Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Card Captor Sakura Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction / Fan Fiction ❯ Best Days of Our Lives ❯ At the Beginning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Best Days of Our Lives

By Kawaii_Cherry_Blossom

Notes:

* All of the characters are in character and always will be. They do the same things as they do in the show, basically, except for special things, like for example:

* There is no such thing as Pokemon, so the characters in that show don't have anything to do with that.

* The girls and Darien in Sailor Moon aren't Sailor Soldiers or Tuxedo Mask, respectively.

* The char's from Card Captor Sakura know nothing about Clow Cards - there's no such thing.

* For the char's from DBZ - they can do martial arts and control their ki, and Frieza, Cell, Buu and all that has already happened. Gohan and Videl protect the city.

* For Gundam Wing people…they don't have anything to do with the plot of the show - only their personalities are kept the same.

* Any romances already in the shows will be kept intact.

* The Trunks I'm referring to is Mirai Trunks, however, I have included Bra in a little part of this, as well as Marron, so it's like the life and personality of the one in GT. I haven't included Goten, however, as I already have Gohan in it and they're all the same age in this fic. Obviously the 2 brothers can't be the same age, lol.

Chapter 1:

At The Beginning

Ash sighed slightly to himself as he walked through the gates of his high school - Crossroads High. He stopped for a moment and looked around at his surroundings. It was all so similar, but in his mind it was plainly different. This time he was in a different situation - it was his final year of school. He couldn't just joke around like he normally did, scraping out of tough situations regarding homework and time. It was going to get serious, and Ash wasn't one to be serious. He smiled as he saw his friend Serena come running over to him, waving. All his uncertainty and worry about school was then forgotten as Serena tripped over her feet in her usual style, and fell down flat on her face. Ash burst into laughter and ran over to help her up.

"Hey Serena, how are ya?" he asked when she was on her feet again, blushing despite the number of times she fell over during the day anyway. You'd think she'd be used to it…

"Oh, I'm great Ash, what about y…" Serena started, but was interrupted by the oh-so-familiar interruption…

"Hey Meatball Head, your first clutz-out for the school year! Are you going to count? Maybe you'll beat last-year's record!" Darien's voice mocked as Serena's face turned red with anger. A large sweatdrop appeared on the side of Ash's head as he backed away a little and prepared himself for the small nightmare that was to come.

"DARIEN YOU ARE SUCH A HEARTLESS JERK! IT'S THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL, CAN'T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE?! Gosh, you'd think you were in grade 1 instead if 12!"

Darien laughed. "Hah, speak for yourself, meatball head! At least I can walk and think at the same time!" He walked away laughing as Serena waved her fist at him.

"Man, that guy is so annoying. I'm so glad this is the last year that I have to put up with him!"

Ash smiled. "Yeah…but it is pretty funny sometimes…the way you get all mad…hahahahahahahahaha!"

Serena stared daggers from hell at him, however, and he quickly quietened down. "Or not!" he stuttered, waving his hands in front of his face.

Suddenly, Serena whipped around and started to wail loudly. "It's not fair, nobody takes me seriously."

Ash put his hand on her shoulder, sweatdropping in the process. "I know the feeling."

Destinee laughed as she saw Serena start to wail. She ran over to her and Ash excitedly. It was great to be back at school with her best friends.

"Hi guys!" she called out as she ran up to them.

"Hey Dest!" they replied simultaneously, and all hugged.

"So, what's shakin?!" Destinee asked them.

"My ass!" Gary said loudly as he arrived at the scene, presenting himself like a King but looking more like a try-hard.

"Hey, Garz!" Ash cried as they high-fived.

Destinee laughed. "Always there with your smart remarks, eh Gary?"

"Yep! That's me!" he replied and she laughed. "So did you hear the news?"

"What news? Oh! Tell me! Tell!!!" Serena said in her usual hyperactive fashion.

"Ok, ok, I'm telling!" Gary yelled over her. "The student leaders for 2003 are being announced today!"

"Really?" Ash asked.

"Hey, cool!" Destinee said.

"Man, I'm nervous now!" Serena said.

"What do you have to be nervous about? You didn't nominate for anything!" Gary said.

Serena growled, Ash laughed and then got hit over the head by Serena.

"Well, it's good to see nobody's changed!"

Gary said, slapping Ash on the back. "Anyways, I'll see you at recess", he said quickly before anyone could interrupt. "I've got some stuff to take care of."

Everyone waved him goodbye as he ran away. Destinee narrowed her eyes at him as he disappeared into the crowd of students, but couldn't help but smile at his charm. Gary could allure a big, hungry bear if he wanted to.

Trunks smiled shyly as a bunch of girls winked at him while he walked by. Although he appreciated their complements, he didn't really like girls who only concentrated on people's physical appearance rather than their personality. He knew that the only reason they liked him was because he was rich, an heir to the 'throne' of Capsule Corporation, a martial artist and because of his looks. He'd rather a girl like him for his beliefs and intelligence. Checking the classroom list, he was glad to see his was with some of his friends. A lot of his time is taken up by the martial arts team, which Wufei, Videl, himself and some other younger students are involved in. He was hoping to get Gohan to join this year - he's pretty well-known as the Great Saiyaman and he knows some great moves. Trunks rolled his eyes as he felt a small body wrap itself around him.

"Bra! Get off!" he yelled, annoyed at his ever so annoying little sister. He turned as she jumped off him and saw that her friend Marron was with her - she's the daughter of one of his family's friends, Krillin and his wife Eighteen.

"Hi Trunks!" the two girls chirped with a grin.

Trunks face-faulted. "Hi…" he said, annoyed at their brightness on the first day of school. "What do you want, Bra?" he asked, annoyed.

"Well…I need some money! Just to buy something for lunch today! Dad's punishing me for going out the other night without telling him, and he told mom I'm not allowed to have any, and he watched that she didn't GIVE me any!"

Trunks laughed. Their father tried to be strict but usually it just turned out funny.

"Please, Trunks!" she pleaded.

Rolling his eyes once more, he reached into his pocket and pulled out two dollars. "There", he said, handing it to her. "Buy something healthy."

She took it eagerly and smiled. "Thanks, Trunks! You're the best!"

Marron raised her eyebrows at Bra's attitude to her brother, when she knew it'd just turn back to 'I hate him!' when she walked away.

Trunks was relieved when the girls went off again. Those two could be a handful…and he should know! He's always the one stuck babysitting them!

Wufei kicked the punching bag in front of him with great strength, panting as he proceeded to land a flurry of punches and various other martial arts moves at it. He glanced over to the other side of the gym, where Videl was doing the same, then went back to his workout. After 5 minutes more, he landed his final punch, and fell back onto the soft mat beneath him. Soon after, Videl did the same, panting from tiredness, without appearing that she was tired. Wufei could see a great determination in her eyes. She was a great fighter. They had been in the school's martial arts team ever since they had formed it when they were in grade 9. They had gotten off to a shaky start, however. Wufei's beliefs, influenced by his past, had first prevented Videl from being allowed in the team, seeing as he was the leader. Wufei is from China, and when he was young his parents arranged for him to marry a girl named Nataku. Wufei hated the idea, and promised himself he wouldn't fall in love with her. Nataku was upset - she liked Wufei, and wanted to marry him in the future. So, she set about proving to him that she'd make a worthy wife. In an attempt to prove her worth, Nataku entered a martial arts competition. Wufei was stunned and impressed by her determination, although she wasn't a very good fighter, and he realised that the relationship could work. However, tragedy then struck as Nataku was knocked to the ground, hitting her head with great force, and rendered unconscious, in one of her fights. Nataku did not live through that day, and Wufei suffered a tremendous amount of guilt. It was then that he decided that a fight was no place for a female, and forbid any female he knew to be part of any martial arts class or team. When he met Videl and she begged to be in his team, he refused, and wouldn't let her in. However, after he saw her fight, he had no choice but to accept her into the team. And she is the only one he ever told his story too. Ever since then, they and the other teammates had won countless competitions. Wufei considered Videl to be his only friend. Videl was equally fond of Wufei, and looked up to him as if he were her teacher. Videl also had her group of friends, with Serena, Destinee, Ash and all of them, and had even invited Wufei to sit with them a few times. But he always refused, and Videl accepted this, knowing he was simply the type of person who wanted to be alone. Videl gave Wufei a small smile. "We're gonna smash 'em this year, right Wufei?"

Wufei nodded. "Of course."

Brock stood at the classroom lists with his hands in his pockets. He couldn't believe it was his final year. It had been hard to get this far, but it was definitely worth it. It wasn't hard because he wasn't smart enough - Brock was extremely intelligent and always got high grades in just about every subject, especially ones that involved home economics. What made it tough was his family. His mother had passed away 5 years ago, and following that his father had left…and left him with 9 younger siblings. Brock managed to get them childcare while he went to school and worked part time to pay off the money, but he knew it wouldn't work long-term. He didn't have any time for homework, and that time was getting more in demand as the months went by. About to give up and loose all hope of graduating, Brock told the school that he wouldn't be coming back to do his final year. But a few days later, his father returned and patched things up with his family. The children were all happy to see him (Brock hadn't told them that he'd abandoned them), but it was harder for Brock to accept him after all he'd done. However, he promised him that, in time, he'd forgive him, and was happy that he'd be able to finish school. Smiling to himself, Brock found his name on the list. He was in 12 Red, and he was with…Darien, Captra and Ami! Still smiling, Brock sighed happily. 'It's gonna be a good year.' He was then interrupted, however, as he saw Mina Aino walk by, and his face turned red as he followed her.

James frowned as his black stretch-limo pulled up at Crossroads High. His Butler gave him a confident smile as he opened the door for his 'master', and James stepped out. He walked slowly through the gates, not too anxious to start another year of school. The expectations his parents had of him had reached their peak in preparation for this year. It was the last step in his education, before he went on to further education to become a lawyer…just like his father, and his father's father, and his father's father's father…and so on, had done. James then saw his friends, put on a brave face, and walked up to them in a posh fashion.

Jessibelle tossed her hair in a large display of attention as she rolled her eyes.

"These people are all such drags. Look at the way they wear their hair!" she said as she pointed to Misty, who was walking by. "I mean, that pony-tail on the side thing is just sad."

Misty sneered because she knew she was being talked about, and glared at Jessibelle, who just scoffed back at her.

James laughed as he came up to Jessibelle and kissed her on the cheek.

"Still got that endless charm, haven't you Belle?"

"Of course!" she smiled innocently at him.

James had known Jessibelle all his life. Their families had always been friends because their fathers were both rich lawyers. Belle didn't waste a second showing off that she was rich, beautiful, smart and talented. She beamed as a girl walked by holding a magazine with her on the front cover. James, on the other hand was more shy about his richness. He never bragged about it, and associated with all types of people, whether they were rich, poor, smart or dumb.

"God, I can't stand that stupid bitch already!" Meilin stated as she stalked up to them.

"Which one, Mei?" Belle asked. "There are far too many around here to be able to generalise like that".

Meilin laughed. "True. But I was talking about Avalon."

"Sakura?" James asked.

"Yeah. She totally knocked into me as I was walking in, and my brand new Prada backpack fell on the ground in a puddle of mud!" she declared as she held up her mud-stained bag.

"Bitch!" Jessibelle cried. "Did you pull her hair or something?"

"Nah, her brother was watching."

"Tori? He still walks her to school? What a damn woos!" Belle crossed her arms.

"Oh, leave her alone guys, it was probably an accident anyway", James said, and walked of quietly.

Jessibelle stared after him. "What's with him?"

"PMT?" Meilin questioned.

Jessibelle burst into laughter.

Jessie met Duplica and Ritchie at the class boards. They turned around excitedly and announced that they were all in the same homeroom class. Jessie almost smiled. "That's great."

Duplica looked questioningly at Jessie for a moment, but then smiled. "So, ya nervous?"

Jessie shrugged. "Whatever, I don't really care."

Frowning, Duplica stepped forward. "Jess, this is our final year! You have to care. This is the foundation for the rest of your life."

"Oh, shut up Duplica, you sound like Ami"

"Girls, don't fight, it's the first day of school!" Ritchie interjected.

Tracey approached them at that moment. "Hey guys, what's up?"

"The sky", Jessie said sarcastically as she stalked off.

"Well, then, hello to you too Jess", Tracey said.

"Seems to be getting like that lately", Ritchie replied.

Duplica looked towards Jessie's tensed up figure worriedly. 'Jess… You can't stuff this one up…' she thought.

Trowa stared at the classroom list…not that he cared about who was in his homeroom class. Not that he cared about anything at all. He just wanted to dig a hole and bury himself in it. Trowa suddenly shuddered, remembering his father's words: "You'll finish school and go to University or you'll regret it, boy. I swear you'll regret it!" What choice did he have? It was either do it, or… Trowa closed his eyes tightly, blocking his mind from one of 'those' thoughts. School was his agenda now, nothing else. He couldn't worry about that right now.

'They don't even care what I want. They don't care that school's not for me. This isn't where I belong… What's the point of doing all this if I have nobody to do it for?' Jessie thought to herself as she walked down the main corridor of the school.

"Running away again, Jess?" Cassidy remarked as she watched Jessie with a smirk.

Jessie stopped dead in her tracks. "You taught me how", Jessie retorted. "We have been friends for an awfully long time. It's only human nature that I'd pick up some of your personality traits." The look on Jessie's face remained bitchy and stuck-up while she was around Cassidy, just to show her that she was on top of her life, as always, while usually it meant she was at the lowest of the bottom.

Jessie and Cassidy had been best friends since they were babies, but in the past few months, their friendship has begun to fail and the competition between them, consequently, has begun to rise.

Cassidy rolled her eyes at Jessie's remark. "Whatever. So guess what!"

"What?" Jessie asked in a much less than enthusiastic tone.

"I got promoted the other day! Now I'm a supervisor! Isn't that great?!"

Jessie raised one eyebrow. "Yeah, that's fab."

Cassidy just LOVED to brag about her job at Youthworks - the hottest clothing and accessory store around. Especially so, because Jessie is stuck frying hamburgers in a mass of oil at McDonalds.

Cass put a hand on Jessie's shoulder. "Well, don't worry Jess! I'm sure you'll find a better job soon." Then, with an innocent look, she added, "That is, if ANYBODY wants you."

Jessie's face snapped up in anger, and Cassidy walked away happily, content that she'd achieved her daily task of pissing Jessie off.

Li had overheard Jessie and Cassidy's conversation and rolled his eyes. 'They fight over the dumbest things', he thought to himself as he walked into his new classroom - 12 Blue. He was always the first person to get to class in the mornings. It gave him a chance to have a little break before he got settled into the day's work. He didn't know who was in his class yet. Not that he really cared anyway. It wasn't a social life he was concerned about, it was his future. As soon as he got out of school he could travel the world, studying all sorts of different cultures and places. Li didn't see the need to waste time on people.

Misty walked across the school to the class boards with her head down. She wasn't in the mood for anything remotely to do with school or work at the moment. Not after everything that was going on, anyway. She realised that she should try to hide her emotions from leaking out, otherwise people would ask her what was wrong, but she just didn't seem to care. The world was out to get her, or so it seemed. Misty looked up and saw that Ash was walking away from Destinee and Serena, who were laughing as always with Mina and Lita, and towards her. She found herself stopping without a reason, and just staring ahead.

"Hey Misty!" Ash announced as he bounded up to her, full of energy.

Misty snapped out of her 'trance' and said a quiet hello to Ash. Straight away, Ash knew something was wrong. Misty's eyes were clouded with emotion and didn't hold their usual sparkle of energy. Ash narrowed his own eyes worriedly.

"Mist? What's wrong?"

"What? Nothing's wrong? Why would anything be wrong?" Misty said, the speed in her voice quickening.

"Are you sure?" Ash asked slowly.

Misty rolled her eyes. "Yes, Ash, I'm sure, and even if there was something wrong, I'd be able to deal with it", she said a bit too loudly, and turned on her heel and walked away quickly.

"But… Misty…?" he said to the air. Ash became increasingly worried. 'Something must be so wrong… I gotta find out what it is.'

"I swear! He looked just like my old boyfriend!" Lita told Serena, Destinee and Mina, who almost fell over in sarcasm at her comment.

"Oh, Lita", Destinee said as she wiped her bright blue-green eyes, which were filled with tears of laughter.

"Hi guys!" Sakura announced as she bounded up to the group.

"Sakura!" they all screamed as they said enthusiastic hello's.

"Hey, you're on time", Serena commented.

"Yeah, you too", Sakura said, bursting into laughter.

Serena started laughing aswell, setting everyone back off into laughter.

"Yo!" everyone heard as they all whipped around to see who was calling out. Sure enough, Duo was standing tall, a big grin on his face. "Hiya ladies! How's it goin?!"

"Duo!" Destinee called, and ran to him, throwing his arms around him. "What's shakin?"

"My…"

"And DON'T say your ass!"

"…Ahhh, hahahaha! Nothing much, hehehe!"

Everyone laughed as Duo filled them in with what mischief he'd got up to on his holidays, including egging various people's houses and putting grease on the big slide at the park, and then watching the little kids slide down just a little too fast. Everyone was rolling on the floor, laughing so much they were crying. But through her laughter, Destinee noticed Ash standing by himself, with Misty almost running away in the opposite direction. Ash turned away with a sad and worried look on his face, and made his way to the corridors and to his classroom.

"Hey, I'll see you guys later, ok? I've got something I have to take care of", Destinee said, waving and walking away. She jogged in the same direction Ash had been walking in, and when she came up close enough to him, she called out his name. Ash turned and smiled.

"Hey Dest, what's up?"

"I was about to ask you the same question. What's wrong with Misty?" she asked worriedly.

Ash looked down at the ground. "I don't know. I just walked up to her and said hello and she wasn't acting like herself. So I asked her what was wrong and she said nothing, but got mad at me. It was really weird."

"Wow… She wouldn't tell you anything?"

"No…"

"Hmm…" Destinee pondered to herself. She looked up again and saw that Ash was really taking it hard. His eyes were full of worry and uncertainty.

Destinee smiled and patted Ash on the shoulder. "Don't worry, Ash. I'll have a talk to her, ok? I've known Misty since I was little, I'm sure she'll tell me. It'll be ok. She's probably just nervous about this year."

Ash smiled a little. "Yeah… You're probably right. Thanks Dest!"

Destinee winked. "That's what friends are for!" She gave Ash a smile and walked across the yard and into the corridor where their new classroom was.

Sure enough, Misty was standing at her locker, forcing her books and bag into it roughly. Destinee narrowed her eyebrows in worry and walked slowly over to her friend. "Hey Misty!" she said brightly.

Misty glanced at Destinee, and then turned her attention back to her locker. "Hi Dest", she said in a low monotone.

There was an uncomfortable silence for a few moments, until Destinee spoke again. "So…are you nervous about this year?" she asked, hoping that her theory would be proven right.

"A little", Misty answered simply. Destinee lowered her head. Misty shut her locker door with a little too much force, making sure that most people in the corridor heard and looked her way. Misty went red.

"Look, Destinee, do you need something or what?"

Destinee was taken aback. "No… Do I have to have a reason to talk to my best friend?"

Misty growled. "Whatever. Just stay out of my business, ok?" she yelled, her already angry eyes turning furious.

Destinee was shocked. "O…ok… Sorry Misty…" she stuttered. Misty rolled her eyes and stalked away.

Tears came to Destinee's eyes as she watched Misty walk away, and then heard a large crash, signifying that Misty's locker door had fallen open and spewed out all of its contents. Destinee let out a large, worried sigh and picked up the books, placing them back into the locker gently.

"Gary! I told you to get lost! I don't wanna go out with you!" Raye yelled, pushing past an anxious Gary.

"But Raye… I think you're really hot! C'mon. It's only a date."

"Well, actually, my grandpa doesn't let me date. He said he won't until I'm out of school."

Gary looked beaten. "Oh…ok then… Maybe some other time…" he said as he walked away, disappointed.

Madison looked on from her position, about 3 metres away from Gary and Raye, and laughed as Raye came walking over, her face red with anger.

"He's still at it?" Madison asked.

Raye growled. "Yeah. I wish he'd just take no for an answer!"

"You should give him a chance. It's obvious that he really likes you."

"Ew, no way. Not Gary! He's a self-centered, egotistical pig!"

"But maybe he's different when he's not around his friends", Madison wondered as they began walking to their classroom.

"I doubt it. But anyway, I've been meaning to ask you. Are you gonna be in the year 12 band this year, with Dest, Mina and I?"

"Hmm, I've been thinking about it, but I'm not sure. I'm already in the senior school choir and I think it might be too much."

"Yeah, you've got a point. But if you want to be, you're always welcome, ok?"

"Got it. Thanks Raye!"

Heero's face rarely moved from its cold, dark expression. In fact, neither did his voice, eyes or personality. He didn't really have any friends, but he didn't appear to care one bit. Heero's dream was to complete year 12 and enrol himself in the Army. It was his only goal, his only drive. And everyone knew he would do it. Heero turned sharply as he heard his name being called.

"Heero, how are you?" Relena asked politely. Relena was known for being one of the few people who were game enough to talk to Heero.

"What do you want?" he replied.

Relena hated it when people answered questions with questions. But she smiled, nonetheless. "Aren't I allowed to say hello to you?"

Heero rolled his eyes, but didn't reply.

"I just wanted to wish you good luck with this year", Relena stated.

Again, Heero did not reply, but was overall surprised at Relena's effort to keep up a conversation with him.

"Well, have a nice day, Heero" Relena said, before turning and walking away, her long, blonde hair trailing behind her in the breeze. Heero narrowed his eyes at her as he watched her walk away.

Gohan walked through the gates of his school. He was a little late - the bell was about to go - but he had an excuse. His little brother Goten didn't want him to come back to school, because he'd loved having him around throughout the holidays. His mother, ChiChi, had to pry the little kid off of Gohan's arm. His poor mother. She had to put up with so much, and it was so hard without his father around. Gohan sighed. He glanced around to try and spot his friends. He saw Darien and Captra chatting with Ami, and walked over to them.

"Hey guys, what's up?" Gohan asked.

"Hi Gohan!" Ami said.

"Hey, dude", Darien replied.

"Hello, Gohan", Captra said warmly.

"We were just talking about what we think our first topic will be in advanced statistical and theoretical physics", Ami explained.

Gohan laughed, putting his hand behind his head. "I think I'll cross that bridge when I come to it."

"Yeah", Captra agreed. "Same with me."

Suddenly, they heard a female voice call out "NERDS!" as she walked past them. They turned around to see Jessibelle smirking at them, posed as if she were trying out for a modelling competition.

Gohan rolled his eyes, Captra laughed and Ami raised an eyebrow. Darien chuckled softly at her, and then let his chuckle evolve into laughter.

"What's so funny?" Belle looked annoyed.

"Well, it's just that you say that, but I don't think we'll be seeing you in a newspaper, featured in an article about world famous doctors, scientists and engineers. You can hardly say something like that, Belle."

Belle rolled her eyes. "Duh", she said, flicking her hair. "I'll be on the cover of all the fashion and news magazines, and featured in articles about the most beautiful people in the world."

"Right. Sorry. Silly me, they can hardly compare."

"That's right!" Belle chirped, giving a huge smile. With another flick of her hair, she walked away.

Darien laughed again. "Hey, she's even more of a ditz than Serena!"

Gohan, Captra and Ami burst into laughter.

Brock glanced at his watch. The bell was going to go in about 1 minute. Sighing, he made his way to the classroom allocated on the class lists. Brock felt lonely. Sure, he's a great person - smart, great with kids and housework, a great cook, and he had so many other traits that people, mostly girls, should notice. 'So why don't they?' he asked himself.

At that moment, the bell went to signify that class was about to begin, and all students should make their way quickly to their classrooms.

To be continued…

So… What's up with the senior students at Crossroads High? It doesn't look like it's going to be a year of current happiness, and I don't just mean because of school. What's wrong with Misty? What secrets lie under Trowa's dark personality? Who is the new student? Will Gary get to go out with Raye? Why is James so touchy? What's with Heero's attitude to Relena? And who will be the school leaders of 2003?

All of these questions and more will be answered in chapter 2 of Best Days of Our Lives!

I apologise for any spelling or grammatical errors! >_<

Ciao! Luv Sarah.

"Dream as long as you know it's not impossible to make it a reality"