with his own attack, and flew into Justimon. Both Digimon de-digivolved back into their In-Training levels, except for Ryo, who was lying on the ground just barely conscious.


“Yaamon!” shrieked Ai, as she picked up Beelzemon’s In-Training form and cradled him.


“Are you okay?” asked Mako.


“I’ll be fine.” Yaamon assured his Tamers.


“This is getting completely out of hand.” Sakuyamon told both Gallantmon and MegaGargomon, “We have to do something before she gets us too!”


‘That’s easier said than done.’ said Henry, ‘What do you suggest we do?’


‘Well, we can’t attack her directly. She’ll just put up a barrier or use our own attacks against us.’
Rika sighed, ‘She’s tougher than I thought.’


“This is getting boring again,” said Cavannamon, “How about I spice things up a bit by… oh, I don’t know… attacking you all at the same time! ARROWS OF FIRE!”


Cavannamon once again pulled out three flaming arrows and shot them at the three Mega level Digimon. Gallantmon held up his shield to protect MegaGargomon and Sakuyamon, before taking out his sword and flying towards Cavannamon.


“Why are you doing this?” He asked.


‘Isn’t the answer obvious? I have to get you losers out of the way before I can take over the Digital World!’ Akira replied, as if it were the most obvious thing on the planet.


“Now,” said Cavannamon, “Less talking, more fighting. Sword of Death!”


She pulled out her sword and swung it at Gallantmon, who protected himself by holding up his own sword, creating a loud clanging sound. Cavannamon frowned and hovered a few feet away from him, before flying forward and attacking him once again. Gallantmon held up his shield and blocked the attack.


‘Is that the best you can do?’ asked Takato, ‘I guess you WERE all talk.’


‘Oh, I have my own secret. Buh bye!’
With that, Cavannamon disappeared.


“Where’d she go?” asked Sakuyamon.


“I wouldn’t let our guard down,” said MegaGargomon, “For all we know, she could reappear at any given time.”


“I agree with MegaGargomon.” Gallantmon said, as he looked around his surroundings, keeping a close eye on just about anything that moved.


‘Where is she?’ Takato asked.


‘I’m not sure, Takatomon.’ Guilmon answered.


“Gallantmon, look out!” MegaGargomon and Sakuyamon cried out suddenly, causing Gallantmon to whip around just in time to find Cavannamon appear in front of him.


“Goodbye, loser.” She sneered, before plunging her sword into his gut, causing both Takato and Guilmon to cry out in agony.


When she pulled the sword out of him, Gallantmon de-digivolved into Takato and Gigimon. The two fell from the sky, but were caught by Kazu and Jeri before they hit the ground.


Takato cringed in pain, clutching his stomach. He could feel a strange liquid seeping through his t-shirt and knew instantly that it was blood. His blood. From the wound Cavannamon had inflicted on him as Gallantmon. But how was he bleeding? How was this possible? He was practically made up of data when he was in the Digital World! Too many questions were racing through his mind. His vision was beginning to blur.


“Oh crap!” He could hear Kazu say, as he was placed on the ground, “He’s bleeding!”


Takato groaned and looked up, fixing his gaze on the fight above him. It was MegaGargomon and Sakuyamon verses Cavannamon. He felt dizzy. The pain in his gut was now gone, replaced with a numb feeling. His eyes locked with Sakuyamon’s - or rather, Rika’s - and that was the last thing Takato saw before the darkness consumed him.


***


And that is the end of my Prologue. I re-read the original one and realized that I really could’ve done better, and I decided to re-write it and make a new one. I changed the villain’s name from ‘Persephone’ to ‘Akira’ because it was too hard to pronounce for those who like to read out loud (like me!). I also changed the name of Azuramon’s Mega form from “SupremeWarriormon” to “Cavannamon” because I realized that Digimon Fan was right when he/she (I’m sorry! I don’t know if you’re a girl or a boy so…) mentioned that it was obvious and stuff.


I also just went back to using the dubbed names and things like that. I was not only confusing myself, but my readers. I apologize!


Anyways, I hope you liked this Prologue better than the previous one! ^_^


~Princess Randi~