Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ DIGIBALL Z: Here comes Friezamon. ❯ Finding Courage ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER EIGHT
 
In his bed… Gennai struggled to keep his eyes open.
 
“Popomon.” he said weakly, “I am deeply concerned about the Digi Force.”
 
“Please, Master…” said Popomon. “Save your strength. You need to rest.” But Gennai seemed far too worried to rest yet.
 
“His vital signs don't look so good.” said Joe. “I just hope they hurry up before its too late.”
 
This really made everyone feel deeply concerned. Matt and Tai, especially. Both their siblings were down their facing the toughest courses in all their adventures, and time was really against them all.
 
“Don't look so glum, chums.” said Agumon. “They'll be alright.”
 
“Yeah… Kari has Davis too look after her, and TK's very skilled fighter.” added Gabbumon.
 
Tai and Matt knew they were right. “Still… that doesn't mean it's not okay for us to worry.” Tai said. “Kari may be strong, but its hard for me to accept the fact that she was once my little sister whom could barely take care of herself.”
 
“Ditto.” Matt said. “I mean… TK and I hardly saw each other since the rents split up, and we never spent so much time together until we came to the Digital world. I just feel so bummed that I can't be down there to help them fight.”
 
Everyone else felt the same way… they wondered how it was going down there.
 
Meanwhile
 
Davis softly opened his eyes, when he felt someone dabbing his face with a wet cloth. He winced and gasped a bit, and then he could see the Gekomon. “Where… am I?” he asked still all groggy.
 
“Shh-Shh… take it easy.” Gekomon said. “You all took a mighty big plunge.”
 
Ex-Veemon was wide awake, and still sitting near Angewomon. “Are going to be okay, babe?” he asked.
 
His girlfriend nodded. “I will be all right, Ex-Veemon.” she said. “Ooh… but my wing hurts very much. It's hard to move it.”
 
Davis lay back, and he could see all the others and the Digimon. They all we're barley awake, but they were going to be okay. “Now I remember…” Davis said. “You guys opened some heavy-duty bombarding at us.”
 
Yolei, though weak, she still looked pretty ticked off. “You guys better have a good excuse before my strength comes back and I tear you limb from limb.” she grunted.
 
The Gekomon and the Otamamon quivered in fear. “Please forgive us!” they cried. “We assumed you were Lord-Friezamon's soldiers, come to attack us.” They bowed down to them whimpering and begging for forgiveness.
 
“Calm down, you guys… we forgive you.” Kari said calmly.
 
“We do?” Yolei said, then she realized that the Gekomon didn't know who they were, and they were just trying to defend their village. Besides, they did get shot down, but they were all right… barely.
 
“We promise to treat all your wounds and injuries.” Gekomon said.
 
“That's very kind of you, but that won't be necessary.” Ken said, and when the Gekomon looked at him they saw that his injuries had already healed as if he was never injured at all.
 
“Amazing.” they cried as they watched Ken use his Piccolo-Regeneration skills to heal everyone, Even Angewomon's sore wing.
 
“Ahh… thank you, Ken. That feels much better.”
 
Ken smiled.
 
Soon they were all brought before Shogungekomon, where he too extended his apologies, and offered them all what had to be the largest feast they ever saw. They simply just gorged it all down… they even ate more than Shogungekomon himself could ever eat.
 
Nevertheless, he was still just as reasonable as ever… “Well, from what you tell me… then our suspicions are indeed accurate.” he said. “Lord-Friezamon really has returned.”
 
The other nodded. “He's already put Gennai in grave danger, and unless we can stop him, we're all doomed.” said Angemon.
 
“Which reminds us why we have come.” said Cody. “You guys wouldn't happen to be hiding a Digiball anywhere, would you?”
 
Shogungekomon nodded. “Yes, as mater of fact we are.” Then he removed a floorboard from below his seat and pulled up from a secret compartment, the Digiball of Courage. It glowed with its mystical light to everyone's awe.
 
Shogungekomon explained that it just flew down from the sky, “And disturbed me while I was taking a good nap, I may add.”
 
He went on to say that they had been keeping the Digiball hidden within the village to help give them courage, and strength to stand up to their enemies. So far if hadn't been working as they just kept panicking every time.
 
“Look… I don't know how to tell you this…” Davis said, “But you guys can't keep that Digiball here in your village.”
 
“Oh, and just why not?” asked the Gekomon. “This item is they key to helping us find our courage to use in combat against our enemies.”
 
TK shook his head. “No, you guys don't need it… and you still can't keep it.”
 
The team explained to them of how Friezamon was also hunting for the Digiballs, and that if he were to get a hold of all eight of them, he would use their powers to become invincible.
 
“For all we know, he could be on his way here as we speak, looking for that ball.” Stingmon said. “Then he would stop at nothing until he found it.”
 
This really did worry Shogungekomon and his subjects. “I see… well, if it will really cause us that much trouble, then I believe we can part with it.” he said, but the Gekomon were against the idea.
 
“But, Sire… if we give up the Digiball, where will we turn to if we seek courage?”
 
Davis stepped forward. “You can turn to yourselves.” He told them. The Gekomon didn't understand where he was getting at.
 
Davis explained to them how he knew a lot about courage. “It comes from inside you… not from within objects.”
 
“It's that little spark of power we have that allows us to stand up to our fears, and face our enemies, even if we're alone, or outmatched.”
 
He explained to them that the reason he Digital world was still standing today was because even when the others wanted to back down and regroup, Davis always continued to press forward.
 
Even though many found him to be crazy, foolish, and only winning by dumb luck… that didn't change anything. “Ex-Veemon and I won, because we weren't afraid to back down.”
 
Ex-Veemon nodded. “Davis' courage even helped me to Digivolve, and become as strong as I am today, and that's the way I like to go. Save the world, or die trying.”
 
The Gekomon thought those words were very honest, and filled with honor and such power.
 
“So remember guys… if you find your courage, then there won't be anything you can't accomplish. It may even help you help others too.”
 
The others all smiled. “That's our Davis.” TK said.
 
“Obnoxious… but right.” Kari added.
 
Davis smirked. “Hey. I can't help it. It's what I do.”