Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Yume Ja Nai Yo ❯ Chapter 3

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Three! Yippie! I've all ready written down the plot to this story chapter by chapter and it's made thing much easier. All i do is write around what I was going to do. Filler to the basic plot. I should do this with every story I write. Makes things much easier. Much much. Sept I got carried away with the last. Was supposed to stop it just as the Wrysa attacked. Ooh well.

Oh yeah taking another thing from Mercedes Lackey in this chapter. The little pendant thingy Daisuke uses. It's not quite the same as her's as I've changed it to suit my needs but basicly the same.

And if your wondering later Toji is my version of Human Wormmon made specificly for this story.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


~~~~~~~~~Daisuke's pov

Daisuke leaped out of the falling trees path with wide eyes. He hated when Takeru sprung these surprise magicy things on him. Of course he shouldn't complain considering Takeru Was a sorcerer and he Was supposed to help him out. No Wrysa appeared on his side of the tree so he began climbing through the branches to reach the other side.

Half way through he could hear the slithering growls of the Wrysa. Some had survived. He also heard the strangled shout of pain coming from Takeru. Moving quicker then before, Daisuke broke from the branches in time to see Takeru trying to release his arm from the creatures grip. Rushing forward Daisuke stabbed the repulsive creature through the back of the head. It's death grip on Takeru's arms loosened and the blonde pushed it violently from him.

"Daisuke thanks Gods... " Takeru said then stopped wincing and clutching his arm to him.

"What's wrong?"Daisuke asked kneeling immediately at Takeru's side, taking his arm to look at it.

The Wrysa's siliva coated the wound which was all ready beginning to swell. Takeru blinked a few times and swayed where he sat, looking worried.

"Daisuke the poison acts very quickly. I'll last for awhile but you have to get me back to the village as quickly as possible." He said sounding a bit woozy.

Daisuke nodded and poured some water over the bites in Takeru's arm. It wasn't enough to wash away all the poison but it got the bites semi clean. He left the cut open so the wound could seep. Then helping the steadily worsening Takeru to his feet set off.

He was worried but as long as Takeru could walk he was sure things would be okay. Unfortunately the trip here had taken all day. At the slower pase they were forced to adopt the trip back would lead them well into sunrise and the afternoon. Looking sideways at Takeru, Daisuke wasn't sure he could make it. They'd been walking for about twenty minutes and the blonde would trip often, unable to lift his feet high enough to avoid rocks and branches. His good arm clutched the injured one to his chest, the only thing keeping him from flying face down into the ground was Daisuke's arm around his waist.

*I'll get him out of this. I wont let him down.*

"Don't worry Takeru your going to be fine. I'll get you outa here." Daisuke said reassuringly.

Takeru smiled weakly at him and stumbled over another rock, this time jarring his arm painfully. He gasped with pain but kept going when Daisuke urged him on.

"I know you will Daisuke. I know you will." He said quietly managing to move forward.

It was just after sun rise when Takeru could go no further. For the last hour he'd barely been aware of his surroundings or anything Daisuke said. Then he tripped again but this time Daisuke couldn't hold him up. He fell to the ground not even trying to save himself. All Daisuke was able to do was keep him from face planting the ground.

"Takeru? Takeru are you okay?" Daisuke asked desperately pulling Takeru into a sitting position.


Takeru didn't even focus on him. He'd become delirious and kept muttering something about a Ken and proving he was real. Daisuke didn't understand what he was talking about and frankly didn't care at the moment. He let Takeru lean back against a tree before leaning on his heels thinking.

*How much farther is it to the village? Could I make it if I carried him? Would Takeru make it?*

~~~~~~~~~~Takeru POV

Takeru's vision blurred in and out. A red screaming pain spreading from his injured arm throughout his entire body. The more time that passed the harder it was for him to hang on to reality.

He had faith that Daisuke would get him help. He wasn't so sure about the village healer. Wrysa were rare and not commonly known about. Takeru wasn't sure a normal herbal healer would do.

Blinking as his vision grew darker then cleared moments later Takeru forgot thinking to just sit. It was nice not to be moving anymore. The pain was spreading down to his legs. Going from just plain numb to tingling like pins and needles but steadily getting worse.

At this point all Takeru wanted to do was sleep. He forced himself to stay awake. No use scaring Daisuke more then he already was. He really hoped Daisuke would be okay without him.

*Since when did I decide I wasn't going to survive this?*

He thought stubbornly. Takeru wasn't going to give up that easily. Yet the little idea drifted through his mind and took hold. There was no way for him to be cured even if Daisuke managed to get him back in time. It was useless.

*Oh well. I just wish I could see Ken again...*

Takeru sighed still struggling to remain aware. Think about Ken made him remember his promise to prove to Ken that he was real. That was impossible now. He'd die and Ken would go on with his life. Takeru grew sad as he thought about this. It was very clear from his conversations with Ken that the boy was unhappy with his life.

*I'm one of the few reasons he has to go on. I can leave him... Okay so I don't have a choice but he has to know I'm real... But how?*

As Daisuke rummaged through their bags trying to find something to help, Takeru searched through his memory. It wa strangle how he could still think coherently, yet was unable to act this way. He had a vague sense of babbling under his breath about something too.

His blurry eyes focused on some birds twittering through the grasses behind Daisuke. A small mental smile twitched his lips. He knew how to prove to Ken he was real and see him just one last time. Reaching out with the last bits of magic he had he placed a simple spell on a bird. Then carried the spell with his as the effort pushed him past the brink of the waking world.

~~~~~~~~Daisuke POV

Daisuke had just figured out a way to help Takeru, his when eyes rolled back and his head slumped to the side. Daisuke felt his pulse hoping the poison hadn't effected his friend that greatly yet.

*It's just a normal reaction. He'll be fine. He'll be fine.*

But as he felt the faint flutter of Takeru's pulse beating weakly through the skin Daisuke knew no village herbalist was going to be able to extract the poison from Takeru's blood stream. The only thing capable of saving him was magic. This cemented his decision.

Daisuke reached for a pendant hanging around his neck and pulled it out. It was a round flat disk that looked a bit like mother of pearl though he didn't know what it was. Takeru had given it to him after one point were they'd barely escaped with their lives. Takeru had become worried about what Daisuke would do if he'd been killed or injured.

"Take this disk and let three drops of your own blood fall on it. Then think really hard about what you need. Whether it be another sorcerer, a healer or even if you need the whole flipping army to come. It's Only for emergencies so be careful when you use it. Only if you can't do something yourself. After using it stay put." He'd said going over some more minor details about the spell and things he couldn't do.

Sitting down beside Takeru he pulled out his pocket knife which had been useless against the Wrysa and poked his finger. He let the prescribed three drops of blood to fall. The pendant began to glow slightly with a strange inner light and Daisuke began to think desperately for what he needed.

*I need someone who can help Takeru. Somebody who can take the poison out of his blood and keep him alive! He's almost dead so please hurry.*

He kept thinking about this not knowing how long he was supposed to keep it up. Takeru had begun shivering so Daisuke still thinking of his need took out Takeru's scarlet cloak and wrapped it around his body. He then wrapped his arms around Takeru and held the blonde close wishing repeatedly for help.

*Please, please somebody who can take this crap out of Takeru. Please hurry...*

He held Takeru tightly in his arms trying to warm him up. His skin now felt clammy and there was a fine sheen of sweat glimmering on his skin. His breathing was becoming gradually more shallow and Daisuke was filled with fear.

"Don't you dare die on me Takaishi. What would I do without you anyways? Be a stable boy again? Your all I got so you can't die on me." He said forgetting to keep up the lanity in his head for help.

"Please don't die. Please don't die." He whispered burying his face in Takeru's soft hair and wishing again and again for Takeru not to die.

Nobody seemed to hear his plea's as Takeru's breathing grew softer and his skin even colder. Still Daisuke held him hoping somebody would come and save them.

~~~~~~~~~~Ken POV

When ever he had this dream he stayed for quite a long time. Even after Takeru left and the golden fields of grass felt leaving the dream scape cold, dark and as barren as a desert he didn't leave. Couldn't was more appropriate. He was trapped within this dream as surely as he was trapped within his own life.

He sat cross legged on the cold hard ground with it's mosaic like cracks. He looked at the sky no longer the pleasant indigo it had been but a cold blue black. The stars had disappeared completely and he was left in darkness.

There was one exception to the stark landscape and that was a small plant growing healthy from the cracks in the ground. It had nice broad leaves and it's own glowing light different from the glow of the grass. The color of it kind of reminded him of Toji's hair and he found some small comfort in it as he waited to wake up from this dream.

Then a few hours it seemed after Takeru first left the grasses returned and surrounded him ounce again. Something was wrong though. The grass was no longer glowing and rustled dully in the crisp cold wind that passed through them. Ken stood up quickly violet eyes looking around desperately for the blonde hair and blue eyes he knew.

He heard a small choking sound and ran towards it almost tripping over Takeru who was hidden by the tall grasses. He was kneeling in the grass shivering, his arms wrapped around himself. Ken was by his side instantly pulling him against his side. His skin felt cold and clammy and his teeth chattered uncontrollably. But the worst had to be that Takeru was almost completely transparent as if barely holding on to existence.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~

Lalalala end chapter three! So whatcha think so far? Is it good, is it good, is it good? Tell me! R&R please