Dominion Tank Police Fan Fiction ❯ is it for the best ❯ screw up ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Authors notes: this took way to long to write so enjoy

Disclaimer: same as always

Is it for the best

Chapter 4: screw up

Today had been so bad for al he had gotten out of that hospital he swore that the boredom would kill him before bullets could. His chest was still sore but he could deal with it. Especially since he didn't want to leave a bad impression on Leona. Well it wasn't exactly a date but they were all alone in the café it was hard not to get the idea it wasn't a date.

Not a word had actually passed between the two since they had left the station the only words each had spoke was there orders. Leona was getting pretty annoyed at the silence she had to stop it before it got unbearable.

The station was deserted seemed all the officers had gone home after colesmans death. Little did they know that he was far from it. Colesman had never gotten onto that plane. The twin figures crept silently into the holding bay and placed there objective. Now if they could get out of the area they could get paid and leave the city for good. But things don't always go to plan.

`AL I believe you have gotten the wrong idea what the hell kind of question is that'

`I'm sorry Leona I guess I got the wrong idea please forgive me'

`Al I'm going to the station Bonaparte needs some maintenance if you need me I will be there.'

And with that al was left there sitting unclear of what happened. He sat and he blinked and he thought things over. Why had he had to ask her about her personal life? He continued to sit there for another 20 minutes blinking and thinking over what had just recently passed. He continued this way until a thought struck him. She had left him with the bill. Al would blink only one more time in that café the only noticeable difference was that this time he blinked HARD.

Al walked towards the tank hanger. He needed to talk to her in private and beg for forgiveness. That and he was broke. As he drew nearer he could hear a sound it was lower than a voice but far from being unnoticeable. In fact he could recognize the voice but not what it was doing. As al walked closer he could begin to comprehend the sniffles and mumbles until he was a few feet behind her did he realize she was crying.

Al stood there unable to offer any comfort to his partner. This scene would have continued long into the night had there not been a rustling from the debris of Bonaparte emerged a scared Uni. It was clear who had done this to Bonaparte. Leona marched to her target her footsteps heavy and loud as they echoed across the floor. If the force she applied to the floor were to be transferred towards uni she would be in need of hospital treatment. Al desperately tried to keep Leona from injuring an already exhausted and hurt Uni. He would let her yell verbal abuse once she was in a cell but being torn to shreds was not something he wanted to watch.

Uni was thrown into a cell and locked inside. All light was blocked so Uni would have to sit in darkness. Uni felt around they hadn't even left her a bed. It was bad enough her leg hurt the worse it had been in quiet a while and her eyes weren't getting used to the darkness any faster than usual. Uni started to dislike the dark when she realized she was all alone in the station.

Apart from one pair of eyes who saw it all. Those eyes belonging to her sister Anna. The pumas wouldn't stay locked up anywhere for long.