Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ DIGIBALL Z: Here comes Friezamon. ❯ Two Battles; One Prize ( Chapter 9 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINE
 
The Digiball of courage was placed in a small sack, and Cody strapped it to his belt, but suddenly, the ground gave a huge jolt as if something had just touched down outside with a crash!
 
Davis' head perked up. “Whoa! Anyone feel that?”
 
Everyone else nodded, a huge power level was somewhere in the village, it was obviously one of Friezamon's henchmen. “We can't let him take the Digiball.” Cody said.
 
“Right.” Davis replied. “Cody, I want you and Armadillamon, to sneak out the back way, and make it up to Gennai's palace, and TK, you and Angemon go with him in case he needs back up.”
 
“As for us… we'll stay here and try to keep whatever's here, preoccupied long enough for you to escape.”
 
The boys nodded, and Davis' team went back outside to look for the danger. “Where do you think it is?” asked Ex-Veemon.
 
They all searched around, and Yolei's scouter picked up something. “This way.” she cried, and the all followed her towards the center of town. The closer they got, the stronger the power seemed to be.
 
Suddenly, “Hey… look!” cried Angewomon.
 
They could see a whole heard of Gekomon and Otamamon running in a stampede, as if their lives depended on their escape… which it actually did, because right in midst of all the dust they could see something dreadful.
 
A dark figure holding up a Gekomon by the throat. “You tell me where the Digiball is, and I may let you live.” he said deeply, but the Gekomon refused to speak.
 
The dark figure slammed the defenseless Digimon down hard and held out a weapon. “You are as pathetic as the rest!”
 
“PHALAX-MORTIS!!” A small burst of energy shot out from the weapon and vaporized the Gekomon in a n instant. “Hmm, mm, mm!”
 
“Hey, you!” called a voice from behind.
 
The creature turned round and walked out from the dust. “Ahh, the Digi Force.” he said in a deep dark voice. “I was hoping we would meet.”
 
 
Everyone could sense something very weird about this guy, and suddenly it got to them “You!” Kari snapped. “So you're the one who hurt Gennai.”
 
The creature nodded. “Yes… I am Xerxesmon. I am Lord-Firezamon's second in command, and I've been sent here by my master to carry out his orders. So I urge you all, if you treasure your lives, you will step aside and let me pass.”
 
They could tell that he was after the Digiball, but no way they were going to let him have it. They just hoped Cody and TK would succeed in their part of the plan.
 
“You know, as handsome as you may look… you really are big creep.” Yolei said sternly.
 
Xerxesmon just chuckled. “Hmm, mm, mm… that is first time in all these ages, anyone has ever dared insult me.” he drew out his sword. “As honorable as I may be, I also have very sensitive manners, and I will assure you… you shall learn some respect.”
 
He stood in his fighting pose. “Who would like the honor of being the first to go down?”
 
No one responded.
 
“Very well then… I can take on all of you at once.” he charged forward, roaring madly. His sword began to glow, “ENEMAOS-EARTHQUAKE!!”
 
“WATCH OUT!!” Davis shouted. They all scattered, and Xerxesmon's sword hit the ground… as he had intended to begin with. The impact send a huge jolt of shockwaves like ripples on a pond… knocking the team down hard.
 
“Whoa! Even though he missed, he still hit us.” cried Angewomon.
 
“Everyone keep your guard up.” Davis said. “Try to get him into the open.”
 
Yolei went in first, “DESTRUCTO-DISK!!” and she fired, but Xerxesmon just stood where he was until he last moment… then--
 
ZIP!!
 
In a swift flash, his swords was powerful enough to slice the disk of energy in half, and cancel it out. “Child's play.” he grunted, then he lunged straight towards her so fast, Yolei didn't have time to brace herself for the impact.
 
BAM!! Right in the face, and backwards she flew.
 
“Yolei!” cried Ken. His faced seemed to turn into that same angry sneer from his dark-days. “YOU!!” then he went for it himself, taking off in a big rage of fire, and the others joined him… even Yolei who wasn't out of it yet.
 
Meanwhile
 
The Gekomon had been spying on the others. “The battle has begun.” said Number-one. “They have the evil-one well distracted.”
 
Shogungekomon nodded. “Now is just as good as any chance you will have.” he said to the boys as he gestured to the back exit. “Good luck.”
 
The boys nodded, and then took off out the door. “Do you think we can make it before they see us?” Armadillamon asked.
 
“It's really going to be touch and go.” Cody said. “Hey, TK… is anyone following us.”
 
TK looked back down behind. “No, can't see or sense anything.” he said. “I guess we gave them the slip.” And they continued on their flight.
 
With the Digiball in safely in their hands Friezamon would never be able to grasp it… or so they thought!
 
TK's scouter suddenly began to buzz. “Huh? What the--”
 
Cody could sense something too. “What's that up ahead?” he asked as they came to a stop in midair.
 
They couldn't see anything through the thick clouds, but something was defiantly there. “Stay here… I'll check it out.” TK said.
 
“Be careful, TK. It could be a trap.” said Angemon.
 
TK steadily floated forward a bit into the cloud, but he still couldn't see anything. More silence followed, and then…
 
BAM!! A small explosion escaped from the cloud throwing Cody and the two Digimon backwards a bit. “What was that all about?” asked Armadillamon.
 
“Look!” cried Cody. They could see TK and a strange creature floating gently downward towards the ground. “Let's get down there.”
 
They all touched down to confront this creature, who had a sinister look in his eye. “Well, this certainly is a pleasure… though an unexpected one.” He said in a cool yet deep voice.
 
“Just who exactly are you?” TK said. “And what is it you want?”
 
The Digimon smirked. “Hmm… You may call me, Zarbonmon.” He answered. “I am one of Lord-Friezamon's henchmen, and I am onto you and your little scheme to deceive Xerxesmon.”
 
“I must commend you both for your efforts. You nearly actually had us fooled, were it not for my following Xerxesmon where he went… but your plan has failed, for I shall now defeat you, and your companions and take the Digiball.”
 
“Lord-Friezamon will be pleased.”
 
The guys looked confused. Zarbonmon's current power-level only seemed to be up to Cody's level. “Surely you must be bluffing.” Angemon said.
 
Zarbonmon was dead serious. “With or without the help of my comrades, I will take that Digiball from you.” he said. “But I honestly cannot agree on which would be more entertaining. Taking the ball from you, or ramming it down your throat.”
 
It looked as though he was looking for a fight. The guys nodded they have to go for it. “Let's do this!” Cody snapped.
 
Zarbonmon chuckled. “Hmm, mm, mm… it's your funeral.” he said.
 
Two huge battles were taking place, but only one question was amongst the fighters. Who would be the victor?