Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ DIGIBALL Z: Here comes Friezamon. ❯ When all seems lost ( Chapter 19 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER NINETEEN
 
Everyone got back to the palace… and indeed it was true. Gennai was dead from his rapid aging. So even if the Digiballs were still working, which they were not, they could never wish for him to come back as he died of natural causes.
 
This meant that they also would never be able to undo any of the damages that Friezamon did, or restore any of the lives lost in the war either. To make things even worse, even Popomon had no idea what Friezamon had wished for.
 
Nobody knew quite what to do now. Freizamon was already too strong for any of them to battle, and keeping in mind of what he said. “Next time I will spare no one! Heh, heh, heh.”
 
For now, Izzy and Popomon were scanning the eight stones that were once the Digiballs in hopes there was a least a little power left in them. “Nothing.” Izzy said. “They're completely useless.”
 
TK angrily punched the stone wall with his fist. “GRR!! I can't stand this anymore!” he growled. “I swear, Friezamon will pay for this, even if I have to take my own life with me!”
 
Everyone agreed with him, as they all seemed to be wanting a piece of Friezamon, but with the Digiballs rendered powerless, and Friezamon too much for them to handle, presently.
 
Suddenly, from out of the blue, Ken had an Idea. “Wait a minute.” he said. “We're all overlooking something.” He went on to say that they knew Friezamon was strong now, and rapidly gaining more power. “But, maybe there's some way for us to gain power as well.”
 
Nobody really ever thought of it that way before. “Ken's right.” Wormon said. “We're all increasing our powers every time. Surely there is another way for us to gain strength.”
 
Soon everyone was starting agreed, even Tai and the others. Gennai was dead, and Davis was still out of action, but that didn't give them any reason to stop fighting.
 
Soon they were all standing with pride. They had been facing horrible challenges since they were all little kids, and they had never, EVER lost a battle where they had not emerged victorious, and safe and sound.
 
… and they had no intention of failing this time. Just like Davis would have, they would see it through. They would avenge Gennai, and make Friezamon pay in-full for all the horror he had caused.
 
“Right! Now lets get back in this game, and kick some evil's butt!!” TK shouted, and everyone cheered in agreement. The called “BREAK!!” and began devising up plans.
 
Izzy was to continue trying to work on the Digiballs and figure out a way to get their powers going again. While Tai and his gang were to head to the real world and try to get some dirt on Friezamon.
 
That little sneak was up to something nasty, and they were planning to find out. Thought they were not to engage battle with him; at the first sign of trouble, they just warp back and escape harm with Izzy's instant Digi-port.
 
As for the Digi-Force… well, they already knew that Davis and Veemon's powers would be stronger after the rejuvenation process was complete, but they themselves couldn't use the chambers as they were already healed, and if they tried, it would kill them.
 
So they all were doing extensive research, not just on their own powers, but on the Dragon Ball Z show, as well.
 
Since Davis was the only one of them who used to watch it, they all had to study it as much as they could to find a faster route to increasing their powers.
 
(Refer to the first Digiball fic)
 
Finally, Ken found something…
 
Since Ken had powers similar to the character, Piccolo, that meant he also had a very special, hidden ability that would do the job. He could merge together with someone, or a Digimon, and add their own power to his which would increase his energies up a few levels.
 
“That's great!” Patamon said. “So, who should you fuse with.” but then he noticed Ken was looking a little sad, and low. Wormon slithered up to him and asked. “What's the matter, Ken?”
 
“It's just… it's not that simple.” Ken said. “Izzy, can you please explain to them.”
 
Izzy nodded, and told everyone the awful truth.
 
While it was true that Ken's power were like Piccolo's, they were still far from that of being completely the same. Ken's power of fuse together with someone was far different. Whoever he absorbed, they would never, ever be able to return.
 
“But… that's not fair!” cried Yolei. “We can't just do that to someone. There has to be another way!”
 
Luckily, there was, and it involved Cody.
 
Since he could also become a Super-Saiyan, like Davis, then that meant he could also have the power to exactly what Davis did during the battles with the Band of Seven.
 
(Flashback)
 
(Refer to Digiball Z THE MOVIE)
 
He rose higher and higher into the air and roared loudly. His body glowed in a field of golden light as his muscles became even larger, and his golden hair became even spikier and shinier.
 
Davis's muscles were really big and stiff, that the golden light around him shattered his Saiyan armor, only his pants and boots stayed on. His hair now so unbelievable gold and spiky enough to put all hairstyles out of date.
 
“Hey… this is pretty cool!” he said in his deep slick voice.
 
“No… No it can't be!” cried Bankotsumon. “I studied all your moves, you can't go beyond that power and still be alive!”
 
Davis just gave a small, “HA! You may now a lot about Digi destined, Bankotsumon, but you still have a lot to learn about Saiyans!”
 
“You've seen me in my normal state, and you've seen me in my Super Saiyan state.”
He cast a smile to all his friends, and they all smiled back. “Remember what I said about trust in your power, and your friends…?”
 
“Well, too bad… or you would know that their combined powers with mine allowed me to exceed past the point of Super Saiyan, and become a… SUPER SAIYAN 2!”
 
(End of Flashback)
 
“Of course.” Aramdillamon said. “If Cody can exceed beyond his Super-Saiyan form, then he'll become twice as strong. YEE-HA!!”
 
Everyone agreed that would be their course to take, all except for Cody that is. “Guys, I hate to sound discouraging, but I don't think it'll work.” he said.
 
“What makes you say that?” asked Joe.
 
Cody sighed softly. To become a Super-Saiyan 2 he would have to push his powers beyond their present built-in limitations, and the only way to do that was focus all his rage at once.
 
“So, that shouldn't be too hard for you.” Tai said, being cocky. “You're usually pretty steamed up and focused.”
 
“Tai!” snapped Kari. “That's not helping.”
 
Joe walked up to Cody. “Cody, you don't like it when you get angry, do you?” he asked.
 
Cody sadly shook his head. “No, I hate it when I get mad.” He curled hills knees up to the his chest and quivered. “I never liked getting angry, or when anyone else gets angry. When I'm mad, I feel as if I lose control of my words and actions, I worry that I may hurt someone whom I care about.”
 
Even could understand how Cody felt. There had never been at least a few occurrences when anger and harried made a mess of everything in their lives.
 
“But Cody… think of it this way.” Joe said. “We're doing this for the people we care about.”
 
“He's right, Cody.” added Sora. “The sooner we get rid of Friezamon, the sooner we can work on the Digiballs and get everything back to normal.”
 
“But we need your help.” said Matt. “So what do you say?”
 
Everyone all nodded in Cody's direction, the Digimon too. Cody realized there was no other way, and this was indeed for everyone he loved and cared about. He stood up tall and proud and said “I'll do it!”
 
Everyone smiled, and some gave him high-fives. Watch out Friezamon! We're coming for you now.”