Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Wolf ❯ Chapter 6 ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter 6:

Mimi woke up with her usual perkiness. Then she remembered Tai in the extra bedroom. She needed to do something to cheer him up. She walked out of her room still thinking.

Kari was already in the kitchen making breakfast. "Hey Mimi, go see how Tai wants his eggs cooked."

Mimi nodded and headed off towards the bedroom. When she got there, she found it to be empty. "Kari!" she cried "He's gone!"

After exploring the room a little, Kari found a note. It wasn't a very happy note.

"Mimi! Someone overheard the conversation Tai and Matt had at the club. They took Tai to try to hurt Matt, just like Matt was worried about!" Kari broke down crying.

Mimi had been having to practice being the calm one over these last few days. Now that practice came into play. "Kari this is no time to break down. We need to find Matt, and tell him."

Kari dried up her tears. "Okay"

"Good"

"but Mimi?"

"Yes?"

"How do we find him?"

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Oh great plan!" Mimi cried as she looked down the alley.

"It is!" Kari defended herself. "Gangs always hang out in alley ways."

"Kari that is only in the movies"

"Stop whining, and lets just see."

The two girls began their way down the alley, quickly losing all bravery.

They stopped as they heard two voices a little ways off.

"Look, just because of what happened that one day, doesn't mean you should stop. There aren't many other options." One voice said, it was a woman.

"I know but still. I don't know if I can do it anymore." The other voice was also a woman.

"They weren't really any better off than you! One of them was ready to shoot us!"

"I guess you are right"

"Of course I..." The woman stopped as she came around the corner, and spotted Mimi and Kari. "Look she said" turning to her companion "here is a chance to come back, and prove you can still do it."

Mimi and Kari should have run, but they were frozen in terror. The first woman took advantage of this, and rammed Kari up against a wall. The other woman, didn't move as quick, and instead she studied Mimi.

"What do you think you are doing?" The first woman demanded.

"Taking my friend's advice, and observing my opponents."

The other woman sighed, and was about to turn back to Kari when her friend screamed.

"MIMI!!" She cried, "I almost did it again!!" Sora started to cry like a baby leaving everyone else very confused. "First Yamato and Taichi, now Mimi and" She paused and looked at Kari, "HIKARI!" She broke down into hysterics.

Ami let go of Kari with a deep sigh. "Alright, how do you know them?" She asked annoyed.

"Mimi was my best friend in High School!" Sora cried.

"Sora?" Mimi said, finally catching on.

Sora nodded, and started to apologize rapidly.

"Stop that!" Kari said. "We might be able to use your help."

Sora did stop. "How?"

Kari quickly explained about Tai and Matt.

"So you need to find Matt now?"

Kari nodded, and Sora turned to Ami.

"Do you know where the gang hangs out?"

"Do you mean their favorite bars, or their hide out?"

"Either!"

"Chill, y'all are lucky. I know where the headquarters is. Although it will be hard to get in."

"We can worry about that later! Lets go!" Kari shouted, and they went.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

About 30 minutes later out the group of four in front of a gigantic warehouse.

"Ugh! It is so ugly!" Mimi cried.

Ami laughed. "It's a disguise. Inside on the top couple of floors it is really nice."

"Don't worry about the decoration, right now!" Kari yelled, "We need to worry about how we get in."

"You are alone on that one. Bye!" Ami walked off, but Sora stayed with her friends.

"Oh boy. What do we do now?" Kari asked.

Any response was interrupted by a bit of yelling in front of the building.

"I found one!" A man cried as he held up another man by his shirt.

"An assassin?" Someone asked

"Yep, and look! There are 3 more! Get them!" He was pointing at the girls.

The girls were grabbed and pulled into the building.

"Well at least we got in." Sora stated blandly.

A man laughed. "Yeah, and you will probably also see your targets. They will decide your fate!"

The girls were dragged into the elevator after getting a brief glimpse of the first floor.

"I still say they need decoration!" Mimi said.

The elevator stopped on the top floor. The girls, and the true assassin, were all dragged into a room.

"Now stay still, and you might live. For a few more moments at least." The guys laughed, and couple left presumably to get the boss.

"You know, this room doesn't look to bad" Mimi started.

She was cut off as the door opened, and 5 men walked into the room with a couple of their captors. The girls immediately recognized Matt, but he didn't look at them. Matt walked straight to where the desk was and put his head down in his hands.

A man with a big build and short dark hair, Kojo, began to question the assassin. The assassin didn't answer any questions, and was dragged out of the room. None of the girls wanted to even think what was going to happen to him.

"Alright, your turn." Kojo pointed at Hikari.

"I will answer any of your questions completely and honestly."

"Nice to know. Alright then, What's your name?"

"Hikari Yagami" She stated calmly.

There were various choking sounds around the room. Yamato was the first to react.

"What are you doing here?" He demanded. Then he saw the other two girls. "Mimi? Sora? Where's Tai? What happened?"

"We need to talk, but I don't think here is the best place" She handed Matt the note that her and Mimi had found that morning.

Yamato's face paled, and he cursed loudly. "Azel, Bryan, and the rest of you get out now!"

The ones that had brought the girls in departed quickly.

"Care to explain?" Kojo asked.

"Not right now."

Takeru, Daisuke, and Koushiro ran over to where the girls were sitting on the couch, while Kojo read the note.

"Izzy? T K? Davis?" Mimi asked amazed. When they nodded at their names, there was a short reunion between old friends. The reunion was cut short by the note, however, and everyone tried to think about what they were going to do.

Yamato finally spoke. "They want me, so if I agree to meet them, Tai should be let free." "they will kill you though!" Takeru yelled.

"So?" Matt stuggled to stay calm. "I want out of this mess, and apparently there is only one way to do that!"

"I won't let you!" T K yelled.

"You can't stop me! If they kill me, no one else will have to die. They are trying to kill you, and Kojo, and Dai, just to make me suffer! If I was killed they would leave you alone!"

"No they won't! After they kill you, they will destroy everyone that was loyal to you, meaning all of us!"

"Stop it!" The girls cried as one. Daisuke pulled Takeru away, while Kojo took care of Matt.

"We can raid the other gang's hangout." Koushiro finally stated.

"What?" Matt asked astounded.

Koushiro took a deep breath. "Just take everyone loyal to you, and run through the place. Even if you don't find Tai, you will have scared everyone into respecting you again."

"That is practically suicide!" Matt exclaimed. "We would lose a lot of people!"

"That is what it would take in any choice you made" Kojo with finality.

"Fine, we will do it tonight so they wont have any time to prepare if word gets out."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Across town in a small detective office three people sat discussing their problems.

"Have you figured out who it is yet?" Yolie asked her boss.

"No, but the fights going on between the two gangs are increasing." Ken buried his face in his hands. These gangs were getting out of control.

"So its Wolf against Raven?" Cody asked.

"Yeah, 'Wolf' is the leader of the Wolves, and 'Raven' is the leader of the Crows. The two gangs are about to really begin to bust each other. Apparently the Crows have got someone on the inside of the Wolves, and they are trying to kill all the most loyal members to 'Wolf'. They haven't succeeded yet, though." Ken explained.

"And you still haven't figured out their true identities?" Yolie questioned again.

"No, within the last 30 seconds I still haven't figured it out." Ken said, losing his patience.

The door suddenly burst open, and in ran Joe. "I got some more information!"

Joe was the one who usually told Ken where the gangs where going to strike next. He got the information from his hospital when a gang member would update someone. The hospital was always full of members who had been hurt in the last fight, and usually one of their friends would come tell them what was happening. Joe just happened to overhear.

"What?" Ken asked.

"Apparently the Crows did something to make the Wolves really mad, because tonight the Wolves are doing a straight run through of the Crow's main hideout."

"That doesn't make to much sense." Ken pondered. "Usually they have more reserve than that. They don't usually act with out thinking."

"What are they planning to do?" Cody asked confused.

Ken explained. "They take all of their members straight into the hideout, and kill as many people as possible"

Yolie and Cody both made disgusted faces.

Ken suddenly smiled. "This just might be the chance we have been waiting for. Both the Wolf and the Raven will be there. We have to go!"

No amount of pleading would change Ken's mind. Therefore, Joe went back to the hospital, while the other three planned what they were going to do.

TBC