Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Spirit Powers Awakened ❯ Genkai's Tournament ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Chapter Two: Genkai's Tournament

Pan arrived home that afternoon and saw an elderly looking woman sitting in her living room she quickly put her stuff up and came out to meet the woman.

"Hello Miss, I'm Pan Son, it's a pleasure to meet you, um..."

"Genkai, and its nice to see that some youngsters still have manners. So you are the one King Yahma asked me to train so can control and manipulate your Spirit Energy, eh."

"Yes, ma'am, I must say that looks are definitely deceiving with you, I can sense a great power within you. It must have taken great dedication to become so strong."

"I'm impressed and pleased at the same time, a rare occurrence. Yes, I'll train you, not just because you have great potential, but you know to respect your elders. I understand that your parents don't wish for you to miss school, so everyday after school come to my shrine and we will train in controlling your Spirit Energy. Also if you are able to do this and keep good grades in your schooling I will give you days off."

"Thank you ma'am, but as you may or may not know, my saiyin side won't allow that. We train to our full potential and beyond no matter the circumstances. Its in our blood, it comes natural to us with saiyin blood. You would make a nice saiyin Master Genkai, if I do say so myself."

"Thank you Pan, but don't expect me to go easy on you. I'm going to train you hard and I won't stop just because you feel that you can't hack it anymore."

"I wouldn't have it any other way ma'am. I've only got a couple of questions my parents and I feel we need to ask."

"Alright, but nothing about age."

"First is do you know how to use ki energy?"

"No, I've never heard of ki energy before. Tell me what is it and what can it do?"

"Well ki energy is basically your life energy, except we can manipulate it and use it to attack or possibly heal people. Saiyins are born with strong ki, but have to train to learn how to control and manipulate it. My grandfather always loved a good fight and at an early age, with only the basic martial arts taught to him, he learned how to perform some of the most difficult ki manipulation techniques. He could create after images of himself and he could mask his ki, making it incredibly hard to find him. But the greatest accomplishment was mastering a technique in one try, while it took the creator fifty years to master."

"Very interesting, you have refreshed my memory and you seem to know quite a lot about ki manipulation. Tell me what was this move called?"

"Oh that's easy; it was the Kameya Meya Wave. Let's see how many people know how to do that move, there's Master Roshi, Great -Great Grandpa Gohan, Yamcha, Krillin, Grandpa Goku, daddy, myself and a villain called Cell. Though he was made up of all the greatest fighters DNA and some villains as well."

"You knew the Turtle Hermit Roshi?"

"Yeah, but I never trained under him, he was too perverted. I trained under Grandpa Goku, daddy, and Mr. Piccolo."

"You knew the Evil King Piccolo?"

"Sort of, this was the original Piccolo's son. He and Grandpa Goku fought a few times, but Grandpa Goku always won. Then he refused with Kami and became really strong, he even helped protect the earth several times and he helped train my father."

"Yes I realized you were from a thousand years ago, but I never would have thought you would know some of the most revered and feared beings on the planet. So I know about you and your father for the most part, what is your mother like?"

"Oh she's real nice and a good cook. She trained under my father before they started dating or even married. You know it's ironic that Grandpa supposedly saved the world from Cell and yet believed that flying, ki blasts, and super speed were all just tricks at the time, but he eventually saw the light and realized they weren't tricks. But he never told the public that and Mr. Buu was real nice, though all he really ate were sweats."

"I see so your mother is the daughter of the idiot known as Hercule Star."

"Yeah, but he is really a nice guy and caring for his family and in-laws. Though his in-laws was probably more out of fear and respect, not to mention Grandma Chi-Chi's frying pan of doom. Now that every saiyin feared, no matter how strong we are, that is the one thing that kept us all in line. By the way Master Genkai, would you mind not telling anybody about this?"

"Of course, well it's getting late and I best be on my way. It was nice meeting with you Pan, I'll be seeing you tomorrow, and I'm going to test your strength."

The Next Day

"Stupid Botan didn't tell me there would be a long stairway. Well it'll be worth it when I go to Tokyo Battle Dome."

He finally reached the last stair and saw a whole court yard full of people. He looked around and saw tons of people.

"Urameshi!"

"Kuwabara what are you doing here?"

"I came here to get my tingly feeling turned way down. What about you Urameshi?"

"I have my reasons unlike some people."

"Quite Master Genkai is coming."

Genkai opened her screen door and looked over the crowd. She was taking in the number of people there and wasn't surprised too much when she saw the number of people.

"Alright, everyone, your first of the screening tests will be... the drawing of luck. If you draw a red slip then congratulations you have passed the first of your screening tests."

Everyone fell down anime style and then walked up and drew a piece of paper and waited for instructions. After a few minutes of her looking over the crowd, she spotted Pan in the tree and then she gave them permission to open the small envelopes.

"Oh lucky me. You drew a red one too! Didn't mean too."

"Alright you red papers follow me and the rest of you scram!"

She was thinking to herself when she was interrupted by two big idiots.

"You can't turn us away with a piece of paper! We're the strongest of the Tenom Village."

"If you were ready for my training why didn't your paper turn red?"

They then attempted to attack Genkai and she blew them away with the Spirit Wave. Everyone who didn't have a red paper then began leaving and all the red papers followed her inside.

"Now you will be using the punching machine, the karaoke machine, and the janken machine, everything else is off limits and are just for me."

"Stand back me and this game are old friends."

The goof hit the machine and got the low score.

"I don't understand; I always get the high score in my parent's pool house."

"Well this isn't your parents pool house, it doesn't matter how strong you are if you don't have Spirit Energy with it."

"I'll give it a shot, hiya! Look at that Urameshi 127!"

"It must be broken, let me give it a shot. Hiya, well I guess I was wrong, it works fine."

'Interesting, those boys seem to be quite strong and have great potential for growth.'

She watched the others as they each did well in certain areas, but at least half of them probably wouldn't make it past this area.

"Whoa, that little girl just totaled the punching machine!"

She looked over and saw Pan with the famous Son grin on her face. She had watched Pan at the Karaoke machine and get a high score. She then watched as she found that her score for the machine before it completely blew was 290. She even watched with fascination as she beat the janken machine with amazing speed and skill. She waited until only twenty one of them were left.

"Alright now this is the forbidden forest, it is as old as man itself, it has become home to many youkai over time. Use your spirit awareness to find the shortest route and I'll see you on the other side. Best of luck to you all."

Yusuke went the straight path while the others used their spirit awareness to try and find the shortest path. Pan however just stood there and was meditating on the forest, when she opened her eyes she could clearly see the shortest and quickest path through the forest.

Yusuke

"I kept telling everyone that this would be the fastest route, not exactly a beaten path, but oh well."

Then something flew by him and cut him on the cheek. (Guess who!)

"A human boy has wandered into Baldock's territory. Baldock shall enjoy feasting upon poor human boy."

(I don't remember all of Baldock's dialogue so I'm going to make some up. I'll come back for revisions later.)

Yusuke stood there with his arms crossed over his chest and part of his face and then he suddenly jumped into the air apparently disappearing.

"Uh, where did human boy go? Ah! Impossible Baldock is too fast for human boy!"

"Yeah I'll admit your fast, but that's all you got going for you. It must have taken me about a half hour to memorize your stupid attack pattern and I happen to be under a time limit!"

"Baldock is sorry."

"And I hate the way you talk!"

"Aaaahhhh!" (Bet you can't guess who that was.)

Yusuke came jogging up the hill yelling for them to wait and he noticed the Pan girl was up in the tree.

"You know suddenly I'm reminded of a fortune cookie that said the straight way his not always the fastest."

"You couldn't have gone straight through the forest! You would have faced a terrible man-bat in there!"

"Oh you mean Baldock? Yeah he was fast, but not nearly as fast as Hiei. Ha, ha, ha, ha!'

Flashback to Baldock

Baldock his groaning and being held to the tree by his torn wings.

End Flashback to Baldock

"Urameshi, you went over the time limit!"

"Oh man, I did?"

"Yes, but this time I think I will make an exception."

They started walking towards a huge building and when they entered, it was completely dark in there. After a few complaints from Yusuke and Kuwabara, the light came on.

"Now since there are nine of you, only one of you will be lucky enough to go to the finals free. If you draw a straw marked with blue on it then congratulations you get to skip the semi-finals. Now draw!"

The Hit-man drew first and got one marked with one nick in it. Then the karate man drew and got one with eight nicks in it. The Asian looking dude drew a stick and got one with three nicks in it. The midget dude drew one and it had four nicks in it. The Ninja drew one and got one with two nicks in it. The wooden sword dude drew one with five nicks in it and Kuwabara one with six nicks in it. Yusuke drew and got one with seven nicks in it and Pan drew the one marked with blue.

(All matches so far go exactly as they did in the TV show and I'm not going to bother writing them out, because I'm feeling lazy! If you want to know what happened go to the official web site or find a summary guide on it! Now the finals are going to go the same with only a minor difference in who watches the matches.)

After the semi-finals were over they went out to a clearing that was strong in Spirit Energy.

Yusuke and the Ninja fought, with Yusuke being the victor and then Kuwabara and the midget dude fought and Kuwabara lost. Next up was Yusuke versus the midget dude. When the match was finally over Yusuke was the victor. Yusuke was stuck staying there to recuperate and then start his training.

(Now I know that they never showed his training, but I'm going to have a few chapters dealing with the training as a side story, eventually.)