Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ DIGIBALL Z: Here comes Friezamon. ❯ Dodoriamon's Last Stand ( Chapter 21 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

CHAPTER TWENTY-ONE
 
 
The others had touched down at last. “Okay guys, this is it.” TK said. “There's no turning away now, either we save the world or die trying.”
 
Everyone nodded in agreement, and they all moved forward towards the foot of the tower. “Eww… talk about being a lousy architect.” cried Yolei. “That is the ugliest building I've ever seen.”
 
“And to think that he made it after shredding the city to bits.” added Kari.
 
“Focus, guys!” TK said. “We'll deal with the city later, right now, we have work to do.”
 
Nobody really argued with TK this time, in fact they were impressed that he was actually not doing a half bad job commanding the team in Davis' absence.
 
“FRIEZAMON!!” TK yelled out to the tower. “We're here! Show yourself!” Friezamon didn't appear, but Dodoriamon came out to greet them.
 
“Well, well, well.”
 
“I can surely tell.”
 
“You humans and creatures never learn.”
 
“By playing with fire, you're sure to burn.”
 
The others all stepped forward, all of them, especially Yolei looked really angry. “I've had just about enough of your ugly face, and your dull-headed rhyming!” she spat.
 
“We've had it with you and your crooked master, Dodoriamon.” snapped Thormon. “Now we shall crush you forever!”
 
Dodoriamon just sniggered.
 
“Fat chance of that.”
 
“You ungrateful rat! “DODORIA HYPER-BEAM!!”
 
He fired his blast at the others, and they all scattered around to dodge it, and right before he could rush into battle, Xerxesmon appeared. “Dodoriamon, stop!” he cried.
 
“Get out of my way, Xerxesmon.”
 
“The Digi Force and I are about to get it on.”
 
Xerxesmon tried all he could to stop his friend, “Dodoriamon, no. Lord-Friezamon is only using you.” but Dodoriamon didn't believe him.
 
“The Master said he favored me.”
 
“And carrying out his wishes, I'll do with glee.”
 
“Hey, boys? Think fast!” Hornetmon called. “POISON STINGERS!!” and he fired his explosive sting-shots toward the two foes shrouding them in small explosions and causing them to fly in different directions.
 
“WHAA!!”
 
“OHH!!”
 
Xerxesmon crashed onto a pile of bricks, and when he looked up he saw the Digi Force and their Digimon jumping all over and attacking Dodoriamon in a great big huddle.
 
“Dodoriamon!”
 
From up inside the tower, Friezamon was observing the battle from a perfect view. “Yes. They are right where we want them.” he sniggered. “Xerxesmon, destroy them now!”
 
“What?!” Xerxesmon looked towards his targets. “I can't. Dodoriamon will be destroyed too if I fire now.”
 
“Do as you're told!” growled Friezamon.
 
Xerxesmon clenched his fists tightly. “No! I will not!” he barked back. “He is my comrade. My partner. We are not pawns in your twisted game.”
 
Friezamon's patients had expired. “Oh… but you are.” he said. “And… if you won't do as you're told, then I will just have to make you! HA!!” he began to use his telekinetic powers and force Xerxesmon to pull out his sword.
 
“Huh?” Xerxesmon then realized he was aiming his sword straight at the others, and he was powering up against his will. “No! Dodoriamon… Dodoriamon, look out!” he called, but Dodoriamon and the others were to busy to notice anything.
 
Friezamon kept his focus up. “Destroy them! Destroy them now!!” he shouted.
 
Xerxesmon tried all he could to resist, but it was no use. “Ugh! Uhn! Dodoriamon… get out of the way! I can't stop him!!”
 
Dodoriamon finally shook the others off of him, and that was right when Friezamon called out. “FIRE!!”
 
“NO!!” Xerxesmon cried as his sword fired a huge blast towards the others. “Ah?!” he looked up just in time to see Dodoriamon get blasted full force, and all the others were knocked off their feet.
 
When the dust had settled, The Digi force all struggled to their feet, but Dodoriamon lay on the ground with his robotic-body badly damaged, and sparkling with electric-currents. Xerxesmon ran over to his fallen comrade. “No… No! Dodoriamon, are you all right?”
 
Dodoriamon coughed and spoke wearily…
 
“The end is… near I can see.”
 
“But why… would our master do this… to me?”
 
“He has no heart.” said Xerxesmon.
 
Dodoriamon's breathing and his voice were fainter.
 
“But… all I ever wanted was to serve him faithfully.”
“I may not have been the best of his minions you'd see.”
“Still… none had ever shown more… loyalty.”
“Now it seems it was all a… big waste.”
“I have lost because I could not control my haste.”
“It is to late for me… I am as good as gone.”
“But it is not too late for you… Xerxesmon.”
 
Xerxesmon held Dodoriamon's hand. “Please old friend… conserve your strength. You must hold on!”
 
A small tear fell from Dodoriamon's eye before both his eyes snapped shut, and his arm fell flat on the ground.
 
“My end… is nigh.”
“I bid you… Good… Bye. Uhn!”
 
Xerxesmon couldn't believe it as Dodoriamon's body began to explode in into Digital data that would never be revived again. “Dodoriamon!! NOOOOO!!!”
 
The others saw the whole thing, and they couldn't believe what they just saw. “Awe, man… he's gone!” cried TK.
 
Xerxesmon touched the pendant around his neck and gripped his sword tightly. “Goodbye, Dodoriamon. My friend… I swear… if it is the last thing I ever do, I shall avenge your destruction!!”
 
He turned to face the tower whereas Friezamon was laughing wickedly. He poised his sword in the air and shouted out to him, “Lord-Friezamon, I curse your name! I will never again lift a finger for you! I am no longer your warrior.”
 
Friezamon however wasn't up to taking this. “You cannot walk away from me.” he snarled. “You are mine, and mine alone, forever!”
 
“What?!”
 
“Dodoriamon may be gone, but you still have powers that are useful to me… and like it or not, I will use those powers as I see fit to destroy the Digi Destined, and the Digi Force!”
 
Xerxesmon's eyes were blazing with anger. “I will never give my powers to the likes of you!” he shouted back.
 
“Of course you won't give them… which is why I shall just take them!!”
 
“What? No!”
 
Friezamon sent a huge stream of energy that struck Xerxesmon hard, causing his powers to erupt and overload creating a giant fire to encircle the Digi Force and lock them in.
 
“Whoa! He's totally gone mad!” cried Yolei.
 
“Uhn… it's getting… too hot!” cried Princess-Angewomon. “We got to get out of here!”
 
They all tried running at the walls, and blasting at them, but the flames were far too powerful, and the more they struggled the hotter the fire got.
 
“ARGH!! It's getting… too hot to… breathe in here!” cried Ken. “We got to get out here before we roast to death!”
 
“Yes… AAH!! I agree!” said Ex-Phoenixmon. “And I know the only way how…” and he began to move towards the walls.
 
“Wait! What are you doing!” cried Yolei.
 
Ex-Phoenixmon, since he was a fire-type he could stand up to most kinds of flames, provided the flames did not exceed his own power. He stepped right through the fire. “GRRAAHH!!”
 
“EX-PHOENIXMON!!” Yolei screamed. “Get out of there!” but he just kept on pushing himself through the flames until he created an opening big enough for the others to squeeze through. “Hurry! You must go!” he growled. “I can't hold it up much longer!”
 
The others took their chances and leapt through the opening and out of the fire. Only, Ex-Phoenixmon wasn't able to make it out himself, and he fell back in.
 
“Ex-Phoenixmon! Ex-Phoenixmon, No!” Yolei cried. Everyone watched in horror as his body began to burn up in the flames. “DON'T WORRY ABOUT ME!!!”
 
KABOOM!!!
 
The fire had gone, and Ex-Phoenixmon couldn't be sensed anywhere. Yolei felt her heart being ripped in half as tears streaked down her cheek. “Ex-Phoenixmon. No… No.”
 
“NOOOO!!!”