Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Akira Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction / El Hazard Fan Fiction / Gall Force Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Macross Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Transformers Fan Fiction / Trigun Fan Fiction / Big O Fan Fiction / Medabots Fan Fiction ❯ Being Robster80 ❯ A Short Birthday Fic and a Fic Preview ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
A Short Birthday Fic and a Fic Preview
By Rosbter80

Disclaimer: I do NOT own any of the characters in these stories.


Robster80 sat in front of his computer screen, thinking about what to write about. He had a lot to do, he knew: The Road Not Taken, BOYZ Endless Waltz, New Destiny, an upcoming Christmas fic, the Anime Beauty Contest he was co-writing with Ninja T. Kasuga, and he still had to write the Takari wedding fic he promised his muses. However, with all the ideas running through his always-running mind, he could never decide what to write next or how to do it.

Heaving a frustrated sigh, R80 buried his face in his hands just as Aoi-chan walked into the room. “Robster-sama,” she said in her usual soft, kind voice, “it’s time for supper.”

Not even looking up at all, R80 said in a tired voice, “Yeah, yeah, I’ll be right down.”

As Aoi-chan walked over, she noticed the Microsoft Word document on the screen was blank. “Writer’s block again?”

“I don’t think so. Maybe I’ve just gotten lazy.”

“Robster-sama, you’ve been busy ever since you left your summer job: anime club, job-hunting, family emergencies…”

“Don’t forget I got hooked onto that game ‘Disgaea: Hour of Darkness.’”

“My point is, you’ve been so busy with all those things, it’s hard to just sit down and write about something.” As she spoke, Aoi-chan used the mouse to turn off the program for R80. “Perhaps some food will help get you back in the writing spirit. Now go wash up and then come down stairs.”

He wanted to argue, but R80 knew Aoi-chan was right. Perhaps a full stomach and a full mind would be better than an empty stomach and full mind. “Give me five minutes.”


************************************************************************


“SURPRISE!!!”

R80 nearly cried out in shock as the booming voices of muses, friends and fellow authors/otakus shouted out at him from the main hall of Manor 80, followed by thunderous cheers. At the foot of the staircase, a large cake had been set up surrounded by Akane, Belldandy and the Stooges.

“Happy Birthday, Robster80,” Someone shouted, R80 knew it was either Archangel Bloodraven or Ninja T Kasuga.

At this, R80’s eyes nearly popped out. He had just turned 23 and he had forgotten all about it. It was rather embarrassing.

“Thank you,” he started to say, which caused the cheering to quiet down to a stop. “Thanks, everyone, but… in all honesty, I totally forgot my birthday was today.”

“We figured as much,” Optimus Prime said from the back, “but we didn’t, and since we forgot to throw you a party last year we made sure not to forget about one this year.”

“Much appreciated, Optimus! I see you got everybody here. …Or not. Where are TK and Kari?”

“Search us, boss, we couldn’t find them,” replied Luffy.

Just then, R80 felt a light tug at his pants’ sleeves. Looking down, he saw Puchiko, whom he quickly picked up and put on his shoulder.

“TK and Kari elope, nyu,” Puchiko said. “They no wait longer for fic.”

“Well, I for one am glad they did. They can help me write the wedding when and if they come back.”

“What do you mean IF?”

“Well, Shanchan, I paired TK with a lot of anime girls in my head. That would be enough to drive him away for a very long time, if Kari has her way. And that reminds me, I have an important announcement to make: after one more fic, I am officially retiring from writing lemon fanfiction.”

There were some loud mutters and whispers going around after this statement, mostly in disbelief. “What’s up with this, Rob,” Daffy was the first to raise his voice to ask the question.

“Well, I’ve thought it over and realized I just lost interest in writing and reading lemon fics these past few months. Heck, I only check to see if ‘Red Digivice Diaries’ has been updated anymore.”

“Plus with 02 long over, nobody’s interested in writing about those pairings anymore.”

“Exactly, Ami-chan. I’m just going to write the FINAL chapter of ‘Cheaters,’ and that will be the end. I’ll just find somebody to take over my one other series that shall not be mentioned for the sake of certain muses.” He patted Puchiko on the head as he said that last part. “As for the Lemon Room, I’m going to close it off for now until I decide what to do with it. So from now on, all you couples among my muses, keep it in the bedroom.”

Silence followed for about a minute before R80 then said, “Okay, enough with the serious stuff. Let’s get the party started! Everybody into Café 80/Bloodraven!”

“ALL RIGHT!!”


************************************************************************


“Wow! Are all your parties like this?”

R80 shrugged. “Well, Dragonmaster CT, not always. Usually there’s a slight misunderstanding and a big chase after the party’s over. Dunno why there wasn’t one this time.” He then checked his watch. “Then again, it is early yet.”

“Well, I had a great time, nonetheless, Mr. R80.”

“Please, call me Rob or Robster. Mr. makes me older than I really am, though you meant to be respectful and I appreciate that.”

“Okay, Mr. R80.”

“…I can see this is gonna take some time. Well, forgive me for showing you out so soon, but I have to start my real-life job tomorrow and I want to make sure I have my clothes ready and get plenty of rest.”

“It’s alright, I can understand. I’ll be doing that myself once I get out of college.”

“Thanks again for coming, and be sure to leave your email and AIM screenname (optional, of course) with the muse on your way out.”

After saying goodbye, R80 stared up the stairs back to his room. Suddenly, he pauses and turns towards the reader(s)…


I’m sorry to cut this short, but I’ve finally gotten a job and that must come first before all else. HOWEVER, I am leaving you with a preview for an upcoming Christmas fic. Consider it a longer pilot for a new Alternate Universe Mega-crossover. Enjoy, folks, and I’ll be seeing ya!


-Robster80 (R80)



Naru sat a little uneasy at the breakfast table. After the last two months, she still wasn’t used to sharing the building with men. However, this didn’t mean she had no respect for any of them. Seto Kaiba, Ranma Ishida, Darth Maul, Nataku, Yusuke Urameshi, Dearka Elthman, Jinnai Katsuiko, and especially TK Takaishi proved to her and the other girls that they were responsible and mature. Well, Yusuke and Ranma still had some maturing to do, and Jinnai and Dearka’s respective obsessions with Gundam and Zoids model kits were a bit annoying.

Mokoto, Naru had noticed recently, finally accepted the guys and stopped challenging them over the right to stay in the Hinata. In fact, Mokoto only sparred with TK and Ranma once in a while to keep up her training.

Asuka never had a problem about the change from living in a girls’ dorm to an apartment house. She knew the guys before they came, and she was dating Ranma. Also, she was the one who pushed for the girls to be friends with the guys. It nearly took everything out of her to do so.

Su didn’t really mind, either. It meant she had more “playmates” to have fun with, and she respected Dearka and Jinnai because of their tastes in mecha. Also, she seemed to have formed a bond with Darth Maul, almost like a brother-sister thing.

Shinobu had been very nervous at first, which wasn’t helped by Naru’s aloud theories of the guys being perverts. However, once she got to know Yusuke, who acted tough but was really a decent guy, she grew to accept the new tenants.

Kitsune liked the idea of living under the same roof with several hot guys. However, she thought twice about which to seduce after TK nearly made her taste his sword when she tried to place his hand on her chest in an attempt to lower her rent. Currently, she was going after Kaiba by applying to his passion for the “Dungeons & Monsters” card game, which he excelled at.