Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Why Love Letters Are A Pain ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
WHY LOVE LETTERS ARE A PAIN
By Robster80


Notes: 1) I do NOT own any of the characters use din this story. 2) This is set about 3 years after the defeat of MaloMyotismon in 02. 3) I got this idea from an old Chip & Dale cartoon I used to watch on videodisc when I was kid. 4) There's a poll at the bottom of this fic for... well, just read on.



Date/time: Wednesday, 10:11 PM
Place: the Ishida apartment


Matt put down his pen and picked up the paper that he had written on his desk. He scanned the writing on the paper carefully, checking his handiwork.

"Writing love letters for my kid brother to send to the girl he loves," he muttered to himself. "I can't believe I've been reduced to this."

Matt mentally scolded himself. He should be happy that TK finally admitted he was in love with someone. It took him long enough, especially since he had not one, not two, but THREE lovely ladies crazy for him. Actually, there were four, but Jun didn't really count. She liked just about any guy, and TK recently made her list since Matt kept giving her the cold shoulder time and time again.

"Davis had better not try putting those two together," Matt growled at the thought of the Tai-wannabe setting his brother up with the most obsessive girl in all of Japan. "He'd do it if he thought it would finally get Kari away from TK. Doesn't he realize how close they are, dating or not?!"

Deciding to move away from the Motomiya subject, Matt went back to viewing the letter. He had yet to put the name down at the top, concentrating more on the body and even TK's signature on the bottom. It was fortunate for TK that his handwriting and Matt's were so similar, otherwise even a fool would be able to tell that Matt wrote the letter.

He read it aloud to himself:

"Dearest ______,

"I know this seems very old fashioned, but it seemed right at the time to write you this message. For the longest time, I have wanted to know you as more than a friend, more than a 'sister.' Therefore, I'd like to invite you over to my apartment this weekend.

"Please come over this Saturday, at 2 PM. My mother will be at work, and I'll send Patamon to the Digital World to visit Agumon and the others. This way, no one can interrupt the important things I want to say to you. There's so much I want to say to you, but for now, I only have the courage to tell you three simple words:

"I love you.

"With love, Takeru (TK)"

Matt smiled at the letter. "A masterpiece," he whispered. "But I think I'll add in a few x's and o's to spice it up a little. It's too bad he didn't ask me to write letters to the other two girls saying-."

Suddenly, Matt thought of something. TK hadn't told him whom the letter was for. "Nice one, Matt," he told himself. "You were so busy with yourself, you didn't bother to let TK tell you who to send the letter to! He thinks you know who gets it, and you got three days to mail it out!"

Leaning on his lamp lit desk, Matt tried very hard to think whom TK was smitten for. There were three girls to pick from, he reminded himself mentally. That was the easy part, since they were the only girls from their first adventure in the Digital World.

First, of course, was Sora. She was the eldest of the three, around Matt's age. To the younger kids, she was the big sister of the group, although she was still somewhat a tomboy. She had helped Matt look after TK, comforting him when Matt couldn't. He didn't know how or when, but Sora had fallen for TK in the last few years. It was why she really "dated" Matt, just to be closer to TK.

Then, there was Mimi. She was a year younger than Sora, but was definitely more feminine. She was TK's first crush during their Digital World adventure, and also his favorite playmate. They seemed so cute together, despite that TK was 8 and Mimi was 10.

When Mimi made her first visit back to Japan after moving to America, seeing TK all grown up made her a target for Cupid's arrow. She had sent so many emails and made numerous phone calls to Matt about TK, it made his head spin. It had gotten worse when Mimi and Michael broke up after MaloMyotismon had been defeated. Matt was just thankful that Mimi wasn't as bad as Jun.

Last, but not least, was Kari. She was Tai's kid sister, and the same age as TK. Matt and Tai saw Kari and TK as the perfect couple, for numerous reasons. Their Digimon were both angelic, they knew each other better than anyone else did, they had the most powerful crests out of the original eight, and they seemed almost inseparable. The only things that possibly prevented TK and Kari from dating were Davis, Jun, and maybe Ken, who recently admitted to Matt that he was attracted to her.

"Dammit," Matt moaned in frustration. "This is too hard for me to figure out! And I can't call TK since he's out of town till Friday night and I have to get this letter out before then!

Matt closed his eyes and thought hard. A few minutes later, he got a brilliant, yet stupid idea. He'd send the letter to all three girls. Quickly, he got out two more pieces of paper and started to copy the first letter, word-for-word.

[TK is SOOOOOO going to kill me for this!]


****************************************************** **************************


Thursday, 9:49 AM
The Takenouchi Flower Shop*

*Dunno the exact name, okay?


It's about ten minutes to opening time, but the interior of the shop is still dark. Matt walks up to the front door, whistling a tune while hiding his hands in his school jacket's pockets. He stops at the shop's door, looks around to make sure no one is watching, and then reaches into his inner jacket pocket for an envelope with Sora's name on it. Quickly, he slides it through the mail slot on the door, and then runs off down the street.

[One down, two to go! Next stop, Mimi's penthouse!]


************************************************* *******************************


Thursday, 10:07 AM
The Tachikawa Penthouse


[Mimi's folks sure have done well for themselves,] Matt thought as he exited the elevator and stepped onto the penthouse floor. He was in a small hallway that led to the front door of Mimi's home, where she lived since her parents and her moved back to Japan two years ago.

The mail slot was on the wall of the door's left side. Matt pulled out another envelope, with Mimi's name on it, and slid it in before dashing back to the elevator.

[Now for Kari!]


****************************************************** **************************


Thursday, 10:39 AM
The Kamiya Apartment


Matt stood at the door to the Kamiyas' home, reaching into his inner pocket for Kari's envelope. [Last one,] he thought as he dropped it into the slot on the door. [Hope Tai doesn't get it, or that they mistake it for a letter from Davis.]

Deciding not to stick around, Matt ran off quietly for the elevator. Two minutes later, the apartment door opened and the head of a young, brown-haired girl with a pink clip peered out.

"That's strange," Kari said. "I could have sworn I heard footsteps out here."

Closing the door, Kari looked down to see a letter in the mailbox on the bottom of the door. She took it out and, seeing it was for her, quickly tucked it under her arm and dashed for the bathroom. Since Tai was sleeping in still, reading it in their bedroom was out of the question.

After locking the door, Kari walked over and sat down on the lid for the toilet. She carefully opened the envelope and pulled out the letter inside. [It had better not be from Davis again,] she fumed.

Deciding to read the letter now that it was in her hand, Kari read on. Each line she went to, her eyes opened a little wider, and her mouth started to hang open in shock. TK's signature at the bottom was all it took for Kari to let out a soft cry of joy. Bolting up from her seat, she kissed each x on the letter before she held it close to her chest.

"Finally," she sighed. "Oh Takeru, you made me so happy! Now I can get Davis off my back and be with my one true love!"

A knock on the door brought Kari back from her dream world. "Kari, what's the idea?! I need my shower!"

Blushing, Kari quickly folded the letter and envelope before stuffing them in her one pocket. "Sorry, Tai!"


******************************************************* *************************


Thursday, 1:15 PM
Sora's bedroom


Sora walked in her room, holding the envelope her mother had found earlier. Now that her shift was over, she was going to go practice her tennis playing, but first she wanted to find out what the letter was about.

There was no return address on the envelope. It didn't have her address, either. That meant whoever sent this to her knew where she lived, or knew her in general. The question was who?

Tired of the suspense, Sora opened it and pulled out its contents. "A love letter," she stated before reading. "From Takeru?!"

She reread the letter a number of times, putting a hand to her heart as she did. She could hardly believe that TK wanted to see her on Saturday, or that he shared her feelings for him.

"Wow! Oh my... wow!"

Staggering a little, Sora made her way to her closet and started looking for something she could wear for Saturday. She looked at the letter again before hugging it, hopping a little. "Takeru, I can't wait for Saturday!"


************************************************** ******************************


Thursday, 2:46 PM
Mimi's Bedroom


"I'm not here if the phone's for me," Mimi called to her parents before closing the door to her bedroom, locking the door. She was clutching the envelope her mom had found that morning, and forgot to give it to her.

[Well, that's my mom for you,] Mimi thought as she flopped onto her bed, ripping the envelope open. [I wonder who could have sent me a love letter this time? Joe? Tai? ...I hope it's not Davis!] She got her answer when she pulled out the letter and skipped down to the signature at the bottom. She gasped.

"Takeru?! Well, this is a pleasant surprise!"

Mimi went back to the top and read the letter quickly to herself. "'...Please come over this Saturday... ...2 PM... ...so much I want to say to you...' Oh, baby, I wouldn't miss it!"

She kissed the x's on the letter repeatedly, getting so excited about seeing TK, alone. "Ohhhhh, I finally get to tell TK I love him... in two days..."

Suddenly, Mimi sat up in bed. "But what will I wear?!"


***************************************************** ***************************


TK sneezed loudly as he sat on the bench, watching his teammates practice hard for the basketball tournament later that day. The coach looked over at him, worried. "You catching cold, TK?"

"No, Coach Roth! I think someone back home is talking about me."

"Probably your fan club. But just in case, you keep warm and don't overdo it! We need everyone at 101% tonight!"

"Yessir!"



=========================== ====================================================


Veemon80 : Aye, yi, yi! All three girls are going over to see TK on Saturday?!

Ke-Haar: Plen-ti trubble for Mista Tee-Kay.

R80: You said it, Ke-Haar. If I were him, I'd skip the country.

Tai: Jun's not gonna show up, is she?

R80: If she does, she won't be staying for very long, the girls will see to that!

Ke-Haar: Mista Ropsta, hoo get Mista Tee-Kay en end?

R80: *opens his mouth, but stops from speaking* ...I dunno yet.

80 Crew: Oy!


To Be Continued...